PDA

View Full Version : Sizin' it up....Project "Z"

TheGreatWhite
12-22-09, 2:53 pm
So I took a look this morning when I finished with my clients, and I was pleasantly surprised to see I had been chosen to test out Project "Z"! I'm very excited, can't wait to get my stuff! Plus I got my shirts and a beanie I had ordered on Friday. Today's a great day! Off to work for a few more clients then it's my time to tear the walls down...got shoulders today. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes when I get my can!

StateChamps10

mritter3
12-22-09, 3:16 pm
very cool man...look forward to following this thread and see how you like the new product.

J-Dawg
12-22-09, 5:15 pm
Looking forward to your feedback. Be sure to check your PMs.

TheGreatWhite
12-23-09, 12:04 am
Got the PM J! I sent you one back witha question, so just get to me when ya can!!

Little Z
12-23-09, 2:18 am
subbed brotha..

lookin forward to seein what you think of Project Z

TheGreatWhite
01-03-10, 3:49 am
Hopefully my can of Z gets in on Monday! When it does, here's what my supplement regimen will look like....

Animal Pak
Animal Nitro
Animal Stak
Torrent
Project Z

Looks like everyone's enjoying it so far, cant wait to get a hold of mine this week!

mritter3
01-03-10, 9:22 am
Hopefully my can of Z gets in on Monday! When it does, here's what my supplement regimen will look like....

Animal Pak
Animal Nitro
Animal Stak
Torrent
Project Z

Looks like everyone's enjoying it so far, cant wait to get a hold of mine this week!

enjoying mine for sure...your gonna love it man.

TheGreatWhite
01-03-10, 7:18 pm
great to hear! what do you like the most about it so far??

Little Z
01-03-10, 7:32 pm
great to hear! what do you like the most about it so far??

Everything.. lol

TheGreatWhite
01-04-10, 2:32 pm
haha sounds good....just got home from training and sure enough it was sitting on my front porch, so Z's finally here...can't wait to test it out! Question though....is it okay to take it with M-Stak??

TheGreatWhite
01-05-10, 12:40 am
Hit back today at the gym, here's how it went down:

Pull-Ups 4 x 10
Deadlifts 6 x 135, 225, 315, 365, 405 for 10 reps each
Bent Over Rows 4 x 10 @ 225
Hammer Strength High Row 3 x 12 @ 110
Low Row 4 x 12 @ 180, 200, 220, 230
Close Grip Pulldowns 3 x 12 @ 180

I'm usually pretty sore after back day, and I can feel it settling in at the moment. Let's see what Z can do! I'll be hitting chest tomorrow.....

TheGreatWhite
01-05-10, 2:55 pm
So, upon waking this morning, my back felt pretty good, not as sore as usual. My body feels alright, much better than it did last week! I'll be anxious to see how it works the next few days!

mritter3
01-05-10, 4:12 pm
glad to see your not as sore as normal....Z is having the same effect on me.

TheGreatWhite
01-05-10, 10:00 pm
yeah, it's really nice. today was great though...my chest days have been plateauing lately, so I decided to toss M-Stak in the mix along with Z, it was incredible today! a much needed boost

Reacher34
01-06-10, 9:35 am
yeah, it's really nice. today was great though...my chest days have been plateauing lately, so I decided to toss M-Stak in the mix along with Z, it was incredible today! a much needed boost

A nice combo. Sure to get some good things outta that dynamic duo.

MaddMike
01-06-10, 10:16 am
Sweet, I'm in. I'm glad it came!

Mike

TheGreatWhite
01-06-10, 3:41 pm
A nice combo. Sure to get some good things outta that dynamic duo.

Oh yes, most definately! Best chest day I have had in a LONG time, prolly about 3 weeks....hit arms today and drilled it! Chest went a little something like this...

Flat Barbell Bench 135 x 10, 185 x 10, 225 x 8, 245 x 4, 275 x 1
Incline Dumbbell Press 80, 90 x 10, 100 x 6
Incline Hammer Strength Press 225 x 8, 245 x 6, 280 x 3, Triple drop-set at the end for 8-12 reps each
Flat Dumbbell Flies 50, 60, 70 x 12

MaddMike,

How are you liking yours so far??

TheGreatWhite
01-07-10, 2:23 pm
Did arms yesterday, and once again I'm not as sore as normal, very good thing. I'm liking Z thus far, although I do have a bit of a rash on my neck, but other than that, I'm enjoying it!

MaddMike
01-07-10, 10:05 pm
I'm liking it a lot!

Mike

TheGreatWhite
01-08-10, 2:31 pm
Hit shoudlers pretty hard last night after I finished up with my last client at work, talk about a great workout! Woke up this AM, don't feel a thing on my delts! today's leg day, so we'll really put Z to the test!

Reacher34
01-08-10, 2:54 pm
Nice workouts. I'm encouraging myself and others to make an effort to train EVEN HARDER to really push the limits of Project Z. Don't settle, try to make yourself sore. Lets see what this bad boy can do!

TheGreatWhite
01-09-10, 12:06 am
haha I feel that Reacher! That's what I'm trying to do! I'm really enjoying the Z right now, and for me to not be sore is pretty rare, I'm usually walking around like I'm 90 hahaha

mritter3
01-09-10, 10:48 am
haha I feel that Reacher! That's what I'm trying to do! I'm really enjoying the Z right now, and for me to not be sore is pretty rare, I'm usually walking around like I'm 90 hahaha

thats great man...i do the same thing after a killer leg day..but on Z, its not too bad.

TheGreatWhite
01-09-10, 1:39 pm
mritter, glad you're enjoying it too! my legs don't feel as bad as they have in the past few weeks, which is a good thing. I can actually walk today....here's how legs went last night...

Quad Ext. 2 x 20
Barbell Squats 6 x 5
Leg Press 4 x 15
Stiff Leg Deads 4 x 12
Quad Ext's. 4 x 12
Hammy Curls 4 x 12
Weighted Hyperextensions 3 x 10

Definately liking the Z thus far!

Reacher34
01-09-10, 3:45 pm
I like that you do hyperextensions. A lot of people neglect that exercise... including me.

TheGreatWhite
01-09-10, 5:19 pm
Yeah, hyper extensions are a staple in ever leg workout I do....a lot of people that I know do them on back day, but to me that makes zero sense...I know you target the low back while doing deadlifts, but it's utilized more in leg training I think..also a great way to hit the entire posterior chain (low back, glutes, hams) all in one motion

TheGreatWhite
01-11-10, 1:26 am
The first week's gone pretty well...been getting some good sleep and my workouts have picked up a little bit...5 pounds here, 10 pounds there, so little improvements are popping up! let's hope this next week yields the same results...

TheGreatWhite
01-12-10, 11:29 pm
Monday and today's workouts were insane yet again...I'm feeling next to nothing in my back from Monday...we'll see how my chest and triceps are feeling tomorrow...hope everyone else is enjoying the "Z"

Reacher34
01-13-10, 11:58 am
All those little improvements are gonna add up, bro. Keep workin it and take advantage of this opportunity.

TheGreatWhite
01-13-10, 4:51 pm
Oh yea, there's no doubt about it. That's how you make long-lasting gains my friend

TheGreatWhite
01-14-10, 12:20 pm
So, hit quads last night, and today I'm a tad bit sore, but hey, that's the name of the game right? Z's definately proving it's mettle.....

Quad Ext.s 2 x 20 (Warm Up)
Front Squats 5 x 12, 10, 8, 6, 4
Leg Press 4 x 15
Quad Ext. 21's x 3
Seated/Leg Press/Standing Calf Tri-set 3 x 15 each

Feeling pretty good this AM, got shoulders tonight with hamstrings and calves slated for tomorrow, then arms on saturday!

willah
01-14-10, 11:09 pm
Just got mine brother, hopefully my results are in line with yours. Solid workouts!

TheGreatWhite
01-15-10, 1:02 am
I'm sure they will be Willah! enjoy it man, and be ready to eat in the AM when you wake up.....

Little Z
01-15-10, 3:34 am
lookin solid in here bro.. definitely doin Z some justice!

TheGreatWhite
01-15-10, 12:57 pm
lol i'm enjoying it pretty well thus far! last night was shoulders, and right now i can;t feel a thing in my delts....

TheGreatWhite
01-16-10, 11:14 pm
Yesterday was hamstrings, and they aren't feeling as bad as I was anticipating! Here's a breakdown of the workout...

Rack Deadlifts 5 x 3
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 5 x 10
Weighted Hyperextensions (2 45'S) 4 x 8
Lying Hammy Curls 3 x 12
Seated Hammy Curls 3 x 12

em2_walsh
01-17-10, 12:58 am
Hey statechamps, when you do your rack deadlifts for hams, how high do you set the rack and is there a reason you do this for hamstrings?

I've seen guys do it on the same day as regular deadlifts just to do the upper part of the movement and I feel it focuses the range of motion on the back more than the legs, I could be wrong and I guess if you keep the legs straight then it would def work the hams, but at that point isn't it pretty similar to just stiff-leg deads?

Just looking for some clarification, Thanks bro.

TheGreatWhite
01-17-10, 7:27 pm
Hey statechamps, when you do your rack deadlifts for hams, how high do you set the rack and is there a reason you do this for hamstrings?

I've seen guys do it on the same day as regular deadlifts just to do the upper part of the movement and I feel it focuses the range of motion on the back more than the legs, I could be wrong and I guess if you keep the legs straight then it would def work the hams, but at that point isn't it pretty similar to just stiff-leg deads?

Just looking for some clarification, Thanks bro.

Well, funny you should ask lol,...the gym I work and train at doesn't have a traditional power rack, just a squat rack, no bars or anything. We have a few plyometric boxes, so I use two seperate heights every other set, I feel like it hits the low back great, plus it hits the outer-hamstrings great (for me anyways). I'm trying for a 500 lb deadlift by April, and I'm at 450 for 3 reps, so I just added rack deads a few weeks ago. I liek doing it with stiff-leg deads, because I do heavy hyperextensions, so it makes perfect sense to hit the low back while douing hamstrings just because hypers hit the entire posterior chain (low back, glutes, hams), so that's why I structure my hamstring workouts like this...help you at all??

TheGreatWhite
01-17-10, 11:04 pm
So, today was an off day for me as far as training goes....worked form 11-5 at Fitness 19, doing membership sales and making sure things run smooth, plus I had a few orientations with new members, 3 of which bought training from me! It's really been picking up around here...2500 members and we're only 4 1/2 months old! One thing I do notice with Z is on my off days, I'm feeling better throughout, never hitting that wall of "tired" like most people do....prolly due to the quality of sleep I'm getting....

On a funny note, I was laying down with this girl I'm seeing at the moment, and she goes "your back's getting a lot bigger...are you taking something?" Definately made my night! Guess people are noticing size increases....thing is I can see them too...Z's the shit

TheGreatWhite
01-18-10, 2:14 pm
Got about 2-3 extra hours of sleep last night, and boy did it show....tore the walls down in the gym this morning when I hit back...heres how it went

Lat Pulldowns 3 x 12
Underhand Barbell Rows 4 x 12
Hammer Strength HI-Row 3 x 12
1 Arm DB Row 3 x 12 each arm
Low Row 4 x 12
Weighted Chins 2 x 10, 1 x 8

Seated Calves 3 x 15
-Super Setted with-
Standing Caves 21's x 3

em2_walsh
01-18-10, 8:17 pm
that's why I structure my hamstring workouts like this...help you at all??

At first I just wasn't sure if you were using it as a hamstring movement or a back movement, definitely gave me a better understanding, I appreciate it.

Good luck with 500, 450 for 3 reps is solid

...maybe next year for me... ha.

TheGreatWhite
01-19-10, 11:22 am
At first I just wasn't sure if you were using it as a hamstring movement or a back movement, definitely gave me a better understanding, I appreciate it.

Good luck with 500, 450 for 3 reps is solid

...maybe next year for me... ha.

lol well, those 3 weren't the best reps neither to be honest, but regardless they were reps! but it jsut makes sense to incorporate low-back with hamstrings, as they work together snergistically, once again referring to the muscles in the posterior-chain...

TheGreatWhite
01-19-10, 11:23 am
Yet again I'm waking up refreshed and recovered....I don't feel much in my back at all! Z's proving it's mettle more and more as the days go by!

mritter3
01-19-10, 11:25 am
Yet again I'm waking up refreshed and recovered....I don't feel much in my back at all! Z's proving it's mettle more and more as the days go by!

good to know man....good rest and less soreness are always welcomed.

TheGreatWhite
01-19-10, 1:37 pm
good to know man....good rest and less soreness are always welcomed.

Always welcomed ritter! how's it treating you?

TheGreatWhite
01-21-10, 12:20 pm
Hit some quads last night, and I must have been bitten by the motivation bug....here's how it went...

Quad ext. 2 x 20 (warm up)
Barbell Front Squats 1 x 15, 1 x 12, 3 x 7
Leg Press 4 x 15, Dropset 1 x 50
Quad Ext. 21's x 4

Needless to say they were shot, but Z proved to be useful yet again.....not feeling much today which is great!

TheGreatWhite
01-22-10, 12:45 pm
Delts and traps are a tad bit sore, but not much! Here's a breakdown of the workout...

Barbell Military Press 1 x 12, 1 x 10, 1 x 10, 1 x 6
Barbell Upright Rows 4 x 12
Seated Side Laterals 3 x 12
Supinated DB Front Raises 3 x 10
Rear Delt Cable Flies 4 x 12
Barbell Shrugs 3 x 12
Rope Face Pulls 3 x 15

Like I said, a tad bit sore, but nothing that won't go away in a day or two

TheGreatWhite
01-24-10, 4:32 am
So, work's been insane lately....not much time has been spent on here in the last 2 days! Yesterday was hams, and today was arms...heres a break down...

Friday : Hamstrings

Rack Pulls 5 x 7
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 5 x 7
Weighted Hyperextensions 4 x 8
Seated Hamstring Curls 3 x 12
Lying Hamstring Curls 3 x 12

Saturday: Arms

Straight Bar Pressdowns
-SS-
DB Hammer Curls 3 x 12

EZ-Bar Curls
-SS-
Seated EZ-Bar Skull Crushers 3 x 12

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl
-SS-
Rope Kickbacks 3 x 12

"Hercules" Curls
-SS-
Bench Dips 3 x 15

Hams are feeling excellent...not feeling much at the moment, arms are yet to come haha

mritter3
01-24-10, 9:41 am
looks like even with your busy ass schedule you have managed to put together some strong ass workouts.

TheGreatWhite
01-24-10, 11:06 am
Always man....today's an off day, but with class from 8-3 then clients from 330 to 8, i wont get to lift until 815 tomorrow, and it's back day....I'ma be pullin energy from the far corners of existance to get thru it lol

TheGreatWhite
01-25-10, 9:24 am
Definately feeling awake and refreshed this morning.....I'm waiting for my Physiology professor to show up, so I thought I'd hop on here in the meantime and write a little something. Z's definately helping me get through the days, and I need as much help as I can get right now with classes starting back up...I won't get to train until 8 pm tonight...and I've got back....should be interesting!!

J-Dawg
01-25-10, 9:37 am
Hectic schedule I can see, but you're making the most of it. Keep it up brother.

TheGreatWhite
01-25-10, 10:29 am
Always J-Dawg...people have it worse than I would ever imagine, so there's no reason why I can't keep my shit together, you know??

TheGreatWhite
01-25-10, 11:51 pm
So, back tonight was fucking insaaaane! Here's a peek....

Weighted Chins 4 x 8
Deadlifts 5 x 5
Supinated BB Rows 4 x 12
Lat Pull-down 3 x 12
1 Arm DB Row 3 x 10
Hammer Strength Hi Row 3 x 12
Low Row 4 x 8
Lat-Bar Pullovers 7 x 12

Needless to say my back is anihilated...let's see how I recover from this!!

DA GOVNA
01-26-10, 7:37 am
So, work's been insane lately....not much time has been spent on here in the last 2 days! Yesterday was hams, and today was arms...heres a break down...

Friday : Hamstrings

Rack Pulls 5 x 7
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 5 x 7
Weighted Hyperextensions 4 x 8
Seated Hamstring Curls 3 x 12
Lying Hamstring Curls 3 x 12

Saturday: Arms

Straight Bar Pressdowns
-SS-
DB Hammer Curls 3 x 12

EZ-Bar Curls
-SS-
Seated EZ-Bar Skull Crushers 3 x 12

Hammer Strength Preacher Curl
-SS-
Rope Kickbacks 3 x 12

"Hercules" Curls
-SS-
Bench Dips 3 x 15

Hams are feeling excellent...not feeling much at the moment, arms are yet to come haha

Intense work out bro! Eat BIG to recover from this damage. Keep it up

TheGreatWhite
01-26-10, 11:18 am
Thanks much GOVNA!! You definately need to get a can of this when it comes out! One thing though, is that you're going to be STARVING in the AM...with that said I'm making a trip to Bob Evans here shortly for meal #2 with some friends of mine....gonna put some food DOOOOOOOWN!

My back's not feeling much at all.....I don't know how Animal stumbled across this stuff, but my gosh....it's rediculous!

TheGreatWhite
01-26-10, 12:53 pm
So, I definately just pounded away a southwest omlet and hashbrowns, along with a stack of chocolate pancakes at Bob Evans....now it's time to hit chest!

TheGreatWhite
01-28-10, 2:32 am
Chest workout was fantastic..here's a breakdown...

Flat Barbell Presses 5 x 5, 1 x 1, 1 x 9
Incline DB Press 4 x 8-12
Incline Hammer Strength Press 3 x 10, 3 x dropset
Flat DB Flies 4 x 10

It's a tad bit sore this AM, but nothing I can't handle...had to do arms tonight, not near enough time to hit quads like I originally planned...

TheGreatWhite
01-28-10, 1:44 pm
Arms don't feel bad at all...here's a breakdown...

Straight Bar Pressdowns 4 x 12
Smith Machine Close Grip Bench Press 2 x 12 1 x 8 1 x 5
Straight Bar Skull Crushers 4 x 10
Rope Kickbacks 3 x 12
Straight Bar Curls 2 x 10 1 x 6 1 x 4
Alt. DB Curls 3 x 12
EZ Bar Preacher Curls 3 x 12

TheGreatWhite
01-29-10, 1:17 am
I should have went with my gut and took tongiht off....but being the stubborn ass that I am, I decided to hit quads after i ran 12 clients back to back in 6 hours.....ate 3 times today......tried to do it, man was tonight horrid...here's a breakdown...

Quad Ext. 2 x 20 warm up
Front Squats 4 x 5
Leg Press 3 x 15 1 x dropset (40 reps)
Quad Ext 21's x 4

Tired, hungry as fuck, no energy at all.....reminds me of week 11 of "The Journey"....Frank was right, this sea is wide and it sure is rough, and it will swallow you whole....."although the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you"....ain't shit gettin the best of me....lots of people would quit right then.....just gotta bury that head and take one in the balls on a night like this...got my meals ready to go for tomorrow, along with my papers for class.....jsut one appointment tomorrow then I'm fuckin tearing my gym walls DOWN....shoulders tomorrow fellas, I'll let you know how it rolls....

TheGreatWhite
02-02-10, 12:40 am
Sorry guys, been hectic at work! My gym is teaming up with Subway and doing a "Biggest Loser" type of thing, and we're being featured in the Subway nationwide magazine....it's JUST our Fitness 19, only one in the country, so needless to say we've been high strung lately, but that's quite fine!

Anyways, Friday was delts and Saturday was hamstrings, heres how they went...

Friday: Delts
-Barbell Military Presses 2 x 12, 1 x 10, 1 x 8
-Hammer Strength Shoulder Press 4 x 12
-Barbell Upright Rows 3 x 12
-DB Side Laterals 3 x 10
-DB Supinated Front Raises 3 x 10
-DB Rear Delt Flies 3 x 12
-Rear Delt Cable Flies 3 x 15
-Barbell Shrugs 315 lbs. 3 x 12

Saturdsay : HamSTRONGS (lol)
-Rack Deadlift 5 x 7
-Stiff Leg Deadlifts 5 x 7
-Weighted Hyperextensions 3 x 12
-Seated Hamstring Curl 3 x 15
-Lying Hamstring Curl 3 x 15
-Seated/Standing Calves 3 x 21's

Z definately kept the soreness to a minimum yet again! I'm down to may last few packs, definately going to miss it...

TheGreatWhite
02-05-10, 1:13 am
So, I just took my final pack of Z.....here are my final thoughts about the product...

Definately a must have, this stuff is amazing. Not only does it decrease soreness and recovery time, you're ready to eat everything in sight when you wake up. The quality of sleep is excellent....especially if you have a long day coming up. I also felt "fuller" during my workouts.

Bottom line is this: get Z when it is availible