PDA

View Full Version : Carbs Too High?

drag0590
12-15-09, 12:47 am
what do you guys think is "HIGH CARBS" for a carb sensitive individual who is trying to stay lean? and lose fat (gradually) ..... (5.6, 170 pounds)
between 200- 150 grams, 100 -80 grams,
what would you guys recommend.... i would say nothing over 180 grams?

On Letting Go
12-15-09, 7:07 am
Dude, carbs dont make you fat. Too much caloric excess (over time), makes you fat.

Overall calories will determine whether or not you lose fat or gain muscle. Each persons definition of 'high carbs' will vary.

IronWilson
12-15-09, 7:37 am
There is no defining number of carbs. I think it is just a matter of using them at the proper times. If you have a physical job, you are going to require carbs during the day. If you are just sitting at the office, I feel you don't really need carbs because you will be less likely to utilize them. Of course, you need them pre and post workout (if bulking anyway).

Carbs following the workout depends on how demanding the workout was. Legs and back of course require the most. Just go by how you feel.

msktyshha
12-15-09, 10:56 am
if you wanna know numbers then just multiply your weight by 15, that would be your total calories intake if you wanna stay as lean as possible and build muscle. then 40% of that number should be the calories you wanna consume from carbs divide that by 4 and you get your daily carb intake in grams.

GJN5002
12-15-09, 1:53 pm
what do you guys think is "HIGH CARBS" for a carb sensitive individual who is trying to stay lean? and lose fat (gradually) ..... (5.6, 170 pounds)

youre going to have to experiment to find out. It will be different for everyone. Some guys can eat 400g and stay lean some people eat 200 and they gain fat. Liek said, timing is important as awell.

Fury317
12-15-09, 2:33 pm

80g is extremely low, but everyone is different. You have to experiment with it and see how you respond. Personally, I take in my carbs in the morning, and around my workout. During "down time" I do protein/fat meals. I recently changed to this and Im liking it a lot. It keeps my energy up, adn Im relatively lean sitting around 230.

drag0590
12-15-09, 6:29 pm
ya my range is 150-200grams per day

but i have another question since were in this topic......at the end of the day it matters how much calories your taking, to determine if your going to maintain lose or gain right,
so why do people put such emphsisis on making carbos bad
for example if someone eats 2000cals of clean calories (of course i dont agree that a calorie is a calorie because u cant eat 1500cals a day of donuts and expect to lose weight) but im taking about clean calories...such as those that mostly come from wholegrains, fiber, fruits, veggies, lowfat dairy, lean meats...and some starches like potatos and rice (post workout in mind)...in my opinion it all comes down to how much cals your eating in the days worth....and moderation is key....a little bit of everything not to much of anything....i think 2-3 servings of fruits,3-4 servings of whole grains, 1 serving of startches, 4 servings of veggies....4 servings of lean meats, 2 servings of dairy is the best way to eat to stay healthy and lean....
if your within your right caloric level....

Pizzalamp
12-15-09, 8:15 pm
Dude, carbs dont make you fat. Too much caloric excess (over time), makes you fat.

Overall calories will determine whether or not you lose fat or gain muscle. Each persons definition of 'high carbs' will vary.
agreed very good post

Kryptonite
12-15-09, 8:57 pm
ya my range is 150-200grams per day

but i have another question since were in this topic......at the end of the day it matters how much calories your taking, to determine if your going to maintain lose or gain right,
so why do people put such emphsisis on making carbos bad
for example if someone eats 2000cals of clean calories (of course i dont agree that a calorie is a calorie because u cant eat 1500cals a day of donuts and expect to lose weight) but im taking about clean calories...such as those that mostly come from wholegrains, fiber, fruits, veggies, lowfat dairy, lean meats...and some starches like potatos and rice (post workout in mind)...in my opinion it all comes down to how much cals your eating in the days worth....and moderation is key....a little bit of everything not to much of anything....i think 2-3 servings of fruits,3-4 servings of whole grains, 1 serving of startches, 4 servings of veggies....4 servings of lean meats, 2 servings of dairy is the best way to eat to stay healthy and lean....
if your within your right caloric level....

Maybe you should look back to your other thread and reread the advice I tried to give you. Considering you ignored it all, argued with me about it, and are now agreeing with me.

Your food servings and carb intake seem to be right on point (Though I feel a 1:1 ratio is the most effective. Ex: 300g protein, 300g carbs, and about 100g fat.).

moderation is key

Oh, so you did read my advice?

drag0590
12-16-09, 12:16 am
yess lool
thanks dude