PDA

View Full Version : Puking during my workout

LoneWarrior
12-31-09, 3:15 pm
Wassup guys I have been training now for about a year and a half and i never had any problems puking or feeling lightheaded during workouts up until now. About two weeks ago I puked for the first time after working out my chest, I thought it was because I had eaten too much before my workout but now today after doing squats and hack squats I puked again. I was on an empty stomach when I started working out so I do not know what it might be that is making me puke. Im wondering if anyone can give me any tips or tell me what to look out for so I do not feel this way during my workouts.

TigerAce01
12-31-09, 3:20 pm
The only way to avoid it is to lower your intensity. You've been training for long enough that your intensity and work capacity have reached their threshold, which is a good thing. Just keep training hard brother.

-Ace

LoneWarrior
12-31-09, 3:28 pm
Yeah I think that just might be it cause lately I have been pushing my intensity up and really pushing myself so ill see if that helps. Thanks bro

TigerAce01
12-31-09, 3:41 pm
Yeah I think that just might be it cause lately I have been pushing my intensity up and really pushing myself so ill see if that helps. Thanks bro

I used to do CrossFit, and puking is as common as going to the gym for anyone using the routine. I've also found that a serving of Mylanta about an hour or so before your workout helps.

-Ace

BionicMasterPiece
12-31-09, 3:45 pm
Wassup guys I have been training now for about a year and a half and i never had any problems puking or feeling lightheaded during workouts up until now. About two weeks ago I puked for the first time after working out my chest, I thought it was because I had eaten too much before my workout but now today after doing squats and hack squats I puked again. I was on an empty stomach when I started working out so I do not know what it might be that is making me puke. Im wondering if anyone can give me any tips or tell me what to look out for so I do not feel this way during my workouts.

wait you puked while training chest?!?! FUCK! I thought i was the baddest fucker on this planet....may i ask....what did you do on that chest day?!?! rofl

LoneWarrior
12-31-09, 4:43 pm
Alright thanks TigerAce. Well i did 4 sets of barbell bench presses 10 to 12 rep range then 3 sets of incline barbell bench presses 10-12 rep range superset with incline db flyes after each set. Thats was it then i puked before getting to the rest of my workout.

Young&Hungry
12-31-09, 5:58 pm
If you're puking doing upper body, hell, even anything less than a 20 rep squat, your conditioning totally sucks and you've gotta invest more time in doing cardio. Plain and simple.

trissynashville
12-31-09, 7:35 pm
I feel lightheaded during every workout, always have. Never get sick, though.

JasonG
12-31-09, 9:58 pm
Never puke from lifting. Feel like it sometimes especially during legs and back but I just put a towel over my head, turn down the ipod and sit down between sets when I feel it coming on.

Alk
12-31-09, 10:43 pm
Lower your intensity.

How the fuck did that happen on a chest day? Jw

BionicMasterPiece
12-31-09, 10:46 pm
Lower your intensity.

maybe he wasnt breathing or something? held his breath too much? shit....rofl...

PRM
12-31-09, 11:01 pm
Must have been some crazy shit for a chest day. I only got the feeling of being close to vomiting while doing a fascia stretch for quads. Not even anything bad.

LoneWarrior
01-01-10, 1:34 am
Lower your intensity.

Idk man its the first time it happened to me I was breathing normal so idk man ill just lower my intensity a little then. Thanks bro

LoneWarrior
01-01-10, 1:36 am
maybe he wasnt breathing or something? held his breath too much? shit....rofl...

I think I was breathing normal man but ill make sure to check my breathing and see if thats it along with lowering my intensity a little

Goliathus
01-01-10, 2:50 am
What is your diet like?
And do you take anything pre-workout.
That's a HUGE thing I noticed. Ingesting caffine beforehand...maybe you have some caffeine sensitivity. There will probably be some reason..

LoneWarrior
01-01-10, 6:13 pm
I dont take any caffeine before workouts because I do not like too my pre workout supp that im using now is storm.

OPSNORM
01-05-10, 2:46 pm
I have overcomed the puking. i used to actually puke trying to swalllow all the pills but have gotten to a point where i can control it. no i only feel it when i do laying down leg curls. its something to do with the carpet pattern, it even bugs my wife.

The_Legacy
01-05-10, 3:46 pm
hell, i fucking love the feeling of nearly going to throw up. intensity is paramount.

jcarp
01-06-10, 7:22 am

watch out for meals at the pretraining the idea is that feed the muscles. Also be careful with the intensity, maybe you can have a high intensity workout