PDA

View Full Version : G on "Z"

G Diesel
12-16-09, 9:40 am
Pumped to test the first new Animal product in a while. Yesterday was my day one as J-Dawg hooked me up with a special early batch of the good stuff.

This is the kind of recovery product that I've always been looking for as I feel it places emphasis on one of the most critical opportunities for new growth and over the years I've kind of just pieced together my own homebrew version of something comparable, but I've gotta say, nothing I've put together compares to the profile on "Z". This shit is awesome.

I took the "Z" last night a couple of hours after training legs and I notice that my typical soreness is not as bad as usual thus far. It is way early in the game, so it is tough for me to gauge the effects just yet, but we're off to a good start no doubt. Will keep you guys updated as I progress.

I know I can only get so specific, but if you guys have questions, hit me and I'll see what I can get away with answering as we bend the confidentiality rules. Don't want to leave you fellas in the dark completely when it comes to something so new that I'm really, genuinely excited about.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
12-16-09, 9:50 am
First.

Lookin' good, G. Interested in seeing all the feedback for Project Z.

Birdman
12-16-09, 9:50 am
sounds bad ass G. keep the updates rollin, curious to see how it gos

Kon_Rock
12-16-09, 9:59 am
In for this G, I'm pumped about Z

Universal Rep
12-16-09, 10:13 am
In for this G, I'm pumped about Z

There you are.

J-Dawg
12-16-09, 10:18 am
Looking forward to your thoughts G.

Mr. Dead
12-16-09, 11:01 am
Aw hell... Definitely gotta see how this goes!!!

Kon_Rock
12-16-09, 12:02 pm
There you are.

Ha, Yeah I made is across the waters.

Kon_Rock
12-16-09, 12:05 pm
I took the "Z" last night a couple of hours after training legs and

This is interesting. Is that the typical dosing time?

NJC_Manhattan
12-16-09, 12:22 pm
Definitely stopping by here to gauge the response to Z

Mr. Dead
12-16-09, 12:28 pm
What's the diet and the rest of the supps looking like for this...???

G Diesel
12-16-09, 1:04 pm
This is interesting. Is that the typical dosing time?

Depends on what time of day you train.

What's the diet and the rest of the supps looking like for this...???

The usual. Trying to get in maximum clean, high protein calories with some reasonable cheating.

As for the supps... Pak, Omega, Nitro and some Universal aminos and protein. Plus some SP goodies. Just the basics, nothing fancy.

Peace, G

Flash419
12-16-09, 1:07 pm
So.... 'Z' is a post workout? Drink? Pak?

ghost
12-16-09, 1:08 pm
subbed!

G Diesel
12-16-09, 1:17 pm
So.... 'Z' is a post workout? Drink? Pak?

Hmmm... Not sure if I can come right out and say it, but based on your past experiences with and knowledge of Animal products, what would you bet your money on?

Peace, G

Big Wides
12-16-09, 8:00 pm
In for this one big fella

dannynb
12-16-09, 8:46 pm
Always subbed when it comes to G throwing out his .02.

Dingo
12-17-09, 12:58 am
im all about alleviating leg soreness:
typically whats level of soreness (1-10) do you get and for how many days?
how much has Z already, if any, helped to reduce the intensity or the duration of the soreness?

Leg soreness is my main reason for having any interest in this product. Mine are at about a 7 on the pain scale 2 days after and it lasts for up to 5 days.

mritter3
12-17-09, 9:06 am
very cool G, looking forward to seeing what you got to say about this product, been looking for something like i think this is gonna be for a while now.

G Diesel
12-17-09, 9:41 am
im all about alleviating leg soreness:
typically whats level of soreness (1-10) do you get and for how many days?
how much has Z already, if any, helped to reduce the intensity or the duration of the soreness?

Leg soreness is my main reason for having any interest in this product. Mine are at about a 7 on the pain scale 2 days after and it lasts for up to 5 days.

Soreness changes from week to week often based on what kind of intensity techniques I used or if I included different exercises, so it is tough to gauge. Unless I do something extreme, I'm rarely sore for 5 days like you report, but it may be because I tend to take a lot of aminos. I'm 2 days out from my leg session and I'm probably a 5 out of 10, which isn't too bad.

Will be interesting to see how my chest feels in the days following Friday.

So far so good after 2 days on Z.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
12-17-09, 11:00 am
Soreness changes from week to week often based on what kind of intensity techniques I used or if I included different exercises, so it is tough to gauge. Unless I do something extreme, I'm rarely sore for 5 days like you report, but it may be because I tend to take a lot of aminos. I'm 2 days out from my leg session and I'm probably a 5 out of 10, which isn't too bad.

Will be interesting to see how my chest feels in the days following Friday.

So far so good after 2 days on Z.

Peace, G

Nice G. Can't go wrong with having extra aminos in your system.

G Diesel
12-18-09, 10:27 am
Nice G. Can't go wrong with having extra aminos in your system.

Always a good strategy for recovery... They are the building blocks after all. Ya can't rebuild the house without the right bricks.

Been under the weather for 2 days now, so I'm doing my best to rest and recuperate. Will be trying to get back in the gym tonight.

I'm using Z to the best of my ability to help bolster my immunity and fight whatever bug I've got. Seems to be yet another potential benefit.

Peace, G

G Diesel
12-19-09, 7:10 pm
Nyquil, 2g Vitamin C, Pak, 20g glutamine and Project Z last night... Whatever this bug is, it better know it is in for a fight and I'm armed to the teeth. Haha.

Peace, G

ghost
12-19-09, 7:13 pm
feel better G!

G Diesel
12-19-09, 7:16 pm
feel better G!

Already am a little at a time, but thank you my brother.

Peace, G

Mutant
12-19-09, 11:00 pm
That sounds pretty legit man. Lookin forward to the new updates.

GSant434
12-19-09, 11:01 pm
Nyquil, 2g Vitamin C, Pak, 20g glutamine and Project Z last night... Whatever this bug is, it better know it is in for a fight and I'm armed to the teeth. Haha.

Peace, G

Shoot first shoot some more and then when everyone's dead try and ask a question. Haha nothing wrong with overkill G. You'll be back throwing up crazy weight soon enough

mritter3
12-20-09, 9:29 am

Peace, G

with all that working for ya, whatever you got dont stand a chance...you will be banging iron soon enough...get better big man.

Little Z
12-20-09, 11:24 pm
Damn man.. got me all excited.. I thought you were writing a book about me.. HAHAHA..

You know im here to follow my brotha from anotha motha.. hope you get to feelin better man, i just got over some crap not long ago..

G Diesel
12-21-09, 9:29 am
Shoot first shoot some more and then when everyone's dead try and ask a question. Haha nothing wrong with overkill G. You'll be back throwing up crazy weight soon enough

Always my strategy my brother... Hope I'm feeling up to some back, bis and abs tonight.

with all that working for ya, whatever you got dont stand a chance...you will be banging iron soon enough...get better big man.

Trying to do what I can to get healthy ASAP. I find being sick so frustrating as it gets in the way of my plans, but Mother Nature couldn't give a shit about my plans apparently. Haha.

Damn man.. got me all excited.. I thought you were writing a book about me.. HAHAHA..

You know im here to follow my brotha from anotha motha.. hope you get to feelin better man, i just got over some crap not long ago..

Yeah it is going around, but its all good. I'll take my lumps and be back at it ASAP. Gotta finish '09 strong. No point in putting off as a resolution what can be done today.

Peace, G

mritter3
12-21-09, 10:12 am
well hope your feeling better G....how is z treating ya?

G Diesel
12-21-09, 11:07 am
well hope your feeling better G....how is z treating ya?

Hard to gauge exactly as I'm using it as part of my protocol to get healthy and back to normal, but I would certainly say that it is aiding in that process.

Hope to do some serious hard training over the holidays and will better be able to assess the overall benefits of Z.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
12-21-09, 11:18 am
Hope Z is getting on ya brotha. I cant quite pin point it for myself.

G Diesel
12-21-09, 1:47 pm
Hope Z is getting on ya brotha. I cant quite pin point it for myself.

Early in the game still... Want to be healthy and training balls out before I start to really get assess its efficacy. I'm definitely pumped about the concept though.

Peace, G

G Diesel
12-23-09, 1:47 pm
Back at it in the gym last night... Z is once again in the mix. Everything is sore cuz of being sick and the forced days off, so I still need a couple days of normalcy to gauge the power of Z.

Peace, G

mritter3
12-23-09, 3:07 pm
Back at it in the gym last night... Z is once again in the mix. Everything is sore cuz of being sick and the forced days off, so I still need a couple days of normalcy to gauge the power of Z.

Peace, G

well ill be waiting to get your thoughts on it G, hope your feeling better over the holidays...have a great one

Punisher
12-23-09, 4:21 pm
what is this Z and how can i get some!

calcaneous
12-24-09, 5:10 pm

Peace, G

bro.....package those ingredients up, and sell the idea to corporate as the animal health pak.

ironshaolin
12-24-09, 5:34 pm
Can't wait to see whats in this one. Animal should really come out with a caesin hydrosylate supplement.

E-Train
12-24-09, 6:56 pm
in on this and testing this as well, cant wait to see your results.

G Diesel
12-28-09, 1:24 pm
Somewhat back to normal now... I'll be hitting Z consistently from here on out.

The formula is absolutely sick as I'm sure most alpha testers can attest. Awesome profile.

Peace, G

J-Dawg
12-29-09, 12:08 pm
Good to hear G. The ingredient profile is top secret for now but will be exciting to reveal down the road.

G Diesel
12-29-09, 12:14 pm
Took my Z last night and definitely noticed a positive difference. Though trying to rest extra over the holiday, I'll be getting my training in and giving Project Z its day in court.

Peace, G

G Diesel
12-29-09, 12:17 pm
well ill be waiting to get your thoughts on it G, hope your feeling better over the holidays...have a great one

Yo do the same my brother.

what is this Z and how can i get some!

Ya gotta train hard and know the right peeps.

bro.....package those ingredients up, and sell the idea to corporate as the animal health pak.

This is my own proprietary home brew and not for sale. Haha.

Can't wait to see whats in this one. Animal should really come out with a caesin hydrosylate supplement.

Gotta love some slow digesting protein. Would love to see such a product from The U down the road.

in on this and testing this as well, cant wait to see your results.

Welcome bro, I too am excited to see where this road leads.

Good to hear G. The ingredient profile is top secret for now but will be exciting to reveal down the road.

Killer job on this formula. I dig the concept and the profile.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
01-05-10, 4:39 pm
How are you liking Z? Im just getting into the groove now.

G Diesel
01-05-10, 4:56 pm
How are you liking Z? Im just getting into the groove now.

Been looking for some daylight to be healthy and training under normal condition so as to be able to really get a grasp on the effects of Z. Hopefully this will be my week. Haha.

Peace, G

G Diesel
01-08-10, 11:25 am
Two solid days of training in thus far this week and Z is in the mix. Recovery seems improved even on reduced sleep. Chest coming up today. We shall see what the weekend holds.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
01-08-10, 11:52 am
Two solid days of training in thus far this week and Z is in the mix. Recovery seems improved even on reduced sleep. Chest coming up today. We shall see what the weekend holds.

Peace, G

You are just takin' a single pack, right G? I know you are a Notorious Over-Doser...

G Diesel
01-08-10, 12:00 pm
You are just takin' a single pack, right G? I know you are a Notorious Over-Doser...

Haha. Yes sir. Just following the recommended dosage of one pack per day (for once).

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
01-08-10, 12:03 pm
Hey, G... How are ya feelin', the following morning...???

Universal Rep
01-08-10, 12:10 pm
Haha. Yes sir. Just following the recommended dosage of one pack per day (for once).

Peace, G

Wonder how long that'll last when the product is launched, haha.

Big Irish
01-10-10, 6:18 pm
Hey G, I'd like to run my supps by you and let me know if I'm outta whack on any. I'm taking Test and Pump pre-workout followed by Nitro and Uni-Liver post-workout, Pak and Omega around noon, finishing with Pak and Flex approx six in the evening. Any suggestions to the contrary are welcome.

G Diesel
01-11-10, 10:04 am
Hey G, I'd like to run my supps by you and let me know if I'm outta whack on any. I'm taking Test and Pump pre-workout followed by Nitro and Uni-Liver post-workout, Pak and Omega around noon, finishing with Pak and Flex approx six in the evening. Any suggestions to the contrary are welcome.

So I take it you're training in the AM bro? It all looks really solid, maybe just a matter of preference.

Were I you, I might do Test and Pump preworkout, Nitro post with some whey and simple carbs, Pak and Omega with my first whole food meal, a couple Uni-Liver with each meal and then do Flex and a second Omega pack in the evening if you can swing it. Unless your diet is super strict or you're doing crazy training like double sessions or hours of cardio per day, one pack of Pak should be just fine.

Those are just some minor tweaks based on my personal tastes, otherwise you look like you're doing just fine with your own strategy.

Peace, G

G Diesel
01-11-10, 1:42 pm
Hey, G... How are ya feelin', the following morning...???

Sharp and well rested. Also less sore... Nothing wrong with that.

Wonder how long that'll last when the product is launched, haha.

I get what you're insinuating and I see that my rep precedes me. Haha. That said, this formula is probably more than enough to do the job with one pack.

Peace, G

NoPain/NoGain
01-11-10, 6:59 pm
'Z' sounds awesome, when do you think it will be released? want to get my hands on a pack :D

Big Irish
01-11-10, 10:05 pm
So I take it you're training in the AM bro? It all looks really solid, maybe just a matter of preference.

Were I you, I might do Test and Pump preworkout, Nitro post with some whey and simple carbs, Pak and Omega with my first whole food meal, a couple Uni-Liver with each meal and then do Flex and a second Omega pack in the evening if you can swing it. Unless your diet is super strict or you're doing crazy training like double sessions or hours of cardio per day, one pack of Pak should be just fine.

Those are just some minor tweaks based on my personal tastes, otherwise you look like you're doing just fine with your own strategy.

Peace, G

I am working out in the AM, around 5am. I like your mix and I'll give it a whirl. I'm new to the supplement regiment and was testing the waters with my mix. I also was wondering if I might have been over doing it with the second Pak. I appreciate all the help I can get from my fellow Animals and if all goes well I look forward to meeting you guys in the Cage come March. Live well my Bro.

mritter3
01-12-10, 9:35 am
glad your liking the Z G!

G Diesel
01-12-10, 10:03 am
'Z' sounds awesome, when do you think it will be released? want to get my hands on a pack :D

From what I hear, if all goes well, it should be pretty soon... Like early Spring.

I am working out in the AM, around 5am. I like your mix and I'll give it a whirl. I'm new to the supplement regiment and was testing the waters with my mix. I also was wondering if I might have been over doing it with the second Pak. I appreciate all the help I can get from my fellow Animals and if all goes well I look forward to meeting you guys in the Cage come March. Live well my Bro.

You live well also my brother... Glad I could help. Let me know how it all goes.

glad your liking the Z G!

No doubt bro... So far so good.

Peace, G

machineman
01-12-10, 10:16 am
glad to see you are digging Z as well.....I can attest to the fact that this works well on reduced sleep! something I really need to work on.....but definitely less sore the morning after and almost no soreness 2 days pwo.....keep up the good work, G.....

G Diesel
01-15-10, 10:18 am
Wow. The past two nights after training sessions on Z have been remarkable. My rest and recovery have been greatly improved. The difference is undeniable.

Now that I've been training healthy and my diet and routine are back on point (something I struggled w/ being sick for like 3 wks over the holidays) I'm fully able to bear witness to the power of Z.

Peace, G

mritter3
01-15-10, 10:24 am
Wow. The past two nights after training sessions on Z have been remarkable. My rest and recovery have been greatly improved. The difference is undeniable.

Now that I've been training healthy and my diet and routine are back on point (something I struggled w/ being sick for like 3 wks over the holidays) I'm fully able to bear witness to the power of Z.

Peace, G

good stuff G, i myself is a firm believer in the powers of Z...no denying the rest, lack of soreness, and my increased hunger, but i have been fighting a nasty infection on my leg for about a week, and Z seems to be increasing how fast its healing, the docs are surprised by the progress, but im not.

Angst
01-19-10, 6:41 pm
What's up G, how does Project Z compare to other night time recovery products you have used in the past?

G Diesel
01-21-10, 10:20 am
good stuff G, i myself is a firm believer in the powers of Z...no denying the rest, lack of soreness, and my increased hunger, but i have been fighting a nasty infection on my leg for about a week, and Z seems to be increasing how fast its healing, the docs are surprised by the progress, but im not.

Word. Great stuff man. Now that I've used it consistently for a couple of weeks, the difference is undeniable.

What's up G, how does Project Z compare to other night time recovery products you have used in the past?

Never used a product for specifically that purpose before, but instead made home blends of various supps. I have to say from the perspective of being complete and convenient, Z is unparalleled.

Peace, G

Lightnin'
01-21-10, 11:56 am
I'm looking for the product online and can't find it. What is the name exactly?

G Diesel
01-22-10, 11:08 am
I'm looking for the product online and can't find it. What is the name exactly?

Not available yet bro... We're all here testing it before it hits the market. Membership here does have its privileges.

Should be out sometime soon, but the name of the product is still classified--we all just call it Project Z.

Peace, G

G Diesel
01-22-10, 11:11 am
When I use Z on training nights I am absolutely feeling it--even though I often get only about 6 hrs. The results are noticeable and profound. The past two nights especially.

Impressive shit... But from looking at the profile, I'm not surprised.

Peace, G

E-Train
01-22-10, 11:39 am
When I use Z on training nights I am absolutely feeling it--even though I often get only about 6 hrs. The results are noticeable and profound. The past two nights especially.

Peace, G

You could say that again, Z's makeup is just the best of the best in blends from a trusted company.

mritter3
01-22-10, 11:48 am
in total agreement G...that profile of Z is amazing...good stuff from a solid ass company.

G Diesel
01-22-10, 11:53 am
You could say that again, Z's makeup is just the best of the best in blends from a trusted company.

No question... Kind of like Pak, Flex, Omega--unrivaled in the category in terms of quality and completeness.

in total agreement G...that profile of Z is amazing...good stuff from a solid ass company.

Exactly the kind of product so many of us needed.

Peace, G

mritter3
01-22-10, 1:37 pm
Exactly the kind of product so many of us needed.

Peace, G[/QUOTE]

agreed!

Lightnin'
01-22-10, 1:47 pm

Peace, G

What are you noticing? Better rest, better recovery?

G Diesel
01-25-10, 11:45 am
What are you noticing? Better rest, better recovery?

Both no doubt and then some... I still have about 10 packs left, so I'm looking forward to finishing it off strong in the next couple of weeks.

Peace, G

G Diesel
01-29-10, 5:29 pm
Training is on point and the Z is coming in handy. Recovery is improved and we're firing on all cylinders. Definitely a welcome new part of the nightly regimen.

Peace, G

Mr. Dead
01-29-10, 5:45 pm
Training is on point and the Z is coming in handy. Recovery is improved and we're firing on all cylinders. Definitely a welcome new part of the nightly regimen.

Peace, G

Sounds like a staple to me...

Big Irish
01-30-10, 7:10 pm
It'll be nice when it's finally available to rest of the gang because this "Old Geezer" is in dire need of some recovery help lately. These cold ass days/nights and early morning workouts have got my muscles and joints aching.

G Diesel
01-30-10, 8:36 pm
Sounds like a staple to me...

You said it, deadman.

It'll be nice when it's finally available to rest of the gang because this "Old Geezer" is in dire need of some recovery help lately. These cold ass days/nights and early morning workouts have got my muscles and joints aching.

It is all about mileage, my brother... I'm gaining on ya. Haha.

We need every edge we can get.

Peace, G

TheGreatWhite
01-31-10, 1:11 am

Peace, G

I'm testing it out too, definately feel this, G! Soreness is down a LOT, may last a day and that's about it....definately a staple in mine as soon as it's released! Glad to see you're enjoying it as well

G Diesel
02-01-10, 12:41 pm
I'm testing it out too, definately feel this, G! Soreness is down a LOT, may last a day and that's about it....definately a staple in mine as soon as it's released! Glad to see you're enjoying it as well

Yep no doubt bro. I think the strategic employment of Z might be the route I go, using it specifically when my recovery is compromised by factors like insufficient sleep, too many back to back training days, double sessions, etc. This is a killer secret weapon for periods when your training is on full blast and you just can't recover as quickly as you'd like--which for many of us is too fucking often. Haha.

Peace, G

squattingtillipuke
02-01-10, 4:19 pm
G, one of the biggest things I've noticed is that I am famished first thing in the morning more than I can ever remember. I feel like I could put away a couple dozen eggs and not blink an eye. Have you noticed anything like this? My recovery has been really impressive since I have been testing this and definately feel like you said above that this is going to be a staple for years to come!!!

Mick

Beowulf
02-01-10, 4:31 pm
G, one of the biggest things I've noticed is that I am famished first thing in the morning more than I can ever remember. I feel like I could put away a couple dozen eggs and not blink an eye. Have you noticed anything like this? My recovery has been really impressive since I have been testing this and definately feel like you said above that this is going to be a staple for years to come!!!

Mick

Increase appetite? If true, I'm so all over Project Z!

G Diesel
02-01-10, 4:45 pm

Mick

That is really interesting bro. Ya know, I hadn't paid attention but I will from here forward as I still have a few packs left and will let you know. That would be another added benefit, especially for the hardgainers among us.

Peace, G

Universal Rep
02-01-10, 4:46 pm

Mick

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29575

Someone else said the same exact thing...

G Diesel
02-04-10, 10:26 am
Rationing out my last few packs of Z, using them only on training nights. Even on short sleep, I come back the next day feeling well rested and ready to rock. The results have lived up to the hype... The concept and ingredient profile are done justice by how effectively the product works.

Peace, G

G Diesel
02-05-10, 9:43 am
Wheels last night and only 5 hours of sleep and I'm still ready to go for chest this afternoon.

An interesting aspect to Z is that I think it improves the efficiency of your rest and recovery time. Even on short sleep the quality of my rest seems better.

Peace, G

BubbyLight
02-11-10, 8:11 am
z looks pretty amazing. putting that work in and a day later, not even phased.
Good work G

G Diesel
02-11-10, 9:30 am
z looks pretty amazing. putting that work in and a day later, not even phased.
Good work G

Yeah that is one of the best aspects of Z. Recovery turnaround and reduced fatigue. Things all of us can benefit from greatly.

Peace, G