PDA

View Full Version : timing of strongman excercises

intoodeep25
01-08-10, 11:21 am
first off, i am a bodybuilder and dont plan on actually competing in strongman events, i just want to do these for fun and to add some functional strength and hopefully get thicker with these power movements. i want to incorporate some different things into my training such as tire flipping, farmers walk, etc. i just dont know where the best time is to insert these activities into my training. my split is as follows

m:shoulders/traps
t:legs
w:arms
th:off
f:chest
s:back/forearms
sun:off

i thought itd be a good idea to do the tire flipping and what not on my off days as my cardio. anyone have any opinions on this, i dont want to compromise my muscle gains, id like to use these to my advantage

intoodeep25
01-09-10, 12:21 am
bump

HIGA MONSTER
01-11-10, 2:50 pm
intoodeep25,
I would stick do doing Strongman events on one day of the week.

If you have to, try to do a Log Press or Axle press on the days you would do Shoulders/Chest, triceps. That way, you have one less event to do on Event days.

Please don't do any lifting the day before you choose to do Events. I've had guys come to the Warehouse and they tell me that they did heavy deadlifts or squats the night before. Then, they wonder why they can't flip a tire or pickup a Stone.
Be smart with your training, cause I don't want you to get turned off by training Strongman events. Or, get possibly injured due to overtraining.

What kind of equipment do you have? Which ones are you wanting to add into your training?

HIGA MONSTER