PDA

View Full Version : Makin' Rage (more) infamous at the Arnold!

rev8ball
01-08-10, 11:17 am
A few months ago, Rage put together an amazing training regimen empolying negative reps to increase muscle growth. He asked me if there was a way that I could explain the science behind his idea. You can see his method and my research here:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=28456

Anywhooo, the article that I wrote for it I guess got around a little bit on the 'net, and, as a result, I have been invited back to speak at the Arnold Strength Training Summit and present a lecture on the science of eccentric training and hypertrophy.

Once I get more details on the day and time, I will post it here. If any of you would want to attend, let me know after that; I'm going to work on getting the attendence fee waived for Animal attendees.

Mr. Dead
01-08-10, 11:20 am
Date and time...???

rev8ball
01-08-10, 11:24 am
Date and time...???

The Summit runs Fri-Sun at the Arnold, and it's held in the conference rooms right above the Expo. I've been told my lecture will be on either Sat or Sun. Once I know more, I will let ya know.

Mr. Dead
01-08-10, 11:27 am
The Summit runs Fri-Sun at the Arnold, and it's held in the conference rooms right above the Expo. I've been told my lecture will be on either Sat or Sun. Once I know more, I will let ya know.

Awesome!!!

Rage
01-08-10, 11:28 am
Michael I'm honored that you have played as big a part as you have in all of this. Couldn't have done it without you. I knew the technique was unique and effective, but you explained why and that has been invaluable. Thanks again for everything and I will surely attend your lecture.

J-Dawg
01-08-10, 11:49 am
This is awesome news Rev. Keep us posted on the details.

Groundpounder88
01-08-10, 11:57 am
Awesome! I can't wait!

shortstack
01-08-10, 12:09 pm
Hey Rev, I've read through the write up but would love a chance to hear you explain it in person, so I'm in on any day. I'll be working this sys with Rage on Saturday night so getting the info stright from the both of you in the same weekend would be great.

See ya then Bro.

Shortstack

rev8ball
01-08-10, 12:19 pm
Michael I'm honored that you have played as big a part as you have in all of this. Couldn't have done it without you. I knew the technique was unique and effective, but you explained why and that has been invaluable. Thanks again for everything and I will surely attend your lecture.

Bro, the honor is all mine. We're gonna have a blast that weekend!

This is awesome news Rev. Keep us posted on the details.

Will do, J. Hopefully, you'll be able to make it this year. I mean, it's not like you're busy or anything that weekend....LOL

Awesome! I can't wait!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Hey Rev, I've read through the write up but would love a chance to hear you explain it in person, so I'm in on any day. I'll be working this sys with Rage on Saturday night so getting the info stright from the both of you in the same weekend would be great.

See ya then Bro.

Shortstack

That will be a great 1-2 punch! However, I must warn you that I tend to go off on tangents......lol

fatbackgoal
01-08-10, 1:30 pm
Really good news. I am looking forward to hearing the science behind the madness.

ghost
01-08-10, 1:31 pm
that is absolutely awesome!

Rage
01-11-10, 8:23 pm
Michael..did you meet up with Doc this weekend?

widdlewade44
01-11-10, 8:38 pm
Incredible brothers! Congrats and good luck! Too awesome...

Kevin
widdlewade44

rev8ball
01-12-10, 1:38 am
Michael..did you meet up with Doc this weekend?

Sorry to say, but he never called me. I was really looking forward to it, but he must have been too busy. Next time........

Rage
01-12-10, 10:45 am
Incredible brothers! Congrats and good luck! Too awesome...

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thanks Kevin. Give it a try sometime and let us know what you think.

Sorry to say, but he never called me. I was really looking forward to it, but he must have been too busy. Next time........

Ok, if he wasn't the Gracie Barra world champ, I swear I would put him in a choke hold but I know I would only end up looking like a pretzel. I'll get you guys connected one way or another.

rev8ball
01-12-10, 11:10 am
Ok, if he wasn't the Gracie Barra world champ, I swear I would put him in a choke hold but I know I would only end up looking like a pretzel. I'll get you guys connected one way or another.

LOL, not a prob. Maybe you can convince him to make it out to the Arnold.

Rage
01-12-10, 11:14 am
LOL, not a prob. Maybe you can convince him to make it out to the Arnold.

Hmmm...now how cool would that be. I'll start working on him.

mritter3
01-12-10, 11:17 am
congrats to Rage and Rev for this and if you figure out a time...i will def be there to offer support and def. listen and learn.

Mr. Dead
01-12-10, 11:37 am
congrats to Rage and Rev for this and if you figure out a time...i will def be there to offer support and def. listen and learn.

x2... I'm always a sponge for more knowledge...

rev8ball
01-12-10, 7:12 pm
Rage -

Are you and Doc still keeping some sort of track of your gains/progress? If you are, can you shoot over to my company email some of the numbers? I want to use these gains as an example in my lecture....

Rage
01-12-10, 7:40 pm
Rage -

Are you and Doc still keeping some sort of track of your gains/progress? If you are, can you shoot over to my company email some of the numbers? I want to use these gains as an example in my lecture....

Yes sir. I will have him send copies of the reports. Right now I have just started some diet mods for my show so my numbers are all over the place. When they calm down, we will have more data for your lecture. This time while on calorie restrictions. That should be very interesting.

C.Coronato
01-13-10, 10:33 am
Now thats great Rev. Very very cool brother.

Mr. Dead
02-08-10, 12:49 pm
Date and time...???

*Bump...*

Any word, yet...???

smoothballer
02-08-10, 4:29 pm
*Bump...*

Any word, yet...???

Definitely curious myself on the details...

rev8ball
02-08-10, 4:45 pm
Just got the email. Tentative date/time is Saturday, March 6th, at 4:30pm, and I believe it will be in the C-Pod, which is upstairs from the Expo. As soon as it is set in stone, I will let you know. Also, I will post more details on the lecture as soon as they are finalized.

Thanks for your interest, bros....

Mr. Dead
02-08-10, 4:48 pm
Just got the email. Tentative date/time is Saturday, March 6th, at 4:30pm, and I believe it will be in the C-Pod, which is upstairs from the Expo. As soon as it is set in stone, I will let you know. Also, I will post more details on the lecture as soon as they are finalized.

Awesome!!! Definitely keep us posted!!!

LayzieBone085
02-08-10, 8:17 pm

This peaks my interest.

Rage
02-09-10, 11:02 am

Awesome brother..I'll be there.

Mr. Dead
02-17-10, 12:01 am
Awesome brother..I'll be there.

x2...

InkdMuscle
02-18-10, 11:15 am
how the hell did i just barely see this....

Well I have known Rage for quite sometime now. And i can tell you first hand this man knows he stuff. So to have Rev catapult it, is just awesome. Then since I met rev at the 09Olympia I know hes gonna do a kick ass presentation on it as well. My hats off to both of you.

rev8ball
02-22-10, 11:38 am
Okay, here is the official lecture title and summary from the symposium:

Hypertrophy for Physique Athletes: A different approach to mass-building.

Unlike a regular athlete, when bodybuilders train for mass, they may not necessarily need the corresponding increases in strength. Is there a better way for them to train for size without devoting so much time and energy to the strength that is not required? There may be. This lecture will outline the science behind a special approach that trainers and coaches can implement to help with the unique needs of building a better physique athlete.

Mr. Dead
02-22-10, 12:02 pm
Okay, here is the official lecture title and summary from the symposium:

Hypertrophy for Physique Athletes: A different approach to mass-building.

Unlike a regular athlete, when bodybuilders train for mass, they may not necessarily need the corresponding increases in strength. Is there a better way for them to train for size without devoting so much time and energy to the strength that is not required? There may be. This lecture will outline the science behind a special approach that trainers and coaches can implement to help with the unique needs of building a better physique athlete.

Awesome!!! Anything yet, on the nutrition/supplement aspect of this...???

rev8ball
02-24-10, 11:30 am
Awesome!!! Anything yet, on the nutrition/supplement aspect of this...???

Yep. One of the Exercise Physiologists that I work with (who's also a Sports Dietician) is working on a nutrition and supplementation program for this type of training. We should have something on it not too long after the Arnold.

rev8ball
02-24-10, 11:33 am
Okay, bros, if you are planning on attending this workshop, IM me your full name ASAP so I can put you on a guest list. I'm only able to get so many in, and the list has to be there no later than Monday. So, the cut off date is this Saturday. Hurry it up!

Mr. Dead
02-24-10, 11:42 am
Yep. One of the Exercise Physiologists that I work with (who's also a Sports Dietician) is working on a nutrition and supplementation program for this type of training. We should have something on it not too long after the Arnold.

Awesome!!!

Okay, bros, if you are planning on attending this workshop, IM me your full name ASAP so I can put you on a guest list. I'm only able to get so many in, and the list has to be there no later than Monday. So, the cut off date is this Saturday. Hurry it up!

Sent...

rev8ball
02-25-10, 11:21 am
Okay, got a few spots left. Let me know before this Sat......

naturalguy
02-25-10, 11:24 am
This sounds really cool Rev

PIJW
02-25-10, 11:28 am
Sounds like an intresting article, gonna have to find it online and check it out since i won't be able to attend the Arnold.

rev8ball
02-25-10, 11:48 am
This sounds really cool Rev

I'm looking forward to it, NG. My seminar with Rage on Friday at the Cage is going to be a nice taste of what's to come.

Sounds like an intresting article, gonna have to find it online and check it out since i won't be able to attend the Arnold.

As soon as I get the full lecture posted, I will let everyone know here.

PIJW
02-25-10, 11:49 am
As soon as I get the full lecture posted, I will let everyone know here.[/QUOTE]

Sounds awesome, looking forward to some good reading during lunch or when i need a break at work.

rev8ball
03-03-10, 1:39 am
Okay, for the people who RSVP me via PM, you are on the list. See you then!

Mr. Dead
03-03-10, 10:54 am
Okay, for the people who RSVP me via PM, you are on the list. See you then!

Looking forward to this!!!

PIJW
03-03-10, 10:55 am
Looking forward to this!!!

Not going to be there but looking forward to hearing and reading about it as well.

Mr. Dead
03-08-10, 11:35 am
I just wanted to thank you, for letting me attend this seminar... Definitely enjoyed it, and really got a great insight behind this method... Great stuff!!! BTW, I'll be sending you an e-mail about the slides... Thanks, again!!!

rev8ball
03-09-10, 1:00 pm
I just wanted to thank you, for letting me attend this seminar... Definitely enjoyed it, and really got a great insight behind this method... Great stuff!!! BTW, I'll be sending you an e-mail about the slides... Thanks, again!!!

Not a prob, bro, glad you could make it. Looking forward to doing more work with this program.

I got your email, and I will let you know as soon as I get everything together, and when I recover......lol

Mr. Dead
03-09-10, 1:37 pm
Not a prob, bro, glad you could make it. Looking forward to doing more work with this program.

I got your email, and I will let you know as soon as I get everything together, and when I recover......lol

Cool!!! Thanks!!! Now... Get some rest!!! *LOL*