PDA

View Full Version : failure

msktyshha
12-14-09, 8:48 pm
guys what are the pros and cons of momentary muscular failure like a set to failure not total exhaustion. Is it better in a sense of bodybuilding to train to momentary failure rather than stopping in a 8-12 range. please share

JasonG
12-14-09, 11:31 pm
The only con would be possibly overtraining eventually.
I always train to failure. They way I see it is if I hit your top rep limit of 12, sure you can stop if it's a warm up set of course, but if it's a working set keep going until you fail. Write that down in your journey book and increase the weight next time or your next set. If you got more in the tank during the sets that matter, why stop? Do you think your forcing your body to adapt and grow muscle if you don't tax the shit out of it? I'll also add advanced techniques like drop sets, rest pause, forced reps, giant sets etc. to increase intensity. If you feel like your overtraining and not recouperating fast enough. back off a little and let your CNS recover for a week or two.

theharjmann
12-15-09, 9:09 am
guys what are the pros and cons of momentary muscular failure like a set to failure not total exhaustion. Is it better in a sense of bodybuilding to train to momentary failure rather than stopping in a 8-12 range. please share

every human body is different. some resppond to failure, some dont. some respond to heavy weight, some dont. osme respond to high reps, some dont

if you havent been training solidly for at least 10 years (that includes me), fuck the science side of it and just train ur ass off and eat and sleep a lot.

then once you have a decent amount of beef on ur frame then maybe look into scientific journals etc.