PDA

View Full Version : Good chest split ideas

Solo_
12-29-09, 11:36 pm
Can anyone recommend me a chest routine, I know it's really general, and I think I've got a really solid one already, but it's time for a change.. I know I can look it up online and find a decent one, but I'm in what appears to be THE BEST place online with all these animals haha

My chest is alright, nothing special at all. It's pretty good for my age though. I feel that my lower chest is lagging behind the rest of my chest and it really takes away from it.

Muscleguy93
12-30-09, 12:05 am
Incline bench
Flat bench
Flys
Pull over

Rest and eat.

BionicMasterPiece
12-30-09, 12:12 am
Can anyone recommend me a chest routine, I know it's really general, and I think I've got a really solid one already, but it's time for a change.. I know I can look it up online and find a decent one, but I'm in what appears to be THE BEST place online with all these animals haha

My chest is alright, nothing special at all. It's pretty good for my age though. I feel that my lower chest is lagging behind the rest of my chest and it really takes away from it.

Hell yeah bro this site is one that belongs to all animals!

For your chest, id hit it from all angles with mass moving exercises, (meaning presses,dips), yes flys to stimulate muscles but you just wont get the same hormone response from just doing presses and dips (well actually depends on your genetics too) doing hardcore movements like presses and dips will pack on the mass...fast!!! doing all those flys may just inhibit your growth...so many people think building muscle is all about stimulating....dont forget about your hormones! .....alrighty (sorry for the lecture i just hate seeing people make the wrong decision by doing nothing but machine and cable work.. it pisses me off!!!!!!!) rofl

Alrighty...

try this on for size

Incline barbell or dumbbell press (the bigger your upper chest grows the more "density" will add to your frame, will give you the illusion of having "cut" upper pecs with huge mid/lower pecs

Flat Barbell or Dumbbell press (nothing more need be said? bread and butter of chest building for decades! why are some people not doing this movement anymore!)

Decline Barbell or Dumbbell press or Weighted Dips (similar to flat presses....it straight up works! more fibers that were missed while doing flat presses will be hit here.)

and there ya go! lol! nothing special yea? basic? check! if everyone trained as basic as that everyone would be huge!! i mean ronnie coleman trained basic like that all his life and he was pretty successful if you ask me.

Solo_
12-30-09, 12:56 am
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice and tips once again, this forum is mecca of information

Interceptor
12-30-09, 1:52 am
for a change up try doing about 5 sets of dips first for 10 reps each set. so 50 reps...that'll get all the lactic acid outta there and get all your fibers nice and woken up.

then do your cable work first, its almost like 2 exercises of pre exhausts, you get nice a pumped and tight.

then head to the incline for your presses and finally finish it all off with flat bench, that'll really test your manhood because your not gonna be throwin weight around like you generally do.

if you still aren't satisfied i do one burnout set of weighted dips just for overkill and nice stretch at the end.

usually stick in the 4 set range for every exercise and rep count goes from 12 down to 8 for each set. and weight dips are one big burnout set.

what do you guys think?

BionicMasterPiece
12-30-09, 1:53 am
for a change up try doing about 5 sets of dips first for 10 reps each set. so 50 reps...that'll get all the lactic acid outta there and get all your fibers nice and woken up.

then do your cable work first, its almost like 2 exercises of pre exhausts, you get nice a pumped and tight.

then head to the incline for your presses and finally finish it all off with flat bench, that'll really test your manhood because your not gonna be throwin weight around like you generally do.

if you still aren't satisfied i do one burnout set of weighted dips just for overkill and nice stretch at the end.

usually stick in the 4 set range for every exercise and rep count goes from 12 down to 8 for each set. and weight dips are one big burnout set.

what do you guys think?

huh? lol

hjayss
12-30-09, 2:53 am
supersets baby its time to get that cracking..
flat bench db press /flies
incline bench/ pullovers
pushups and crossovers

ironshaolin
12-30-09, 9:56 am
I think I might be the first here to say it......

Routine is really not all that important. Whats far more important for growth is the amount of force you use on the muscle, and the progress you make. Remember, force=Mass x acceleration, so focus on moving that bar like your life depends on it. Then focus on getting your numbers up, with better form. If your lower chest is lagging, focus on dips. Focus on adding 50-60 pounds to your 5 rep max on dips, while keeping all reps explosive and powerful. Then come back an re analyze.

Shifty
12-30-09, 2:12 pm
• Bench press – 5 sets, 6-10 reps;
• Flat bench flies – 5 sets, 6-10 reps;
• Incline bench press – 4 sets, 6-10 reps;
• Dumbbell pullovers – 4 sets, 10-12 reps.

Heres mine at the mo and it works well.I start with 2 warm up sets per excersie and the working sets i start with with a starting weight and then add 2.5kg per set untill the last set then i go to failure.Then stretch for a min.

Then the next Excersie.

BionicMasterPiece
12-30-09, 3:03 pm
• Bench press – 5 sets, 6-10 reps;
• Flat bench flies – 5 sets, 6-10 reps;
• Incline bench press – 4 sets, 6-10 reps;
• Dumbbell pullovers – 4 sets, 10-12 reps.

Heres mine at the mo and it works well.I start with 2 warm up sets per excersie and the working sets i start with with a starting weight and then add 2.5kg per set untill the last set then i go to failure.Then stretch for a min.

Then the next Excersie.

thats what arnold did for his chest when he first started training :)

Solo_
12-30-09, 3:08 pm
I went today and it consisted of

Flat bench x 4 sets
Incline x 4 sets
Decline x 4 sets
DB press for some tightening x 2 sets
Flies x 2 sets
Dips two sets of failure

I'm tightt

By the way the weight was varied in those sets and thanks for all the input everybody

In Flames
12-30-09, 3:21 pm
2 x 8-10 Incline BB
2 x 8-10 Flat DB
2 x 10-12 Incline Fly's
2 x 10-12 Pullovers

Shifty
12-30-09, 4:04 pm
thats what arnold did for his chest when he first started training :)

You got it.

Its the nuts and done right you know about the next day,put little twist on it to suit you and lift away,Just keep a log and keep adding the 2.5kg and eat clean and you will grow.

Interceptor
12-30-09, 11:35 pm
huh? lol

dips-as many sets as it takes up to 50 reps for warm up

cable crossover - 4x10
flyes - 4x10
incline db - 4x10
flatbench db - 4x10

weighted dip burnout

get it?

NaturalTrainee
01-04-10, 2:46 pm
BB Bench Press
DB Incline press
Chest dips
Sets and reps should be alligned using the intensity.

The_Legacy
01-04-10, 4:18 pm
pretty much what everyone has set, just balls to the wall intensity!

Deathride
01-04-10, 6:25 pm
I pretty much agree with what's been said above! All these pre-exhausting things.....i'm not entirely convinced. Here's what I get up to.......

Normally - the basics. Incline press 5-6 sets (2 max) (last one a drop set) / flat bench (ditto) / flat or incline flies for 4-5 sets / dips for 3 sets.

The odd week - 32 pressups THEN incline press THEN decline flies......no rest between them. Do five sets and your chest will hurt.

One other thing I've done is complete my chest work with weights. Then bang out 50-60 pushups.......nothing fancy, just as many sets as it takes to get to your target. Great way to finish the chest off.

Oh, and make sure to do close grip bench on triceps day. Nothing give the chest a wake up call during the week than more weight hovering over it!

strivin for more
01-04-10, 8:15 pm
its been said before but never underestimate the almighty dip and the old-fashioned pushup!