PDA

View Full Version : Recovery: starring Project Z, featuring em2_walsh as himself

em2_walsh
12-25-09, 1:43 am
I might be in the Alpha Test but I might not. I sent my email a few hours late so I eagerly await either the package or disappointment. Well if I am in this then I figure I should have some background info so everyone has some context to put any results I experience in.

I've always been a runner and I'm a classic ectomorph. If I don't consciously eat more than 3 meals a day, I will lose weight.

Last spring I started to get more serious about lifting and I ended up getting to 150 before going to OCS and dropping to 135. I then ran a half-marathon in late October and since then have concentrated on lifting and school and have gotten to 153.
Needless to say, I am on a bulk and plan on getting real serious as soon as Z comes in.

So right now I am:
5'8"
153 lbs
Not sure on BF%, but my waist is 28 inches.

My bench is 155 for 10 reps (never done a 1 rep max).
Deadlift is 225 for 8 reps.
Squat is embarrassing and the one I really hope to increase, but its probably around 150 for 10 reps.

I've been working a split routine:
I'm moving Legs to Thursday from Saturday now because I work weekends and its much more convenient to get it done during the week.
M- Chest, Calves
T- Back
W- Shoulders
R- Legs
F- Arms
S- Rest
S- Rest

Diet:
1- 6 whole eggs, 2 pieces wholewheat toast
2- Gainer (getting RG asap) + PB sandwich on ww bread
3- 6 oz chicken, 1 cup rice
4- Oats + 50g of protein shake
5- right now: 50g protein shake + PB sandwich (Picking up Torrent)
6- varies: (Beef, Tuna, Chicken) 8-10 oz of protein + carb (potato, rice)

Supps:
Pak
Pump
Gainer (RG on the way)
Protein
and Z
(Torrent on the way)

Any recommendations (flavors for torrent, other supps to use with this?) or Questions?

mritter3
12-25-09, 2:53 pm
glad to have you aboard...cant wait to see what you think bro.

DA GOVNA
12-25-09, 7:12 pm
nice...

E-Train
12-25-09, 11:02 pm
Bro don't worry about the stats it the recovery that we worry about..... keep pushin pressin and squatting and youll eventually be to your goals.

em2_walsh
12-29-09, 2:04 am
It feels like the day before Christmas, except worse because I'm not positive that its coming tomorrow.

Still haven't gotten my can, hopefully it'll come tomorrow.

J-Dawg
12-29-09, 12:10 pm
I'm in for this. I hope the can gets there in the next few days for ya. Keep us posted em.

em2_walsh
12-31-09, 5:17 pm
I feel like Steve Martin in the Jerk when the phone book arrives.

"Things are going to start happening to me now."

Its here, its a new year, lets start this off right.

mritter3
12-31-09, 7:29 pm
glad you got it...cant wait to see what you think of it...happy new year bro.

em2_walsh
01-01-10, 12:43 pm
Thanks gents,

Happy New Year to everyone.

After my first night with it I haven't figured out how I should feel about it.

I feel better than usual, but I can't put my finger on how I feel good, kind of an intangible thing.

mritter3
01-03-10, 9:50 am
thinking it takes a few days to reach its full effects....looking forward to your thoughts.

em2_walsh
01-05-10, 2:36 pm
The past few days has been more of the same, I'm sleeping fine, waking up refreshed, but nothing mind blowing.

But I'm expecting some sort of feeling that I'm not getting.
For example, when I take pump I can feel when it kicks in during my workout.

I know that its not really that kind of supp, but a man can dream.

mritter3
01-05-10, 2:39 pm
do you notice after a hard workout that your body is not as sore the following day as it normally would be, sleep is when we grow, so hopefully you fell something out of it, if not, you will give it time.

em2_walsh
01-07-10, 10:35 am
Ritter, I'm feeling something along those lines, but like I said, its not totally changing the way I workout. I'm going to give it as much time as I can possibly give it because I know its an Animal product, therefore a good product, and maybe it just hasn't really kicked in yet.

After a week I am 155 (so plus 2 lbs or so), I feel well rested when I wake up but not noticeably less sore.

I have a feeling that it will start to work its Animal magic this upcoming week.

em2_walsh
01-11-10, 11:54 am
I've decided I like Z, I usually get 6 or so hours of sleep per night and lately I've been feeling like I get 10 hours of sleep.

I've been waking up more naturally and sometimes even before my alarm.

All in all it works, there is no magic moment like I thought there was going to be, its just a sense of feeling better, less sore and more well rested when you wake up.

em2_walsh
01-13-10, 12:05 am
I felt like crap this morning, thought I was getting sick so I just downed water like it was going out of style and I feel fine now.

Z has been better than expected, which is saying something for an Animal product where my expectations are already high.

I have not been sore for this whole past week, and its not for lack of trying.

The only thing is that it doesn't put me to sleep like it did the first 2 weeks, I loved not tossing and turning for 2 hours before passing out.

From what I've read its been the same with everyone else in this Alpha test so Z looks like the real deal to me.

mritter3
01-13-10, 9:48 am
ya man...im loving it as well, glad to see you feel it is a solid product.

em2_walsh
01-14-10, 6:45 pm
yeah, definitely liking Z.

My legs are a little sore from yesterday, but that's about it.

I'm getting great sleep and feeling rested and recovered which is the biggest thing I've noticed from it.

willah
01-14-10, 11:10 pm
Have you got a journey going man? Wouldn't mind keeping up with your workouts. Hope things keep going well for you.

Little Z
01-15-10, 3:35 am
i love how this shit is legit.. everyone is going to jump on this once its released

mritter3
01-15-10, 8:19 am
i love how this shit is legit.. everyone is going to jump on this once its released

if they dont there fools.

em2_walsh
01-17-10, 12:14 am
Willah:
I had a journey last year, but I never kept up with it so it just kinda fell apart because I wasn't really online enough.
I've been thinking about starting it up again and I might do it sometime in the next month or so, we'll see what happens.

ritter and Little Z:
yeah this shit is legit. I can't wait for it to be released and for everyone to once again realize the dominance that animal/universal holds on the supplement market in terms of quality.

Z itself has been treating me well, like I said my legs bothered me for about 2 days like usual, but then they were fine. The rest of my body has been fine on Z with little to no soreness the next days whereas in the past I'd usual feel it 2 days after.

Sleep has been about the same, the past 2 nights I've also introduced the amazing supplement "Nyquil" into my stack because I've felt like shit.

TheGreatWhite
01-17-10, 12:29 am
are you insanely hungry in the mornings Walsh??

em2_walsh
01-17-10, 12:52 am
Actually yeah I am, I don't know how I didn't mention that.

I've always been hungry in the morning, but lately its been crazy, as in get out of bed at 8 not because I need to do something, but because I just need to eat 6-7 eggs and have a protein shake to stop my stomach from eating itself.

em2_walsh
01-17-10, 7:30 pm
The only thing getting me through the late shift at work is knowing that when I get home I can take Z, pass out, and wake up refreshed and ready to lift.

em2_walsh
01-18-10, 8:20 pm
Good chest day, Z has been working wonders, I just wish it could make this shit weather go away.

J-Dawg
01-18-10, 9:55 pm
Actually yeah I am, I don't know how I didn't mention that.

I've always been hungry in the morning, but lately its been crazy, as in get out of bed at 8 not because I need to do something, but because I just need to eat 6-7 eggs and have a protein shake to stop my stomach from eating itself.

The appetite thing is interesting. I've been noticing that too.

em2_walsh
01-26-10, 4:11 pm
Well I'm nearing the end of my Project Z and I can't wait for this stuff to hit the market. I really curious as to how everything is gonna go as far as sales and all that jazz. I'm just glad that I could be a part of this.

I hope that I provided some perspective from someone who is in good shape athletically but has never really been into lifting as much as most of the Animals on the forum. After this I'm definitely in it for the long hall and I can't think of a day without hitting the gym in the morning.