PDA

View Full Version : Hardgainer on a mission

Fearless Rabbit
01-08-10, 7:16 am
Dear Animals,

First, I`d like to say hello to all of you, and wish you happy New Year. I`ve been pasively around here for quite some time, but never got a need to register. Until now.

I appologise in advance if I post in wrong forum section. I tried to find better spot for this topic, but common sense brought me here. I don`t mind if topic is moved to more adequate place.

I am 25 years old, and I consider myself seasoned lifter, with over 6 years of iron pushing. However, I never got as big as I wanted, mostly due to financial inability to support my dieting and supplementation. My former "suplementation" considered of pure whey or hi-protein gainer, decent diet, and that`s it. Most time even without any supps, just clean foods. Of course, no significant improvements were experiented, and I seemed stuck at same weight for years, no matter what I do, and how hard I worked out. Besides that, I am classic hardgainer, and although always into sports, my muscles never responded proportionally to training invested.

Well, now with 83kgs of (almost) clean muscle, I`m ready to bulk some 5-10kgs more. And no more, as I`m 182cm tall, and 88-93kg of lean muscle is ideal for me. To help me acomplish this, here`s somehing I designed myself, after lots of reading here on Animal internet corner, and would like someone to comment on it. Feel free to kick me in right direction.

So, here is how I eat.

Breakfast: 3 whole fresh eggs, 50gr of whey, milk, blend, drink
Lunch: Whatever mom serves (usually good food with lots of meat and vegies) + Pak
45mins pre-workout: Mstak
Immediately after the workout: 50gr dextrose + 5gr creatine monohydrate
30-40mins after the workout: 50gr whey shake
Dinner: another 3 eggs, fried or baked, with some lunch leftovers, carbs free

100gr of whey, plus egg proteins, plus proteins from meal, I thing that should be enough. Pak to use as much of it as possible, and Mstak to "install" those proteins faster. Dextrose and creatine PWO for recovery. That`s the basic idea.

I`m using Pak for 2 months now, and I`m on first Mstak cycle. No real Mstak push for now, after 10 days of use... I have one more can, for a second cycle, which will turn out more productive, I hope. I keep carbs at lowest level possible, as I`m pushing towards six-pack, which I never had :) If this plan starts giving some results, I plan on taking one cycle of Cuts in 2-3 months.

I am pushing good (GVT, one hour workouts, two compound excercizes with 10 sets, no fancy mambo-jumbo), and sleeping a lot. Got that all covered.

Now, what do you think? Anything I should change to pack more size? Or faster? Should I attach some pictures maybe, so your comments can be more direct?

Looking forward to hear you animals roar at me :)

sanga
01-08-10, 8:08 am
Hi and welcome

IMO not enough food.

Go check out the training and diet sections there are tons of articles and posts.

C.Coronato
01-08-10, 11:21 am
Welcome brother, agreed. Looks liek you can add some more food in there brother.

Fearless Rabbit
01-08-10, 1:41 pm
Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback.

I have a little problem about more food thought - I don`t have such an appetite! When so filled with shake drinks, I can`t even think about food until my stomach is empty.

Is over-eating myself the only option? Since I`m using Pak with my lunch meal, I do have better appetite, but nothing drastically...

fenix237
01-08-10, 3:27 pm
Thanks guys, I appreciate your feedback.

I have a little problem about more food thought - I don`t have such an appetite! When so filled with shake drinks, I can`t even think about food until my stomach is empty.

Is over-eating myself the only option? Since I`m using Pak with my lunch meal, I do have better appetite, but nothing drastically...

Hey bro, if you want to reach your goals, you're going to have to "train" yourself to eat more and more often. there is no way around it- like what was already said- spend some time in the diet section and in the meantime, I'm sure more Forvm members will add to your thread- good luck!

Fearless Rabbit
01-09-10, 11:34 am
That is good advice. Adding couple more plates in a kitchen is definitely easier than adding more plates in the gym. I`m already on it, eating +1 more tuna can a day. Hopefully will bring heavier guns in time.

ChadO
01-11-10, 6:49 pm
im the same way man. I cannot gain weight worth shit. It pisses me off. i eat chicken rice and eggs all the time. with mstak pak pump nitro omega uniliver and more, and still am not gaining weight. The thing that sucks about eating more in my stomach feels like shit all the time and constantly going to the bathroom. good luck though. your not the only one in this boat

Necromatrix
01-12-10, 2:58 pm
im the same way man. I cannot gain weight worth shit. It pisses me off. i eat chicken rice and eggs all the time. with mstak pak pump nitro omega uniliver and more, and still am not gaining weight. The thing that sucks about eating more in my stomach feels like shit all the time and constantly going to the bathroom. good luck though. your not the only one in this boat

Agreed!

I still have the metabolism of a hamster on crack and it is hard for me to add weight to my frame. But it is possible. I started off with M-stak and adding meals as often as possible. I lifted on a failrly normal split, going heavy as possible. About three months ago I switched to DC training and my appetite has shot through the roof. So much so that, at times, I am actually tired of eating before I am full.

(I point out my training change, not to say that is the way for you to go... Rather, if you find a split, routine or program that works best for you, it will help.)

At any rate, us "hardgainers" just have to work a little harder and stick with it. If you want it bad enough, you can get it.

dyskee
01-12-10, 5:32 pm
Lol u call that eating alot, not trying to be a dick bro but i eat more when dieting.

Here's what you should do

brekkie: 6 eggs, 100g of oats pour some milk microwave and a spoonful of honey and some fruit.

Luch: whatever ur mum serves eat till ur full

train

shake immediatley after whey, creatine and dextrose

1 hour later: lunch leftovers

dinner: 4-5 eggs/ cottage chees/tuna cans and some fruit

sanga
01-14-10, 4:16 pm
Meat and potatos with lots of milk!

ChadO
01-14-10, 11:56 pm
Agreed!

I still have the metabolism of a hamster on crack and it is hard for me to add weight to my frame. But it is possible. I started off with M-stak and adding meals as often as possible. I lifted on a failrly normal split, going heavy as possible. About three months ago I switched to DC training and my appetite has shot through the roof. So much so that, at times, I am actually tired of eating before I am full.

(I point out my training change, not to say that is the way for you to go... Rather, if you find a split, routine or program that works best for you, it will help.)

At any rate, us "hardgainers" just have to work a little harder and stick with it. If you want it bad enough, you can get it.

hey necro, when did you start noticing m-stak working. im almost done with my can, my strength has been good, but im still not getting as hungry as i thought

Necromatrix
01-15-10, 8:00 am
I think it really became noticable after the second can. Similar to you, I noticed good strength gains on the first can but the appetite was a bit slower to come.

Another thing that can help kick start your hunger is your training. If you are running an intense session on a regular basis, your body is going to demand more fuel.

There is a notion that you can actively slow (or speed up) your metabolism a bit by how you eat. It worked for me several years back, but I am not sure how scientifically proven it is. Basically, when you eat, consume larger meals and eat faster. In my case, I used to snack alot during the day and I have always eaten slow. Once I started lifting regularly I would eat at least four large meals a day and try to eat them faster. Again, this is something I read somewhere and may have just been a fluke in my case...

Fearless Rabbit
01-16-10, 11:57 am
I just finished my first Mstak cycle, and I didn`t notice any appetite improvement. I`m not really sure about strength. Hope another cycle will turn out better.

What about Nitro? Those aminos are definitely useful, but over the long run. Hardgainer`s experiences?

Kryptonite
01-16-10, 3:46 pm
Meal 1: 3 cups 1%, milk 6 whole eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal
Meal 2: 3 cups 1%, milk 6 whole eggs, 1/2 cup oatmeal
Meal 3: 2 cups 1% milk, 8 oz round top sirloin, 9 oz potatoes
Meal 4: 2 cups 1% milk, 8 oz round top sirloin, 9 oz potatoes
Meal 5: 2 cups 1% milk, 8 oz round top sirloin, 9 oz potatoes
Meal 6/PWO: 2 cups 1% milk, protein powder (~50g protein), 1 cup oatmeal (or dextrose)

Run this for a month and then tell us how hard it is to gain weight.

P.S. No supplements. Save your money. Trust me.