PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder day!

GUNS
01-08-10, 1:36 am
Ok, read a few Animal articles and decided to write my Journey post a little different and thought I would share. Hope you enjoy!

Ok, so you want to change up your shoulder routine. You want your delts to swell up like bowling balls. You want your traps touching your ears. See if you can hang.

We're gonna start out with a little bit of a power move, something easy on your joints, but something that will add some serious size to that so called yoke of yours. Seated DB presses. Grab about 50% of your max set, for me it was 50lb DB's. Press out a good 10 of those to start the blood flowing. Let's kick that warm up set a little with some 65's for another 10. That blood ought to be starting to fill up those little baseballs of yours by now. Time to grab some big boy toys now. Grab ahold of some 85's, yeah, that's your first set, pump out 10 of those bad boys. Easy day right! Starting to get the sweat flowing and feeling that pump. You ain't even close to done yet. Take a good drink, time for another set. Time to grab those 100's. The ones you've had your eyes on. For most those things just sit there and collect dust, your the one who keeps em clean though. If you got the balls to even get them up to shoulder level, pump out a good 8-10, today, it's 9 for me. This one was a kick in the pants, but grab some water and get ready for another, pressing those 100's out for another 6 drop set with some 65's for 10.

You ready to crawl out the door yet, those shoulders feel as heavy as those 100's did. Time to step up little man! Time to burn those delts even more. 21's my friend. 7 front, 7 side and 7 rear laterals. That's right. 3 sets of those bad boys. Today I grabbed some 30/35/65's. After these fuckers, there is not enough room in the gym for you, your delts and anyone else in there. They should be filling up the room their so huge, swole with blood. Everyone is stairing at you in amazement on how wide, thick and massive your delts are. Your shirt is almost splitting at the seems.

Time to work that yoke just a little more. Shrug'in time my friend. And we're using nothing but DB's today. That's right, we're running the rack. 10 reps for each Db, starting with 100's, then moving down the rack with no rest, using 85, 70, 50, 40, 35, 25, and finally some 20's. Bringing those delts all the way up to your ears. Yeah, that's right, 80 reps. Can't handle it, well your gonna have to do one more set. Those things should be on fire by now and just massive.

Before you go running to mommy, one more thing. Grab those 100's again. Have your buddy time you holding those fucks for 1 full minute. It's just one minute. Completely relax those traps and let those slabs hang, fully stretching them. You should feel it from your ears, all the way to your delts. You think 1 minute is not long, wait till that 20 second mark hits, you'll start shaking like a scared little school girl. 30 seconds, your wishing you were somewhere else, 40 seconds, 50 seconds, one minute. Now you feel like your dragging your knuckles on the flood as you walk out that door to go feed those slabs you just tortured.

So don't be scared of high reps, make those fuckers suffer.

NaturalTrainee
01-08-10, 2:52 am
Ok, you're a star now.

squattingtillipuke
01-08-10, 8:05 am
Like it!!!

Natural - not sure if that is a shot at him or not but we all have the opportunity to use this venue to post our thoughts and motivations. Ya don't like it fine move on to something else, but I don't think that it's right to make snide comments about other's shit bro.

BTW, Guns once again thanks for doing what your doing brother...we all appreciate your dedication to our country!!!

GUNS
01-08-10, 10:15 am
Like it!!!

Natural - not sure if that is a shot at him or not but we all have the opportunity to use this venue to post our thoughts and motivations. Ya don't like it fine move on to something else, but I don't think that it's right to make snide comments about other's shit bro.

BTW, Guns once again thanks for doing what your doing brother...we all appreciate your dedication to our country!!!

Thanks, not sure about the first comment either. But oh well, to each his own. Felt like writing it down a little diff yesterday. The animal Pro's inspired me to write my own little story. Just trying to put out a little motivation and fun. 21 years doing this job, they are going to have to kick me out. I am here for you and everyother American. I love this shit!

hemmy086
01-08-10, 10:45 am
Badass workout. Im training shoulders tonight, think I may just use this.

Goliathus
01-08-10, 12:49 pm
it was a good read
made me want to hit my shoulders again, I just did them last night though:(

Littlefry
01-08-10, 1:44 pm
Good read. I love reading articles liek that always gets me pumped up to go and hit the iron with force!

Vinny G
01-08-10, 2:05 pm
Ok, you're a star now.

it is hard to tell if you are being sarcastic or just very sincere.

Kryptonite
01-09-10, 12:16 am
You want your delts to swell up like bowling balls. You want your traps touching your ears. We're gonna start out with a little bit of a power move, something easy on your joints, but something that will add some serious size to that so called yoke of yours. That blood ought to be starting to fill up those little baseballs of yours by now. After these fuckers, there is not enough room in the gym for you, your delts and anyone else in there. They should be filling up the room their so huge, swole with blood. Everyone is stairing at you in amazement on how wide, thick and massive your delts are. Your shirt is almost splitting at the seems. Time to work that yoke just a little more. Those things should be on fire by now and just massive. Completely relax those traps and let those slabs hang, fully stretching them. You should feel it from your ears, all the way to your delts. Now you feel like your dragging your knuckles on the flood as you walk out that door to go feed those slabs you just tortured.

Hahahaha! I love it!

Great post, bro. I might have to try this out. Minus the 100 lb dumbbells... Nice weight!

GUNS
01-09-10, 1:11 am
Thanks everyone. Yeah those 100's are the biggest we have over here in Afghanistan so one of my goals is to use them for alot of my bigger parts. Chest I am going to try to get up to doing 20 reps with them. Shoulders I am just going for the 12 right now. And 21's have always been one of my favorites. Thanks again everyone, hope if you used it, you liked it.

mcbeast
01-09-10, 1:41 am
Very good! Whats the next article?!

smith06
01-09-10, 2:42 am
Sounds like a decent workout bro! Look forward to hearing more from ya.

NaturalTrainee
01-09-10, 3:08 am
I was just kidding merely because of the bodybuilding magazine way it was written, ease up men!

GUNS
01-11-10, 5:50 am
I'll put next weeks leg workout up. Todays was pretty killer. Was a 20 rep squat day. Got to my goal of 225 for 20. Check it out.