PDA

View Full Version : J-Dawg's "Project Z" Log

J-Dawg
12-16-09, 10:16 am
In this log, I'll be posting my thoughts about Project Z. As of yesterday, I have all of the alpha testing cans sitting here at my desk waiting for their rightful owners. We have a number of cans set aside for members of the FORVM that will partake in the Project Z Alpha Testing Program, as well as a set number for the Animal crew.

Knowing the ingredient profile of Project Z, I can say that this is something that I've been wanting to use for a number of years now and I'm glad that the time has come for it to be put to the test. All I can say is--very comprehensive profile.

12/15/09: The first dose of Project Z goes down the hatch. In typical Animal fashion, the pack consists of a number of various sized tablets and capsules, each packed with specific targeted ingredients. So far, so good. Can't say much at the moment as this is just getting underway but I'm looking forward to doing a full trial run of Project Z.

Here's my workout taken from my training log: http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=19039&page=106

Pre-workout: Shock Therapy (1scoop).
Intra-Workout: Intra-Aid (1scoop)

Back Workout:
Pulldowns (wide grip)
5 sets x 8-12

Barbell Rows
2 warmups
6 sets of 205 x 10-12

Pull Ups (close grip)
4 sets x 10

Post-workout:
Carb Max (1scoop) + 1 pack of Animal Nitro

I will not change up any other supplements that I use while on the program so that I can keep my variables consistent as to what I was using prior.
Other supplements used:
Multi-V: 2 tabs per day.
Creatine: 3g/day.
Ultra Whey Pro Mocha Cappuccino: 2 scoops per day.
Beta Ala9: 6 caps/day.
NSC: 6 tabs/day.

Universal Rep
12-16-09, 10:16 am
First.

Birdman
12-16-09, 10:20 am
im in for this bro

Mr. Dead
12-16-09, 11:02 am
In, before NG starts tossin' in zingers!!!

Kon_Rock
12-16-09, 1:07 pm
Lets go gettem here J, stuff sounds great!

Big C
12-16-09, 1:08 pm
Will be following along J. Good luck.

In your other log, I read you did not take this immediately after your workout? I thought u said hours after. Just curious.

12-16-09, 1:19 pm
Interesting. I think I have an idea about Project Z is.

dannynb
12-16-09, 8:41 pm
Tuned for sure

widdlewade44
12-16-09, 8:45 pm
Looking forward to seeing how Z works out for you J-Dawg, good luck brother.

Kevin
widdlewade44

naturalguy
12-17-09, 8:30 am
It won't be easy but I will try to make sure you train hard while testing this

ghost
12-17-09, 8:35 am
subbed!

mritter3
12-17-09, 8:54 am
subbed for this one J...hopefully one of those cans has me as a rightful owner....are you taking project c right pwo, or later after your sessions?

J-Dawg
12-17-09, 9:23 am
First.

im in for this bro

In, before NG starts tossin' in zingers!!!

Lets go gettem here J, stuff sounds great!

Will be following along J. Good luck.

In your other log, I read you did not take this immediately after your workout? I thought u said hours after. Just curious.

Interesting. I think I have an idea about Project Z is.

Tuned for sure

Looking forward to seeing how Z works out for you J-Dawg, good luck brother.

Kevin
widdlewade44

It won't be easy but I will try to make sure you train hard while testing this

subbed!

subbed for this one J...hopefully one of those cans has me as a rightful owner....are you taking project c right pwo, or later after your sessions?

Thanks for staying tuned fellas.

To answer some comments questions above--
Mr. Dead: be prepared for zingers left and right, lol.
NG: hard training is the name of the game.
Big C/mritter: I'm taking this later after the sessions.

J-Dawg
12-17-09, 9:41 am
12/16/09: Day 2 in the books. Didn't train today as I had made it my off day due to previous obligations. Feeling good though. Prior to undertaking Project Z, sessions have been solid and food intake is on spot. Always gotta make sure the fridge/freezer is stocked with the right food choices for your goals. That's half the battle. Overall, I can report that I today I feel more refreshed after some previously intense training sessions.

J-Dawg
12-17-09, 8:46 pm
Just took my 3rd pack. Will be back later tomorrow to post up. Got some work to do.

J-Dawg
12-18-09, 9:19 am
12/17/09: Woke up feeling extremely refreshed today after getting a solid night of sleep. One thing I noticed with Project Z is that I am getting some nice tingles within 15-30 mins after taking it. Feels kinda weird but good at the same time.

Kon_Rock
12-18-09, 12:33 pm
Helping sleep soundly and waking up ready to go, sounds awesome. Thats what I love about ZMA.

mritter3
12-18-09, 12:36 pm
sounds like your liking it thus far Jdawg

J-Dawg
12-21-09, 9:22 am
12/21/09: A weekend of lots of snow here meant lot's of shoveling, lol. We got about 2ft of snow here in south Jersey so I spend a good 8-10 hours of shoveling. I wanted to hit the gym but after that amount of shoveling, my body and muscles were spent. Took Project Z and noticed some decent recovery upon waking up today. Gonna hit the gym and make up for lost time on the weekend this week.

Mr. Dead
12-21-09, 2:50 pm
So... How do you think someone that was in Contest Prep, would do on this...???

J-Dawg
12-22-09, 9:44 am
So... How do you think someone that was in Contest Prep, would do on this...???

Interesting question Mr. D. I don't see any issues with someone on contest prep using this. Can't get into more details yet though.

J-Dawg
12-23-09, 9:46 am
12/23/09: Had a couple of solid training sessions this week--shoulders and arms. Moving legs to either today or tomorrow b/c the many hours of shoveling took a toll on my lower back and legs (I shovel by squatting down to pick up the snow--allows you to lift more snow which in turn, helps to clear things up quicker) so it was like having a leg and lower back workout, lol. Looking forward to hitting 'em hard again though. I feel with Project Z, I'm recovering quicker from my recent workouts and sleeping very soundly at night. I'm a frequent waker upper at night and lately, I wake up only once per night or not all.

J-Dawg
12-26-09, 2:09 pm
12/26/09: Took a few days off from lifting b/c of the holidays. Had some nice r&r and hit it hard today w/ legs. Had great energy during the workout and feel like I've recovered well by taking a few days off and also with Z in my arsenal. Looking forward to a new week of strong workouts.

mritter3
12-27-09, 10:21 am
looking good in here J, i think most of us took a few extra days off due to the holidays, come monday back at the grind....hope you enjoyed the r&r.

intoodeep25
12-27-09, 1:14 pm
so J, say my usual nighttime ritual is 1 scoop milk and egg protein and 1 scoop RG right before bed...where would z fit in? as in when would i take the product...assuming that is that this is a pre-bed product

intoodeep25
12-28-09, 3:20 pm
oh and when is this expected to be available for purchase?

J-Dawg
12-29-09, 12:14 pm
so J, say my usual nighttime ritual is 1 scoop milk and egg protein and 1 scoop RG right before bed...where would z fit in? as in when would i take the product...assuming that is that this is a pre-bed product

Don't assume anything yet, lol. I'll keep ya posted as we get closer to revealing exactly what Project Z is.

oh and when is this expected to be available for purchase?

Stay tuned...

J-Dawg
12-29-09, 12:16 pm
12/29/09: With a few solid workouts under my belt this week, I'm feeling well-rested and recovered. I've been able to take off a few extra days in between workouts which helps as well. Going to start up a 5/3/1 program so that I can concentrate on increasing some core lifts--bench press, squats, deads, shoulder press. Let's see how it goes while on Z. Stay tuned.

J-Dawg
01-04-10, 9:09 am
1/4/10: Had some extremely solid workouts over the break. I was able to get some good rest, took some targeted time off in between workouts and ate some solid bulk meals. One thing that I've done over the past month or so is to drink a carb drink throughout the day to help add extra calories into my diet. I sip on an extra 80-100g of carbs (from CARB Max) throughout the day and I notice by having the extra carbs in my system, I'm much stronger for my workouts. In terms of Project Z, I'm happy with the results so far. Seems to be on par with what its focus is.

J-Dawg
01-09-10, 1:37 pm
1/9/10: I've been noticing better and better recovery times between workouts (which is a combo of taking more time off in between the hardest workouts (legs & back) and eating quality foods. The dose of Project Z seems to be helping me rest better and wake up more refreshed. Very pleased so far.

Mr. Dead
01-09-10, 1:43 pm
Great stuff in here, J!!! Any idea of how much solid weight gain you've made, since the addition of Z and the carb drink...???

Reacher34
01-09-10, 3:47 pm
I like the addition of the carb drink. Have you thought about adding a BCAA or EAA kicker to it. Nothing like a steady stream of aminos and carbs all day long.

Z is just now starting to kick in for me... I was beginning to feel left out, haha. Time to turn my intensity to an 11!

J-Dawg
01-11-10, 1:14 pm
Great stuff in here, J!!! Any idea of how much solid weight gain you've made, since the addition of Z and the carb drink...???

I would estimate about 2-3lb but I notice much more muscle fullness and better recovery since I've been running the two.

I like the addition of the carb drink. Have you thought about adding a BCAA or EAA kicker to it. Nothing like a steady stream of aminos and carbs all day long.

Z is just now starting to kick in for me... I was beginning to feel left out, haha. Time to turn my intensity to an 11!

I actually add a pack of Nitro along with 2 of drinks. I like to open up the caps and empty 'em into the mix. Can't beat having a steady stream of amino acids in your system.

Nice. I'm glad to hear that the the Z is kicking in for you. Didn't want you to be left out of the fun, lol.

C.Coronato
01-11-10, 3:32 pm
1/4/10: Had some extremely solid workouts over the break. I was able to get some good rest, took some targeted time off in between workouts and ate some solid bulk meals. One thing that I've done over the past month or so is to drink a carb drink throughout the day to help add extra calories into my diet. I sip on an extra 80-100g of carbs (from CARB Max) throughout the day and I notice by having the extra carbs in my system, I'm much stronger for my workouts. In terms of Project Z, I'm happy with the results so far. Seems to be on par with what its focus is.

Agreed. Im sippin EAA Nitro and Storm through out the day, and i feel great!

J-Dawg
01-18-10, 9:20 pm
1/18/10: Been having solid workout after solid workout. The key has been eating and training consistently. I definitely feel Project Z in full force now. I'm feeling much more refreshed after hard training sessions and much stronger during the sessions. I've also been sleeping earlier and waking up earlier which helps me kick off my day the right way. The biggest plus I've notice is less muscle soreness and for some reason my appetite is through the roof. I love it b/c I'm able to pack in more calories which is helping fuel my workouts and my muscles. Just about through my can and can't wait to get my hands on more.

mritter3
01-18-10, 9:38 pm
im in the same boat J, appetite is thru the roof, sleep is much better, and soreness is cut in half, if not more...im loving this stuff.

J-Dawg
01-22-10, 10:05 am
im in the same boat J, appetite is thru the roof, sleep is much better, and soreness is cut in half, if not more...im loving this stuff.

I'm loving the increase in appetite. I'm eating my meals and packing in the extra calories so my strength is through the roof.

J-Dawg
01-27-10, 5:12 pm
Just hit a PR today in deads--500lb. Been wanting to do it for years but had only gotten 455lb in the past. Could Project Z have provided the edge?

Mr. Dead
01-27-10, 5:17 pm
Just hit a PR today in deads--500lb. Been wanting to do it for years but had only gotten 455lb in the past. Could Project Z have provided the edge?

Nice!!! It was either the Z or the fact that the Cage is looming on the horizon... (My money's on Z, though...)

J-Dawg
01-27-10, 5:28 pm
Nice!!! It was either the Z or the fact that the Cage is looming on the horizon... (My money's on Z, though...)

Maybe the plan was to get Project Z into the system so that I'd be at my best for the Arnold, haha.

Mr. Dead
01-27-10, 6:07 pm
Maybe the plan was to get Project Z into the system so that I'd be at my best for the Arnold, haha.

Excellent point...

J-Dawg
01-27-10, 8:36 pm
Excellent point...

At this point, I think I'm going to have to tell production to cook me up a few more cans before the Arnold. Hmmmm.

Big C
01-27-10, 8:38 pm
Hahaha yeah man if it is dat dere Project Z helped out like u said....then I'm gonna be gettin me some asap when it ships to retailers. Never hurts to get better sleep either which would be great for me.