PDA

View Full Version : The Lonely Wolf

Moe Hawk
01-03-10, 8:45 pm
Hello. I have decided to return to logging on the Forvm so that I can track my progress, once again. I had a journey on here previously called the Journey of a Thousand Squats and it was primarily a Powerlifting turned Olympic lifting journal. I haven't updated it consistently since last year and my goals have changed.

I am no longer purely strength and power training. I incorporate various exercises into my program that cover bodybuilding, powerlifting, olympic lifting, bodyweight, and plyometrics with emphasis on stretching and cardiovascularity. My ultimate goal, for the time being up until April of 2010 is pure fitness. I want to have a hybrid of everything and be the whole package, but I do not plan on specializing in any of the areas I do. I don't plan on achieving a 315 bench with this program nor a 6 minute mile but I do expect to get stronger, both in general and in the bench press, and faster while having more stamina.

I changed programs because I had put on a lot of weight, sacrificed endurance, physique, and jumping for what I believed was not an impressive gain in strength. My squatting has drastically improved, I've done 375 atg, wearing only a belt. I now squat with no equipment and it has worked unbelievably.

I have to admit I did get stronger but I put on too much weight and got slower, so now I have to lose the extra weight while maintaining- even gaining- all of the strength I have now while building endurance and athleticism.

Moe Hawk
01-03-10, 8:50 pm
I am on a 4 month program where I will be constantly recycling exercises and rep schemes while adding new exercises and different rep schemes here and there. I have only made up the first month which is nearly finished (I only have a week left).

I train 4 days a week, every other day with 2 days off between day 4 and day 1. The first 2 weeks of the month are the same while the last 2 weeks are both the same.

Here it is:

Weeks 1&2:

Day 1:

Warm-up: Light intervals on the treadmill
Squats: 3x10 with either 205 or 225 and weight adjustments may be done every week to suit difficulty and intensity
Cleans: 6x3 with at least 50 kilos going up to 80 kilos (and hopefully higher)
Box Jumps: BW onto a 2 foot box for 5x5
Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3x8
Abs: Medicine ball tosses 3x15
Ball twists 3x15
Bench crunches 2x10
Cardio: Intervals on treadmill

Day2:

Warm-up: light jumps and dead bar hangs
Bench Press: 4x8 (185-205 pounds)
Deadlifts: 3x6 (140-160 kilos)
Lat Pulldowns: 3x8
Scissor jumps 3x6 (each leg plus added weight to increase difficulty. Not too much weight though! Explosion is the key)
Leg Press: 4x8
Rabbit hops w medicine ball (3x10)
Abs: Hanging leg or Hanging knee raises 3x15
Cable crunches: 3x15
Cardio: Intervals on treadmill

Day 3:

Warm-ups: Light intervals on the treadmill
Squats: 1x20 (225)
Cleans: 6x3
Jerks: 3x4
Push-ups: BWx50 for 3 sets (or close to it amap)
Dumbbell curls: 3x8
Assisted Pull-ups: 5x5
Static holds with (back bridges, planks, one-arm and one-leg planks for 5 minutes)
Cardio: 3 laps around the track

Day 4:

Dumbbell snatches: 5x3 for each arm
Dumbbell bench press: 5x5
Dumbbell rows supersetted with cable rows 3x8
Speed Deadlifts: 3x5 (120-140 kilos)
Box Jumps: BW+ weight onto 2 foot box for 4 sets of 6
Calf raises: 3x12-15
Abs: Hanging leg raises: BWx12
Medicine Ball throws: 3x15
Cable crunches: 2x10
Burpees: 3x8
3 laps around the track

Week 3&4
Day 1:
Warm-up: Light jogging on the track
Dumbbell Bench Press: 5x5
Squats: 4x6
Dumbbell rows: 3x8
Hurdle hops: 5x5
Abs: Hanging Leg Raises 3x15
Decline sit-ups: BW+dumbbell for 3x10
Cardio: Treadmill intervals

Day 2:
Warm-up: Light intervals on treadmill
Bench Press: 4x6
Cleans: 5x2
Leg press: 4x8
Rabbit jumps with medicine ball: 5x10
Pull-ups: as many as possible with bodyweight. 3 sets
Dips: 3x10-15 with bodyweight
Planks and Back bridges for 5 minutes
Cardio: Treadmill intervals

Day 3:
Warm-up: treadmill
Deadlifts: 5x4
Power Shrugs: 4x8
Squats: 3x10
Standing Military press: 3x5
Burpees: 5x10
Farmer’s Holds: 3 sets for a minute with heavy dumbbells
Abs: Medicine ball throws: 3x15
Twisting medicine ball crunches: 3x12
Cardio: 4 laps around the track

Day 4:
Warm-up: Treadmill
Dumbbell bench press: 6x3
Cleans: 3x8
Jerks: 3x8
Knee tucks: 3x10
Hurdle Hops: 3x8
Clap-Push-ups: 3x8-10
Pull-ups: Bodyweight for 3 sets with however many reps
Dips: 3x10-15 w bodyweight
Cardio: Jump rope for 7 minutes

Moe Hawk
01-03-10, 9:02 pm
I am almost done the first month of my program and I will be doing day 1 of the second half tomorrow. I will post it asap. I still have to make the second month which I will do this week. I still have to think about it, but I plan on less volume and a bit more cardio.

My cardio and endurance have improved since early December. I can run intervals on the treadmill at speeds between 7-8mph for 3-4 minutes. My strength and power have improved while I keep getting more flexible after every stretch. To sum it up, I am enjoying this program and can't wait to see the results at the end of this month. I'll gladly keep any readers updated. All suggestions, critiques, and praise are welcome.

Birdman
01-03-10, 9:19 pm
good luck bro

Moe Hawk
01-05-10, 1:56 am
Thanks for the support Birdman.

Today was a pretty good workout. It was a pretty easy and I felt it but I enjoyed it save for the first part.

Warm-up: I just ran lightly on the treadmill for 3 minutes at 6.6 miles per hour and then walked for 2 minutes at 3.5 mph.

I was feeling a little weak for some reason. I must not have gotten a lot of carbs pre-workout as It seemed I lacked energy.

Bench Press 4x6:

135x6
175x6
205x6
215x5
wtf! I felt so weak doing these. I needed assistance from the spotter on the 4th rep and a lot of help on the 5th. I asked for a protein shake to be made up and it helped for the rest of the workout. But it pisses me off because I know I can do 225 for 6. There's no reason why I can't do that weight now. My strength has improved a lot. I'm going to redo a bench session sometime this week.

Power cleans: 5x2

135x2
155x2
165x2
175x3
175x2

These were all pretty easy and my form was pretty good though I was landing on my toes for some reps. Going to go heavier again.

Leg Press (full range of motion) 4x8

The leg press I was using was weird as is much of the equipment in my temporary gym. It felt as if I was using just my front quads to lift the weight. They got another leg press in the gym so I am going to use that one next time.

315x8
405x8
500x8
500x8

Rabbit hops with 8 pound med ball for 5x10:

Hard! But it felt good.

Dips with just bodyweight. 3 sets of 5-10:

BWx8
BWx8
BWx6

and an extra isometric one.

If anyone here has ever browsed through my old log, I might have been the dip king. I weighed just a lil over 200 and could hit reps with 2 45's strapped to me. That was a year and a half ago and much has changed since then. I'm not as strong as I once was with dips but believe me I'll get it back. If I keep running and skipping rope and losing weight all bodyweight stuff will be easier.

Planks AND Bridges:

Holding various planks and a back bridge for 15-30 seconds sometimes more.

Examples of planks I do are the standard table top, the close-grip plank, the one-arm and one-leg plank for all limbs, the bottom push-up position plank, and the side plank. I also hold a basic gymnastic bridge for 30 seconds (sometimes even a minute!) This time it was only for 30 secs for 2 bridges.

Once I get lighter I'm going to work on neck bridges, one-arm bridges, and handstands.

Cardio:

I ran for 2 minutes at a speed of 7mph and I know that's not enough. It's just that this time I felt like not being on the treadmill. Tomorrow I plan to go to run some more and to skip rope.

Stretching:

Working on split stretches, butterfly stretches, hip flexor stretches, figure 4's, pikes, and sitting in the lotus.

And this was my workout. Pretty solid despite the first setback.

Birdman
01-05-10, 10:17 am
solid routine man but i know what mean with the treadmill...i hate running on those things. My word of advice about cardio is to start out on a stationary bike for a few weeks until you get ur stamina up then kill it on the tread

Moe Hawk
01-09-10, 12:07 am
Hey Birdman, thanks for the advice. I don't want to work on running for very long on the treadmill just doing intervals. I'm al;so going to be jumping rope a lot.

Okay, I went to the gym on tuesday just to run intervals on the treadmill and jump rope. I finally worked up the guts to weigh myself and discovered that my weight was 240! Unacceptable! I used to weigh under 200 and was almost as strong as I was now. I need to look after my diet and make sure to greatly limit my carb intake in the evening.

I didn't train on wednesday because my legs were so sore I could barely walk down my stairs. I had never had sore legs like that ever. It must have been that leg press I was using because the sled was curved somewhat and put all of the weight onto my quads.

I was still too sore Thursday and I was busy anyways.

Friday's workout:

Deadlift 5x4

140x4
230x4
280x4
320x4
370x1
370x1

Grr! The bar started slipping out of my hand. I've hit this weight for 6-10 reps before but for this workout I had no chalk. I normally deadlift barefeet too but decided to use my shoes this time.

Squat 3x10

210x10
230x10
255x10

The last set was intense and some of the best squatting I've done yet. I wanted to rack it after the 9th rep but pushed through the final rep.

Military press: 3x5

120x5
140x5
140x5

Some reps used little but I mean absolutely little leg drive to get past the shoulder level.

Burpees: I did 5 sets of 7 and 8 reps for burpees. These are tough but I'm getting faster at them.

Abs:

Medicine ball throws

8 pound ball for 3 sets of 15

supersetted with 3x12 of med ball twists

Decline crunches with just bodyweight for 2x12

Didn't have enough time to do cardio intervals and will stretch tonight. The workout took less than 90 minutes.

I may consider lifting tomorrow depending on how my body feels. I am definitely going to jump rope and run intervals tomorrow though.

Moe Hawk
01-10-10, 10:58 pm
This is the last workout of the first month of the program. I have to devise a new program for this month over a four week duration. I plan to do 4 days on and 3 days off. It's going to really intensify my cardio and keep my strength and power up.

Warm-up: Light running on the treadmill at speeds of 6 and 6.5 mph for 3 minutes and walking for 3 minutes at 3.5mph

Dumbbell Bench press:

50'sx4
60'sx4
70'sx4
80'sx4
90'sx4
95'sx4

Gonna try and make the 100's seem light (the heaviest dumbbells at my Universities gym.

Powercleans:

50kg'sx8
60kg'sx8
70kg'sx9

Jerks:

135x6
135x6
155x6

Dips:

BWx8
BWx8
BWx5 (failure)

Gotta lose more weight to get better at these and get to where I was a year and a half ago.

Assisted Pull-ups:

BW-60x5
BW-60x5
BW-60x5
BW-50x5
BW-50x4

Was switching my grip around every set from an overhand grip and an inside grip.

Knee Tucks: One set for 10 jumps, bringing my knees to my chest.

Hurdle Hops: 3x6. I continuously jumped over what seemed to be a 2 foot hurdle. Can probably do a 2 and a half foot hurdle.

Clap Push-ups: I did a set of 10 no prob and a set of 8 which was harder.

I then held some planks for a few minutes. Didn't have time to do cardio because my gym was closing and I am going to stretch after I shower. I also had a piece of filet of fish and some beef stew with a few knife scoops of nutella and some milk to drink for my post-workout meal.

Moe Hawk
01-13-10, 1:54 am
Second month program

Goal: Let’s step up the intensity a bit and focus on more cardio, especially jump rope. By the end of the month I will want to have lost 10-15 pounds, have the speedy footwork of a boxer, have gotten even stronger, and run and jump rope at least 5 times a week.

Squats, deadlifts, cleans, and presses will still make up the core of my weight training as will some plyometrics. I want to really start working on getting better at Pull-ups and dips. I also want to work on handstands. Planks will be incorporated again as will core training. Core training will be another main focus as a powerful core protects the spine and makes one stronger.

Flexibility will be another main focus as I will strive to stretch almost everyday.

The routine: A 4 day a week program with cardio done after every workout.

Day 1: Beginning tomorrow- (General strength day)
Warm-up: Light treadmill intervals
Squat: 4x5 followed by a triple
Dumbbell bench press: 4x6
Dips: 3x10 (or close to or to failure)
Glute-ham raises: 3x8
Abs: med-ball throws, medball twists, and cable crunches all for 3x10
Cardio: 5 minute treadmill intervals followed by 10 minutes of skipping rope

Day 2: (Overall athletic day)
Powercleans: 3x8
Jerks: 3x6
Rabbit hops: 3x8
Knee tucks: 2x10
Abs: Hanging knee raises and decline sit-ups all for 2x12
Planks and Bridges
Cardio: 5 minute treadmill intervals followed by 10 minutes of skipping rope

Day 3: (Power output)
Bench Press: 4x8
Standing Military Press: 4x4
Weighted Dips: 5x3
Bodyweight Pull-ups supersetted with chin-ups for 3x3
Underhand barbell rows: 3x6
Handstand training
Cardio: 5 laps around the track (if permissible)

Day 4: (General Fitness)
Squat: 3x8
Front squats: 2x10
RDL’s: 3x10
Hurdle hops: 3x6
Knee tucks w med ball: 2x10
Abs: (Med ball throws, bench crunches, and twisting cable crunches all for 3x8)
Planks and Bridges
Cardio: 10 minute treadmill intervals with 10 minutes of skipping rope.

Cliffs:
I’ll be doing some form of cardio every workout even on my offdays.
I’ll be stretching every workout
I’ll only be deadlifting for one workout but it’ll be for power.
I’ll be squatting 3 times, twice in the same workout.
I do 2 Olympic lifts and they are done for high reps for one workout
I do primarily upperbody workouts for 2 workouts. Shoulders and chest are both done in one workout. Bodyweight exercises are also included.
Abs are trained 3 workouts and are done back to back from day 1 to day 2.
Planks and Bridges are done in for 2 out of the 4 workouts
Workouts are done every other day. While I may do 2 workouts back to back I also must at least guarantee myself 2 days off from any kind of intense training. I must reserve at least one day off with absolutely no exercise whatsoever, though I may make it 2,so for 7 days out of the week, I could be training 4 days a week, along with running and skipping a 5th day.

The schedule may look something like this: Wednesday is Day 1, Friday is Day 2, Saturday is Day 3, and Tuesday is Day 4 and so on and so forth. Thus Day 2 and Day 3 are back to back while I’ll have 2 days off between Day 3 and Day 4. Therefore I won’t always be training on the same days as last week but I can manage.

I will make some amends to my workout, probably adding more sets, reducing reps, or adding a new exercise or two. I want to incorporate leg presses (preferably a 5x5) in order to help build insane leg power. The changes will be done after a week or two.

Comments, criticisms, suggestions, and encouragement are more than welcome and I’ll be hitting this program with the utmost intensity. I understand that diet will play a huge role as will rest. I’ll try to get my 8 hours every night while limiting my carbs in the evening.

Wish me luck.

P.S. All squats are done completely ATG with no equipment and for deads I’ll only be using chalk.

Forgot to mention that my legs, back, and core recover rather quickly and are quite strong even when trained everyday. So, I believe I am not going to be overtraining those parts though I'll definitely need to eat and rest well.

Moe Hawk
01-13-10, 11:58 pm
This workout went swell. I was really working hard and it was a sign of good things to come.

Squat 4x5 and a triple

All squats are done atg and with no belt and no wraps.

135x5 (so light that I almost fell back)
185x5
225x5
265x5
295x3

The last set was pretty easy but the second rep really came onto my right knee in the bottom position. Still I love my raw squatting ability.

Dumbbell Bench Press: 4x6

60'sx6
70'sx6
85'sx6
90'sx7

I could have gotten almost 10 with the 90's if I really pushed myself. But it was still a little challenge getting 7 reps. I think I'll venture moving up to the 95's next time. The 100's are the heaviest we have in our gym so once I get to 8+ for those then I'll be one happy dude.

Assisted Pull-ups (alternating my grip every other set from overhand to inside)

BW-60x5
BW-60x5
BW-60x5
BW-50x5
BW-50x4 (failure)

Dips:

BWx8
BWx6
BWx6

Goal once again is to get to doing 30 dips in as little as 3 sets and then 40 dips. Gotta lose weight though.

Machine Preacher curls:

80x8
90x8
125x7

(I know I was supposed to do glute-ham raises but our gym doesn't have a machine. We have a hyperextension machine but can anyone tell me a substitute for GHR's?

Abs:

Medicine Ball throws against wall for 3x15
supersetted with med ball twists for 3x10

Cable crunches:

65x10
80x10
87x10

Numbers are arbitrary since I don't care and I'm almost maxing out the entire machine.

Cardio:

TReadmill intervals running at 7mph for a minute, 7.5mph for 2 minutes, walking for 2 minutes, then running at 8mph for a minute.

Skipping rope for 5 minutes ( legs were sore, shoulders were sore and the gym was almost closing)

I've already ate and I still have to stretch.

Moe Hawk
01-15-10, 9:29 pm
This workout went fast and successful. The only thing that pissed me off was the powercleans as I was powercleaning from the ground for my top sets and the plates I was using were those cheap plastic hex weights so when you set them down it throws you off.

Like I said, I was using weird weights that were hex shaped. I normally O-lift on the platform in the varsity room but there were other people using it so I had to use the squat rack upstairs.

120x8 (hangcleans)

This set was hangcleaned since it was too low to set on te ground.

140x8
170x4 (grr! I can hit this weight it's just the effin weights were so awkward to set down. Also, I still need to get ahold of some chalk)
160x4 (Quickly took the 5's off and finished my set with this weight)

Jerks:

140x6
160x6
170x6

Rabbit Hops with 8 pound med-ball for 3x8

Hurdle hops over a 2 foot hurdle (will make it higher by adding another step-box) for 5x5

Knee tucks for 2x10 (really fast and explosive)

Hanging Knee Raises:
BWx12
BWx12

(couldn't find a decline bench so I just did twisting cable crunches)

72x12 (touching each knee so in reality 24 reps)
72x12 (same thing)

I then skipped rope for about 10 minutes (not non-stop). I still have to build up my endurance and my calves as my legs sometimes catch the rope because they're tired. I'm getting back my rhythm and speed though.

I still have to do back bridges and planks and then stretch. Overall a swell workout and I believe I am improving.

Moe Hawk
01-16-10, 11:46 pm
This workout was good but it was incomplete as once again I was pressed for time. I didn't get a chance to do both cardio and planks/bridges but I'm going to do them tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be doing treadmill intervals, jumping rope, and plank and bridge training. Monday will be a complete rest day.

Deadlifts: 5x4 (Weight is in kilos since I was using Olympic plates)

70kgx4
100kgx4
120kgx4
140kgx4
160kgx5

All done barefoot, completely raw and with some chalk I found. The last set was pretty easy I feel like I could do 180x4 with a lot of chalk and concentration.

135x8
155x8
185x7
190x9 (extra rep was to make up for the missed rep last set)

Military Press: 4x4

120x4
120x4
140x4
150x4

Weighted Dips 5x3

BWx3
BWx3
BW+10x3
BW+20x3
BW+20x3

These were all pretty easy so I'm going to add more weight. The thing is I was usig dumbbells hanging by my feet as resistance and the dumbbell almost slipped out of my feet a couple of times.

Pull-ups:

NONE! Still too effin heavy. I'm going to have to really step up my cardio and watch my diet. Last night I had 2 beers and a slice of pizza along with a chocolate bar so I really gotta focus and get lighter.

Underhand Barbell rows:

60kgx6
80kgx6
80kgx6

And this is it. I will stretch later when I get home. Tomorrow will be an intense cardio day. I'm pissed at still bein g too heavy! Let's step it up brothas!

T o m m Y
01-17-10, 12:08 am
strong day bro

Moe Hawk
01-17-10, 11:52 pm
I went to the gym and the first thing I did was jump rope. But it pissed me off because there were too many people coming into the cardio room (the only place available to skip) and after about 10 minutes I just left to go run on the treadmill.

I ran for 4 minutes straight increasing my speeds every minute from 6.5mph up to 8mph for the final minute. I then walked for 3 minutes then ran for another 2 minutes then walked again and finally ran 8mph for a minute then 8.5mph for 30 seconds.

I then held some planks and then stretched for quite a while.

Moe Hawk
01-20-10, 5:34 pm
I've officially completed the first week of the second month of the program by completing this workout. The only thing I did not complete was the cardio and stretching portion which I didn't have time to do because I had to rush home and eat and shower so I could meet my appointment time at the bank. I will go to the gym later this evening to run and skip rope. I have been up since 1 oclock in the morning so I was kinda tired when doing this workout but that didn't stop me from pushing myself.

Warm-up:

5 minute jog-speed on the elliptical.

Squats: 3x8 atg completely raw

205x8
225x8
265x8 (no problem. Could get 275 next time)

Front Squats: 2x10 atg completely raw

135x7
135x10

It's been half a year since I did any front squatting. It was difficult for the first set but by the second set I gripped the bar tight and it made the weight seem lighter. I will progress up in weight much quicker with these once I get used to them again.

Romanian Deadlifts: 3x10

80kg'sx10
90kg'sx10
100kg'sx10

Hurdle Hops:

3x6 over 3 step-boxes. I know I said I'd push for 4 step-boxes but I was already pretty tired. Next time for sure though!

Knee tucks with 8 pound medicine ball: 2x10

Abs:

Medicine Ball throws w 8 pound med ball: 3x10 (too easy)

Bench crunches: 3x10 w just bodyweight

Twisting cable crunches: 3x10 with nearly the whole stack for the last set.

Planks and Bridges:

Held 3 back bridges for between 30seconds to a minute (though my feet were slipping, damn new shoes have no traction, slippery as hell)

Held Close-grip elevated planks, one arm planks for both arms, elbow planks, push-up planks (in bottom position), and side planks for each arm. I'd say every plank was at least 30 seconds some even more than a minute.

Yep, not a very impressive workout but still 100% given especially given the lack of sleep. Any comments or suggestions?

Up the iron!

Moe Hawk
01-22-10, 11:51 pm
Okay, my legs were kinda sore from running and skipping rope yesterday and from the last workout I did 2 days ago. They haven't had a full days rest yet so tomorrow I am just going to rest and recover. Because of this both my legs, core, and back were not completely up to their full potential so the squats I did were a little disappointing but I've learned my lesson.

Warm-up: treadmill intervals going 6.5 mph for a minute and 7mph for 2. Then walking for 3 minutes.

Squat: 4x5 1x3

185x5 (felt like 225 grr)
205x5
225x5
255x5
275x3

For the 275 set I really pushed it out and made the reps pretty speedy. Going to go for 305+ next week when my legs will be fully rested.

8 plates total for 8
10 plates total for 8
12 plates total for 8
14 plates total for 8

Dumbbell Bench Press: 4x6

65'sx6
75'sx6
85'sx6
95'sx6

I liked this. Full rom for all sets. I may consider doing the 100's next time but I may try to get 8 reps with the 95's first.

BW-60x5 (overhand)
BW-60x5 (inside grip)
BW-50x5 (overhand grip)
BW-50x5 (inside grip)
BW-40x5 (overhand grip)

Dips: 3x10 trying to get to 30 dips in less than 3 sets.

BWx10
BWx7
BWx7

24 in total. So 6 off. Getting better.

Weighted Hypers: 3x8

BWx8
BW+25x8
BW+45x8

Abs:

Medicine Ball throws: 3x10

supersetted with Medicine ball twists for 3x10

Cable crunches for 3x10

Cardio: Only ran for 2 minutes because they were shutting the treadmills down.

Skipped rope for about 5 minutes.

Moe Hawk
01-24-10, 11:07 pm
This was a total kick-ass workout! I hit a few pr's and the only thing that kind of went wrong was that I couldn't do any hurdle hops because all of the step boxes were being used and that usually never happens. The planks and bridges and the intervals on the treadmill were pretty damn good and I hope every workout can be like this one.

60kg'sx8
70kg'sx8
80kg'sx9

Okay here's the thing about the last set. My form was kind of off on a lot of those reps. Also, I took a few short rests between a few reps (like 10-20 seconds) so in actuality the whole set was a combination of a lot of doubles and singles and even a triple. The last rep I actually waited for a inute to complete so yeah this was not a true set in the word. Still, haven't really cleaned this weight that many times before but I may deload next time.

135x6
155x6
175x6

The last set felt so heavy. I feel like I've lost alot of my explosive power from all of the O-lifting from last year.

Rabbit Hops: 3x8 with an 8 pound medicine ball.

Knee Tucks with same medicine ball for 2x10

Knee raises on a dip bar for 2x12. Was hard to balance and support my body. Might use a med ball next time to add resistance.

Couldn't find a decline bench so used a swiss ball and did 2x12 crunches.

Then did planks and bridges. I first held to back bridges each between 45 seconds to a minute. I then held a variety of planks ranging from close-grip planks, onearm and one leg planks (alternating sides) isometric push-up planks, side planks for each side, and then I finished up with a final back bridge held for 30 seconds. I'm getting stronger with my bodyweight so Imma happy.

Cardio:

This also went good. I walked 3.5mph for a minute, ran 7mph for a minute, then 7.5mph for 2 minutes, walked 3.5mph for 3 minutes, ran 7mph for a minute, 7.5mph for another minute, then 8mph for the final 60 seconds before I cooled down for the remaining minute. All in all I was on for 11 minutes and for almost a mile (0.99 miles lol). Some of the best cardio I've done yet and tomorrow I'll go to skip rope.

Yeah, an amazing workout since I was well rested from yesterday. Let's hope all of the rest can be as good as this one. I still have to stretch but that should not take too long.

Moe Hawk
01-27-10, 12:08 am
Another sweet workout. One of the best yet. I also skipped rope near the end and my rope skipping has drastically improved.

70kgx4
110kgx4
130kgx4
150kgx4
170kgx4

All done barefoot, no belt and wraps, locked out completely with straight arms and done fast and explosively with some chalk to aid in my grip.

135x8
155x8
185x8
195x8

Uh! Was lifting downstairs in the varsity room and the plates there are denser. On the last set I hit failure in the bottom portion of the final rep and needed some assistance.

Military Press 4x4

115x4
125x4
135x4
145x4 (lil leg drive near the bottom, barely any though)

BWx3
BWx3
BW+10x3
BW+15x3
BW+25x2

Lat Pulldowns: 3x6

130x6
150x6
150x6

supersetted with underhand barbell rows for 3x6

70kgx6
70kgx6
70kgx6

I then skipped rope for about 15 or so minutes (not non-stop). My speed has really come back and my endurance has gotten alot better as I was able to skip for longer than a minute in intervals now. My criss-crosses are also getting better. My calves have also got stronger as they can keep hopping without getting caught by the rope.

A solid workout and I'm hoping to get some subscribers in my log. It'd be great if I had subbers following my progress and offering me advice and suggestions.

BionicMasterPiece
01-27-10, 12:18 am
Another sweet workout. One of the best yet. I also skipped rope near the end and my rope skipping has drastically improved.

70kgx4
110kgx4
130kgx4
150kgx4
170kgx4

All done barefoot, no belt and wraps, locked out completely with straight arms and done fast and explosively with some chalk to aid in my grip.

135x8
155x8
185x8
195x8

Uh! Was lifting downstairs in the varsity room and the plates there are denser. On the last set I hit failure in the bottom portion of the final rep and needed some assistance.

Military Press 4x4

115x4
125x4
135x4
145x4 (lil leg drive near the bottom, barely any though)

BWx3
BWx3
BW+10x3
BW+15x3
BW+25x2

Lat Pulldowns: 3x6

130x6
150x6
150x6

supersetted with underhand barbell rows for 3x6

70kgx6
70kgx6
70kgx6

I then skipped rope for about 15 or so minutes (not non-stop). My speed has really come back and my endurance has gotten alot better as I was able to skip for longer than a minute in intervals now. My criss-crosses are also getting better. My calves have also got stronger as they can keep hopping without getting caught by the rope.

A solid workout and I'm hoping to get some subscribers in my log. It'd be great if I had subbers following my progress and offering me advice and suggestions.

hardcore and basic! sweet training

Moe Hawk
01-29-10, 2:00 am
This workout sucked at first cuz I couldn't get into the varsity room yet and had to wait for the only squat rack upstairs to free up. The wait disappointed me and left me with lower intensity. However, near the middle I began to give more effort and it turned out to be a decent workout afterall.

210x8
230x8
250x8

Again done atg with no gear. I wanted to hit 10 reps with the 250 set to make up for the fact that I did a lower weight than last workout. My core began struggling near the 6th rep though. I am 100 percent positive I can hit 275 for 8 no problem, next week.

RDL's:

80kgx10
105kgx5 (bah just didn't have it inme)
90kgx10

Yeah around this point I was thinking of just leaving the gym. But I decided to stick through it.

Hurdle Hops: 3x6 jumping over a 2 foot hurdle for 2 sets and the last set I increased the height to a 2 and a half foot height.

Knee tucks with med ball: 2x10

Abs:

Medicine Ball throws with 12 pound medicine ball: 3x8

Bench crunches: 3x8

Twisting cable crunches 3x8 (this is for each knee)

I then held back bridges and various planks for a few.

Ran on the treadmill for 3 minutes (6.5,7,7.5mph each minute)

Tried skipping rope for a bit but my legs were really sore so decided to call it a workout. I'll skip rope tomorrow. The day after that is a complete rest and recovery day.

I also stretched quite a bit after my workout.

Moe Hawk
02-01-10, 9:13 pm
Pretty decent workout especially since I did not get much sleeop the night before.

Squats:

140x5
190x5
230x5
280x5
300x3

All raw and atg. Pretty pleased with this.

Leg Press:

405x8
495x8
585x8
585x8

Couldn't go up to 7 pies per side again. Oh well. My goal is to get to 8 pies per side for 8 or so reps.

Dumbbell Bench Press:

70'sx6
85'sx6
90'sx6
95'sx5

Will once again try for the 100's for 6.

Assisted Pull-ups:

BW-50x5 overhand
BW-50x5 inside
BW-50x5 overhand
BW-50x5 inside
BW-50x3 overhand. Hit failure at this point.

Dips:

Managed to do 26 reps in 4 sets. 10 reps for the 1st set. Getting better.

Abs:

Cardio room was booked so couldn't get ahold of any medicine balls. Had to improvise my ab workout.

Dumbbell crunches with 60 pound dumbbell for 3 sets of 15

Sitting bench crunches for 3x10

Cable crunches for 3x10

Couldn't do cardio because the cardio room was booked, no room to skip rope, and all of the cardio machines were being used up. Gym was very overcrowded. Will do cardio tomorrow.

Moe Hawk
02-06-10, 1:47 pm
I did this workout on thursday and have finally decided to record it now. It was good but there are some things that occurred that pissed me off. I won't bother to mention them since it is irrelevant.

powercleans: 3x8

140x8
160x8
175x8

jerks: 3x6

135x6
165x6
165x6

rabbit hops w 12 pound med ball: 3x8

hurdle hops: 5x5

sets all done over a 28-30 inch hurdle (adjusted every set). Tried to go higher but my feet knocked the step boxes over.

knee tucks with 12 pound med ball: 2x10

Abs:

Hanging knee raises on a dip bar for 2x12

Medicine ball throws with 12 pound med ball for 2x12

Planks and bridges held for 5 minutes.

Cardio:

Treadmill intervals.

Moe Hawk
02-09-10, 3:17 pm
Just bumping right now to look for more subscribers and to let anyone know that I'm still in action it's jsut that I had some setbacks this weekend and I'm finally returning to the gym today.

Moe Hawk
02-09-10, 10:28 pm
Title says it all. I haven't been in the gym since thursday so I'm pretty out of the loop so this workout was an adjustment. Still, put up some decent numbers.

60kgx4
100kgx4
120kgx4
140kgx4
170kgx3
170kgx1

140x8
160x8
180x8
200x5 beh! I need to get back to 205x8 at least. Fuck this pissed me off. I need to bench more next month.

115x4
125x4
135x4
145x3 argh I hate coming back from a hiatus.

BWx3
BWx3
BW+10x3
BW+10x3
BW+20x3

Lat pulldowns: 3x6

140x6
160x6
160x6

Cable rows: 3x6

I know I was supposed to do underhand barbell rows but I could not find a place to do them. So I did these.

120x6
140x6
180x6

Planks and Bridges: Held a back bridge and did a few planks but only for a minute or so.

Cardio:

I skipped rope for about 10 minutes (not constantly).

Moe Hawk
02-09-10, 10:39 pm
If anyone bothers to read this I need an answer. What do you think are some realistic poundages that I can achieve lifting completely raw, with no drugs, and no supplements? Are big strength gains (and power) possible without following a strict routine? I don't want to just focus on those aspects I want to be the whole package and during the late spring and summer I'll switch to Olympic Weightlifting. In the meantime I want to be well rounded but can I make decent strength gains with my condition? (raw and drug and supplement free) Thanks for any input.

Moe Hawk
02-11-10, 11:08 pm
Pretty good workout though there were some setbacks that pissed me off. I can't stand it when there are external factors that slow down your intensity. For instance, the aerobics room where I perform my cardio and plyometrics was being used by a class so when it came time to do all of those things I had to wait like 20 minutes to get in. Still, a decent workout nevertheless.

190x8
230x8
280x8

Yeah, all ATG and raw.

Romanian Deadlifts: 3x10

160x10
190x10
210x10

These were hard

Here is where I had to wait for the cardio room to free up. So in the meantime I did

leg presses:

3 pies per sidex10
4 pies per sidex10
5 pies per sidex10

Finally when I got into the aerobics room to do hurdle hops my legs were pretty sore so I only did like 2 sets.

Abs:

medicine ball throws for 3x10

hanging knee raises on a dip bar for 3x10 with a static hold at the last rep.

twisting cable crunches for 2x10

I then skipped rope for about 10 minutes including rest periods of course.

Oh and I weighed myself as I was waiting for the aerobics room to free up. Without shoes, I weighed 231 pounds. I've lost almost 12 pounds and my strength seems to be improving. My speed and jumps seem to be improving too. Someone said that I appear to be losing weight so I'm happy. Gotta get down to 220 now.

Moe Hawk
02-14-10, 9:40 pm
I was training at home since I'm back for reading week and the gym closes early on a sunday. I had to improvise.

Squat: 4x5 with a triple

150x5
190x5
240x5
270x5
305x3

All raw, ATG except for the last set. For the triple my back was a lil tight so I decided to throw on my old lifting belt.

150x6
170x6
190x6
205x6

Rack Presses:

190x3
190x3
190x3
190x3
205x2
205x2
220x1

Decided to try these because I am weak at the bottom portion of my bench press. These were pretty tough and I will do them for the third part of my program.

Pull-ups and Chin-ups

BWx3
BWx3
BWx2
BWx2
BWx1
BWx1

Hanging Knee Raises:

3x15
3x15
3x15

Bench crunches: 3x10

Dumbbell crunches: 2x15

BW+50x15
BW+50x15

Moe Hawk
02-18-10, 11:13 pm
I had a session 2 days ago and it was just a simple workout and I had an intense workout today. I know I was supposed to do day 3 but my triceps were still too sore to bench so I decided to do day 4 instead.

I only have 1 more day left of the second month and I will post my new workout program soon (I have mostly conceived it)

Day 2:

135x8
155x8
175x4 gah
165x4

Oversetimated myself on the 175 set. Will still attempt it again.

135x6
155x6
175x6 with the final rep locked out and held over my head for about 7 seconds.

Rabbit hops with medicine ball for 3x8

Here is where I assumed my legs to be too tired to jump over hurdles so I just decided to skip rope. I ended up skipping rope for close to 25 minutes going for over 2 minutes occasionally.

Day 4: Genertal Fitness day

This workout was decent. The only thing I couldn't do was hurdle hops because the cardio room was being used. I also didn't have time to do cardio near the end.

Squats: 3x8

205x8
245x8
265x7
265x1 (Sat in full squat position for 5 seconds.

All ATG and raw. Pissed me off that I didn't try and attempt the 8th rep for the 265 set. Decided to make up for it with the isometric rep.

3 ppsx8
4 ppsx8
5 ppsx8
6 ppsx8

RDL's:

190x10
210x8
210x8

Knee tucks with medicine balls: 2x10

Abs:

Hanging knee raises: 3x10

Decline sit-ups:

BW+25x10
BW+25x10
BWx12

Cable crunches: 2x10

I then stretched when I arrived home.

Moe Hawk
02-19-10, 10:34 pm
Here is what most likely will be the third month of this program. There will probably be changes but I want to see what anyone thinks.

Goals and objectives: Cardio will still be an important focus. I want to jump rope at least 3 times a week and throw in some treadmill intervals.

Strength and power development are a key focus with some plyometrics thrown in. Bodyweight exercises will also be put in.

Day 1: Push and explosive day.

Dumbbell Bench press: 6x4
Barbell Bench Press: 3x8
Powercleans: 3x6
Abs: medicine ball throws, hanging knee raises, and leg lifts for 3x15
Cardio: Skipping rope

Complete rest between these days

Day 2: Athletic day

Squats: 4x5 with 1x3
Leg Press: 4x6 (complete range of motion)
Romanian deadlifts: 3x8
Squat jumps with medicine ball: 3x8
Burpees: 3x10
Planks and bridges
Cardio: skipping rope

Cardio intervals on off day

Day 3: Primate day

Bench press: 4x6
Rack presses: 3x3,2x2,1x1 (if permissible)
Dips: 3x10
Depth Push-ups: 3x6
Pull-ups
Lat pulldowns: 3x8
Abs: same exercises and same sets and reps
Cardio: skipping rope

Day 4: Herculean day

Deadlifts: 5x5
Push press: 4x4
Seated dumbbell presses: 3x6
Abs:
Planks and Bridges

One thing that I should mention is that there doesn't appear to too many back exercises thrown in. I am wondering if this needs to be fixed.

The same principle of every other day will be employed with a 2 day rest period between Day 4 and Day 1.

Moe Hawk
02-21-10, 11:24 pm
Okay I have decided that I am sticking with the program I have conceived for the third month. Unless I decide to make quick amendments I'll probably run this program for a trial for the first week and see how I perform.

I did not do deadlifts today because I decided to rest from doing major compounds this day.

Warm-up:

Jogging 7mph for 3.15 minutes on treadmill and then walking for 3 minutes at 3.5mph

Bench Press:4x8

140x8
170x8
190x8
190x8

Rack Presses: 3x3, 2x2, 1x1

190x3
190x3
190x3

200x2
210x2

Ugh I attempted 220 but couldn't even get it up. I then tried for 210 and 200 but couldn't do it I had reached failure. So I got 190 again for a single.

BWx3
BW+10x3
BW+10x3
BW+15x3
BW+25x3

Assisted Pull-ups:

BW-85x5
BW-50x5
BW-50x5
BW-50x5
BW-40x4

120x4
130x4
140x4
140x4

Underhand Barbell Rows: 3x8

115x8 for all 3 sets. Was in a hurry.

Depth Push-ups: 3x8

Did em on a step box about 8 inches high. Full ROM. My friend recommended these to me to build strength in the lower part of the bench press. Love em so far.

Cardio:

I skipped rope for about 7 minutes.

Moe Hawk
02-23-10, 11:15 pm
Aight my chest was still a little sore from Sundays workout so the numbers I put up were less than stellar. But it was still a solid workout nevertheless. I also didn't do jerks because I had to wait for the only rack to clear up and I decided to not wait for the 10 or 15 minutes.

Warm-up: running on treadmill for 3.5 minutes at 7mph and walking for 2 minutes at 3.5mph

Dumbbell Bench Press: 6x4

50'sx4
60'sx4
75'sx4
80'sx4
90'sx4
95'sx3

Bench Press: 3x8

140x8
160x8
170x8

Powercleans: 3x6

140x6
160x6
180x6

Abs:

Medicine ball twists: 3x15

knee raises on parallel bars: 3x15

Leg lifts: 3x10

Cardio:

Skipping rope for about 15 minutes (not continuous)

Moe Hawk
02-25-10, 11:36 pm
Sweet workout. Set a few PR's so I'm pleased with everything. Legs were too sore to do much cardio and I had to skip the burpees because I was running out of time.

Squat: 4x5 with 1x3

140x5
190x5
230x5
280x5
320x3

PR! And of course all done raw and ATG

RDL's: 3x8

140x8
190x8
230x8

Leg Press: 4x6

225x6
405x6
495x6
585x6

Hurdle Hops: 4x5 over a 2 foot hurdle.

Squat jumps with med ball: 3x8

I then held a couple of back bridges and some various planks.

Moe Hawk
02-25-10, 11:54 pm
Forgot to add that after my 320 set I busted out a complimentary set of 230x10 ATG squats

Moe Hawk
02-27-10, 11:26 pm
Only had an hour to do this workout so no cardio nor abs were done.

140x6
160x6
190x6
200x6

Rack Presses: 3x3, 2x2, 1x1

140x3
190x3
190x3
200x2
210x2
230x0 gah got cocky
220x0 nope next time for sure

Dips:

Depth push-ups off of 2 9 inch step boxes for 3x6

Lat pull-downs supersetted with cable rows for 3x8

Moe Hawk
03-03-10, 12:08 am
This was a shit workout. First off I woke up at 8pm and had only 3 hours to get to the gym before it closes at 11pm. I got there at like 9:40 but my C.N.S. was still sluggish and I could feel it walking in the gym. I also could only deadlift upstairs and the plates are shit for deadlifting cuz they're hex shaped and the bar was waayy too slippery so I couldn't grip shit. I could only do singles and even then the bar nearly slipped out of my hands.

Deadlifts: 5x5 even though I only did 4 sets

135x5
225x5
275x1
325x1

They were all easy it's just that the bar was too slippery to hang onto.

I had to then wait like 15 minutes for the squat rack to clear up. This guy took 15 minutes to do 2 sets of 275 never ever hitting parallel. Sometimes I feel like there is no competition in the gym or that I am the only one who wants to take the effort to do everything right.

210x10
230x10

Was already exhausted so I could only get 250x6 before I racked it.

Push Press: 4x4

Only did 3 sets here. 140x4, 160x4, 170x4

Seated dumbbell press: 3x6

Only did one set here and it was 60'sx6

Abs:

Med ball throws for 3x15 and med ball twists for 3x10

Gym was gonna close in 6 minutes so I ran on the treadmill for 3 minutes goin 7mph for 2, and 7.5mph for 3 and walked for another minute.

Gonna hit the gym tomorrow and do some jump rope work. Thursday's workout is going to be intense, you'll see.

Moe Hawk
03-09-10, 1:42 pm
This week and last week and last weekend were much better because of the good sleep I have been getting. I actually did 3 workouts and cardio during my off days but didn't decide to record the workouts until today. I had one today too.

Workout 1: Day 1

Dumbbell Bench Press: 6x4

50'sx4
60'sx4
70'sx4
80'sx4
90'sx4
95'sx5

Bench Press: 3x8

150x8
170x8
180x8

Powercleans:

It's hard to clean in my gym because there is usually no room and the squat rack was taken. I just did 4x4.

Couldn't do jerks again for above reason.

Abs: Forgot what I did here but it was sufficient.

Cardio: Skipping rope.

Moe Hawk
03-09-10, 1:46 pm
Warm-up: run on treadmill

Squat: 4x5 1x3

I know I did 320x3 last time but I decided to deload.

140x5
190x5
230x5
270x5
290x1 (hit the rack on the way up which pissed me off. Had to reset)
290x2

Leg Press: 4x6

405x6
495x6
595x6
685x6 (no problem)

RDL's: 3x8

155x8
185x8
215x8

Squat Jumps w med ball 3x8

Planks and Bridges

Cardio: Skipping rope for a good 15 minutes

Moe Hawk
03-09-10, 1:50 pm

140x6
160x6
180x6
210x6

Rack Presses:

140x3
190x3
190x3
200x2
200x2
220x1

Dips:

BWx8
BWx7
BWx7

Depth Push-ups btwn 2 benches for 3x8

Lat Pull-downs: 3x8

120x8
160x8
140x8

Cable Rows: 3x8

140x8
160x8
200x6 gah

Abs:

Crunches w 50 pound dumbbell for 3x15-20

Cable crunches for 3x10

Cardio: Running on the treadmill for 4 minutes, walking for 2 minutes.