PDA

View Full Version : Declare Your War - Daily Motivation

StayGold
12-18-09, 8:07 am
This is going to be a daily log of things that inspire and motivate me everyday. Take it for what its worth. I hope that this inspires and motivates other.Some will come from negtative things and some will come from positive. Come back daily and check it out.

My motivation, today, comes from a co-worker. As I got into work early this morning, a guy that I work with meets me at my desk. He said I looked too awake for this hour in the morning. Naturally I told him that its because I make sure I get a full nights sleep to support my addiction to the iron. He's fully aware that I am devoting every second of everyday to this lifestyle.

Now he starts giving me a hard time. Almost talking down to me, asking me why I do things the way I do. Then he claims that he was a beast in high school and never dieted, trained, or rested the way I do now. He then throws numbers at me of weights that he "used to lift." Shortly after I let him continue rambling, he leaves.

Whether or not what he said was true, it doesn't affect me. He's overweight, tired, and miserable now. I didn't feel the need to explain to him why I live the way I live. I knew no matter how much I tried, it would never sink in and make sense to him.

So this is where I derive my motivation from today. I take pride in the way I live. I know he could NEVER do what I do on a daily basis. Knowing the latter is enough for me not to explain myself. And now I just want to push harder and more weight just to ensure that the likes of this man will never ascend to the summits that I'm conquering. Make your day count for something.

Staygold everyone...

mritter3
12-18-09, 8:10 am
i like it...we all need a little extra motivation from time to time to keep us fired up.

StayGold
12-19-09, 1:27 pm
Today, I've been inspired. My good friend Rob and his wife, Shawna, just gave birth to their first son, Roman. I spent most of my evening last light hanging out with them and got to meet the little guy. I can tell you that it was an eye-opening experience for me.

I felt an attachment to this kid because I've been there with them through the whole pregnancy and help when and where I could. He's such a cool little dude. He is so small and innocent with all the potential in the world. I couldn't possibly be happier for my friends. They deserve it after what they've been through.

The inspiration that I've derived from this is how precious life is. We are all born with the potential to accomplish anything. It is up to each one of us to shape our destiny. Nothing is impossible. It's a testament to what we are all doing with our lives. Living, without question, on the path of most resistance, as it seems. I wouldn't trade this for anything.

This is the mentality that I take with me to the gym today. I hope, if you're reading this, you can take something from it. YOU have the ability to break through any barrier, any challenge, and anyone who stands in your way. Accomplish everything you set out for. Live for something.

Stay Gold everone....

StayGold
12-20-09, 10:42 am
Today, my motivation is simple. Its what I've named this section after. The song "Declare Your War" by Throwdown. Trust me when I say its worth your time to checkout. If this song doesn't get you amped up, I don't know what will. This is my attitude in life. Take from this what you will and enjoy. I'm off to do legs!

Stay Gold everyone....

haka1
12-20-09, 6:36 pm
Everyday I felt like I was being beaten by the chain of consequenses (sp) untill i recently discovered I was that guy who thought aout how great of shape I USED TO BE IN, how strong I USED TO BE, how happy I USED TO BE, how dedicated I USED TO BE. the sudden realization of I was "that guy" was beating me even more. Worried all the time about bills, traveling, spending time away from my new wife... No More... I'm embarking on the journey, my journey, my road to redemption... Hold on cause it's gonna be a all out speed ride balls out dedicated to ME!!!

StayGold
12-21-09, 12:38 pm
Today, when I woke up, I took a good look in the mirror to check out the progress that I've made. I noticed that some areas are beginning to fill out. Area's that I've really been trying to get to grow. With persistence and dedication, its beginning to pay off.

I owe much of the knowledge gained to this very site. That very knowledge has led to my breakthroughs and changes. I guess this is my way of trying to give back to all you guys.
I couldn't be more happy with my progress and the life I'm leading. Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge!!

My inspiration today was simply looking in the mirror. It told me exactly what I needed to know. I'm even hungrier now to reach my bodybuilding goals. I've seen what persistence and hard work leads to and am willing to keep going.

So take 3 minutes out of your day, look at yourself in the mirror and check out what you bust your ass for everyday. Really appreciate what you've accomplished for yourself. Then use that amazing feeling to make yourself push on. Our path is anything but the one of least resistance. Make sure your remember what you've earned and what you're working for.

Stay Gold everyone....

StayGold
12-22-09, 11:27 am
My motivation on this day comes in the form of a reminder....

I was told last night to make sure to do whatever it takes to make myself happy; fuck everyone else. For too long I have been trying very hard to make sure everyone in my life is happy, even sometimes at the expense of my own happiness. Never again....

I will continue doing what I do day in and day out. I will welcome people in my life who understand and accept what it is that I do. I don't have the time or the patience for anything else. What I'm doing is far too important and painstaking to let anyone or anything come in the way of it. More or less, I'm taking the "Animal" attitude toward outsider's looking in.

I must say I feel better seeing this now. Thankfully hind-sight is 20/20. I'll push even harder towards my goals because I've realized this.

Always be the Predator. Do what you need to in order to survive. Triumph over the challenges thrown at you and come out on top. Anyone who cannot do the latter is simply prey....

Stay Gold everyone....

StayGold
12-23-09, 9:08 pm
I decided to start my journey back up. I am very excited because I'll be able to stick with posting up my workouts and other information. This is what pushed me today. I hope you guys can check it out and give any advice or criticism! I would love to make this post more inspirational, but I need to rest up after tearing my back up today! More tomorrow....

Stay Gold everyone....

StayGold
06-10-10, 3:05 pm
As I've been rotting my thoughts, feelings and efforts deeper into this game, I've noticed something quite astounding...

Everyday we are surrounded with forces that are fighting against us. Some are directed at us, some are inadvertent. They are piled on top of the endless mountain of planning and responsibilities we have to tend to each day.

There was a time, not too long ago, when those stresses and forces would frustrate me and stress me out completely. The tides of change have washed that away.

Anytime another stick is thrown in the spoke of my journey, I smile. I smile because I have this amazing sport. No one can take my acheivements away from me. No one can tell me it's wrong, and have any validity that carries along with it. This is mine. I will always have this. So I smile. This feeling get's me through anything that is thrown at me on a day to day.

Stay Gold, brothers