PDA

View Full Version : Push/Pull/Leg Routine

Legacy
12-14-09, 8:00 pm
Sup Bros,

Ive been training 1 muscle a day once a week for a long time now and I have been hearing a lot about some push/pull/leg routines. I am thinking about switching to the push/pull/leg routine, but was wondering if yall could post some routines up for those of you that are currently on the routine. I wanna get a laid out version so I can create my own routine, but I am lacking some ideas right now. So anyone that is currently doing this routine post up what your routine is like.

Bran88
12-14-09, 8:03 pm
Day 1: Chest/tri/shoulders
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Back/bi/traps
Rest for how many days, repeat.

I followed this for awhile, but actually have now taken shoulders out and made a day 4 for them.

Legacy
12-14-09, 8:22 pm
Well I know the split, but I was referring to particular exercises and rep ranges such as highs and lows

Bran88
12-14-09, 8:53 pm
Well I know the split, but I was referring to particular exercises and rep ranges such as highs and lows

4-5 exercises per muscle group.

As far as reps go...that really depends on what you want to do with your body.

msktyshha
12-14-09, 10:25 pm
can chest and shoulders and tris be worked in the same day?

BionicMasterPiece
12-15-09, 12:28 am

idk can they?

Dingo
12-15-09, 12:58 am

what do you think is happening when you do any type of pressing movement or dips for that matter.....

msktyshha
12-15-09, 10:54 am
what do you think is happening when you do any type of pressing movement or dips for that matter.....

that's the reason why I asked because after doing flat bench and incline and flyes if I move on to military press wouldn't my shoulders be exhausted already to do military press?? so is it better to keep a different day for delts or it can be worked out in the same day as chest.

Dingo
12-15-09, 11:17 am
personally i train shoulders on their own separate day 2 days after i train chest. I feel i get a better shoulder workout when they are most recovered from chest day. Most would probably agree shoulders need to be separate from chest, however I'm sure there are proponents of chest and shoulders on the same day.

msktyshha
12-15-09, 12:35 pm
i currently do a 3 day split. mon- chest and tris tues-rest wed-back n bis thurs shoulders and legs. I can't give shoulders my 100% with leg day cause squats and leg presses take a whole lot out of me, so I am thinking about moving shoulders to mon with chest and tris and a seperate day for legs only. lets see how it works out

Birdman
12-15-09, 12:52 pm
i like to split my legs up on two separate days as follows:
Day 1-Chest/Tri
Day 2-Quad/Calve
Day 3-Shoulders/Abs
Day 4-Hamstring/Glutes
Day 5-Back/Bi

On quad/calve day i do a 10 minute bike warm up then proceed with-
Leg Press-1x15 (lighter weight) 1x12 (little more) 1x10 (working weight) 1x6 (heavy)
Front Squats-3x8 working weight
Hack Squats-3x10 working weight
Leg Extensions-3x15 heavy weight
Sitting calves-4x25 heavy
Standing calves-3x15 working weight

Hamstring/glute day also starts with a short bike warm up and goes as follows-
V-Squats (focus more on sticking your ass out, puts weight on hammies and glutes) 4x8 working weight
Straight Leg Deads-4x6 heavy
Leg Curls-3x12 working weight

ive been on this split now for about 2 months and have made great progress on my leg size and strength. definitely one of my favorites routines ive done. hope this helps
B.

dyskee
12-15-09, 5:22 pm
what about upper/lower splits??

day 1:upper
day 2:lower
day 3:off
day 4:upper
day 5:lower
day 6:off
day 7:off

Sho