PDA

View Full Version : New Years Diet

mk53220
01-05-10, 12:55 am
Well like millons of others im looking to lose fat for the new year. A buddie of mine did this a while back to prep for a show, but I want it lose fat for athletics (not a bodybuilder). Here is the diet and acually I will be doing the animal Pak workout Routine #7

breakfast:
4 Whole eggs
1/4c Oats w/ 1 bannana, cinnamon, 2 tbsp of greek yogurt
Multi
Fat Burner

Snack:
Weight gainer w/ Creatine

Lunch:
Steak with a side salad
or
Buffalo chicken salad

Snack:
Regular Protein shake

Dinner:
Weight Gainer

Before bed:
1c of egg whites
or
2 scoops of PB and 2 Scoops of FF Cottage Cheese

What do you think. I weight 197lb trying to get down to 180-185 by mid spring. Should I add a weight gainer or should I just stick with regular protein mixes??

fenix237
01-05-10, 9:57 am
for the most part, I think the foods you have listed are fine- just make sure thet are fitting into your macro profile (C/P/F). i will say a lot of weight gainers out there you're better off without- lot of them are full of cheap fillers- crap! stick with whey and use oats, PB, fruit, etc to make your own MRP

I've never taken it, but Real Gains is supposed to be a great supp to add some mass- if you are trying to lose weight, be careful about taking supps that are designed to pack the pounds on.

there is some debate on whether to take creatine while dieting down- it works by holding intracellular fluid- if want a hard dry look, you may want to reconsider taking it only when you are looking to add some lbs. the shit does work tho, for getting bigger and stronger -MM

The_Legacy
01-05-10, 4:00 pm
if your trying to lose fat you shouldn't really take a mass gainer. just my opinion.

PORTERHOUSE
01-05-10, 4:41 pm
if your trying to lose fat you shouldn't really take a mass gainer. just my opinion.

I agree w. this. I would suggest saving weight gainers for a weight gaining cycle, and if you want the extra carbs that a weight gainer offers, just throw some oats in there. It will save you money and not slow your weight loss.

If it all fits in your macros the way you have it broken down, it should still work, but there are cheaper and more effective ways to loose weight IMO.

Kryptonite
01-05-10, 9:49 pm
I agree w. this. I would suggest saving weight gainers for a weight gaining cycle, and if you want the extra carbs that a weight gainer offers, just throw some oats in there. It will save you money and not slow your weight loss.

If it all fits in your macros the way you have it broken down, it should still work, but there are cheaper and more effective ways to loose weight IMO.

And I agree with this.

Are you even considering a diet based upon (mostly) whole foods? Because that is what I would suggest if you are trying to lose weight.