PDA

View Full Version : Soldier's Creed: Taking it to the Next Level

Soldier
01-04-10, 11:34 am
PART 2

12 weeks from now, my progress will be at such a level that people won't know who I am anymore. Today begins the journey that will take me out of the field of "everyone else", and to true greatness. Plan is the same as the last journey...only more disciplined and focused. Now that I know what it takes to complete this journey, this will be what I crave more than anything in the world.

Today is chest/shoulders/forearms. Diet will be posted later.

Birdman
01-04-10, 11:45 am
hit it hard bro and good luck..subbed

Soldier
01-05-10, 12:51 pm
Had a typo last entry, yesterday was chest and tri's rather than shoulders.

Chest
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Seated Machine Bench: 3 x 12, 10, 8
Standing Cable Crossovers: 3 x 12, 10, 8

Tri's
Standing Tricep Pushdowns: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Seated Tricep Dumbbell Press: 3 x 12, 10, 8
Bench Dips: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6

Forearms
Barbell Wrist Curls: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Side Forearm Raises: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6

Soldier
01-05-10, 12:51 pm
hit it hard bro and good luck..subbed

Thanks alot bro, gonna be hitting it harder than ever.

Birdman
01-05-10, 1:55 pm
thats what i like to hear

Firedrake
01-05-10, 8:23 pm
Make it happen, bro! Count me in for the ride!

Soldier
01-05-10, 11:37 pm
Make it happen, bro! Count me in for the ride!

Glad to have you, bro.

Diet protein sources are mainly egg whites, chicken, lean turkey, and lean ground beef every now and again. Carb sources are oatmeal, whole wheat bread, and brown rice mostly.

Soldier
01-06-10, 11:10 am
Shoulders/Biceps/Calves Today

Shoulders
Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Machine Lateral Raises: 3 x 12, 10, 8
Machine Shoulder Press: 3 x 12, 10, 8

Biceps
Dumbbell Curls: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Preacher Curls: 3 x 12, 10, 8
EZ Bar Curls: 3 x 12, 10, 8

Calves
Seated Calf Raises: 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Standing Dumbbell Calf Raises: 3 x 12, 10, 8

Birdman
01-06-10, 11:46 pm
solid liftin man...are you goin for a bulk or a cut?

Soldier
02-03-10, 2:10 pm
Brothers, I've had a pretty difficult last few weeks. Not only have I been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but have also been barred from using any nutritional supplements with the exception of protein and fish oil only for the time being. Also, I was told to lower the intensity of my workouts. After having not worked out for 2 weeks along with taking no Universal supplements, I trained chest yesterday. 2 weeks ago I was pounding up 80 lb dumbbells for six reps on the dumbbell incline bench press.....yesterday I needed to be spotted doing 70's.

Obviously, you can imagine my levels of frustration right now. Any advice on how to keep my head up during this would be appreciated.

Firedrake
02-03-10, 2:18 pm
Brothers, I've had a pretty difficult last few weeks. Not only have I been diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but have also been barred from using any nutritional supplements with the exception of protein and fish oil only for the time being. Also, I was told to lower the intensity of my workouts. After having not worked out for 2 weeks along with taking no Universal supplements, I trained chest yesterday. 2 weeks ago I was pounding up 80 lb dumbbells for six reps on the dumbbell incline bench press.....yesterday I needed to be spotted doing 70's.

Obviously, you can imagine my levels of frustration right now. Any advice on how to keep my head up during this would be appreciated.

Brother -- take it one day at a time and take care of your health. I had major back surgery in 2007, and it was another YEAR before I could even enter the gym. I had to start back real simple and real slow. Thanks to the support of this crew, I've slowly climbed my way up.

Hell, you're doing better than I am with those incline DBs!

Take it one rep, one set, one day at a time. Find out WHY you have that irregular heartbeat, and get medical advice to get it settled down. THEN find a good sports medicine doctor who understands bodybuilding who can advise you on supplementation and nutrition. Most doctors take maybe ONE nutrition course during medical school, and they certainly don't understand bodybuilding.

Remember, as a consumer of medical services, the doctor works for YOU! If you are dissatisfied with the service, find another doctor!

Birdman
02-03-10, 2:24 pm
Brother -- take it one day at a time and take care of your health. I had major back surgery in 2007, and it was another YEAR before I could even enter the gym. I had to start back real simple and real slow. Thanks to the support of this crew, I've slowly climbed my way up.

Take it one rep, one set, one day at a time. Find out WHY you have that irregular heartbeat, and get medical advice to get it settled down. THEN find a good sports medicine doctor who understands bodybuilding who can advise you on supplementation and nutrition. Most doctors take maybe ONE nutrition course during medical school, and they certainly don't understand bodybuilding.

Remember, as a consumer of medical services, the doctor works for YOU! If you are dissatisfied with the service, find another doctor!

Agreed..

Soldier
02-03-10, 2:27 pm

Will do. Meanwhile, I'll be continuing workouts but obviously won't be lifting quite as much. For now, my supplementation will include a regular multi, fish oil, glutamine, and protein. I was advised to not take creatine and the like until I visit another cardiologist....which is at the end of March. *sigh*

Firedrake
02-03-10, 8:43 pm
Will do. Meanwhile, I'll be continuing workouts but obviously won't be lifting quite as much. For now, my supplementation will include a regular multi, fish oil, glutamine, and protein. I was advised to not take creatine and the like until I visit another cardiologist....which is at the end of March. *sigh*

Do what you can, with what you have . . . you'll get through this. I have faith in a soldier.

Soldier
02-05-10, 3:47 pm
Thanks, bro. I'm pushing ahead.

Soldier
02-10-10, 12:22 pm
Diet is as follows:

Meal 1: 8 egg whites plus 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal (or 2 slices whole grain bread), water, glutamine, fish oil, multi
Meal 2: 5 oz chicken/turkey breast, 1/2 cup oatmeal (or 2 slices whole grain bread), water
Meal 3: 5 oz chicken/turkey breast, 1/2 cup oatmeal (or 2 slices whole grain bread), water (Or on lifting days, post workout protein shake: 8 oz skim milk, 40 grams protein, 2 bananas, glutamine, creatine)
Meal 4: 5 oz chicken/turkey breast, vegetable
Meal 5: 5 oz chicken/turkey breast, vegetable
Meal 6: 5 oz chicken/turkey breast, vegetable

Firedrake
02-10-10, 4:26 pm
Looks like a solid eating plan . . . then again, I'm having an "Oh, no, not another chicken breast!" day . . .

Soldier
03-04-10, 9:44 pm
I hate those, but hey, whatever works. My stomach feels a bit tighter right now, so that's good. Good news on the dumbbell bench press, a few weeks back I needed to be spotted and could barely crank out 4 reps on 70 lb dumbbells, on Monday I had a solid six reps, unspotted, with 80 lb dumbbells.

Firedrake
03-04-10, 9:46 pm
I was wondering where you'd been. Nice to see you again!

Soldier
03-04-10, 9:48 pm
Thanks bro. I've been unbelievably busy lately, really haven't had time to update here. I'll be more consistent in the future.