PDA

View Full Version : hemorrhoids...

intoodeep25
12-18-09, 12:12 pm
im almost positive ive got one, i plan on seein the doc within a week to get it checked. it aint protruding or anything but i have a few symptoms. i know alot of you have had to have dealt with these. anybody have any tips/experiences with em? what can i expect to the doc to do to treat it? just curious, any experiences appreciated

mritter3
12-18-09, 12:17 pm
depending on how big it is or how much its bothering you he/she may just give you a cream to put on it 2x per day to shrink it up...but thats just one option.

intoodeep25
12-18-09, 12:19 pm
there is no pain per say, just some itching and what not. i also have a feeling its of the internal variety as i cant really feel it, there is nothing external to touch

IronWilson
12-18-09, 4:43 pm
Are you sure it isn't just an anal fissure? They are easily confused with hemorrhoids.

Are you using wet wipes to wipe your ass? I know that was a problem I had and as soon as I stopped it went away.

TylerC
12-18-09, 6:20 pm
are you sure you're not dehydrated?

If eating a lot of meat (like im sure most of us do here), you'll pee out a lot of nitrogen. So you need to up your fluid intake. If you're dehydrated then there will be rough stools and blood in the stools. This can be easily confused with hemmoroids. That would be where I would look at first.

intoodeep25
12-18-09, 9:40 pm
i drink 1.5-2 gallons a day so i doubt its dehydration. nah i dont use wet wipes either. all i know is its itchy and kinda weird feeling. theres a little blood on my tp some times from it being scratched im sure. it leaks a little mucus too, so im almost possitive its a hemroid. goin to the doc to be sure soon. just wondering what other people do for theres, i hear its pretty common

FLEA
12-19-09, 6:30 pm
You can try Witch Hazel wipes or a bottle of it on the cheap. Just soak some TP and hold it on there for a while or squeeze between the old cheeks for a while. Helped for me. Mine was the protruding kind though. Didn't really hurt, but could tell the damn thing was hanging out to say hi. Just did this w/ some OTC creams and pretty much went away. I got this info from an old school RN, my Ma. Good luck!