PDA

View Full Version : My journey

daflex
12-14-09, 11:36 pm
Well just joined up so i guess ill post stats and ect and ambissions and maybe get some help and pointers and just input. Im 5 foot 7 and 210 at about 12 percent body fat. Have always been able to pull weight from sports wrestlin, martial arts ect. Kinda hard gainer otherwise hard to get much over 220 without gainin to much fat. Don't do one rep maxes much but bench is around 430
squat is at 585 havent tried much more
military press around 350
deadlift somewhere around 7 somethin with straps

Doing a carb cycling routine right now going up and down all week with carbs and protein from 800 carbs some days to 200 others with acompanieing protein jumps and falls think about two months of this and should have gained pretty good cause sometimes i throw up from eating so much and yes its very clean my carb split daily is 70/30 good to bad carbs. As far as supplements ect. protein drink mixed with creatine and a banana about twenty minutes after workout. 2 daily multi vitas a day about 10 bottles water a day. only doin one a days right now hopin to go back to two a days soon but met some pros this weekend and they said 4 exercises 4 sets each for each body part with my food intake was undertrainin so started doublin it today. Any comments\help\input is appriciated want to compete in strongman and bodybuilding on day soon i hope.

OklahomaMuscle
12-14-09, 11:39 pm
My man...good to see you starting up a journey. I already posted in my journey about my new Freaky Strong workout partner. Lets get HUGE baby...

daflex
12-14-09, 11:48 pm
Im 900% for it all. i wanna blow up

daflex
12-15-09, 12:57 am
today did chest
5 sets bench went up to 4 with 365
4 sets incline with 120s thats all my gym gots
4 sets twisting decline dumbells pretty heavy but more slow and strict
floor press;s with 120s about 4 sets 8
4 exercises around 16 sets on cable machines not super heavy just good form, squeeze, and slow
about 12 sets mixed abs
and 3 tripel supersets for calfs
was exhausted at end of chest first time to do that much without thinkin was overtrainin but the pros i talked to that were actually pros said with all my food intake i could take it and was previously undertraining with 4 exercises bodypart 4 sets apiece so ill try for while see if cant get some real size.

daflex
12-15-09, 9:47 am
Damn another restless night down the drain take medication but sleepin never goes well for me gunna try take a nap sometime today to prep for tonights back session. Get ready oklahoma muscle we're goin super heavy tonight all night. I can't wait

daflex
12-15-09, 3:55 pm
finally took me i don't know how long but took a nap and could have helped or not but now mentally i am ready for tonight om be ready we gunna rock

C.Coronato
12-15-09, 4:19 pm
Like i said in OKMs thread. Anyone boys with him, is good in my books. Subbed for goos work.

daflex
12-15-09, 4:26 pm
Thanks bud ill try to keep ya interested

daflex
12-16-09, 12:22 am
What a night me and my boy oklahoma muscle threw down tonight fellas yall know what im talkin about when you go to your second set of the day and think damn i feel strong today
did some back started out with 4 sets weighted pullups from 30 to 65 lbs then some reverse grip pulldowns 3 sets at 205 then some monster barbell rows felt great tonight did couple light warm up sets up to 225 then keepin great for busted out two sets with 315 was proud of that one set 8 and one set 7 but on 7 last two was kinda sloppy but i felt great about them. Then we did one arm rows 4 sets started with 120 and ended with 165s ya buddy.
then we went to the machines doing various close wide twisted and reversed grip row seated standing lat pulls ect. did 20 + more sets on the machines then did six sets of heavy weighted abs then some side roman chairs for obliques three sets just body weight then triple setted some forarms and ended with a reverse curl burnout was super night am super pumped and super ripped was great night you guys know those nights when ya just feel invinsible thats why we do it brothers i f---in love it.

OklahomaMuscle
12-16-09, 10:55 am
We need bigger dumbells....way to kill it, enjoy the wheels tonight. I'm gonna bring the sled on Thursday so throw in the harness if you can. we'll see how it works. Also read this...http://www.elitefts.com/documents/fat_strong.htm I think we should start incorporating some of this type stuff into our training...hell if it works for the strongest guys in the world why not us right...?

daflex
12-16-09, 6:38 pm
Alright bud its wheels tonight shit drinkin my pre right now gunna try best not to hold my breath during entire workout. I'll waddle back here after and tell ya how much it sucked and yet we do it on purpose everyday. Lol We love the pain.

daflex
12-16-09, 11:25 pm
Wow my least favorite of everything but i do not treat them with disrespect or mistreat them. I think i dislike them so much cause im always outta breath from not breathing inbetween reps especially when squatin. but anyways did it hardcore tonight threw down 5 sets squats 1st warmup then up to and finishing with set 6 deep squats with 405 felt the burn then went to leg press did 5 sets ending up with 26 plates it was killer then went to extensions did 4 sets good hard squeezin at top kind then hammys started with stiff legged dead lifts did 4 sets last one 6 good ones with 405 then did the leg curl for 3 good sets of squeezin 10s then did somethin one of the guy i train with i don't know what called you lay on bench with dumbell inbetween feet and straighten legs then curl up it hurt good tho. then did 4 sets standing calf raises then single calf raises for 4 with 65s then tore up some abs and obliques im exhausted but legs were hurtin real bad and back was too then just quit hmm don't know but figure i ll be braceing myself to sit on the pot next couple days you guys know what i mean i love it thats why we do it. we do it so its difficult to wipe our own ass's lol.

daflex
12-17-09, 10:31 am
Another bump we're all used to in our drive. Tossed and turned last night probably slept about three hours all together but feel alright used to it just gettin aggrivated about it
but i move on. On the up side got up on time to eat at my normal times and get my 600 carbs and 350 grams protein in today lol just thought makes me bloated but we do what
we do brothers.

daflex
12-17-09, 10:59 pm
damn not only do my back and legs hurt so good my arms killin now such a good burn. " I don't know if you heard me i just did a thousand curls." Ron burgandy anyways started with bi's tonight with hammer curls 4 sets went up to 110s, then to seated dumbell curls 4 sets went up to 65s, then to ezbar curls with the stabilizer went up to 175 on 4th set then to machine rope curls 4 sets, then standing alternating dumbell curls 4 sets, then finished bi's with some arnold free airs 3 sets ending with 50's. And onto triceps started with close grip bench went up to 315 for last set of 4 sets, then to skullcrushers 4 sets ended with set 6 with 215, then weighted dips 4 sets of 8 with 120 lb dumbell, then to supersets on machine double overhand, reverse double, reverse single, and v bar pushes, to then end with rope kickforwards damn 22 sets on the machines i am wasted.

daflex
12-18-09, 10:07 pm
had a pretty bad head ache most of the day slipped up and woke up late and cause that and headache only ate the remaining meals left in day so decided from slip up day and all around soreness i'll move my last workout day for this week to tomorrow. Damnit i hate days like today.

daflex
12-20-09, 12:11 am
started out super heavy today, someone pissed me off and got me in the mood to throw some serious weight so i started my shoulder/trap night with that but ended up in a throw down just all out workout. I started out traditionally with really heavy presses but after about two exercises just about 8 sets i decided to go crazy i did every shoulder exercise i could think of and started supersetin them together and tryin ever variation i have ever heard or seen heavy, light, form, slow, negative, consecutive, backwards, forwards, mixed i did it all and did i don't know how many of anything all together but i tore my shoulders up. Then i moved on to traps did some upright rows with barbell then singles with the cable, then onto some heavy shrugs only went up to 685 my great new animal straps i had given to me at the plano show broke tonight. That after only two weeks but anyways then super set those with dumbell shrugs and plate rolls. about 4 supersets then moved to forearms and abs did 3 exercises for each all pretty quick and mixed together but all and all pretty good night.

daflex
12-21-09, 11:17 pm
probably my favorite day aside from arms but just all out killed em tonight started with a down pyramid bench great set of 375 for 6 then 335 for 8 then 305 for 10 then 275 for 15 then 245 for 20 then 185 for 20 and moved to 4 heavy sets of incline dumbell press's with the 120's thats all we got. but i make the most of it with form and control and squeeze. i love it then went to all out control and form and used the cables and machines supersetting about five exercises at a time on each totaling around 4 sets an exercise supersetting around 8 more exercises maybe more i was freakin toast then did some heavy seated calf raises with ghetto rig set up then some abs and obliques and i was out like fat kid in dodge ball. was a great workout felt so good and pumped.

OklahomaMuscle
12-22-09, 9:50 am
Looks like a good session last night, had to get the truck fixed so I wasn't able to get up there. I wanted to get it done before this "bad" weather hits... I should be back on my normal schedule next week. The holidays have got this week all sort of jacked up... kill it tonight for me

C.Coronato
12-22-09, 9:58 am
Looking good my brother. Keep it up.

daflex
12-22-09, 4:33 pm
treetrunklegs Looking good my brother. Keep it up.

thanks bud i appriciate it and like i said after seein pic very nice wheels.

And to my lifting partner
if ya need a ride or somethin just let me know otherwise will miss your essence and drive and help in gym but i'll put it on it extra hard for ya till see ya again

daflex
12-22-09, 11:29 pm
What a strong night tonight turned out to be. got a little slopy on heaviest sets but why try to lift what you already know ya can. right? tore up some back tonight started out with some weighted dips started with a 60 and ended with bodyweight then moved to the heavy liftin well my personal best lifts anyways. started with barbell rows started with 225 and ended with 365 for set of six which like i said was my best but 4 were good last two kinda sloppy but all and all good lifts. After that i was pumped you guys know when ya like one up your personal best you thought you could do you get that super man feelin i had it tonight then did one arm rows did 4 sets ending with another pb of 200 pound rows tried for six got five clean and just couldn't budge another but i was proud then did another 8 exercises all supersetted together for a total of 32 more sets it was intense and strict formed ass kickin my back felt like it was physically stickin out then supersetted some abs and did couple sets of forearm supersets and bounced was great workout again thing my carb cyclin is rockin my poundages up like quick. i was gettin doubtful but now am stoked for i have 2 and half weeks of it left before runnin a cut cycle in between but i love it now.

daflex
12-23-09, 10:31 pm
there was no one in the gym tonight which is nice and not you guys know what i mean well anyways i did wheels tonight did 4 sets of deep squats ending with 405 then moved to 40 dg leg press did 10 sets ended up with 24 plates was pretty pumped then finished quads off with some light leg extensions one at a time then both together kinda tripel setted that for 3 sets of 10 each leg the 10 together. then moved on to hammys took stiff legs to 405 for last set then did 4 sets of clean leg curls same as extensions slow one leg at time then both then finished with my buddies version of wierd laying down upside down leg curls tryed to do some abs but was completely toast but i felt good all and all about the night.

daflex
12-24-09, 9:47 am
thirty, forty mile hour wind super sleet storm and below freezing should be lovely trip to gym later lol

daflex
01-19-10, 11:11 pm
Its been a while since i've posted on this thing but i guess i will post anyways its a good record keeper i can look back on anyways. So tonight i did chest. Started with bench and went with five sets finishin with 365 for four. Then moved to incline bench but have been using dumbells for long time so moving back to bar i fugured i'd go with reverse pyramid started with 315 and went down to 135 that was rough at the end. Then went to decline dumbell twist just did light weight used 80's for four sets of 10 with good slow form hurt.
Then moved to a triple superset with the cable for three supersets that was rough just worked on form. Then went to some arnold stretches supersetted with some floor presses just used the one twenties for a couple sets. Then did alot of abs mixed with obliques. That finished off my night took a little over two hours. Started back on my carb diet today and been hittin alot of samples of products had a heck of a twitch tonight lol.

daflex
01-20-10, 6:00 pm
Well decided after wakin up late i'd change my carb loadin down to a mellow 75,200,350 and see how that treats me cause that up to 800 a day was wow put on around 15 pounds last month but wasn't upset or really happy about it i knew what kind it would be but hopefully can keep a few good pounds of that. And since woke up late had to cram in food in shorter than normal time uh that sucked eatin every hour and half for last few wow full cant wait till workout tonight. Gunna throw down on some back tonight. Tryin some new supp. We'll see how they turn out

daflex
01-20-10, 10:36 pm
Well i started out pissed as i know everyother person on here reading this was. The gym was full of the start of the year quiters in my way thats all they do for a month is get in my way then you never see them again i wish they would never show up at all if not going to try and just talk and get in my way, uh sorry had to get that out anyways my only other workout partner can't work out till late so its back to the same old its been for years just me and thats all i need thats fine its just easier to ask for a spot for every exercise from your partner and not a stranger but anyways started back out with weighted pullups three sets with a thirty then moved on to barbell rows went up to 375 on last set i screwed up tho you know when ya get excited ya i thought i wasn't going to be able to do them with good form did two good ones then started laughing and smiling which killed me so then did two more slopy ones to finish it off, i hate that. Then did one arm rows went up to 185 on fourth set for six, then moved to cable rows alternating one arm then other then both just stayed good slow form. Then did some upside down rows slow and clean like three sets then finished with a triple superset for lats of some single pulldowns close reverse grip pulldowns and some cross bodies. Was all and all pretty good night.

daflex
01-21-10, 11:32 pm
Tonight started out sucking as usual like million people in gym so i talked to some people for a minute and it just miracalasly it cleared out, which made me happy so it was on. Started with 4 sets of squats all clean down to parallel ended up with just 405 cause like form on those then moved to leg press's ended up with 25 plates it was intensly hard. That makes my best tried got good 7 for last set. Then did 4 slow clean sets of leg ext. Then moved to hammy's i usually always start with stiff legged deadlifts as i did tonight but go up to 400 plus but always feel more in back and end up sore so tonight just did 3 sets with 225 good clean and slow and felt it way more maybe will do that from now on then did 3 sets of leg curls just medium weight each leg seperate then together did 3 sets of 10 like that, then moved on to some laying down exercise a buddy showed me with a dumbell inbetween my feet feels good but weird and unstable but did a couple sets of that then on to calves did some standing barbell raises about 4 sets. Then some extensions on the leg press, for couple sets then finished with some single leg standing raises wheels are comp blown. Gunna murder arms tomorrow.

daflex
01-22-10, 1:33 pm
Damn today by nine oclock i had even my portion sizes down to the calories added already and food all made for the entire day. Usually i just make large portions of wheat rice and spaghetti and chicken and some lean beef on a sunday night to last the week. But usually gotta weigh out every meal to get up to my numbers and that just sucks. Been really on it last couple days. Sweet!

daflex
01-22-10, 11:13 pm
Damn nuthin but heavy tonight kept decent form but threw down tonight started with bi's. Started with seated barbell curls did 3 sets ended up with 175, then headed to crossbody hammer curls started with the ninetys and ended with the 120's, then moved to a superset of seated alternating curls and seated alternating straight hammer curls did 5 sets what a pump. Then switched to tri's. Started with close grip benches ended with 335. Then moved to skull crushers 4 sets started heavy with 225 then ended with 135. Then moved to weighted dips with the 120's did 3 sets of 8. Then went over and did some reverse kickbacks on the cables for 4 last sets then considered my arms toasted, great night, felt strong.

daflex
01-24-10, 3:58 am
broke another set of straps today damnit. Started shoulders off with dumbell press's did 4 sets with the 120's cause thats all we got. then moved to the side laterals did 3 sets ending with 45's and yes i keep my arms straight i don't do the bent ones. Then moved to single arm forward ended up after 4 sets with the 70's then went to superset the rear delts with some bent over ext and some cable ext did 4 sets then went onto my triple supersets of shrugs did 4 sets ending with 16 plates on the barbell row kept it lighter and great form then to 120 single holds then 45 pound plates for rolling shrugs what a good night

daflex
01-24-10, 3:59 am
they broke on my last set of barbell shrugs with 8 plates on each side seams like whatever set i by they always brake each week after about 700 pounds it sucks.

daflex
01-25-10, 10:54 pm
Well decided to give in cause every week, every day i go with the go hard or go home. I'm the lift heavy or don't lift. Well figure a little mix won't hurt started chest with incline barbell press's started with 225 ended with 135 pyramiding down with touch on chest every rep and a three second hold whooo negatives wow. Then did the same on flat bench, then went to my decline twist did 4 sets with just the 60's super slow form, squeezein, negatives, hurtin now. Moved over to the cables for a triple slow control sets of overhead crossovers, mid then low. did 5 sets and figured i was toast. Did 3 really heavy forearm exercises and some calves. Then decided to do some abs and again toast so that was the night.

daflex
01-26-10, 6:54 pm
Not sure how tonight is going to go. But have had way to much preworkout formula. Gotta little twitch but might need it. I have always done stiff legged dead lifts for hammys but am going to start out with old school dead lifts tonight as heavy as i can go for back night and might incorporate them in for the constant future. We'll see how it goes and if i don't hurt myself. Well self will report back to ya later.

OklahomaMuscle
03-04-10, 3:50 pm
Yo how's things at Biff's homeboy? you still hitting things hard? I've been thinking about getting the Oklahoma ABC together for a lifting session, got a guy from Mcload and also a dude down in Lawton. I'll keep you posted, let me know if your interested, I need to ask Justin if we could possibly meet there at Biffs