PDA

View Full Version : Journey help needed.

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 1:58 am
hey brothers,
Im a 310 pound, 6'1 football player. Im only 16 but ive been lifting since i was about 10. My form, my determination and my willingness to get the job done is all good. My journey has been a rough one but is continuing to flow in the direction where i want it to go. but the only problem is my workouts arnt working for me anymore. I need a change, something that is going to break my muscles down and build them bigger and stronger than tthey were before. Any routine suggestions??

Muscleguy93
12-25-09, 11:58 am
well, what r ur current stats? Bodyfat? routine?

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 12:07 pm
Well my bench is 320, squat 430, legpress 1125 for 3x10, clean 245. Im not sure but i think bodyfat is around 30 percent. I usually work chest, arms and shoulders one day. Legs asnd back the next. rest the next day then start again. I have to work around the program we do at school which is basic lifts like bench and squat. My cardio is already good and i have a program for it. I just need a new gym routine.

BionicMasterPiece
12-25-09, 2:01 pm
hey brothers,
Im a 310 pound, 6'1 football player. Im only 16 but ive been lifting since i was about 10. My form, my determination and my willingness to get the job done is all good. My journey has been a rough one but is continuing to flow in the direction where i want it to go. but the only problem is my workouts arnt working for me anymore. I need a change, something that is going to break my muscles down and build them bigger and stronger than tthey were before. Any routine suggestions??

try a push/pull/legs routine

day 1 push

incline or flat barbell press
military press
weighted dips
dumbbell laterals

day 2 rest

day 3 pull

pullups
barbell or t-bar rows
deadlifts
barbell curl
dumbbell hammer curl

day 4 rest

day 5 legs

squats
dumbbell lunges
dumbbell stiff leg deadlifts (dont go heavy on these, feel the stretch)

day 6,7 rest

keep the calories over 3000, dont eat dirty or a bunch of carbs....eating alot of carbs will just make you bloated, and cause a bunch of unwanted insulin spikes....id carb cycle

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 6:06 pm
I aprreciate the routine man, but at school we are on a 4 day program and we do half of what you put one day and half the next. then we rest and do it over again. The only thing we dont do that i do on my own is the rows.

MR.TeachFreak
12-25-09, 6:15 pm
I aprreciate the routine man, but at school we are on a 4 day program and we do half of what you put one day and half the next. then we rest and do it over again. The only thing we dont do that i do on my own is the rows.

Try talking to your teacher and show him the program and see if they will let you change it. That is what they did when I was in high school is the let athletes do a different program. Though it helped that the weight class teachers were coaches.

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 6:35 pm
ehh im not sure if coach is going to do that. hes pretty set on his program.
but see my daily routine for trainging in wake up, run then gym, then school and lifting during school, then after i speed train and condition, then i come home and do some stuff on the punching bag. what im looking to do is find a new morning gym routine that will help arms shoulders back and core, cause i got the rest covered.

DA GOVNA
12-25-09, 6:49 pm
Why did you ask for help and a new routine if your coach wont let you? It sounds to me like you need to run a shit ton and burn some fat man, 310lbs and your 16? Not healthy man go jump on a treadmill and eat every 2-3 hours.

BionicMasterPiece
12-25-09, 6:55 pm

Then your asking us for help why?

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 7:05 pm
Then your asking us for help why?

well because there is more out there than what i do and im looking for that more.

DA GOVNA
12-25-09, 7:10 pm
well because there is more out there than what i do and im looking for that more.

Bro If your already training once a day thats enough man, it sounds like your killing yourself training when 80% of the bodybuilding battle is eating! Get a goal, find a diet that suits it (bulking, cutting, maintenance) and do it for 4 weeks then switch it up. If you wanna be a football player then work out wih your coach, if you wanna be a body builder then pick up the hardest thing in bodybuilding...your fork and follow a set routine from animalpak.com/training...

Good luck

HOCKEY TEMPER
12-25-09, 7:12 pm

What.

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 7:12 pm
Bro If your already training once a day thats enough man, it sounds like your killing yourself training when 80% of the bodybuilding battle is eating! Get a goal, find a diet that suits it (bulking, cutting, maintenance) and do it for 4 weeks then switch it up. If you wanna be a football player then work out wih your coach, if you wanna be a body builder then pick up the hardest thing in bodybuilding...your fork and follow a set routine from animalpak.com/training...

Good luck

alright man i appreciate the advice.
im just so focused on gettin bigger faster and stronger. Ive got lots of colleges looking at me for football and several huge combines coming up so thats why i train so hard.

DA GOVNA
12-25-09, 7:16 pm
If your 16 then you have NO colleges looking at you... they only look at seniors and stand out juniors. Bigger, Faster, and stronger is good but with you being 310lbs there is no way you will get bigger and faster. Cut some bodyfat and you will get faster and more explosive and that is what football players are now a day.

Good luck man and take your training 1 day at a time, whether is be for football or bodybuilding.

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 7:18 pm
If your 16 then you have NO colleges looking at you... they only look at seniors and stand out juniors. Bigger, Faster, and stronger is good but with you being 310lbs there is no way you will get bigger and faster. Cut some bodyfat and you will get faster and more explosive and that is what football players are now a day.

Good luck man and take your training 1 day at a time, whether is be for football or bodybuilding.

okay thanks again, but you have one thing wrong and thats that i am getting college looks im one of the top prospects of the 2011 class. Ive been to many prestigious camps and combines that have been invite only. my next upcoming combine is the U.S. Army All American Combine, look it up if you dont believe me.

ronald1919
12-25-09, 7:24 pm
310 pounds at ur age/height ?!!? holy shit
what's ur diet like

PAINTRAIN93
12-25-09, 7:26 pm
310 pounds at ur age/height ?!!? holy shit
what's ur diet like

its like alot of protein, salad, oatmeal and lifting.

DA GOVNA
12-26-09, 9:18 am
okay thanks again, but you have one thing wrong and thats that i am getting college looks im one of the top prospects of the 2011 class. Ive been to many prestigious camps and combines that have been invite only. my next upcoming combine is the U.S. Army All American Combine, look it up if you dont believe me.

Well just to let you know the try outs for that game has been over for months... The roster has already been put out... tell us your name so we can look you up.

PAINTRAIN93
12-26-09, 3:12 pm
Well just to let you know the try outs for that game has been over for months... The roster has already been put out... tell us your name so we can look you up.

THe roster for the game yes but not the roster for the combine. The combine is for the top 500 prospects in the 2011 class. 100 of the atheletes from the combine (that i will be attending Jan 7-10 in 2010) will be selected for next years bowl game. I could or could not be picked for that game.

My name is Josh Palmer, im 16 and a junior. There is no roster out for the combine right now, but you can find me on rivals.com

DA GOVNA
12-26-09, 3:26 pm
hmmm... No results

here is the link

http://highschool.rivals.com/result.asp

PAINTRAIN93
12-26-09, 3:29 pm
hmmm... No results

here is the link

http://highschool.rivals.com/result.asp

thats cause you didnt type in the right info.
they havnt updated anything since the summer
but heres the link.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Josh-Palmer-98773

DA GOVNA
12-26-09, 3:32 pm
Oh nice good for you man 3.4 and high interest from Duke, congrats! If you got that kind of future with football then forget going to the gym to get bigger for the sake of getting bigger, go to get stronger. Listen to your coach and eat right. Good Luck man.

widdlewade44
12-26-09, 3:35 pm
THe roster for the game yes but not the roster for the combine. The combine is for the top 500 prospects in the 2011 class. 100 of the atheletes from the combine (that i will be attending Jan 7-10 in 2010) will be selected for next years bowl game. I could or could not be picked for that game.

My name is Josh Palmer, im 16 and a junior. There is no roster out for the combine right now, but you can find me on rivals.com

Thanks for the reference brother. So what are you looking for? Maybe tweak your diet if you're going off the OP of this thread.

It seems like you're training hard and eating a lot. Are you writing all of what you do down? If you do, we could see your overall 'picture' and provide better advice.

Kevin
widdlewade44

PAINTRAIN93
12-26-09, 3:37 pm
Oh nice good for you man 3.4 and high interest from Duke, congrats! If you got that kind of future with football then forget going to the gym to get bigger for the sake of getting bigger, go to get stronger. Listen to your coach and eat right. Good Luck man.

appreciate it man.

widdlewade44
12-26-09, 3:37 pm

DA GOVNA's got a good point too that you may want to be increasing your overall strength because you've got good size going for you already and you're still growing.

Kevin
widdlewade44

PAINTRAIN93
12-26-09, 3:39 pm
DA GOVNA's got a good point too that you may want to be increasing your overall strength because you've got good size going for you already and you're still growing.

Kevin
widdlewade44

True its just a stressful situation, ive always been told "you gotta be so good that no one can afford not to have you."