PDA

View Full Version : How many packs of Nitro post-workout?

Bran88
12-14-09, 8:01 pm
I know Evan is taking 3 pwo, but for the "average" guy is that excessive? By no means of the imagination are my training days nothing less than intense. I typically train until depletion, so I'm definitely not just going through the motions.

TigerAce01
12-14-09, 8:21 pm
One or two packs serve the general population just fine. I like to wash mine down with a simple carb/glutamine/creatine/protein shake (if I can't get my hands on some Torrent).

-Ace

Muscleguy93
12-14-09, 8:27 pm
one is fine, I personally like EAA nitro though.

Bran88
12-14-09, 8:50 pm
Yeah, I typically take Nitro down immediately after lifting. I drink Torrent about 30 mins after that.

TigerAce01
12-14-09, 8:55 pm
one is fine, I personally like EAA nitro though.

When the hell is fruit punch coming out?!?! It was supposed to be here already!! haha

-Ace

Aggression
12-15-09, 9:22 am
When the hell is fruit punch coming out?!?! It was supposed to be here already!! haha

-Ace

Its been out for a minute now, T. Hit up www.universalnutrition.com

G Diesel
12-15-09, 9:35 am
I know Evan is taking 3 pwo, but for the "average" guy is that excessive? By no means of the imagination are my training days nothing less than intense. I typically train until depletion, so I'm definitely not just going through the motions.

1 to 2 should be plenty... In all honesty, of late on training days, I'll drink my postworkout shake immediately after training and then have my Nitro some time later, just being sure to get those EAAs in during the anabolic window.

-Ace

Fruit punch EAA Nitro has been out for a while now. Awesome for postworkout or while you train.

Peace, G

TigerAce01
12-15-09, 9:44 am
Fruit punch EAA Nitro has been out for a while now. Awesome for postworkout or while you train.

Peace, G

I haven't been able to find it anywhere online, except for the main Universal site. That was some delicious stuff.

-Ace

Universal Rep
12-15-09, 10:00 am

One pack + your regular PWO meal.

C.Coronato
12-15-09, 11:27 am
I like one Nitro and Torrent immediately post workout and then within that next hour i have a meal.

Bran88
12-15-09, 11:36 am
One pack + your regular PWO meal.

Both at the same time? Even though some suggest that Nitro should be taken on an empty stomach?

Universal Rep
12-15-09, 11:37 am
Both at the same time? Even though some suggest that Nitro should be taken on an empty stomach?

No. I'd stagger... If you use Torrent like treetrunks said (great combo, by the way), I'd go Nitro immediately. Then Torrent 30 minutes after.Then a regular whole food meal 60 minutes after that. If no Torrent, then Nitro immediately after, followed by your regular meal 30-60 minutes after.

N. Motta
12-15-09, 12:32 pm
I do what Uni and TTL do, with one small tweak. I have my Nitro about half way through my workout, then since I bring my Torrent shake to the gym, I pound it the moment my training is over.

Universal Rep
12-15-09, 12:53 pm
I do what Uni and TTL do, with one small tweak. I have my Nitro about half way through my workout, then since I bring my Torrent shake to the gym, I pound it the moment my training is over.

Yup. This'd work too... Maybe wash the Nitro down, intra, with a carb-based drink?

Bran88
12-15-09, 1:17 pm
Yup. This'd work too... Maybe wash the Nitro down, intra, with a carb-based drink?

Yeah, I typically take Scivation Xtend when I lift.

N. Motta
12-15-09, 1:31 pm

Intra Aid. :)

Shifty
12-16-09, 6:04 am
I do 1 pack of Nitro Pre 40 mins then Pump 30mins

Train

Then 1 pack as soon as the last weight hits the floor,30g of torrent 30mins later.

It works fine.

Universal Rep
12-16-09, 10:13 am
Intra Aid. :)

Very nice.

Littlefry
12-16-09, 12:35 pm
Personally I only use 1 pack and that immediately when Im done my training session, on off days I would take it right in the morning. Thats jsut me thought since Im a university student I have to watch my budget and this way I still get my EAAs in my system quick and effeicent with Nitro. However during my cut I might run 2 packs on training days to help preserve lean muscle and aid in quicker recovery.

Bran88
12-16-09, 1:20 pm
So it sounds like most are just taking one pack pwo.

Universal Rep
12-16-09, 1:25 pm

I do.

G Diesel
12-16-09, 1:41 pm
Personally I only use 1 pack and that immediately when Im done my training session, on off days I would take it right in the morning. Thats jsut me thought since Im a university student I have to watch my budget and this way I still get my EAAs in my system quick and effeicent with Nitro. However during my cut I might run 2 packs on training days to help preserve lean muscle and aid in quicker recovery.

I do.

There is no doubt that though some of us are proud practitioners of "overkill" a single pack of Nitro postworkout (preferably with some simple carbs) will more than do the job.

Peace, G

Bran88
12-16-09, 2:39 pm
There is no doubt that though some of us are proud practitioners of "overkill" a single pack of Nitro postworkout (preferably with some simple carbs) will more than do the job.

Peace, G

Good stuff, thanks G Diesel.

Bran88
12-17-09, 12:05 am
Also, do you think we will benefit from taking a pack immediately upon waking up?

mritter3
12-17-09, 3:21 pm
1 pack is what you want...evan is a beast...3 for him means 1 for a normal person.

LVs
12-17-09, 7:35 pm
Also, do you think we will benefit from taking a pack immediately upon waking up?

I was trying to take it two different ways: first thing in the morning with about 8 oz of grape juice (for 35g of glucose); and also about 1.5 hour after the breakfast, which included PAK. Wanna say, that the second way it works much better. Thinking on it, I explain this fact for myself the following way: if NITRO sparks protein syntesis, the syntesis itself will be started just when there are aminos in blood. In other words, how to build without the bricks? So previous food gives it. And PAK also provides some good stuff that supports this process - like concrete for bricks. So taking it after breakfast, it made me very hungry in half an hour, so I was able to eat more for several next hours.

Big Wides
12-17-09, 9:31 pm

Peace, G

I agree with G on this, if you are taking Nitro with Torrent then your getting a double wammo since Torrent contains some aminos as well.

Its up to the individual though, I have taken 3 packs and Torrent PWO some days and other days taken 1 pack with Grape Juice on others

Littlefry
12-17-09, 10:39 pm
Yea in my opinion it really just depends on the person and there goals. For most people I would say 1 pack pwo with torrent 30mins later would be more than an effeicent amount of aminos to take in pwo.

Big C
12-17-09, 10:52 pm

I actually did this for a while....but I didn't want to be "wasting" my paks, and Ox said this really wasn't necessary so I just saved it for pwo. However, the House used a pak in the morning before his first meal I think when he was prepping for a show - probably a good idea then when trying to preserve muscle.