PDA

View Full Version : My Journey: The Pain Of Progress?

Ardent
01-05-10, 5:42 pm
I have been Journeying for awhile now and am ready to start sharing it. I feel that this will be motivating and fun. In this thread i will include my training, supplements, nutrition, and thoughts rather then going back and fourth from "the life" section. I will also post progress pics as i feel comfortable with to keep myself going and motivated. Size and strength has come easy for me but cutting, there's the challenge for me. It takes much discipline and commitment and im ready.
The goal, get down to 7-10% BF while maintaining size and strength. After I reach around 7% I will assess and bulk or continue to cut and perhaps have a go at an amateur competition. I have been lifting the majority of my adult life but have gotten very serious over the past year and a half and now it consumes the majority of my life. As I said in my Iron Bars writing (http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29101) "It's my religion" haha. Anyways im glad I have some like minded people to share my journey with who can encourage me in my journey and bounce knowledge and wisdom back and fourth with. I aim to be hard, dry, vascular and shredded and this is my journey down the road of BB. Some might call it the pain of progress i just call it the joy of iron.

Stats:
5'9/ 204 pounds/ BF% 14.9

Supplements:
Animal Pak/ Animal Omega/ Animal Cuts/ UniLiver/IsoPure 0 carb protein/ Chromium/ Milk Thistle.

Diet:
Anabolic diet, having my go at staying keto without the carb loading, 10-20 grams of carbs per day. Staying around 10 usually, After melting away the fat i will play with carb loading to maintain muscle mass and strength, see what best fits my body.

Nothing to it but to do, and so the Journey begins brethren.

Ardent
01-05-10, 8:06 pm
Training.
I used to do various routines i would find but for the last few months i have been training by instinct if you will. For example when i go in knowing im doing chest ill go do for exercises 3-4 working sets a piece not counting warm ups. So ill do around 16-20 sets for big muscles and 12-26 for smaller ones depending on the split. Reps range from 10-12 on average for size and strength maintenance. do change it up ill pyramid up and down from 15,12,10,8,15 for fast and slow twitch . about once a month ill lift heavy and do 4-8 reps with the basics: Squats, Deadlifts, Bench

As of now i started doing wrath's split and for no reason in particular other than i need to push myself and stick to a high intensity routine for 4 weeks before i change it up and see the results yielded. So as of now 5 days a week intense weight training and low intensity or hiit training for cardio 5 days a week for 30 min. Ill do cardio twice a day 2-3 days a week when time is available with abs.

Im sure were all pretty familiar with wraths split the only thing i changed up today on back day was i added single arm hammer strength heavy low rows instead of bent rows. just wasnt feeling the bent. i also did 4 sets of back extensions at the end to polish the back off. So in jest im stickin to the split routine but making it my own. Eventually i think it would benefit me to do some powerlifting, i never have before and i think my physique would benefit greatly from it, really shock the system.

Also just got my new shipment of animal omega and paks in the mail today, always an exciting day! its like christmas once a month when i order supps =).

Diet today high protein high fat and cut back calories, once again im visually cutting back but here in the near future its gonna be time to really start weighing meats and keeping a written log of calories and what not. i don't really record my weight i put up as i said i don't power-lift. hopefully one of these days i can get together with another animal who power lifts to school me in PLing and get some good workouts in. I thats it for today

Stay Animal.

Ardent
01-07-10, 8:08 am
6:00 AM-30 minutes Cardio (bike) followed by weighted ABS.
Got home had some Whole eggs and bacon and washed it down with a Animal Pak, Animal Omega, A few Uni-Liver, 1 Alpha Lipoic Acid, 1 Milk Thistle, and 1 Chromium. Mmmmmm mmmm. Later today Cardio Legs, light Abs. Not following the split as i should, I didn't take Wdnesday off so if i do weights it'll be 4 days no rest but if i do legs ill take tomorrow off hit it again Saturday and take Sun off. A good 5 day split, feelin it out Animal.

Ardent
01-10-10, 12:42 pm
Not keepin up to well with this journey writing but eh ill do what i do when i can do it. Today goin to fuck up the legs. I want to crawl out of the gym pukeing.

Ardent
01-23-10, 1:48 pm
Been hittin the gym hard not stickin to a split in particular. Im learning that with the anabolic diet certian things work better at certian times in the week. Nothing better than a weekend carb load and hitting the gym on Monday. The pump is fantastic and it feels like the best workout iv had every time, its almost euphoric. Keepin it Animal.

At this point it seems knowledge is everything. the more i learn the more my lifting nutrition and supplementation change. Its almost like being a scientist haha. Its funny after over a month of the anabolic diet my body has transformed dramatically, change seems to always shock the body into extreme growth and development. The one thing i know now is that I know nothing. Continue to learn, eat and train!