PDA

View Full Version : bulking question

ChadO
12-26-09, 12:37 pm
starting a gaining/bulking training program. How long do you guys think a good bulk session should last. as in time wise. like 3 mths, or more or less

mritter3
12-26-09, 12:48 pm
hey man...i have been bulking for like 2 years now...unless your dieting for a show or whatever, and your goal is to put on weight and mass, i dont think there is a timeline...like everything i do, i mix it up, i eat different foods, i train differently, but my overall goal is to keep getting bigger.

Mindaugas
12-26-09, 2:45 pm
Now I don't have any experience with bulking/cuting, but I think it all depends on how much fat you're willing to add. If you don't care about the fat then bulk all the way. If you want to maintain lower bf% and stay leaner then it would be better to bulk/cut..And i believe it is beneficial to bulk/cut/bulk/cut because your body goes into a "rebound" after the cut? As for how long you should do it? I think you should just go by how you feel and how you look if you're happy with bulk then just keep going if you think you had enough or went far enough, then it would be time to stop.

ChadO
12-26-09, 5:16 pm
i dont really care about bodyfat. im just going to bulk till like the beginning of march then cutt.

MR.TeachFreak
12-26-09, 5:26 pm
i dont really care about bodyfat. im just going to bulk till like the beginning of march then cutt.

Three months can work. I am assuming that you are putting on muscle then trimming off the fat for spring/summer then? You can put on muscle in 3 months depending on how your diet is though don't let too much fat get put on or it'll be harder to get it off.

BionicMasterPiece
12-26-09, 5:47 pm
starting a gaining/bulking training program. How long do you guys think a good bulk session should last. as in time wise. like 3 mths, or more or less

just keep bulking whenever you reach your goals, oh and eat clean....stuffing yourself with pounds of food does nothing but make fat and let me say it again fat...oh and unhealthy.....when we say train hard and eat alot, we mean eat alot of high quality food...

good luck animal

Joseph V
12-26-09, 10:09 pm
im just starting mine but according to my needs, WITH QUALITY MUSCLE along the way..my bulking session will go from january up to may..the diet is what its all about...the bulking season is the same as your sut phase..the only diffrence is that in you offseason you just eat like a mad man lol

ChadO
12-27-09, 12:20 am
I have always kept a clean diet. I mean yeah, ill have my cheat days where i eat like a whole pizza, but usually i keep it to
Morning: 4-5 eggs 5 pieces of bacon 2 cups of oatmeal and some fruit, or 2-3 big bowls of rasin brand cereal.
mid snack: turkey sandwhich with some fruit
Lunch: chicken with rice and greens
Pre/W: lean cuisine, usually some pasta or something
PO/W: shake 50g of protein
Po/w meal: steak, or fish, or chicken with salad, broccoli, and some starch.
Nightime: some ice cream
Bedtime: 2 scoops casein protein with 2% milk.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Chad

Joseph V
12-27-09, 12:35 am
i dont know if you do this but let me just add this along..1 gallon of water a day is gonna help you tremendously if your serious on packing on size to your frame.

ChadO
12-27-09, 12:54 am
i drink a ton of water

Kryptonite
12-27-09, 1:16 pm
If you're bulking and want to keep the fat gain to a minimum, use this food list as a guideline. Try to eat 1 or more servings of each food listed everyday unless noted.

Apples
Bananas
Eggs (1-2 whole eggs per day.)
Chicken breast
Beef (Once every 2 or more days.)
Salmon (This can get pricey... But if you get your hands on some, go for it.)
1% Milk (1-2 cups)
Flax seeds
Olive oil
Brown rice
Yams
Green beans
Spinach
Lettuce
Oatmeal
Almonds
Walnuts
Peanut butter
Protein powder
Canned tuna (If possible, eat fresh fish. Ex: Cod or tilapia.)

If you have any questions or comments, I'd be happy to help you.

T o m m Y
12-27-09, 4:09 pm
Dude just eat..

ChadO
12-27-09, 4:27 pm
Dude just eat..

thank you mr obvious. I understand eat to get big. Just checking to see if what i was consuming was good enough. Sorry for asking questions.

T o m m Y
12-27-09, 4:44 pm
I have always kept a clean diet. I mean yeah, ill have my cheat days where i eat like a whole pizza, but usually i keep it to
Morning: 4-5 eggs 5 pieces of bacon 2 cups of oatmeal and some fruit, or 2-3 big bowls of rasin brand cereal.
mid snack: turkey sandwhich with some fruit
Lunch: chicken with rice and greens
Pre/W: lean cuisine, usually some pasta or something
PO/W: shake 50g of protein
Po/w meal: steak, or fish, or chicken with salad, broccoli, and some starch.
Nightime: some ice cream
Bedtime: 2 scoops casein protein with 2% milk.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Chad

Get rid of that lean cuisine shit,have ckn or steak and rice..
Add some carbs to your PWO shake..oats or bananas would be good..

ChadO
12-27-09, 4:54 pm
thanks yous. See now that wasn't so hard.