PDA

View Full Version : Food...

Mr. Dead
01-05-10, 12:47 pm
I'll be on a contest diet, and need to know where the best places to eat would be...

mritter3
01-05-10, 1:26 pm
bring a cooler man....thats what a ton of people do, i think they had a microwave at the cage last year.

Mr. Dead
01-06-10, 4:32 pm
bring a cooler man....thats what a ton of people do, i think they had a microwave at the cage last year.

Tryin' to travel as lightly as I can...

Little Z
01-07-10, 12:17 am

Ill run you to the grocery when you land.. we can share a cooler.. LOL

scals
01-09-10, 9:29 am
I'll be on a contest diet, and need to know where the best places to eat would be...

Me too MD. Got a room with a kitchen if you wanna go shoppin with me, and we can cook it up for the weekend.

Phil800101
01-09-10, 4:02 pm
Yeah, they're really cool about letting people bring stuff into the expo. Our hotel is near a Meijer, so we usually hit that up Thursday night and then bring our food in every day.

eutecticpoint
01-09-10, 5:57 pm

There is a K-rogers(krogers) right down high street(north of expo center), about 20 blocks, I'm not sure COTA would let you take a cooler on the bus though, I'd have to check.

C.Coronato
01-11-10, 2:47 pm
Vinny gave me pointers the last few times since i traveled with food to the Olympia and the Arnold ..

Once you land go to the food store and get the bags of tuna .. pre packaged, pre drained, just eat right out of the bag. Good stuff, light and easy. Powders and shakers as well as single serve microwave rice.

Little Z
01-11-10, 3:04 pm
Vinny gave me pointers the last few times since i traveled with food to the Olympia and the Arnold ..

Once you land go to the food store and get the bags of tuna .. pre packaged, pre drained, just eat right out of the bag. Good stuff, light and easy. Powders and shakers as well as single serve microwave rice.

Great Advice right there...

Mr. Dead
01-14-10, 1:59 pm
Definitely appreciate all the advice in here... I don't get out much, can ya tell...??? *LOL*

Mr. Dead
02-12-10, 1:55 pm
Now, I only need to be able to resist all the wonderful temptations that are going to be there... *LOL*

mritter3
02-12-10, 2:00 pm
Now, I only need to be able to resist all the wonderful temptations that are going to be there... *LOL*

good luck with that one mr. dead...lol

Mr. Dead
02-12-10, 2:03 pm
good luck with that one mr. dead...lol

Well... If I can resisit it, when my wife eats strawberry shortcake right in front of me, then my odds can't be too bad... Not to mention that Rage will be there, too... *LOL*

T. Kemble
02-12-10, 2:11 pm
It is in moments like this I am glad to be a powerlifter.

Little Z
02-12-10, 2:30 pm
Well... If I can resisit it, when my wife eats strawberry shortcake right in front of me, then my odds can't be too bad... Not to mention that Rage will be there, too... *LOL*

did you know i was given the job of watching over you the entire weekend.. to make sure you dont try to be sneaky?.. ive got eyes everywhere my friend..

EVERYWHERE... haha

Fury317
02-12-10, 2:43 pm

Dont worry, resisting the "treats" at the expo is easy when you look at the prices.

bodybabe10
02-12-10, 2:45 pm
There is a mediterranean place at North Market which is across the street from the convention center on the High street side. It's called Firdous Express. It is awesome and the owner is a bodybuilder so everything is fresh and clean. We killed the salads there last year while on our contest prep. We also brought a cooler which carried our egg whites (boiled) and tilapia so hope this helps.

Mr. Dead
02-12-10, 3:12 pm

I'd love to try the powerlifting diet, instead of this tilapia and rice I'm currently choking down... *LOL*

did you know i was given the job of watching over you the entire weekend.. to make sure you dont try to be sneaky?.. ive got eyes everywhere my friend..

EVERYWHERE... haha

*LOL* Not in the bathroom stall...

Dont worry, resisting the "treats" at the expo is easy when you look at the prices.

Too true... I worked the Emerald Cup, with Rage, last year, and was floored by the prices, just at that...

There is a mediterranean place at North Market which is across the street from the convention center on the High street side. It's called Firdous Express. It is awesome and the owner is a bodybuilder so everything is fresh and clean. We killed the salads there last year while on our contest prep. We also brought a cooler which carried our egg whites (boiled) and tilapia so hope this helps.

Awesome info!!! Thanks!!!

HIGA MONSTER
02-12-10, 4:34 pm

No kidding...I second that. I'm glad to be a Strongman.

Dead,
I will try to not to eat excessively in front of you! LOL Just hold me back from any good sushi places around there. Or, White Castles. :)

HIGA MONSTER

LayzieBone085
02-12-10, 4:39 pm

Bring a George Foreman to your hotel room, cook chicken in bulk, bring with you in a cooler.
Eat oats raw with water, or eat rice cold (pre-cooked in room) or pre cook your oats in your room, and just eat them cold.

Or dont worry about eating, because we are going to bury you in the cage this year.. you forgot :)?

Mr. Dead
02-12-10, 5:13 pm
No kidding...I second that. I'm glad to be a Strongman.

Dead,
I will try to not to eat excessively in front of you! LOL Just hold me back from any good sushi places around there. Or, White Castles. :)

HIGA MONSTER

*LOL* Dude... You know how long it's been since I had White Castle...??? And, as far as sushi... When I'm in bulking mode will have to hit up a sushi bar, together... I can do some damage...

Bring a George Foreman to your hotel room, cook chicken in bulk, bring with you in a cooler.
Eat oats raw with water, or eat rice cold (pre-cooked in room) or pre cook your oats in your room, and just eat them cold.

Or dont worry about eating, because we are going to bury you in the cage this year.. you forgot :)?

Meh... I'm used to cold food... Still better than some of the MRE's I had to choke down, when I was on active duty... And, BTW... For me to be buried, there has to be a "Casket Match"...

smoothballer
02-12-10, 5:55 pm
This is a great thread.

I started a clean bulk with Rage's guidance. I was a little concerned on how I should get in my many meals for the weekend. I am allowed a cheat meal or 2...not a cheat weekend. I will do my best. I am gonna bring down some already cooked chicken (got a hotel with a fridge and kitchen) and some of those Uncle Ben's 90 sec Brown Rice packs.

bodybabe10
02-12-10, 7:59 pm
*LOL* Dude... You know how long it's been since I had White Castle...??? And, as far as sushi... When I'm in bulking mode will have to hit up a sushi bar, together... I can do some damage...

Meh... I'm used to cold food... Still better than some of the MRE's I had to choke down, when I was on active duty... And, BTW... For me to be buried, there has to be a "Casket Match"...

Bodybuilding has definitely taught me how to eat my food cold and plain when necessary. By the way when we cooked the fish to bring last year, we left it on the broiler a little longer so it was slightly hard and crunchy, put them in baggies and ate them like jerky...LOL!

Mr. Dead
02-13-10, 1:24 am
Bodybuilding has definitely taught me how to eat my food cold and plain when necessary. By the way when we cooked the fish to bring last year, we left it on the broiler a little longer so it was slightly hard and crunchy, put them in baggies and ate them like jerky...LOL!

*LOL* Definitely some great stuff, there!!!

LayzieBone085
02-13-10, 8:53 am

Honestly, Chicken in Bulk, Cook up rice in your room in the microwave, and you can make oats in the morning with hard boiled eggs (Bring the eggs with you and store in fridge) (following rages cutting diet i know thats his first meal) Should not be bad at all. Just bring a nice little cooler to keep in the cage, and your set. You can have some Iso-Whey shakes on hand if you want or get from the box.

belladiabla13
02-21-10, 2:03 am

Chuck never diets with me. It is harder when someone in your house eats lots of junk! I sympathize.

naturalguy
02-21-10, 8:37 am
This sounds pretty stressful deadman, tell you what, I will buy you a couple of slices of pizza in Ohio to take the edge off

deanna7272
02-21-10, 10:45 am

Tilapia Jerky = You two are just plain crazy...lol

Mr. Dead
02-21-10, 1:05 pm
This sounds pretty stressful deadman, tell you what, I will buy you a couple of slices of pizza in Ohio to take the edge off

*LMAO!!!* That will equal an ungodly amount of torture from Rage... (Might be worth it...)

BigAnt
02-24-10, 11:02 pm
http://thethurmancafe.com/

Seems like a pretty cool place to eat at...If your not dieting for a show !

Mr. Dead
02-24-10, 11:23 pm

*Drool...* Unfortunately I'm prepping for a show in May, and Rage will kill me if I cheat... Otherwise that Thurmanator would be going down... Plus a milkshake...

bodybabe10
02-25-10, 12:12 am
Tilapia Jerky = You two are just plain crazy...lol

LOL...the NUTS JOBS from Cincy as B would call us!

jjhoffard (Jim) is looking for peeps to go with him to take on the Thurmanator...any takers?

D-NUTZ
02-25-10, 7:40 am
You can bet ill be bring my cooler! 8 Days!

BigAnt
02-25-10, 10:13 pm
LOL...the NUTS JOBS from Cincy as B would call us!

jjhoffard (Jim) is looking for peeps to go with him to take on the Thurmanator...any takers?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am down with this colossal burger feast!

PIJW
02-25-10, 10:47 pm
Interesting thread, looks like mrdead is gonna be dead with all the food. hope rage has fun breaking him

Mr. Dead
02-26-10, 10:59 am
Interesting thread, looks like mrdead is gonna be dead with all the food. hope rage has fun breaking him

Not gonna happen... 4th year of competing... Rage says... I do... Keeps things simple...