PDA

View Full Version : a few training questions

Ambushstealth
12-21-09, 1:16 am
Hey, I know I posted a topic about training once before, so far I followed the advice and got a lot bigger which I thank you all for helping me. My only problem now is my bench press is terrible, most of my compound lifts went down, because my gym is kind of a 60 year old + fitness center with only 2 benches; 1 smith machine; no squat rack; free weights; 10 machines; 1 leg press machine. I have to squat with the smith machine and deadlift/bent over row when no one is using the only free bar.
I am now 17 years old, 132 lbs(no shoes on) I am finally on a meal plan and gaining weight. I want to just hit a maximum of 135-140 now ( not worried about gaining more than that just yet)
my current routine is
Monday - legs/biceps (abs depending on time)
Tuesday - chest/triceps
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - back/shoulders
Friday - Legs/abs
I want to gain a little more muscle mass and strength on my legs, calves and chest. I also need to get my shoulders stronger for the bench. My back is fine, so are my arms, but the other body parts are lagging pretty bad.
my meal plan is
breakfast - big bowl of cereal
lunch - 1 (3 slices of bologna with 2 packets of cheese)sandwich on Italian bread, Kelloggs meal plan bar and a tall glass of milk
workout time
dinner - post workout shake after I get home from gym, after that usually chicken and try to get in some cranberries, yams, or rice with some greens and then another tall glass of milk. after a while I will try to pick at some more chicken or whatever is in the fridge, finally later I will grab some ice cream, or some type of desert.

Well thanks ahead of time for reading this!, I will post the routines I do if needed tomorrow ( I pyramid weight 10-7-5-3) and I just want to make sure I am not using this routine for no reason... so why not ask the best!! : D

BionicMasterPiece
12-21-09, 1:23 am
Hey, I know I posted a topic about training once before, so far I followed the advice and got a lot bigger which I thank you all for helping me. My only problem now is my bench press is terrible, most of my compound lifts went down, because my gym is kind of a 60 year old + fitness center with only 2 benches; 1 smith machine; no squat rack; free weights; 10 machines; 1 leg press machine. I have to squat with the smith machine and deadlift/bent over row when no one is using the only free bar.
I am now 17 years old, 132 lbs(no shoes on) I am finally on a meal plan and gaining weight. I want to just hit a maximum of 135-140 now ( not worried about gaining more than that just yet)
my current routine is
Monday - legs/biceps (abs depending on time)
Tuesday - chest/triceps
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - back/shoulders
Friday - Legs/abs
I want to gain a little more muscle mass and strength on my legs, calves and chest. I also need to get my shoulders stronger for the bench. My back is fine, so are my arms, but the other body parts are lagging pretty bad.
my meal plan is
breakfast - big bowl of cereal
lunch - 1 (3 slices of bologna with 2 packets of cheese)sandwich on Italian bread, Kelloggs meal plan bar and a tall glass of milk
workout time
dinner - post workout shake after I get home from gym, after that usually chicken and try to get in some cranberries, yams, or rice with some greens and then another tall glass of milk. after a while I will try to pick at some more chicken or whatever is in the fridge, finally later I will grab some ice cream, or some type of desert.

Well thanks ahead of time for reading this!, I will post the routines I do if needed tomorrow ( I pyramid weight 10-7-5-3) and I just want to make sure I am not using this routine for no reason... so why not ask the best!! : D

oh boyy!

Little Z
12-21-09, 1:31 am

Where's your training questions..

oh boyy!

There's no point to clutter this forvm up even more with a pointless reply bro, gotta try and help out by not adding to the mess..

Pizzalamp
12-21-09, 7:44 am
i think you need to try and get in more calories...that diet is pretty low in pretty much all macronutrients...doesnt even look like its over 1000 calories.
each meal try and get in lean proteins, complex carbs, and some healthy fats...along with plenty of veggies and some fruits

me personally, i would just train everything once a week...and really make sure i give it my all...train very intense w/ perfect form...focus on getting stronger with each workout

instead of worrying about the benchpress, i would make sure to get stronger in all lifts.

Ambushstealth
12-21-09, 8:09 am
chest
flat bb bench press
incline bb bench press
chest press machine
flys

shoulders & traps
military press
lateral raises
bent over raises
upright row
bb shrugs
db shrugs (feels good after doing heavy bb shrugs)

triceps
rope push downs
decline close grip bench
decline skullcrushers
reverse grip pulldowns (if I still have enough energy)

legs
leg extensions
smith machine squats
stiff leg deadlifts
leg curls
seated calve raises
get the stepper, put it under the smith machine and do standing calve raises with weight on

biceps
bb curls
db curls
preacher machine curls

back
wide grip pullups
bent over row
wide grip pulldowns
close grip pulldowns
row machine

Fury317
12-21-09, 10:04 am
Are you just asking for critiques? If so, I would suggest reading a lot in diet section here. Your diet is shit. Diet is more important than training. Read up and soak in the knowledge.

mritter3
12-21-09, 10:08 am
first thing you need to do is get that diet...if thats what you call it....in check, you are never gonna get stronger and add weight to your lifts unless you eat more bro...check out the diet section, look around and study, and if you still have questions post it up.

msktyshha
12-21-09, 12:14 pm
dude get atleast 30gs of protein each meal, 30gs of carbs each meal, and get atleast 8gs of healthy fats each meal. start out with these macronutrients, thats your base. as for training try this basic routine, since your chest is a problem train it on monday.

Monday- chest and tris
tues-rest
wed-back and bis
thurs-legs
fri-rest
sat-shoulders and traps
sun-rest
repeat

chest
flat bb bench press
incline bb bench press
flys

triceps
close grip bench
dumbell extensions
triceps pushdowns

back
wide grip pullups
bent over row
good old deadlifts

biceps
bb curls
preacher machine curls

legs
squats
leg presses
leg curls
seated calve raises

shoulders & traps
military press
lateral raises
bent over raises
upright row
bb shrugs
db shrugs (feels good after doing heavy bb shrugs) (keep these if you feel good doing them)

Try this basic workout get a good postworkout enough sleep and diet straight.......GOOD LUCK

Ambushstealth
12-21-09, 1:08 pm
dude get atleast 30gs of protein each meal, 30gs of carbs each meal, and get atleast 8gs of healthy fats each meal. start out with these macronutrients, thats your base. as for training try this basic routine, since your chest is a problem train it on monday.

Monday- chest and tris
tues-rest
wed-back and bis
thurs-legs
fri-rest
sat-shoulders and traps
sun-rest
repeat

chest
flat bb bench press
incline bb bench press
flys

triceps
close grip bench
dumbell extensions
triceps pushdowns

back
wide grip pullups
bent over row
good old deadlifts

biceps
bb curls
preacher machine curls

legs
squats
leg presses
leg curls
seated calve raises

shoulders & traps
military press
lateral raises
bent over raises
upright row
bb shrugs
db shrugs (feels good after doing heavy bb shrugs) (keep these if you feel good doing them)

Try this basic workout get a good postworkout enough sleep and diet straight.......GOOD LUCK

Will do, thanks a lot for all the posts guys! Yeah the meal plan was just a thought out plan, I haven't actually been doing this lol, I guess I never will, but I will continue eating healthy. I am pretty good on where I want to be but my bench dropped from 185 to 155 and I don't know my squat/military press/power clean maxs anymore... I haven't done most max lifts since football has ended. It doesn't help that my gym is a PoS. I guess in a few months its time to go somewhere else. I've been really busting my ass to get back to where I want to be and I need as much help as I can get because doing this alone hasn't helped me at all.

Also do you think it would be a good idea to throw in behind the neck press and some dips on chest day and possibly do chest Monday and Friday?? The problem with my chest is it feels great after I work it out, but then 4 days later it begins to shrink which makes me mad. The next chest workout is 3 days later. In football we used to do Chest Monday, dead lifts/power cleans/snatch dead lifts/Romanian dead lifts Tuesday, Wednesday was off, Thursday was squats lunges back workouts and Friday would be bench press 10-7-5-as many reps as possible 80% of max lift and after that 70% of max lift/close grip bench/mostly all triceps/shoulder and we only did flat barbell exercises. I was also using a different protein shake and I was stronger/bigger than now. It really sucks to lose almost everything I gained. It doesn't help also that I hear stupid songs from miley cirus when im trying to workout, that if the weights touch the floor everyone looks. The guy who works there always says don't hit the floor with the weights so I can barely do heavy deadlifts/ bent over rows/Tbar rows, i'm always forced to wait to bench, because there is always one asshole who puts on over 300 lbs and makes everyone wait for him to do it, but he doesn't even do it correctly.

ChadO
12-22-09, 8:47 pm
its not about what gym you work out at. a positive attitude = positive results. you can get big in any gym. Now for you bench to drop 30lbs i dont know what to say, i dont think i've ever had that problem even when i would take like a month break. It really sounds like you need to eat eat eat eat eat eat eat. But like i said before, use what you have, and go from there.