PDA

View Full Version : First cut ever

Chico
01-05-10, 4:59 pm
Ok guys so i have never done a cut before mostly i would just work out to get big and add mass. I like doing that because i feel huge but now i am at a point where i think i need to cut. Since college started i have gotten up to my previous weight of about 195. I put on about 12 pounds that i had lost over the summer and senior year due to drinking and drugs. I am done with that now i feel that there is no need to do it so i have to decided to cut and show my hard work. I really dont know exactly what to do so all help is greatly appreciated.

First off my stats are

19 years old
195ish
5'7"

I am going to follow the workout routine 10

So far my diet which i will need help with will roughly look like this

Breakfast
Protein shake w/ 1/2 cup egg whites
1/2 cup oatmeal
Uni liver
Animal Pak

Snack
nuts or beef jerky(which would you recommend?)
Uni Liver

Lunch
Chicken/turkey/tuna sandwich(varying every day or so)
Sandwich on two pieces of wheat bread with lite mayo/cheese
cup of rice
Green salad w/ little italian dressing
Uni liver

Snack
nuts or jerky(dont know what snacks to have on a cut)

Pre-workout
1 scoop protein in water
Apple or Banana
(Uni liver? would it be good to take before i workout for extra nutrition since im cutting?)

Post-workout
2 scoops protein(whey/casein)
What carbs should i eat? If i workout later at night should i skip carbs?)

Dinner
Another sandwich or some type of chicken or fish that i can get from college or store

Bedtime
Either 1 scoop protein(casein) should it be in water or milk
OR cottage cheese

Ok i know that this diet probably needs to be changed so go ahead criticize i need it and want it

thanks CHICO

Max-Angle
01-05-10, 5:25 pm
first off avoid milk on a cut, take that out and replace it with water for cuts, milk is for bulking. Avoid carbs after 6pm, that helps to lose weight, when you do weight yourself to see your progress throughout do it right when you wake up because thats when your body hasn't had any food weight and etc. nuts or fruit would be good for snacking, veggies, beef jerky would not be good because of the sodium content, oatmeal would also be good for snacking.

through in alot of cardio but if you want to keep muscle continue weightlifting, what actually may be a good idea and i've thought about doing when i start my cut in spring or summer is to eat the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight (all healthy) and then just do balls to the walls weightlifting and a bunch of cardio, not like 5hrs a day, where not talking about that but 1hr-1hr 30min a day would do nicely, you can do step aerobics if finding the place and time is a problem, i have a routine if you need it that i use now and then, really gets ya sweating.

look at your labels, look at your labels, keep that in mind, look at how much fat and sodium is in things, on a diet you still need to keep your protein up to maintain your muscle, hope this helps.

also drink at least a gallon of water throughout the day, each day.

Chico
01-05-10, 5:32 pm
ok i will make sure i check everything and ya i was going to throw in a good amount of cardio but you said you had a program to use if i was short on time...do you mind posting it

Thanks

Max-Angle
01-05-10, 5:50 pm
its not really a program persay, its a number of excersises that you keep doing over and over again in any fashion you fancy for an hour, half an hour whatever you want but all you need is a chair and light dumbells if you want.

put a chair in a sturdy place that doesn't make too much noise, turn on some music if you want to pass the time.

start going up and down on the chair at a decent pace, do this for 2-5min

do a couple reps of BW (body weight) squats

then do as many arm circles as you can pump out forward and just as your getting tired do them backwards (silly gym excersise you thought haha)

do BW lunges for a few minutes

do the movement like your doing military presses for a few reps, move onto deadlift motions, chest flye motion, then the ball buster of the movements shrugs while your doing calf raises, do this until exaustion

walk in place for few minutes to cool down, after few minutes start lifting your legs up as far as you can while moving your arms to the leg(s) for few minutes

this is a really good thing to do for cardio 1-10, 10-1 push ups

thats 20 sets increase rep each time for each set meaning 1 set of 1, stop for few seconds, 1 set of 2 reps and repeat, do this until you reach number ten, stop for 5-7 seconds and then next 10-1, do 10 reps, then 9, 8, 7 you get the idea right? after this do few more minutes or chair step aerobics and complete workout, if you still have time do the movements and walking in place, hell through in another 1-10, 10-1, point is it will get you sweating pretty good.

Kryptonite
01-05-10, 10:03 pm
I suggest following this meal plan:

Meal 1: 8 egg whites with spinach and mushrooms, 1/2 cup oatmeal.
Meal 2: 8 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1 serving green beans (85g).
Meal 3: 8 oz chicken breast, 8 oz yams, 1 serving spinach (85g).
Meal 4/PWO: ~6 oz tuna (or 8 oz of cod/tilapia) , 8 oz potatoes, 1 serving lettuce (85g).
Meal 5: 8 oz chicken breast, 8 oz yams, 1 serving spinach (85g).
Meal 6: protein powder (low carb, ~50g protein), 24 almonds.

Add in your supplements wherever you see fit, follow your routine (strictly, don't skip days), do cardio as much as possible, but do not do it on leg day.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask, I'll be happy to help you out.

Chico
01-06-10, 7:56 pm
thanks i will def try to do that diet except i might have a problem since im at college and i wont be able to cook chicken anywhere. Do you know of any ways i can do that and make this diet work? thanks for the help.

CHICO

Kryptonite
01-06-10, 10:55 pm
thanks i will def try to do that diet except i might have a problem since im at college and i wont be able to cook chicken anywhere. Do you know of any ways i can do that and make this diet work? thanks for the help.

CHICO

Of course! George Foreman grill, bro. That and a microwave is all you need.

Cook 3 days in advance, that's usually what works the best for me. If you don't have enough time to grill up some chicken, you can substitute it for canned chicken breast. But I suggest eating it fresh cooked.

SeaDisWon?
01-06-10, 11:05 pm
I suggest following this meal plan:

Meal 1: 8 egg whites with spinach and mushrooms, 1/2 cup oatmeal.
Meal 2: 8 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup brown rice, 1 serving green beans (85g).
Meal 3: 8 oz chicken breast, 8 oz yams, 1 serving spinach (85g).
Meal 4/PWO: ~6 oz tuna (or 8 oz of cod/tilapia) , 8 oz potatoes, 1 serving lettuce (85g).
Meal 5: 8 oz chicken breast, 8 oz yams, 1 serving spinach (85g).
Meal 6: protein powder (low carb, ~50g protein), 24 almonds.

Add in your supplements wherever you see fit, follow your routine (strictly, don't skip days), do cardio as much as possible, but do not do it on leg day.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask, I'll be happy to help you out.

Do u vary carb intake?

Like 3 days low carb (150 g - 180 g) then cycle one day high (300g to 350) to keep your body guessing?
Ive read in multiple places this method is quite effective...

DEADn
01-07-10, 10:55 pm
I am on the heels of this post as well. Looking to cut for the first time ever only I am 40 yrs old and just weighing myself tonight I am 222. I just did a workout last night for the first time since early December. I took some creatine before the workout.

When losing some bodyfat should creatine be cut out? Also, in doing cardio isn't it a good idea to take in some BCAA's so that the muscle doesn't burn off with fat? THe main area I Need to lost weight in is the stomach which I will be doing some sit ups as well as cardio.
Trying to keep to very low carbs after 6pm. Not always easy when I have a filipina wife.
I thought about throwing in Animal Cuts into this mix to see if it will help my progress.

Kryptonite
01-07-10, 11:16 pm
I am on the heels of this post as well. Looking to cut for the first time ever only I am 40 yrs old and just weighing myself tonight I am 222. I just did a workout last night for the first time since early December. I took some creatine before the workout.

When losing some bodyfat should creatine be cut out? Also, in doing cardio isn't it a good idea to take in some BCAA's so that the muscle doesn't burn off with fat? THe main area I Need to lost weight in is the stomach which I will be doing some sit ups as well as cardio.
Trying to keep to very low carbs after 6pm. Not always easy when I have a filipina wife.
I thought about throwing in Animal Cuts into this mix to see if it will help my progress.

Creatine and BCAAs will help you gain and maintain muscle mass. They're both fine. Though I would not use creatine if I just started lifting. Nor when I'm trying to lose weight due to the fact you will need to drink large amounts of water (about a gallon per day) and it will make you retain excess water. You will gain water weight (Not bodyfat.). Make sure you take a daily multi-vitamin, that's important, especially when dieting.

If you want to try it out, follow the dietary routine I've posted here. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Chico
01-07-10, 11:32 pm
i will try the microwave idea thanks. And as for the carb cycle i am not trying right now but if i dont see the results that im looking for after a few weeks i might start the carb cycling.

CHICO

Chico
01-08-10, 2:57 am
Also just wanted to get everybodys thoughts on this...would it be an overkill to take a table spoon or two on some smart balance natural peanut butter before bed with my casein shake? It has omega-3's and i was just wondering. If not im gunna pick up a can of animal omega tomorrow and just take that before bed.

CHICO

felice91
01-08-10, 4:04 am
In my point of view, take the almonds out and replace it with natural peanut butter

As for the dosage
24 almonds got 125 calories coming from fat
2tbsp natural peanut butter got 144

so i think you need to get like 1 3/4 of tbsp

correct me if i'm wrong, i'm no nutritionist.

DEADn
01-08-10, 7:27 am
Creatine and BCAAs will help you gain and maintain muscle mass. They're both fine. Though I would not use creatine if I just started lifting. Nor when I'm trying to lose weight due to the fact you will need to drink large amounts of water (about a gallon per day) and it will make you retain excess water. You will gain water weight (Not bodyfat.). Make sure you take a daily multi-vitamin, that's important, especially when dieting.

If you want to try it out, follow the dietary routine I've posted here. Any other questions, feel free to ask.

I do have some Animal pak for my multi. I am not to concerned about weight in general to lose. It is bodyfat that I am looking to lose. Last time I was measured it was 25%. The majority of that is around the belly area. I am doing some psyillium husks in the evening to flush out the junk in my system as well. I will stay away from creatine for now and see what happens.

Kryptonite
01-08-10, 9:42 pm
In my point of view, take the almonds out and replace it with natural peanut butter

As for the dosage
24 almonds got 125 calories coming from fat
2tbsp natural peanut butter got 144

so i think you need to get like 1 3/4 of tbsp

correct me if i'm wrong, i'm no nutritionist.

Almonds are known to be healthier. (This is not pertaining to the amount of calories.)

24 almonds (28g) is ~150 calories, ~120 from fat.
2 tbsp (32g) of peanut butter is ~200 calories, ~140 from fat.

Kryptonite
01-08-10, 9:46 pm
i will try the microwave idea thanks. And as for the carb cycle i am not trying right now but if i dont see the results that im looking for after a few weeks i might start the carb cycling.

CHICO

I never recommend carb cycling, but if you think it may work for you, I'm not stopping you.

Also just wanted to get everybodys thoughts on this...would it be an overkill to take a table spoon or two on some smart balance natural peanut butter before bed with my casein shake? It has omega-3's and i was just wondering. If not im gunna pick up a can of animal omega tomorrow and just take that before bed.

CHICO

Switch the almonds with 2 tbsp of peanut butter, that's fine. I, personally, prefer almonds.

Kryptonite
01-08-10, 9:48 pm
I do have some Animal pak for my multi. I am not to concerned about weight in general to lose. It is bodyfat that I am looking to lose. Last time I was measured it was 25%. The majority of that is around the belly area. I am doing some psyillium husks in the evening to flush out the junk in my system as well. I will stay away from creatine for now and see what happens.

Proper diet is the best factor when looking to lose bodyfat.

Chico
01-08-10, 10:17 pm
i will switch off for the almonds and peanut butter every few days to give me variety and was also wondering since natural sterol complex is full of anabolic ingredients would it be ok to take while cutting? I think that since it would help get all the nutrients to my muscles and give me the intensity that i would lose with the little calories that i am taking in. Any thoughts on this?

CHICO

Kryptonite
01-08-10, 11:36 pm
i will switch off for the almonds and peanut butter every few days to give me variety and was also wondering since natural sterol complex is full of anabolic ingredients would it be ok to take while cutting? I think that since it would help get all the nutrients to my muscles and give me the intensity that i would lose with the little calories that i am taking in. Any thoughts on this?

CHICO

Hey, man. The supplements are your call. But if you're just starting off, I suggest you stay away from pretty much everything except protein powder, a multi-vitamin, and maybe an amino acid complex. That will be enough to get you started and when your gains slow down you can begin supplementing your diet with the extras.

Chico
01-09-10, 12:19 am
ok i will right now i have animal pak, nitro, eaa stack and fish oils along with plenty of protein

Kryptonite
01-09-10, 8:45 am
ok i will right now i have animal pak, nitro, eaa stack and fish oils along with plenty of protein

That sounds fine to me. Good luck with all of your goals, bro. I'm looking forward to you coming back and asking the Animals how to run a proper bulk diet.

Max-Angle
01-09-10, 10:26 am
bulk diets are always fun, see how much food you can shove down your throat before the day ends ;-), healthy food of course not wendys 8 meals a day

PORTERHOUSE
01-09-10, 11:29 am
[QUOTE=Kryptonite;878569]I never recommend carb cycling, but if you think it may work for you, I'm not stopping you.

Except that if you have only one diet and carry it on without change for too long your metabolism will become sluggish.

Its never a bad idea to have a higher carb day worked in at least every now and then to boost your metabolism.

Kryptonite
01-09-10, 11:58 am
[QUOTE=Kryptonite;878569]I never recommend carb cycling, but if you think it may work for you, I'm not stopping you.

Except that if you have only one diet and carry it on without change for too long your metabolism will become sluggish.

Its never a bad idea to have a higher carb day worked in at least every now and then to boost your metabolism.

Of course not.

After the second week you should incorporate one cheat day per week.

Chico
01-09-10, 1:57 pm
Ok guys thanks a bunch...i feel pretty good right now with my diet so far. I love bulks by the way the are so fun because i love eating like everyone else haha

Chico
01-09-10, 2:26 pm
Ok i have another question. For strictly cardio days should i still eat an apple and have a protein shake before my cardio? Also i drink a serving of eaa stack and take eaa nitro after. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

CHICO

Max-Angle
01-09-10, 3:20 pm
for weightloss never eat a couple hours before cardio

Pizzalamp
01-09-10, 3:41 pm
Ok i have another question. For strictly cardio days should i still eat an apple and have a protein shake before my cardio? Also i drink a serving of eaa stack and take eaa nitro after. Any help would be greatly apprectiated.

CHICO

i like doing cardio right in the monring w just some aminos before hand
or right after my workout-then i eat or have my shake after

if u eat right before the cardio you might end up just burning the food u ate

Chico
01-09-10, 4:52 pm
ok so i missed doing it today before i ate anything in the morning but so your saying just go in and do my cardio today and just take aminos? And as for the rest of my strict cardio days i will do cardio as soon as i get up with just aminos in me

bassmonkey16
01-09-10, 8:19 pm
both the diet you gave us and the one provided to you by one of the members here look very good for a first cut. do make sure you consume some carbs after your workout, even if it is in the evening, just don't overdo it. those carbs aren't going to be stored as fat when you go to sleep, more likely they'll just replenish your glycogen stores provided you don't overdo the quantity of carbs.
as for cardio, i'm not a fan of morning cardio, but everyone is different. right now i'm getting ready for my second show, i ussally wrap up every other workout with 15 minutes of interval cardio. with my experience, i find high intensity cardio over a short period of time to be more effective than low intensity over a long period of time. again, every person is different, so you'll have to find out what works for you

you never mentioned a target weight and date for that goal, so i'll assume you're just getting in shape for summer eh? if so, you have a lot of time to experiment and find what works for you. try something for a minimum of two weeks to see if it is working effectively. if so, keep with it until progress slows, if not, make the appropriate adjustments or try something new.

don't give up man. It'll be worth every craving you suffer

Pizzalamp
01-09-10, 8:44 pm
ok so i missed doing it today before i ate anything in the morning but so your saying just go in and do my cardio today and just take aminos? And as for the rest of my strict cardio days i will do cardio as soon as i get up with just aminos in me

what im saying is if u have weights today, finish you last set then do your cardio...have some aminos before if u want, then have your post workout shake/meal after

if youre just doing cardio only, id probably weight 2.5 hours after my last meal, then sip some aminos, then do my cardio

thats how id do it anyway and it worked well for me!

good luck

Chico
01-09-10, 9:27 pm
Ok thanks for all the input everyone. I really have no goal in time right now im just trying to cut and see what i can come up with after about two months. Also my weight that i am trying to reach is probably 10-15 pounds lighter but i just want to lose fat so thats my real goal. As for the pre workout i did what you said and just put some aminos in a jug and sipped it while i was doing cardio...then when i got back to my room i put down a pack of animal nitro for some extra amino. Do you think that is an overkill of EAA's? Or is it better to have more to preserve muscle since im cutting?

Pizzalamp
01-09-10, 9:35 pm
Ok thanks for all the input everyone. I really have no goal in time right now im just trying to cut and see what i can come up with after about two months. Also my weight that i am trying to reach is probably 10-15 pounds lighter but i just want to lose fat so thats my real goal. As for the pre workout i did what you said and just put some aminos in a jug and sipped it while i was doing cardio...then when i got back to my room i put down a pack of animal nitro for some extra amino. Do you think that is an overkill of EAA's? Or is it better to have more to preserve muscle since im cutting?

sounds good to me

Chico
01-10-10, 12:10 am
ok and one thing that is hard for me is to eat tuna or fish plain. What types of things do you guys use to spice up your meals?

Kryptonite
01-10-10, 10:38 am
ok and one thing that is hard for me is to eat tuna or fish plain. What types of things do you guys use to spice up your meals?

French's yellow mustard and Frank's red hot sauce. Those are the only two products I trust. The less ingredients the better.

Chico
01-10-10, 1:17 pm
ok thank you i will have to try that i mean plain tuna is good but over and over and over it gets boring haha

Kryptonite
01-10-10, 11:26 pm
ok thank you i will have to try that i mean plain tuna is good but over and over and over it gets boring haha

Haha, damn straight, bro. I've been eating it for 6 months and couldn't imagine eating it without being soaked in olive oil and vinegar on top of a plate full of romaine lettuce.

Chico
01-11-10, 1:22 am
haha o man that sounds really good i might have to try that some time

Chico
01-11-10, 9:55 am
Ok guys well so far so good with following this diet. I have lost a good 4 or 5 pounds so far. I am really liking this and since i have really cleaned up my diet i am feeling better overall. I just want to give you all a big thanks since at first i was nervous about posting. You guys really helped and when i get some more updates i will surly post them up.

CHICO

Chico
01-11-10, 4:38 pm
Also i have a question about the cheat meal that i am gunna have at the end of this week sometime. What parameters should i use to choose what i will eat? Do i just feast on anything for one meal or do i just eat something thats a little higher in calories or carbs and fat

Max-Angle
01-11-10, 4:52 pm
Also i have a question about the cheat meal that i am gunna have at the end of this week sometime. What parameters should i use to choose what i will eat? Do i just feast on anything for one meal or do i just eat something thats a little higher in calories or carbs and fat

cheat meals are a food you like that you cant usually eat on your cutting diet

Kryptonite
01-11-10, 5:02 pm

Skip your first cheat meal. Let your body get into the diet. Start cheating the second week. But when your cheat day does come you can either eat a little dirty throughout the day (Example: pasta and and a steak 6x) or take 30 minutes of your day and eat really dirty within those 30 minutes (Example: Two double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a milkshake.) and continue the rest of your meals as you would on your regular diet. It's up to you.

Chico
01-11-10, 11:38 pm
ok i will try it towards the end of the week. thanks for the input guys.

Chico
01-13-10, 5:23 pm
ok guys i have a question. On this new diet i am always waking up and having problems with it cause i am so tired. Are there any other things that i can do to get myself more awake? i am trying to do it without adding anymore food to my diet because i am seeing good results. I also get about 7-8 hours of sleep a day.

CHICO

msktyshha
01-13-10, 5:45 pm
good old caffeine pills 0 calories

Kryptonite
01-13-10, 7:29 pm
ok guys i have a question. On this new diet i am always waking up and having problems with it cause i am so tired. Are there any other things that i can do to get myself more awake? i am trying to do it without adding anymore food to my diet because i am seeing good results. I also get about 7-8 hours of sleep a day.

CHICO

You're cutting. You're not tired, you're drained. You just started. You'll get used to it... If you're 100% sure this isn't the problem try drinking black coffee, green tea, or both throughout the day.

Max-Angle
01-13-10, 8:26 pm
gotta love a good cup of joe with a little sugar sprinkled in

Chico
01-14-10, 3:48 pm
ok i really have no taste for coffee but do you think that the kwik energy from universal would do good as well

msktyshha
01-14-10, 11:38 pm
dude try caffeine pills, they are tasteless, calorieless. you dont have to worry about sugar calories and all that bullshittt. and caffeine pills work my man. most pills come in 200mg caffeine. so take half of that pill two times a day to avoid crash.

Chico
01-15-10, 1:19 am
ok i will and ya i know its just me gettin used to it haha i will man that shit up and do work thanks boys

CHICO

Chico
01-17-10, 2:44 pm
Ok everybody just a little update so far. Im down about 5 pounds(its almost exactly 5 but off by like .3) and i see myself in the mirror and i bet its just my mind but i feel like im skinnier. One thing that i can say is that my jeans fit without a struggle to get them on around the thighs which really makes me happy. I like what i see so i will continue this cut.
Thanks again everyone.

CHICO

Max-Angle
01-17-10, 2:54 pm
i can't wait for my cut experience haha when i want to gain wait i lose weight and when i want to lose weight i gain weight, the teen body is a puzzling concept

Chico
01-17-10, 2:58 pm
haha ya i know