PDA

View Full Version : War Within. War Without. War Unending.

Jon_Blaze
01-09-10, 6:26 pm
January 10, 2010.
Start of my '2nd' journey. I shouldn't really say '2nd' though, because I know my first journey logged on here was just preparation for what was to come. It was me being overzealous on what I wanted. Well, playtime is over and it is time for the real work to begin.

I've entitled this path that I shall walk 'War Within. War Without. War Unending.' I must admit, I like the title a lot. Those that wonder where I got it, I'm happy to say that it is a saying of the 13th Company of the Space Wolves Chapter. (Warhammer 40k for those of you who know). When I saw it, I knew that it was the mentality I needed to take. I wrote down a 'definition' of what I think they mean to me, but I believe it can apply to everybody here in some way or form. So that is the history of where the title comes from. Now onto myself.

With 2010 now in full swing and my vacation back in America over, I got to clear my head but also gain some unwanted weight (thank you Christmas food). With this new vision, I figured it was time to start a new journey...you know what, forget the word 'journey'. For this isn't really a 'journey' for me, this is WAR. So I'll not only post my work-outs on here, but my thoughts of the day; so expect a lot of rambling to be going on here from now on. Alright time for some stats:

Weight: ??? (Will get this soon)
BF%: 20-22%
Goal(s):
1: Weight Goal: 170-175lbs with 10% or less BF%
2: Training Goal(s): Join up with an MMA gym and full on train for a competition this year. Get my blue belt in BJJ.
3: Language Goal: Finally get my ass back into the classroom and master a language I should've done when I was a kid.

I can say these will be the big 3 that I'll be working on this year. I do have one more in mind but that rides on money and where I'll be in 6 months so that one will see depending on my job situation.

Supplements:
Animal Pak
Animal Flex
Animal Cuts
Animal Nitro
Universal Storm
Universal Intra-Aid
Whey Protein

Supplements are for the most part staple products like the Flex, Pak and Proteins. Cuts is the only thing I got that is cycled and I got a 3 can supply of it this time around. First time around, I did 1 can of cuts and dropped about 10lbs and felt great while I was on it. So I bought 3 more to see where that'll help get me (I would've bought like 100 of them but gotta keep the money in the bank too haha.)

Workout Schedule & Program:
I'll be doing Madcow's 5x5 intermediate lift program (I believe sunnymax is on the same one). This is a 3 day a week lift program which will be easier on my body overall than the 5 day haul I was doing before, which means better rest for my body and not burning the hell out. I'll be cutting BJJ to 3 days a week also, and mixing light cardio on all workout days. So here's what it will look like:

Sunday: Off
Monday: Madcow's 5x5/Light Cardio
Tuesday: Cardio/BJJ
Wednesday: Madcow's 5x5/Light Cardio
Thursday: Cardio/BJJ
Friday: Madcow's 5x5/Light Cardio
Saturday: BJJ
The light cardio will be just low-impact stuff to keep my legs fresher whereas the tuesday/thursday cardio will be more intensive.

And here are the definitions...
War Within: The war that you have within your self. The battles between your self-criticism, doubts, outside thoughts that distract you from your goal(s).

War Without: The war that you have with the world. Because let's not bullshit, there are a ton of punks out there that don't want to see you succeed. We are at war with the ones whose eyes are filled with jealousy and hatred. The ones who doubt you when you are fulfilling your dreams or obtaining your goals. The ones who try and take you away from the path that you walk.

War Unending: I say Unending because I mean it. The wars that are within and without of you are always going to happen, all the time. The wars never stop, so why should you? The moment you give ground, you begin to lose the war. Never give ground. Always press forward, for that is the only way to succeed and obtain what you want.

Ardent
01-09-10, 8:21 pm
Go hard.

sunny_max
01-09-10, 11:58 pm
IN!!!!

Jon_Blaze
01-10-10, 10:16 pm
Go hard.
Plan to go balls to the walls eryday.

IN!!!!
Good to have you aboard sunny_max.

Weight: 92.9 - 93 kilograms = 205lbs

Workout:
30 minutes light cardio: bike
Flat Bench: 60kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5
ATG Squat: 60kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5
BB Rows: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5

Meals/Supps:
Pre-workout: Cuts & Storm
Workout: Intra-Aid
Post-workout: Nitro
30 minutes PW (Meal 1): Storm & 2 scoops whey w/ 10oz milk & 1 teaspoon peanut butter
Meal 2: 5 boiled egg whites, handful of spinach & 1/2 cup mixed brown rice & Animal Pak
Animal Cuts
Meal 3: Kimbap
Meal 4: Chicken breast w/ rosemary & 1/2 mixed brown rice & Animal Flex
Meal 5: Chicken breast w/ rosemary & handful of spinach & Animal Omega
Meal 6: 1 scoop whey protein w/ 8oz milk & 1 teaspoon peanut butter

Thoughts/Ramblings:
The meals are planned out ahead of time and I'm posting them up now since I can remember the numbers for the lifts since I just got done. Spotter helped me on the last bench set but he didn't need to but there was a translation problem since my Korean sucks. Overall, it felt good to be back in the gym after such a long layoff, though my squats are nowhere they should be.
Weight was surprising, was thinking I'd weigh more after the holidays but 205lbs is fucking spot on since it means I have less weight to cut off which I'm glad for.
Only had a 1 day weekend since work got us screwed so it's back to the grind today. Aside from that, it'll be hell tomorrow with a work meeting and my first day back into jiu-jitsu after a month off from that.
Day is kinda shitty so far with insane traffic here in Seoul...for no reason. Hate useless shit that doesn't make any sense. Either way, time to ignore and do my own hustle. The war has begun.

Ardent
01-11-10, 4:47 am
Plan to go balls to the walls eryday.

Good to have you aboard sunny_max.

Weight: 92.9 - 93 kilograms = 205lbs

Workout:
30 minutes light cardio: bike
Flat Bench: 60kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5
ATG Squat: 60kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5
BB Rows: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5

Meals/Supps:
Pre-workout: Cuts & Storm
Workout: Intra-Aid
Post-workout: Nitro
30 minutes PW (Meal 1): Storm & 2 scoops whey w/ 10oz milk & 1 teaspoon peanut butter
Meal 2: 5 boiled egg whites, handful of spinach & 1/2 cup mixed brown rice & Animal Pak
Animal Cuts
Meal 3: Kimbap
Meal 4: Chicken breast w/ rosemary & 1/2 mixed brown rice & Animal Flex
Meal 5: Chicken breast w/ rosemary & handful of spinach & Animal Omega
Meal 6: 1 scoop whey protein w/ 8oz milk & 1 teaspoon peanut butter

Thoughts/Ramblings:
The meals are planned out ahead of time and I'm posting them up now since I can remember the numbers for the lifts since I just got done. Spotter helped me on the last bench set but he didn't need to but there was a translation problem since my Korean sucks. Overall, it felt good to be back in the gym after such a long layoff, though my squats are nowhere they should be.
Weight was surprising, was thinking I'd weigh more after the holidays but 205lbs is fucking spot on since it means I have less weight to cut off which I'm glad for.
Only had a 1 day weekend since work got us screwed so it's back to the grind today. Aside from that, it'll be hell tomorrow with a work meeting and my first day back into jiu-jitsu after a month off from that.
Day is kinda shitty so far with insane traffic here in Seoul...for no reason. Hate useless shit that doesn't make any sense. Either way, time to ignore and do my own hustle. The war has begun.
Damn right. Your hustle is the only hustle, train on.

Jon_Blaze
01-11-10, 9:32 am
So my meal 3 was changed up. Ended up getting some 오므라이스 하고 만두 instead of 김밥. So I ate more calories than I wanted but I was hungry as hell. Downed it in like 5 minutes and was still starving like none other but I kept it at that. Looks like it'll take me longer than I thought to re-adjust my eating to very low calorie, but that was to be expected. So I'll tweak my eating to have more calories and slowly lower it so that I won't feel weak throughout the day.

Jon_Blaze
01-12-10, 10:49 am
Thoughts:
Had BJJ today for the first time in a month. Got in and got some good work, best I've ever done surprisingly and I got promoted to my first stripe. Which was the highlight of the day.
After that, everything was downhill from there. Got yelled at work, getting a 10% deduction from my paycheck as 'punishment' for playing flash games at work, even though I'm considered one of the best teachers there. They've been witch hunting me since I told them a few months back that management was retarded and they had no idea what the fuck they were doing.
Either way, shit happens, I'll make sure I don't give them the ammo they need to give me more shit.

Meals:
Pre-workout: Cuts/Storm
BJJ: Intra-Aid
2nd Run of Cuts
1st Meal: 5 boils egg whites & 1/2 cup brown rice
2nd Meal: Chicken breast & 1/2 cup brown rice
3rd Meal: Chicken breast & handful of spinach
4th Meal: Vanilla ice cream

Yeah bad day and I was craving haha. Overall my meals were good since I'm eating lean overall.

Ardent
01-12-10, 11:58 am
Thoughts:
Had BJJ today for the first time in a month. Got in and got some good work, best I've ever done surprisingly and I got promoted to my first stripe. Which was the highlight of the day.
After that, everything was downhill from there. Got yelled at work, getting a 10% deduction from my paycheck as 'punishment' for playing flash games at work, even though I'm considered one of the best teachers there. They've been witch hunting me since I told them a few months back that management was retarded and they had no idea what the fuck they were doing.
Either way, shit happens, I'll make sure I don't give them the ammo they need to give me more shit.

Meals:
Pre-workout: Cuts/Storm
BJJ: Intra-Aid
2nd Run of Cuts
1st Meal: 5 boils egg whites & 1/2 cup brown rice
2nd Meal: Chicken breast & 1/2 cup brown rice
3rd Meal: Chicken breast & handful of spinach
4th Meal: Vanilla ice cream

Yeah bad day and I was craving haha. Overall my meals were good since I'm eating lean overall.

Meals are ok.

As far as work goes and I would say life in general in most respects .. . . . . . Take the path of least resistance. Meaning be like water it flows over and through everything. By causing static with management where you work you only make life hard for YOU.. Do what serves you in life and that doesn't seem like it serves you well. Just my opinion good sir. In life before I do anything i always think " Does this SERVE me" But sometimes its hard to follow ones own good advice, if you would call it that. Anyways, stay Animal.

Jon_Blaze
01-13-10, 12:34 am
Oh I agree with at 100% Ardent. The problem was I showed my hand way too early against my opponent and it's coming to bite me in the ass. Either way, 90% of the teachers where I work are leaving when they can so I'm not the only one who feels like the place is hell. I just get it worse than they do since I showed out early and they want to use me as the example.

Workout:

30 minute light cardio: bike
Squats: 60kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 95kg x 5
Power Clean & Press: (excluding bar weight) 20kg x 5 | 30kg x 5 | 35kg x 5 | 40kg x 5
Deadlift: 100kg x 5 | 120kg x 5 | 140kg x 5 | 150kg x 2
Situps: 3 sets

Weight: 92.5kg = 203.9lbs (roughly)

Other thoughts:
Got my groceries for a week and going to prep my meals today and tmrw. Store was freakin' busy when it was dead empty last week so it was weird. Deadlifts were okay today, couldn't finish the last set since I got light headed after the 2nd one of my last set and I just couldn't lift it anymore without hurting myself. So goaling to hit all 5 next week. Only work 3 hours today which is nice. The weigh-in numbers were good today and I didn't even weigh in on an empty stomach so I think I could've been lower. Either way 1.1lbs in 2 days is the numbers I'm loving right now, so I'm on the right track.

sunny_max
01-13-10, 12:39 am
looking good brother....i am doing the same program!.....how is it treating ya?

rob_in_korea
01-13-10, 4:44 am
Great looking workouts Jon and your goals look good. I hope everything at work turns out well.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
01-13-10, 6:43 pm
looking good brother....i am doing the same program!.....how is it treating ya?

Program so far is pretty good man. Instead of just being sore in my legs one day a week, I got a constant feeling because of 3x week squats are whoopin on me. I love it though. Gonna see in the next few weeks overall how it works out but so far I'm cutting weight better this way and I have more energy.

C.Coronato
01-14-10, 4:47 pm
Looking good my man. Lots of great workouts and diet going on. Keep it up brotha.

Jon_Blaze
01-14-10, 6:52 pm
Looking good my man. Lots of great workouts and diet going on. Keep it up brotha.

Thanks brah, good to see ya here.

So I forgot to post up yesterday. So here's what the day was like:

Got in to do my jiu-jitsu but I had to catch a taxi to get there (again) so $10 gone from taxi to and from. Class was good but I think I ended up kicking the ground because I've bruised my big toe to where it hurts using it to walk. It'll make the lifting today (Jan 15th) interesting to keep support for my squats. Twisted my left ankle somehow too, not sure how so I'm confused as all hell on it.
Work-wise (oh yea...) was actually a good day. Management didn't say any shit to any teacher for once. Kids were good and had fun. Took a crap ton of pictures of me, which was interesting since 90% of my students are girls.
Meals were barely okay, very similar to the tuesday one I had posted up but no ice cream and I had an egg sandwich instead. Currently getting ready to hit my week 1 day 3 workout. It's snowing, cold as shit and I'm tired. Gotta love fucking morning workouts!

Jon_Blaze
01-14-10, 10:51 pm
Workout:

Squats: 60kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 3 | 80kg x 5 | 80kg x 8
Bench: 53kg x 5 | 73kg x 5 | 93kg x 5 | 98kg x 5 | 103kg x 5 | 110kg x 3 | 80kg x 8
Rows: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 3 | 100kg x 8
Dips: BW x 15 | +4kg x 12 | +10kg x 8 | +10kg x 6
Straight Bar Curls: 40kg x 10 | 45kg x 10 | 50kg x 10

Thoughts:
Squats were fucked today. Was experimenting with them though. Tried different stances to see which was most comfortable to me. Also tried focusing completely on the hip drive but I kept looking up when I shouldn't have. So they didn't go as planned, but I got the exact stance that fits me most comfortable doing the squats now, so definitely was worth the trouble.
Bench was interesting. I thought I was doing good weight but I asked the guy there how much the bar was and he said 13kg. I asked him which one was a normal 20kg and he got it for me (was the squat/row bar I normally use). So I using that exclusively for my bench game. Hence why the numbers are weird but was more accurate since I was wrong on the bar weights I was using. But the 110kg could've gone up 5 times easily had I not been worn out from playing around with the other weights.
Straight bar curls, used the 20kg bar, felt good to hit those. And the dips..since they don't have a chain to hold plates with, I'm using dumbbells to give me extra weight but overall having the extra weight felt good.
Gotta make sure I eat right today. Weekend coming up and I'll be out of town playing with my girl, so my eating will be a little messy but I'll have to make sure I eat light and healthy while I'm eating out.

rob_in_korea
01-17-10, 6:02 am
Excellent workout Jon. Good job on finding a solid squat stance.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
01-17-10, 10:33 pm
Excellent workout Jon. Good job on finding a solid squat stance.

-Rob

Thanks brah, it took a minute but it's definitely worth having a better form that's comfortable to use.

Week 2 Day 1!

Weigh-in: 93.2kg

Workout:

27 minute light cardio: bike

Squat: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5
Bench: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 4 (5th had help putting it up)
Rows: 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5
Assisted Workouts: Sit-ups, Weighted Hypers (3 sets)

Thoughts:
Ballooned the fuck up in weight. Not happy about that but then again wednesday/thursday/saturday/sunday were horrible days for my eating. Need to re-focus and get back in the trenches of this war with my self. I got bad eating habits that are popping back up and I gotta shove them down and keep making sure I'm eating only what I'm allowed to eat, not what I want to eat. It sucks like all hell but it'll be worth it in the end. Cardio was cut short b/c I had to drop a big ass dump in the middle of my workout, never had to do that before but definitely felt a lot better doing that before squats lol. I know everybody wanted to know about that and I'm willing to share the fun parts ^^.

Jon_Blaze
01-18-10, 10:21 am
Meals:
Pre: Cuts/Storm
During: Intra-Aid
Second Cuts
Day Meals: Chicken Breast w/ Spinach (had 3 of these as 3 different meals)
Night Meal: 2 slices of rye bread, slice of onion, provolone cheese and 5 egg whites

Supps:
Pak/Flex/Omega

Thoughts: Meals were spaced 3 hours apart. Just had my last meal of the day. Also had a sweet potato latte today. Couldn't resist the urge of having some good ol' Holly's Coffee. but aside from that I'm kinda happy with my meals today, didn't feel overly hungry and didn't feel diminished in energy.

RICER88
01-18-10, 8:44 pm
Workouts looking solid bro, you have a great mind set, if you keep it up you will reach your goals in no time.

RICER88

Jon_Blaze
01-19-10, 12:17 am
Thoughts:
Took my normal routine of supplements so far today. Went in to the gym to do some cardio before jiu-jitsu and DAMN my running game has turned to shit. Only ran/walk for 10 minutes, mixing it up to check my endurance recovery and because my endurance overall for running just plummeted. So this is the cardio workout I'll use tuesday/thursday/saturday before BJJ. Gotta make sure my overall endurance is better.

BJJ was hella fun today. Only 2 students (including myself) in the class so we got to work on some things that were bugging the instructor about our ground games. Fixed a few problems I had when I had people pinned on the mats so I should be able to pass and take side control much better now.

Meals:
Storm/2 Scoops Whey
2 Slices Rye Bread, Slice of Provolone, Onions, 5 Egg Whites
Chicken Breast w/ Spinach & a dash of pepper (x2)
Slice of Rye, Chicken Breast & slice of provolone.

Trying to keep some taste in my meals, it does hurt the calorie count a little but I'm eating every 3 hours and keeping the meals small. Also been regulating my water intake to just 4 litres a day. (Roughly a gallon) I was drinking a lot more water but I figured if I'm cutting weight I should be cutting everything down to the things I just need. And now it's time to head to work...yay.

Jon_Blaze
01-19-10, 10:58 pm
Workouts looking solid bro, you have a great mind set, if you keep it up you will reach your goals in no time.

RICER88

Thanks brah, it's a mentality I should've had a while back when I first started but everybody hits their own enlightenment at their own pace.

Weigh-in: 91.4kg = 201.08lbs

Workout:
Squats: 60kg x 5 | 70kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5
Power Clean & Press: (Including bar weight this time) 30kg x 5 | 40kg x 5 | 50kg x 5 | 55kg x 3
Deadlifts: 80kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 120kg x 5 | 140kg x 4
Sit-ups: 3 sets of 10

Thoughts:
When I stepped on the scale and saw the numbers, I was confused. Had to re-weigh myself 2-3 times before I could believe what I saw. 2 kilos in 2 days is pretty drastic but I'm thinking that the numbers are just the results that are finally beginning to show themselves. Plus it is a kilo drop from last wednesday's weigh-in so it makes perfect sense.
For the PC&P, my left shoulder was just giving out at the end so I had to stop, which definitely sucks since I'm sure I could've gone harder on it. So I know that's my weaker shoulder from now on and will go based on that feels.
Deadlifts, I just ran out of energy at the end of those, couldn't bring myself to lift that last rep, felt like I was trying to pull up a mountain by a shoe-string.
Overall though happy with the workout and the results I'm beginning to see. I'm looking to hit 89-90kg by the end of January. 83-85kg by the end of Feb and 77-80kg by the end of March. Hopefully I'll do better than my expect numbers but those are the numbers I'm looking to hit. About to hit the grocery store, skip an interview that I took without really thinking about (longer work hours with less pay = no thank you). Either way feelin' pretty good today.
I'll post up my meals at the end of the day that way I can give what I ate accurately.

Jon_Blaze
01-20-10, 8:23 am
Meals of the Day:
storm/2 scoops of whey protein
3 navel oranges
chicken breast w/ spinach (2 meals of this)
5 egg whites, 2 slices of rye, onions and a slice of provolone
2 slices of rye, chicken breast and slice of provolone and onions

Bought my groceries today and picked up a 5.9kg box of navel oranges....mmm juicy juicy juicy. Need some fruits in my life just to keep things going since they are a healthy food (if not consuming insane amounts) and better than eating the cookies and other bullshit they keep at the workplace frig. Which reminds me, I did have a cookie today because a student baked some and she gave me one and I couldn't just turn it down. Sweet kid.

rob_in_korea
01-21-10, 6:17 am
Solid looking workout Jon.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
01-22-10, 12:28 am
Solid looking workout Jon.

-Rob

Thanks man. Went lighter on that day for the squats since I am doing them 3 times a week and it helped a lot.
Weigh-in: 91.9kg
Workout:
5 minute jog warm-up
Squats: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 95kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 110kg x 3 | 95kg x 8
Bench: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 110kg x 3 | 100kg x 8
Rows: 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 120kg x 3 | 110kg x 8
Dips: BW + 12kg x 10 | +12kg x 8 | +12kg x 8 | +12kg x 5
DB Preacher Curls: 15kg x 6 | 12kg x 8 | 12kg x 6 | 12kg x 8

Thoughts:
Woke up retarded late today, 11am. That's the latest I've woken up in a long time. My body was feeling like it had no energy yesterday, so I ended up missing BJJ since I just couldn't get motivated or feel any energy to do anything. Woke up today though feeling much better so I'm guessing my body just need a recharge on the sleep and some starchy carbs since I've been cutting them out for the most part. Bench was only 110kg on the 5th (3 rep) set due to the fact that the spot had to help me on the 4th set with the last 2. I'm thinking my weight balloons up before it cuts off.

Jon_Blaze
01-23-10, 1:59 am
Workout:
BJJ training
cardio: 1.7 mile run in 18 minutes

Thoughts:
BJJ was fun today, got my ass steam-rolled by 2 of the bigger guys (one is 6'2', the other 6'4-6'5'). The former is 220lbs-ish and the latter, 230lbs-ish. Was fun though. Got some better run time in, going to work on getting more miles in within the same time frame but that'll build on its own since I've always hated cardio. I'm impressed on what I got done since after the first mile I switched to run/walk minute splits to change up the pace for myself. The reason why I'm impressed is that 4-5 months ago, I wouldn't have made it that far. Hell 2 years ago I couldn't even knock out a mile run in 9-10 minutes. So I'm liking on where I'm going with it. Today's diet is consisting of steak. Oh yeah I'm spoiling myself bad, and in a bad way but unlimited steak over a long period of time, so worth it and its good protein source right? ^^

rob_in_korea
01-23-10, 9:07 am
Outstanding workout Jon.
Running + BJJ = Good cardio work.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
01-24-10, 11:15 pm
Workout:
30 minutes bike
Squats: 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5
Bench: Same numbers as Squats
Rows: 95kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 120kg x 5
Sit-ups: BW + 10kg x 10 (3 sets)

Thoughts:
Didn't weigh myself in today, since my stomach feels like its full. Think my system is kinda backed-up. Weekend was a mixed bag. Didn't eat on plan for Sunday (went to a bath-house with the girl) and had food there but ordered some fried chicken later that night (which is probably why my stomach feels full). Saturday had the unlimited steak....which got limited since they didn't want to feed my buddies and I the whole stock haha. I'll do a weigh-in tomorrow before I go running though.
Bench was kinda iffy today. That 110kg is hard for me to put up 5 times. I can make 4 and then the last one is just a pure struggle, so I might be flat-lined on this for another week while I try to break it to make it easier.

Jon_Blaze
01-25-10, 7:49 pm
Thoughts:
Off Day today. Slept in so I don't have the time to make it to jiu-jitsu. Has been a bad month overall for that so I've missed some classes when I shouldn't have. Gotta finish up prepping all my meals for the rest of the week today. Gonna have to start getting up earlier if I want to always make it to jiu-jitsu, especially on tuesday/thursday. Though I was dead tired again yesterday. Dunno why the hell that's happening.

BeastTom
01-25-10, 8:25 pm
Thoughts:
Off Day today. Slept in so I don't have the time to make it to jiu-jitsu. Has been a bad month overall for that so I've missed some classes when I shouldn't have. Gotta finish up prepping all my meals for the rest of the week today. Gonna have to start getting up earlier if I want to always make it to jiu-jitsu, especially on tuesday/thursday. Though I was dead tired again yesterday. Dunno why the hell that's happening.

It will all play out no worries bro.

Ardent
01-25-10, 10:54 pm
Thoughts:

We all have off days. If we didn't have off days how would we know when we are having on days?

Jon_Blaze
01-26-10, 10:13 pm
We all have off days. If we didn't have off days how would we know when we are having on days?
True, my brother. That is quite true.

It will all play out no worries bro.

Yeah it will, I'm the kind though that likes to put fate into my own hands and carry that bitch through the trenches.

Workout:
30 minutes cardio: bike
Squats: 85kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 95kg x 5 | 100kg x 5
Military Press**: 20kg x 5 | 30kg x 5 | 40kg x 5 | 50kg x 5
Deadlift: 100kg x 5 | 120kg x 5 | 140kg x 5 | 160kg x 5
Sit-ups: BW x 10-15 (4 sets)
Pullups: BW x 4 (2 sets)

**: On the guided bar, so listed weight is just the weight I put on the machine.

Weigh-in: 91.75kg = 201.85lbs

Thoughts:
Didn't exactly go in that order today. Did pull-ups since 2 guys were using the bar I use for all my workouts, so I did my mil presses on the guided machine to wait them out...but they were doing the same thing I do and hoggin' that bar. So I did my sit-ups and pullups to kill more time while I waited for the heavy bar for dead-lifts and squats. Weighed in more than I wanted to, but I did eat all that steak during the weekend and my dead-lift is much stronger so I'm pretty sure I've put on a pound of muscle (at least I hope I did).

Got a work meeting today, most likely about my grading of some students. One class I have is split between 2 teachers. The other teacher gives one student A+s and I give him C-s. They wonder why. I told them for multiple reasons. The kid might act differently in another instructor's class. He doesn't participate in my class, so he gets a grade based on his performance. Pretty simple, yet I'll get in trouble for actually grading on performance and classroom behaviour instead of just kissing ass. Gotta hate that sissy shit.

Jon_Blaze
01-27-10, 11:53 pm
Workout:
BJJ - 1hr training
10km/h jog - 12:05m - 2km

Thoughts:
So update on the meeting yesterday that I mentioned. I am no longer allowed to give anything lower than a B- as a grade. I split one class with this instructor who always gives A+ (So the parents LOVE him) but I give the kids their grades based on their performance, which some of them aren't so good at languages. So I got asked if I was trying to 'screw over' the academy through grading.
Really? I mean REALLY? I am trying to 'screw over' the school by giving students their actual evaluations? Wow, must be a new world this management is living in. So much so that they can't keep students based on actual performance reviews. Either way, that's my rant about that, I'll just give up actually teaching there for my last 3-4 months and just let the kids run wild.
Since education is no longer a priority but the grades are, these kids will get high marks with no education and they wonder why Korea has a ratio of 1/4 women worked or are working in the sex trade.

BJJ was good, got rolled around and learned some new escapes from positions that I always seem to get stuck in (I'm the white belt who spars blue/purple belts), and my next jogging session will be longer since I cut this one short for time. Didn't feel tired at all from it which is real good so my cardio is definitely getting better.

Jon_Blaze
01-28-10, 11:30 pm
Workout:
30 minute cardio: bike
Squats: 90kg x 5 | 95kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 3 | 100kg x 8
Rows: 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 120kg x 3 | 110kg x 8
Bench: 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 4 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 3 | 105kg x 8
Dips: BW x 10, +15kg x 6 (3 sets)
Db Preacher Curls: 12kg x 10 (2 sets), 15kg x 3 (2 sets)

Thoughts:
Before going to lift today had a morning meal to get the energy up, 3 egg whites with some honey bbq chicken (frozen type). Got me ready to go for the weights today.
Bench was strange today. For some reason, I've always had this problem at 100kg, that I can't get it off the rack by myself, always need assistance. So I tried 105kg off the rack which I did get but I lost the tightness in my form and so I could only get 4. Last set of 8 was insane. I felt like the spot was doing all the work haha but I knew I was giving it a good push but damn is my chest dead.
Side-effects of Thursday BJJ: Extremely sore neck, it hurts from being triangle choked so damn much. Left cheekbone is bruised, very tender right now and my right ear is hurting. Great feelings, though they aren't really showing so I don't got the markings of a warrior, just the interior pain of it.
Grocery shopping got screwed this week b/c of the work meeting I had wednesday so I'll have to be eating out today since I can't grocery shop til Sunday. Gonna have to keep the wallet tight and the food clean.

rob_in_korea
01-29-10, 5:40 am
Outstanding workouts Jon. Strong lifting all around.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
01-29-10, 7:44 am
Outstanding workouts Jon. Strong lifting all around.

-Rob

Haha thanks man, that last bench was horrible though just couldn't do it very well.
Meals today consisted of 소고기김밥 (like a sushi roll minus the fish & calorie heavy sauces), my standard chicken/spinach fare (had 1 left), the chicken/eggs I had this morning and 만두라면 (noodles).

Firedrake
01-29-10, 6:39 pm
Thanks for stopping by, Jon -- I had to come in and see what you're up to -- weights and BJJ! Wow -- where's your prime focus?

Jon_Blaze
01-31-10, 3:19 am
Right now mainly just to get to the weight class of 170lbs. I want to maintain my current strength, while possibly getting stronger and just trim all the excess fat I got. The 5x5 program is definitely helping me with that, recomping my whole body so that I'm stronger, faster, have more endurance and just feeling better overall.

Jon_Blaze
02-01-10, 6:01 am
Weigh-in: 92.8kg

Workout:
Squat: 90kg x5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5
Rows: 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 120kg x 5
Bench: 90kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5
Sit-ups: 3 sets of 10 (+10kg)

Thoughts:
First day working out without cuts. Finished my first can and I've gone up in weight from last week. Since that dreaded Wednesday, I've has issues with food since I was low on groceries and couldn't go shopping for food til yesterday. So my eating hasn't been on par since I haven't had any food, which really killed me. Though my strength is definitely improving. Squats are getting much easier overall, so I might be able to push it to the same weight as my rows.
Still upset about the weight since its 2.8kg over than the weight I wanted to sit at the beginning of the month. So instead of clocking in at 198-200lbs I'm at 204-205lbs. Hopefully it'll shed soon, and I'm making sure my diet stays completely on point now.

Jon_Blaze
02-02-10, 10:45 pm
Weigh-in: 90.5kg = 199.1lbs!

Workout:
Squats: 60kg x 5 | 70kg x 5 | 80kg x 5 | 90kg x 5
Standing Mil Press: 20kg x 5 (bar) | 40kg x 5 | 50kg x 5 | 55kg x 5
Deadlift: 120kg x 5 | 140kg x 5 | 150kg x 3
Situps: BW x 15 | BW x 15 | BW x 10 | BW x 10

Thoughts:
I'm excited that my weight is closer to where I wanted it to be for this week. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be under the 90kg marker and closer to 89kg. That'll make it easier to hit 85kg by the end of this month. Couldn't finish out the deadlifts, just got too fatiguing and I don't like seeing spots when I do them. As for the sit-ups, I don't lay back down onto the bench but stay at a 45 degree angle and just keep plowing through, hence why the numbers aren't so good anymore. Gonna keep working on them since I want those damn abs that have always eluded me. Overall a good workout. Oh and kept squats light since 3 days a week is killer so 2 days heavy, 1 day light is much more managable.

Firedrake
02-03-10, 1:10 am
Looking good, Jon -- I'm with you on the abs. I'm excited to be seeing mine come July.

Ardent
02-03-10, 1:17 am
Im keepin up with you man stay on it. The ABS WILL come. Your actions will = results and thats that.

Jon_Blaze
02-05-10, 2:06 am
Im keepin up with you man stay on it. The ABS WILL come. Your actions will = results and thats that.

Thanks man, I know it'll come with time but I want it NOW! like most people.

Weigh-in: 90.7kg

Workout:
Barbell Rows: 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 120kg x 5 | 125kg x 3 | 100kg x 8
Flat Bench: 95kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 3 | 60kg x 8 (MMC)
Squats: 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 4 | 120kg x 3 | 100kg x 8
Straight Bar Curls: 40kg x 10 | 50kg x 8 | 55kg x 6 | 60kg x 6 | 65kg x 4 | 40kg x 8
Dips: BW x 20 | +15kg x 10 | +18kg x 8 | 20kg x 6 | 22kg x 4 | BW x 5

Thoughts:
Workout today was on point. Dips and Curls got my arms pumped! I decided to do them finally like I do Squats/Bench/Rows and damn it pays off! Think I'll do my weighted sit-ups the same way from now on. Talked with Rob today about setting up an ABC out here in Korea and we got a date pretty much set. Feb 27, 2010 (not definite on time yet) is when the ANIMALS of Korea will come out and destroy the gym. Can't wait, I'm pumped for it and I'm looking to weigh in at like 87kg by that point.

Jon_Blaze
02-06-10, 12:47 am
Workout:
Skipped BJJ today.
20 minute run - 3.3km. 5 minute cool down: total distance - 3.77km
Pull ups: BW x 4 (wide) | BW x 6 (close) | BW x 4 (wide) | BW x 10 (close) | BW x 2 (wide) | BW x 10 (close)
Weighted Punches: 5kg x 50 | 10kg x 20

Thoughts
Running went pretty well for me. Didn't actually think I'd hit 2 miles but I clocked 2.1 miles in 20 minutes which isn't terrible. Skipped BJJ today since I was going to be retarded late for it so I'll go tomorrow but still wanted to get my cardio in. Had a big ass breakfast meal at 2am this morning so really wanted to just work the shit outta that. Off to go fix my phone and find an MMA school today.

rob_in_korea
02-06-10, 4:39 am
Excellent workouts Jon.
Our first ABC on the 27th will be awesome.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
02-08-10, 1:49 am
Workout:
30 minute cardio: bike (very light)
Bench: 100kg x 5 | 65kg x 5 | 70kg x 5 | 75kg x 5
Rows: 60kg x 5 | 65kg x 5 | 70kg x 5 | 75kg x 5
Squats: 60kg x 5 | 65kg x 5 | 70kg x 5 | 75kg x 5

Thoughts:
Feel like complete shit today. I'm super sore, but I'm so distant from my own body that I can barely feel it. Day is so far a complete haze and I feel numb but still have feeling? It's weird so I took it light today...going to take it light until I feel better..hate this feeling.

Firedrake
02-08-10, 11:02 am
Wise work -- if your body isn't responding, then don't endanger things. It's one thing to push through weariness or soreness; quite another when your body is giving off real danger signals.

Jon_Blaze
02-08-10, 7:29 pm
Wise work -- if your body isn't responding, then don't endanger things. It's one thing to push through weariness or soreness; quite another when your body is giving off real danger signals.

Definitely, luckily I don't have the feeling today which is good. Going to do some light jiu-jitsu to see where I can on that and if that is rough I'll be sitting out of sparring. Gonna be cruisin' light but sometimes that's just how it is.

rob_in_korea
02-10-10, 4:41 am
Still a fairly solid workout for feeling bad Jon. I agree with Jim, smart move on listening to your body. I know I haven't a few times and paid the price for it.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
02-10-10, 10:30 pm
Update:
Yeah, I finally wised up since I haven't listened to my body in the past either.
So yesterday, 2/10, I wasn't able to do my workout since I had to go to immigration and fix my visa status up, which is done. Food was 85% good, 15% crap.
Today, was going to go to jiu-jitsu and was ready for it...thing is...I woke up at 11am...jiu-jitsu class finishes at 11:30am...yeah. But I feel like a new freakin' person today. Most of my body aches are gone and I don't feel drained at all. So my weigh-in tomorrow should be interesting to see with 2 days off training.

Firedrake
02-10-10, 11:36 pm
Sounds, to this old warrior, like you needed the rest. If the body is that insistent about sleeping, you need to let it.

Good luck on the weigh-in!

Jon_Blaze
02-11-10, 10:58 pm
Weigh-in: 90.8kg = 200lbs (roughly)

Workout:
Squats: 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 120kg x 5
Rows: 60kg x 5 | 100kg x 5 (4 sets) (curl-grip)
Bench: 60kg x 5 | 70kg x 5 (3 sets)
Tricep Extensions: 5kg x 15 | 10kg x 12 | 15kg x 10 | 20kg x 8 | 25kg x 6
Cable Curls: 20kg x 15 | 30kg x 12 | 40kg x 10 | 45kg x 7 | 5kg x 15
HIIT Cardio: 10 minutes w/ 5 minute cooldown

Thoughts:
So figured out why my chest hurts like hell. All the dips, bench pressing and running I've been doing has been expanding my rib cage or something because I tried to do dips today with light benching and it didn't feel comfortable at all. So I switched it up to tricep extensions and felt much better. Everything feels fine but chest now so I'll be going easy on my chest for a while.

Fucked up my hand last night when I was sparring/goofing off with my room-mate. He did a front kick, I tried to catch it but without my glasses I didn't see it properly and accidently drove one of his toes into my hand..so the tendon between the ring finger and pinky is all sorts of pain right now. Nothing that rest and massaging it down won't fix but it will fuck up my grip in my left hand for a while.

Not happy with the weigh-in since I'm 2-3kg over what I should be right now. So I'm going to start focusing a lot more of getting my cardio workouts. My eating hasn't been that bad but with 2 days off, even if they were needed, did hurt my weigh-in. While I'm not happy with the numbers, I am in a lot better shape than I was when I did weigh 195lbs 5-7 years ago. I'm stronger, faster and a helluva lot meaner haha. So I'll take it in stride and just keep grinding it out. Hopefully the numbers will drop in the next week or so.

Firedrake
02-11-10, 11:58 pm
Great work, Jon -- you'll get the weight down where you want it soon!

Jon_Blaze
02-15-10, 6:49 pm
Yesterday was an off day due to the Lunar New Year. Going to Jiu-jitsu today and restarting after the holiday. Also found a stand-up gym to train at, so I'm real excited for that. Schedule will be looking like this:

Monday: 5x5, stand-up training
Tuesday: bjj
Wednesday: 5x5, stand-up training
Thursday: bjj
Friday: 5x5, stand-up training
Saturday: bjj, stand-up training
Sunday: off

The stand-up training will be used for my cardio and will probably be an hour or two long sessions, going to be fun and intense can't wait.

Firedrake
02-15-10, 7:48 pm
Looks like a busy schedule -- that remaining weight will be peeled off before you know it!

Jon_Blaze
02-16-10, 7:56 am
Yeah, it will be a pretty hectic schedule but so worth it. Did some cross-fit training today at jiu-jitsu since there was just me, the instructing brown belt and a purple belt. So we demolished the legs with blurpies (sp?), dumb-bell weight ATG squats, box jumps and a military press/squat together. No breaks, 3 sets (for me 15/9/4). Did it in 8 minutes. Afterwards, got some rest and sparred for a round. Planning on doing this tuesday/thursdays with different workouts. I think I'll get sore quick and be downing a lot of protein in order to help heal.

rob_in_korea
02-16-10, 11:35 am
Great looking workout Jon. That is a fairly busy schedule, just make sure you listen to your body.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
02-17-10, 3:55 am
Weigh-in: 90.5kg = 199.1lbs

Workout:
5 minute warm-up run
Standing Mil Press: 40kg x 5 | 50kg x 5 | 60kg x 3 | 55kg x 5
Dead-lift: 120kg x 5 | 130kg x 5 | 140kg x 5 | 150kg x 5
Decline Sit-up: +10kg x 12 | +10kg x 10 | +10kg x 12 | +10kg x 10
1hr Muay Thai training

Thoughts:
Didn't do squats today because my legs are sore, so didn't want to work them anymore. Didn't go too heavy since today was my first back to Muay Thai training in 5-6 years. Yeah, it's been that long and I got the rust today to prove it. Went in, paid the money and got to work for an hour and 15 minutes today. The coach knew I had previous experience but didn't know how long of a lay-off I had and was in amazement on how crappy I was doing. Told him about how long of a lay-off I had and it made sense to him after that. So we worked the basics, they do some things differently here but overall the same stuff I learned back in the day. Due to rust, a lot of my moves were 'loopy' and wide, but once the rust falls off, it'll be back to nice, crisp and tight punches and kicks. My balance for kicking was garbage too, but he did say I had decent power which is a positive. Was definitely fun to finally get back into the standing game, and it should definitely help me get past this 90.5kg plateau I got.

Jon_Blaze
02-19-10, 2:00 am
Weigh-In: 91.5kg

Workout:
5 minute warm-up: jogging.
Squats: 100kg x 5 | 105kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 115kg x 5 | 125kg x 3 | 105kg x 6
Bench: 95kg x 5 | 110kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 (3 sets)
BB Rows (done with curl style grip): 80kg x 5 | 85kg x 5 | 90kg x 5 | 95kg x 5 | 100kg x 5
Tricep Extensions: 5kg x 10 | 10kg x 10 | 15kg x 10 | 20kg x 8 | 25kg x 3 | 5kg x 10
Cable Curls: 30kg x 10 | 35kg x 10 | 40kg x 10 | 45kg x 10 | 50kg x 3 | 30kg x 10
1.15hr Muay Thai Training

Thoughts:
Felt like I was holding extra water in my body when I did the weigh-in. Felt soft, which is weird but I think my body is ready to just dump weight again, which will be good. Bench Press...went light since my chest is still sore and I didn't have a spot so I don't want to try any weights to where I need help off the bar. Kept rows light also since I'm doing a different grip and my back is just slayed from Muay Thai.
Now Muay Thai training...as I mentioned before...its been some time since I've last done it. The coach put me through some stretching warm-ups that just killed me after doing all the lifting beforehand. Felt good to go through all the motions and rework my form from the ground back up. So its definitely a better cardio workout and much more fun. 9 minute weighted jump-roping...hurts like none other.

sunny_max
02-20-10, 6:33 am
solid workouts jon....you been putting some good work in here my man

Jon_Blaze
02-20-10, 7:11 pm
sunny_max! How has everything been brother? It's good to see you back here again. Yeah the work has been solid so far but I think I've actually hit a bump in the road. I think I might have caught something to get me slightly sick cuz I don't feel 100% and coupled with the new regiment I think its kicking my ass. Got acupuncture done yesterday and the doc said I gotta go half the weight next week in order to recup. Going in for another poking I think soon, I got some chronic pain I need him to kill.

Firedrake
02-20-10, 8:59 pm
Listen to the doc -- especially acupuncturists, with their awareness of your energy patterns and flow, for they can tell you more about yourself and your operating systems than is readily apparent.

Great work goin' on, nonetheless!

sunny_max
02-20-10, 9:37 pm
sunny_max! How has everything been brother? It's good to see you back here again. Yeah the work has been solid so far but I think I've actually hit a bump in the road. I think I might have caught something to get me slightly sick cuz I don't feel 100% and coupled with the new regiment I think its kicking my ass. Got acupuncture done yesterday and the doc said I gotta go half the weight next week in order to recup. Going in for another poking I think soon, I got some chronic pain I need him to kill.

everythings good brother....good to be back!........yeah man like jim said...listen to the doc....you wanan be a 100% to hit the weights a 100%

Jon_Blaze
02-21-10, 5:25 am
Listen to the doc -- especially acupuncturists, with their awareness of your energy patterns and flow, for they can tell you more about yourself and your operating systems than is readily apparent.

Great work goin' on, nonetheless!

everythings good brother....good to be back!........yeah man like jim said...listen to the doc....you wanan be a 100% to hit the weights a 100%

No doubt about that, I'm working on getting my chi back up to what it used to be before I went around and fucked up my body too much. In order to do that though, I think I'll have to cut all supplements out for a period of time since I'll be on some old school chinese herbal medicines. Going to the doctor again in the middle of the week and probably a few more times to get all everything worked out. They did say people with chronic pain should be back like 2 times a week and I do have chronic pain in my right knee. So going to do that, get all the crap in my body out (coughed up some brown spit today, was uber nasty) and get my body back into full circulation before I even lift heavy again. I'll be doing light weights and more cardio/muay thai than anything else for now.

rob_in_korea
02-21-10, 7:46 am
Solid looking workout Jon. I hope everything heals up quick.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
02-24-10, 10:01 am
Weigh-in: 90.5kg
Workout:
30 minute cardio
Military press: 30kg x 10 | 35kg x 10 | 35kg x 10 | 40kg x 8
Dead lift: 60kg x 10 (4sets)

Update:
So went in for another session today and the chiropractor worked on my back. Apparently my spine has been twisted and has been causing pressure on my right side giving me my chest pain among other things. So they're going to straighten me out, get my spine to where it should be and I'll be able to do heavy weights again. It's running me $70 a session and it takes 3-5 sessions to get it fixed, but hopefully it'll be soon.

sunny_max
02-28-10, 10:51 pm
shit thats a lotta money man.......hope you get back at it soon!

Jon_Blaze
03-02-10, 7:06 pm
Update:
Yesterday did about 1.5 hrs of cardio, just walked on the mill since the doctor won't let me do more than that. Today should hopefully be my last day with the doc and hopefully I'll be cleared to start working out again. I'll update on how long I'm still out or if I'm good to go once I know.

Firedrake
03-02-10, 8:57 pm
Get your systems (physical and spiritual) straighten out, so your chi flows better and you've cleared out the sludge.

I've used Chinese herbals to good effect before. Back in the 90s, I went to the Institute for Eastern Medicine at UCLA - which my insurance even covered. Sometimes you just have to rebalance the body. Once I get past my July show, I may do that, myself.

Jon_Blaze
03-03-10, 8:12 pm
Good news! The doctor cleared me for exercise so that I can begin training again, I'm going to keep it light since I do have a check-up again on Monday to make sure everything is good after putting some workouts in. So got an hour to 1.5 hours of muay thai training today, woot woot.

sunny_max
03-04-10, 1:23 am
get at it bro.....good to see you can workout again!.......just take it easy on your body and slowly get back in things

Jon_Blaze
03-04-10, 8:12 pm
get at it bro.....good to see you can workout again!.......just take it easy on your body and slowly get back in things

Plan to man.

Weigh-in: 89kg (Finally broke that damn 90kg marker!)
Workout: Stealin' the idea from Rob on that I'll be doing 4 second negatives with everything now. With that, I'm going from the ground level all the way back up in weight.

Squats: 20kg (bar) x 10 | 30kg x 10 | 35kg x 10
Bench: 20kg (bar) x 10 | 30kg x 10 | 35kg x 10
BB Row: Same as previous 2.
Cable Curls: 10kg x 10 | 15kg x 10 | 20kg x 10
Tricep Extension: 5kg x 10 | 10kg x 10 | 10kg x 5

Having a quick meal now before I walk on over to my muay thai practice. I've cut out using the treadmill for now since it is a 20 minute walk to my gym from my house and vice versa. So I plan on making that my cardio by doing 40 minute walks to and from the gym and then to and from the muay thai gym which is the same distance. Everything feels good so far.

rob_in_korea
03-05-10, 12:11 am
Congrats on breaking that 90kg mark Jon. I am sure you'll find the 4 second negatives quite enjoyable. Solid looking workout.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
03-05-10, 10:15 pm
Yeah they are definitely fun, I feel a burn today that I normally get for slinging big iron, my body is sore and I love it.

sunny_max
03-06-10, 1:38 am
sweet man....its always fun to tip over the 200lb mark......in your case 90kg haha....good looking workouts jon...and 4 second negatives sounds good!

Jon_Blaze
03-09-10, 8:27 pm
Weigh-in: 90.3kg

Workout (4-second negatives for everything):
Leg Press Machine: 20kg x 10 | 50kg x 10 | 60kg x 10 | 70kg x 10
Rack Pull (bottom peg): 40kg x 10 | 50kg x 10 | 60kg x 10 | 70kg x 10
Behind the Neck Press*: bar x 10 | 10kg x 10 | 20kg x 10 | 30kg x 10
Decline Sit ups: 10kg x 10 (4 sets regulars)
*: Used the guided smith machine, so won't count bar weight. All weight is the weight added onto the machine.

Thoughts:
Felt good to finally get back into routine since I've broken my cycle of routine a while ago. Now that I'm getting back into routine it definitely feels much better. It'll take me another week to really get adjusted but once I'm there I'll start switching up light negative weeks and heavy weeks then rotate light and heavy days. Back feels much better overall so glad that was finally fixed. I believe the main culprit in my back getting jacked-up was the squats though so I'll be laying off them for a while and be using the leg press machine.

sunny_max
03-10-10, 1:54 am
rotating light and heavy days is a good idea...thats what i am doing....keep the muscles guessing!

rob_in_korea
03-10-10, 3:56 am
Outstanding workout Jon. I like the idea of switching up weeks, I may do the same thing in a month or so.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
03-10-10, 9:50 pm
So today I have my last chiropractor appointment. Hoping it goes well. Had Muay Thai practice last night and I was the only person there for a while but other people showed up...and then we did clinch work...my neck is so sore right now haha. And my left ear is bruised, figure that out.

Jon_Blaze
03-12-10, 11:52 pm
Weigh-in: 90.6kg

Workout:
Leg Press Machine: 50kg x 10 | 60kg x 10 | 70kg x 10 | 80kg x 10
Bench Press: 40kg x 10 | 50kg x 10 | 60kg x 10 | 65kg x 10
BB Row: Same as Bench
Straight Bar Curls: bar (20kg) x 10 | 25kg x 10 | 30kg x 10 | 30kg x 10
Tricep Extensions: 5kg x 10 | 10kg x 10 | 15kg x 10
1.5hr Muay Thai training

sunny_max
03-13-10, 1:54 am
solid session bro.....its pretty cool you go for muay thai after all that hard work.......i just like to crawl in bed after a workout haha....

Jon_Blaze
03-14-10, 3:58 am
solid session bro.....its pretty cool you go for muay thai after all that hard work.......i just like to crawl in bed after a workout haha....

Haha I'd do the same brah but it is the only time I can train with my work schedule so I gotta endure some brutal training. This should start the shedding better for me now, especially since I'm not lifting heavy anymore.

rob_in_korea
03-14-10, 7:19 am
Great looking workout Jon. 90 mins of Muay Thai after that is intense.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
03-17-10, 8:05 pm
Been a few days since I've posted up. Had a bad case of indigestion to where I was barely able to eat solid food and still kinda kicking around now.

Tuesday:
Weigh in 89.75kg
Workout:
Leg Press Machine: 55kg x 10 | 65kg x 10 | 75kg x 10 | 80kg x 10 | 85kg x 10
Bench: 45kgx 10 | 55kg x 10 | 60kg x 10 | 65kg x 10 | 70kg x 10 (last 3 had to reset)
Rows: 45kg x 10 | 55kg x 10 | 60kg x 10 | 65kg x 10 | 70kg x 10
Hypers: 5kg x 10 (4 sets)
1hr BJJ.

Couldn't eat any food on Tuesday...anything I did ate I threw it back up so since then I've been feeling like garbage.

Wednesday: no training, was able to eat 2 bowls of cereal and some noodles so got 3 meals in at least.

Today: Going to try and do BJJ today and see how I operate, going to try to take meals in when I can we'll see if I can hold them in.

rob_in_korea
03-21-10, 9:20 am
Solid workout Jon. I hope you are feeling better now.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
03-21-10, 10:57 am
Alright...been a few more days haha. I'm getting bad at posting things up these days since I'm staying pretty busy but here's what friday looked like.

Leg Press: 100kg x 20 | 90kg x 30 | 70kg x 50
Bench: 80kg x 12 | 70kg x 15 | 60kg x 16 *
BB Rows: 80kg x 5 | 70kg x 15 | 60kg x 25
DB Preachers: 10kg x 12 | 9kg x 20 | 8kg x 22
Dips: +10kg x 10 | +5kg x 15 | BW x 25

*: Found a problem I developed in my bench, going to restructure my benching to fix this problem and get it to where my chest develops evenly, currently building my right side more.

Thoughts: I weighed in at 88.8kg on Friday and my appetite has completely left me. I'm no longer hungry anymore which I use to always be when doing my current meal plans. Now I don't have that issue so dieting will definitely be a bit easier. I'm switching to do lighter lifts and higher reps for now and going to fix my bench so that'll be better overall and I'll move up to heavier weights again once I get closer to the weight I want to attain.

Jon_Blaze
03-22-10, 11:09 am
Weigh-in: 87.6kg (Hell yea!)

Workout:
Leg Press Machine: 100kgx15 | 110kgx12 | 120kgx10 | 130kgx10 (easy)
DB Bench Press: 15kgx20 | 20kgx18 | 25kgx14 | 28kgx10
BB Rows (underhand grip): 40kgx20 | 50kgx20 | 55kgx20 | 60kgx15
Hyper-extensions: +10kgx15 | +10kgx15 | +10kgx12
Oblique Raises: +10kgx10 | +10kgx10 | BWx12
1.5hr Muay Thai training.

Thoughts:
Happy with the weight I've been shedding. Hoping to hit 85kg by the end of the month and hit 77-80kg before May 9th. Got a competition in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu that day and I plan on entering in one of the lighter weight categories, so have to make weight now. Muay Thai training is tough, my body isn't responding like I want it to, so I gotta get myself pounded until my body can finally remember what to fuckin' do. Hate being the scum on the bottom, but that's where I'm at right now and only thing I can do is grind myself up.

Jon_Blaze
03-23-10, 11:29 am
Workout:
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Cross Training

Thoughts:
Leg was in agony today from the thai kick practice. A good 80% of my right shin is a pure bruise, so it hurt like hell in BJJ today. Did a cross training program after BJJ with a purple belt and the BJJ instructor. Drained the hell out of me but its one helluva cardio program. We did a 10 minute session today and I think I've had more steam leave my body in that short period than I could get from an hour of solid rolling.

The competition is May 9th and I got more information about it. The weight class I'm shooting for is 77kg (170lbs). Next one above that is the 84kg (185lbs). So I have until May 8th to hit 77kg, which is a good 10kgs to drop. 22lbs will be rough but I'll attempt it. This will be my first BJJ competition so it'll be fun to see how I do but I don't plan to win it since my competition will have more BJJ experience (some of them up to 2 years) and apparently a lot of these guys are former judo-ka. So they have pretty good base skills and throws overall, which will be interesting to see on how my natural ability compares to that. Can't wait, going to rest up and hit the gym in the AM.

Jon_Blaze
03-23-10, 11:11 pm
Weigh-in: 86.95kg (had more clothing on than monday too!)
Workout:
3 minute warm-up jog
Pull-ups: BWx3 (wide) | x10 (close) | x3 (wide) | x10 (close) | Assisted 15kgx6 (wide) | 30kg x10 (wide)
Incline BB Bench: 40kgx25 | 50kgx20 | 60kgx10 (gassed out, muscles were tired)
Deadlift: 40kgx15 | 50kgx15 | 60kgx15 (kept form nice and tight)
BtN Shoulder Press*: 20kgx20 | 30kgx20 | 40kgx10 | 40kgx10
Oblique Raises: BWx12 (4 sets)
Leg Raises: BWx12 (4 sets)
5 minute jog/run.
*: Machine so not counting bar weight, just weight added.

Thoughts:
Weight is shedding pretty quickly, which I'm very happy about now, looking like I can make this weight. Starting up my running again after taking time off from it since I walk everywhere I go these days. My endurance has turned to shit cuz of it so with me running again, my endurance should be shooting back up to above average to excellent so that I can do well in competition. Plan on increasing my running times to 10 minutes on Friday then by next Friday I should hopefully be doing 20-30 minute runs. Hope to make it to Muay Thai tonight but with work piling on, have to get that done before I'm allowed to play.

sunny_max
03-24-10, 12:10 am
looking good with your weight loss goals buddy.....keep it up bro!

rob_in_korea
03-24-10, 10:51 am
Excellent workouts Jon and congrats on the weight loss.
Don't sell yourself short on the competition.
Years ago I held my own in the middleweight weight class. The guy didn't sub me but he beat me on points. I found out later he was an assistant instructor at some other BJJ academy and had been training for about six years.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
03-26-10, 11:11 am
Oh I'm not selling myself short. I'm more amped that my opponents are going to be good. I love a good challenge, and it drives me to get better. Took today as a rest day since I had a work meeting to get to. Did the cross training program again on thursday...which whooped my ass. Going to hit the gym pretty hard tomorrow and just rest up and sleep all day sunday. Will post up tomorrow on my weigh-in...not sure where it will be at since I've eaten a lot more food the past 2 days to keep energy up, so the diet is slightly different now.

Jon_Blaze
03-30-10, 12:46 am
Been a few days since I last posted, just been busy with this new workout schedule and work that I just don't have time or the energy to keep my log going actively.

Saturday:
Weigh-in: 89kg
DB Bench: 20kgx20 (2 sets)
BB Rows: 40kgx20 | 50kgx20 | 60kgx15
Preacher Curls: (Excluding light EZ bar) 10kgx15 | 15kgx10 | 20kgx10
BJJ & Muay Thai for cardio

Sunday: laid in bed for 90% of the day and grocery shoppin!

Monday:
Weigh-in: 87.7kg
BB Rows: 50kgx20 | 60kgx20 | 65kgx20 | 70kgx15
Incline Bench: 50kgx20 | 55kgx20 | 60kgx11 | 65kgx9
Hypers: +10kgx12 (4 sets)
Oblique Raises: +10kgx12 (4 sets)
Leg Raises: BWx12 (4 sets)
Cardio: Jogging 10 minutes & Muay Thai

Tuesday (today):
BJJ training
Cross Fit training: 60kg (approx) Deadlift (3 sets of 10) and Tuck Jumps (3 sets of 30) - This is continous no resting in between sets.

I go in tomorrow for my next weigh-in but I think my weight shot up due to the muscle growth and just getting more food in for the rest. Since then weight has settled back down. Looks like I won't make the 77kg weight-class. Reason being is that I have to weigh-in on the day of the competition and weigh-in with the gi which is 2kg. So in actuality I'd have to cut down to 75kg and compete and I can't do that effectively. So I'm going to go down as far as I can and compete at whatever weight I do get to comfortably without losing the ability to function in competition.

Firedrake
03-30-10, 12:48 am
Good looking work - getting the work done is more important than logging it here -- we'll still be here when you have a minute!

A 1.3 kilo loss between Saturday and Monday? Water weight?

rob_in_korea
03-30-10, 4:20 am
Awesome workouts Jon. That cross fit training looks intense.

-Rob

sunny_max
03-31-10, 4:08 am
good to see your ataying at it jon!...keep up the good work!

Jon_Blaze
04-01-10, 11:22 am
Good looking work - getting the work done is more important than logging it here -- we'll still be here when you have a minute!

A 1.3 kilo loss between Saturday and Monday? Water weight?

I'm thinking it was, but I did see some drop off in my waist size too, though it wasn't drastic.

Awesome workouts Jon. That cross fit training looks intense.

-Rob

Yeah the cross fit program is nuts. I dread doing it but love it at the same time. My cardio has gone up due to it though

good to see your ataying at it jon!...keep up the good work!

Haha yeah man, just trying to keep grinding it out.

Alright here are the past 2 days

Wednesday:
Weigh-in: 87.5kg
Warmup Jog 10 minutes
Pullups: bwx4 (wide) | bwx10 (close) | assisted 15kgx10 (wide) | bwx10 (close) | assisted 15kgx10 (wide) | bwx10 (close)
ATG Squats: 40kgx20 | 50kgx20
Leg Press Machine: 100kgx15 | 100kgx15
BTN Press: 30kgx20 | 40kgx20 | 50kgx12 | barx20
Hypers: +12kgx12 | +12kgx12
Obliques: +12kgx12 | bwx12
20min cardio

Thursday:
BJJ
Cross Fit: 5 kettle-bell swings, 5 kettle-bell atg squats, 5 blurpies (16kg kettlebell, 11 minutes) & 4 minute ab program*

*The ab program is when you are in the guard position on the ground and you have to follow a person who is walking in circles around you by using your hips to turn your body.

Jon_Blaze
04-02-10, 10:19 pm
Weigh-in: 88.6kg
Workout:
10m warmup
DB bench: 22kgx20 | 25kgx18 | 28kgx12 | 18kgx15
DB Rows: 28kgx15 | 35kgx15 | 45kgx10
Row Machine: 15kgx20 (2 sets)
Smith Squats: (weight added only) 20kgx20 | 30kgx15 | 35kgx15
DB Preachers: 8kgx15 | 10kgx10 | 12kgx6
Dips: bwx12 (3 sets)
30 minutes bike
Muay Thai

Work was hell on friday...that's about it haha.

sunny_max
04-06-10, 10:42 pm
solid work bro....squats look good.......hows muay thai coming along for you?

Jon_Blaze
04-08-10, 11:21 pm
Muay Thai is alright haha. I'm not as good at stand-up naturally as I am on the ground so I gotta put more effort in.

Either way, the past week has been shit. Got sick, had a temperature of 103 degrees. And today is my first day back into training (just lifting only). Took it pretty easy just to ease back in. Going back to full swing on monday

Weigh-in: 87.65kg

Workout:
10 minute jog
DB Bench: 20kgx20 (3 sets)
Squats: 40kgx20 (3 sets)
Rows: 40kgx20 (3 sets)
DB Preachers: 7kgx15 (3 sets)
Dips: bwx12 (3 sets)

The weigh-in was a bit of a suprise. I was drinking up to 8-10 litres of water a day while I was sick so thought I'd weigh in more since I was also eating like shit.

rob_in_korea
04-10-10, 1:34 am
Great looking workouts Jon. I hope you're feeling 100% soon.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
04-13-10, 12:41 am
Great looking workouts Jon. I hope you're feeling 100% soon.

-Rob

Thanks man, feeling better but still got a runny nose which will just bug me for a while I think.

Monday:
Weigh-in: 85.55kg (lowest I've ever been as an adult)
10 minute jog
Incline Bench: 60kgx20 | 80kgx10 | 90kgx4
Rows: 40kgx20 | 60kgx20 | 70kgx20
Squats: 60kgx10 | 70kgx10 | 80kgx10
Hypers: bwx12 (3 sets)
Obliques: bwx12 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: bwx12 (3 sets)
1hr Muay Thai

Thoughts: Happy with the weigh-in. I've been taking in more fluids the whole past week so I don't believe its water weight. Working on getting my cardio done. Jogged for 10 minutes, got my mile in at 8 minutes 10 seconds. Going to cut it down to where I'm hitting 6 minute miles and being able to knock off 3 miles in about 20-22 minutes. Figure at that point, my cardio will definitely be where it should be at.

Jon_Blaze
04-14-10, 10:38 pm
Weigh-in: 86.15kg
ATG Squats: 60kgx20 (2 sets)
Pull-ups: widexfailure (3 sets) | closex10 (3 sets)
BTN Shoulder Press: 30kgx20 | 40kgx18 | 50kgx8
Deadlift: 100kgx10 (3 sets)
Oblique Raises: bwx12 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: bwx12 (3 sets)

Cardio: didn't do it -.-

Had a runny nose so couldn't breathe through the nose and had bitten my tongue on tuesday in jiu jitsu so its kinda swollen...sucks.

Firedrake
04-14-10, 11:11 pm
Solid work for someone with breathing issues!

I hope it clears soon!

Jon_Blaze
04-15-10, 12:37 pm
The lifting really never got me breathing hard. I get lucky with that but its that damn running that where my breathing technique turns to garbage shit. Going to be running tomorrow. Friend flew in to Seoul from Atlanta last night so got one of my boys from back home visiting, good to have him here to keep me motivated.

Firedrake
04-15-10, 7:50 pm
You'll work through it, I'm sure -- especially with an old friend to look good in front of! <grin>

Jon_Blaze
04-19-10, 12:12 pm
You'll work through it, I'm sure -- especially with an old friend to look good in front of! <grin>

Well after reading the cardio you did man, I got my motivation and determination back that I was losing. So I'm hitting the gym back with a new fire.

Monday:
Morning: Muay Thai
Evening: 7 minute jog warm-up
Incline Bench: barx10 | 80kgx8 (2 sets) | 90kgx4 | 70kgx8
ATG Squats: 40kgx20 | 80kgx8 | 90kgx8 (2 sets) | 40kgx20
BB Rows: 60kgx20 | 80kgx10 | 90kgx10 | 100kgx5 | 60kgx20
Hyper-extensions: +5kgx12 (3 sets)
Oblique Raises: +5kgx12 (3 sets)
Sit-ups: +5kgx12 (3 sets)

Felt good to get back into the gym with a determined outlook again. My muay thai coach wants me to cut down to 75kg in order to fight...so that's another good 25lbs of cutting I get to look forward to...yay.

rob_in_korea
04-21-10, 7:26 am
Excellent workouts Jon. I like the new determination.
So you have to drop 10kgs?
That is a decent amount but if you want it I am sure you'll do it.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
04-21-10, 7:51 am
Yeah he wants me to drop 10-11kg. Its a lot of weight after I just dropped to 86-87kg. Going to re-start dietting again I think next month since I've been doing it for so long.

Wednesday Morning:
Weigh-in: 86.6kg - 191lbs
16 minute jog - 4 minute walk - 3.5km
Pull-ups: assisted 5kg widex6 (2 sets) | body weight closex10 (3 sets) | assisted 20kg widex10
Deadlift: 100kgx8 (3 sets)
BTN Shoulder Press: 20kgx20 | 40kgx12 | 50kgx10
Obliques: bwx15 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: bwx15 (3 sets)
Sit-ups: bwx15 (3 sets)

sunny_max
04-25-10, 9:10 pm
oh wow 11 kgs.......keep at it bro...you can do it!

Jon_Blaze
04-26-10, 9:28 pm
Yeah it's more weight to drop. Not planning on doing it immediately since I've grown extremely hateful of chicken, so I'm off-diet for right now but not eating anything too crazy.

Either way my monday workout:

5 minute jog warm-up
Flat Bench: 60kgx25 | 65kgx16+5* | 60kgx12
ATG Squats: 60kgx20 | 65kgx20 | 70kgx18 | 60kgx12
BB Rows: 60kgx20 | 65kgx20 | 70kgx10-12 | 60kgx20
Hyper-extensions: +5kgx15 (3 sets)
Obliques: +5kgx15 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: BWx15x10x15
Decline Sit-ups: +8kgx12 (3 sets)

*: Had to set the bar back and re-start

Thoughts:
Bench wasn't anywhere near where I wanted it to be today. The light weights high reps might not have been light enough since I've last done volume. So I'll tweak where necessary. Missed Muay Thai on Monday since I had to fix my bed and I got 2 weeks of laundry piled up. Needed to get my house chores done, that and I had the runs. Going on Tuesday in place of it instead of jiu-jitsu which I also need to go back to.

Firedrake
04-27-10, 8:25 pm
Jiu-jitsu, Muay Thai, and weights? No wonder you don't have time to do laundry!

Great work, Jon -- I've got about another 23 lbs. to lose by July 24th myself, so I just keep chompin' on that chicken -- if I eat much more, I'm gonna sprout feathers!

Jon_Blaze
04-28-10, 4:39 am
Another 23lbs by July 24th? Whew, but you're only losing it for a show right? I think I'm going to be permanently moved down to that weight-class. Don't get to go to Muay Thai today

Wednesday Workout:
Weigh-in: 86.2kg = 190lbs
20 minute jog - 4.1km - w/ 3 minute cooldown - 4.365km
Pull-ups: assisted 10kg widex8 (2 sets) | body weight closex10 (2 sets)
BTN Shoulder Press: 40kgx12 | 45kgx10 | 50kgx10 | 55kgx8
Power Clean & Press: 30kgx10 | 35kgx10 | 40kgx8 | 45kgx8
Dead-lift: 100kgx8 (2 sets) | 120kgx5 | 130kgx5
Obliques: body weightx15 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: body weightx15 (3 sets)
Sit-ups: bodyweightx15 (3 sets)

The run just drained me, my legs are super sore. Happy with the weigh-in since I have been off-diet, eating fatty foods at times and was out drinking all weekend. So to cut weight after doing all that...kinda happy haha.

Firedrake
04-28-10, 2:17 pm
Great work, Jon -- yeah, I'm cutting for a show. I need to get down to 5% bf or thereabouts, and I'm still over 15%, dammit. Rage is at 258 and 8% already, blast him. I should be so lucky.

Jon_Blaze
04-28-10, 10:26 pm
lol if I was so lucky myself man, I'd love to be that size or any size at 8%

sunny_max
04-30-10, 11:06 pm
lol yeah thats some awesome size for rage....haha....you will get there jim!

nice clean and press jon...i love that movement!

and mosley FTW!!!! who you rooting for?

Jon_Blaze
05-01-10, 10:16 am
Kinda want Mosley to win, but I want Mayweather to win to fight Pac-man.

rob_in_korea
05-03-10, 8:13 am
Great looking workouts Jon.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
05-03-10, 9:12 pm
Weigh-in: 86.9kg (Did this at 11pm at night vs my normal time of 9-10am)
5 minute jog
DB Bench: 20kgx20 | 22kgx20 (2 sets) | 25kgx7
BB Rows: 60kgx20 | 70kgx20 | 75kgx20 | 80kgx12
ATG Squats: 80kgx10 | 85kgx12 | 90kgx8 | 60kgx20
Hyper-extensions: bwx15 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: bwx15 (3 sets)
Obliques: bwx15 (3 sets)
15 minutes bike

Firedrake
05-04-10, 12:10 am
Solid work, Jon!

Jon_Blaze
05-05-10, 2:54 am
Solid work, Jon!

Thanks Jim. I'm feeling my quads like none other today since it has been a while since I've decided to keep the squats at a higher weight range.

Weigh-in: 85.65kg! - 188.82lbs (Lowest I've ever been in my adult life)
10 minute jog - 2.1km
Pull-ups: assisted by 10kg widex8 (2 sets) | body weight closex10 (2 sets)
BTN Shoulder Press: 40kgx12 | 45kgx12 | 50kgx10 | 55kgx8
Deadlift: 100kgx10 | 130kgx5 | 140kgx3
Obliques: body weightx15 (3 sets)
Leg Raises: body weightx15 (3 sets)
Sit-ups: body weightx15 (3 sets)
15 minutes bike

Thoughts:
Quads are killing me, it hurt walking back home but it felt great since its that good kind of sore. 2 of the guys in the gym were killing their legs today to where they were stumbling around to walk, felt good to see other people putting in some of that hard-iron work. Have the day off so going to enjoy it!

sunny_max
05-05-10, 10:42 pm
great SUTAS day man......deadlifts look real good!....i was hoping mosley is gonan win...but shit mayweather took the fight...i din watch it....we had a dinner party at my gf's parents...but anyways i read about it round by round...looks like anything after the first 3 rounds it was mosleys fight!

it will be interestign to see the pac-man version now! haha

rob_in_korea
05-07-10, 11:04 pm
Awesome workouts Jon. Congrats on the weight loss.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
05-17-10, 5:35 pm
It's been a while since I last posted. I've been pretty busy overall, and my current laptop is a complete piece of shit (6 years old) so I rarely get online at home but usually do this at work. Luckily I got it working enough to jump on today.
I've been keeping up with my 3 day a week routine and am finally going back to working out 5 days a week. Going to also start dieting again, going to get down to 80kg as my new permanent weight. Felt like I just needed to update...once my phone reboots I'll post up what I did the past week.

sunny_max
05-19-10, 12:40 am
solid bro...good to see you still kicking it!

Firedrake
05-19-10, 12:52 am
Keep at it, bro! Getting the work done is what's important.

Jon_Blaze
05-21-10, 2:31 am
Alright, at work on a functioning computer with the students doing an independent bullshit assignment I just made up. Here we go with a list of workouts I did the past week.

May 12, 2010:
Weigh-in: 87.3kg
20min jog - 3.9km (did 2miles (3.2km) in 14:18, and walked rest)
Pull-ups: assisted 10kg wide x 10 (2 sets) | bodyweight close x 10 (2 sets)
BTN Shoulder Press: 45kgx12 | 50kgx12 | 55kgx10 | 60kgx7
Deadlift: 100kgx8 | 120kgx5 | 130kgx5 | 135kgx4
Obliques: bwx15 (3s)
Leg Raises: bwx15 (3s)
Sit-ups: bwx15 (3s)
20m bike

May 14, 2010
Weigh-in: 86.8kg
5 minute jog
DB Bench: 28kgx18 | 30kgx10 | 35kgx5 | 22kgx18
BB Rows: 70kgx20 | 80kgx20 | 85kgx18 | 90kgx15
ATG Squats (machine) 40kgx20 | 50kgx20 | 60kgx18
DB Preachers: 8kgx20 | 10kgx10 (2 sets) 12kgx6
Dips: bwx20x20x10
Abs (Obliques, Leg Raises) bwx15 (3s)
30m bike

May 17, 2010
Weigh-in: 88kg
5m jog
DB Bench: 22kgx20 (2s) | 22kgx12 10kgx12 | 10kgx20
BB Rows: 80kgx15 (4s)
Machine ATG Squats: 40kgx15 (4s)
Abs (Obliques, Leg Raises, Sit-ups) bwx15 (3s)
27m mountain climber

May 19, 2010
Weigh-in: 86.5kg
12m jog - 2.4km (hit 1.6km in 6:56)
Pull-ups: assisted by 10kg widex10 (2 sets) widex7 | closex5x5x4
BTN Shoulder Press: 45kgx12 | 50kgx12 | 55kgx10 | 60kgx8
Deadlift: 120kgx5 (3s)
Abs (Obliques, Leg Raises, Sit-ups) bwx15 (3s)
30m bike.

sunny_max
05-22-10, 2:50 am
great looking workouts bro....looks like you been putting in some solid work!

Jon_Blaze
05-22-10, 4:18 am
great looking workouts bro....looks like you been putting in some solid work!

Thanks man, been trying to just cut off all this extra jiggles I got.

Today's workout:
weigh-in: 85.7kg
3m jog
BB Rows: 100kgx10 (2s) 105kgx8 60kgx20
DB Bench: 28kgx15 (2s) 15kgx20 (2s)
ATG Squats (Machine): 60kgx10 (3s) 20kgx20
DB Preachers: 7kgx20 (2s) 10kgx15x12
Dips: bwx20x15x15x11
30m bike

Firedrake
05-22-10, 1:39 pm
I understand the extra jiggles -- I'm down to 10% bf, but still have this little "roll" around the waist, dammit.

Jon_Blaze
05-24-10, 4:46 am
I understand the extra jiggles -- I'm down to 10% bf, but still have this little "roll" around the waist, dammit.

Don't you just hate it? I think its all that weight I've always had just waiting to be cut off but just won't go away. Can't wait to be rid of it

Workout:

45m bike
BB Rows: 60kgx20 (3s)
DB Bench: 10kgx20 15kgx20 (2s)
Squats: 20kgx20 (3s)
Abs: bwx15 (3s)

Kept it easy today since I'm sore and I'm going to go in to see how my back is holding up on wednesday. Been a while since I screwed it up so finally going to see if its holding up well after all this time.

rob_in_korea
05-25-10, 10:33 am
Excellent workouts Jon. It looks like the weight is coming off nicely.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
05-31-10, 3:30 am
Twisted my right knee pretty wickedly on Saturday so couldn't squat today.

Weigh-in 86.85kg
30min bike
DB Bench: 15kgx20 (2s) | 20kgx15 (3s)
DB Shrugs: 20kgx20 (2s) | 22kgx20 (2s)
BB Rows: 60kgx25 (2s) | 80kgx20 (3s)
Hypers: bwx15 | 10kgx15(2s)
Oblique Crunch: 10kgx15 (3s)
Leg Raises: bwx15 (3s)
Decline Sit up: 10kgx15x12x12

Jon_Blaze
06-11-10, 8:23 am
Last Friday...
Weigh-in: 85.95kg
30m bike
DB Bench: 15kgx20 (2s) 20kgx15 (3s)
DB Shrugs: 20kgx20 (4s)
BB Rows: 80kgx20 (2s) 90kgx15(2s)
ATG Squat: 40kgx15 (3s)
DB Preacher Curls: 7kgx20 (2s) 12kgx10 (3s)
Dips: BWx15 (3s)

Monday...
30m bike
DB Bench: 20kgx20 (2s) 25kgx15 (3s)
DB Shrugs: 25kgx20 (4s)
ATG Squats: 50kgx15 (3s)
BB Rows: 80kgx20 (2s) 100kgx10 (3s)
Hypers: 10kgx15 (3s)
Oblique Crunch: 10kgx15 (3s)
Decline Sit-up: 10kgx15 (3s)

Today...
Weigh-in 85.95kg
10m jog
DB Bench: 22kgx15 (3s)
DB Shrug: 22kgx15 (3s)
ATG Squats: 60kgx15 (3s)
Dips: BWx15 (3s)
DB Preacher Curls 12kgx10 (3s)
30m bike

Firedrake
06-11-10, 8:27 pm
THERE you are!

Great looking work! How are you feeling with all that?

Jon_Blaze
06-14-10, 8:32 am
THERE you are!

Great looking work! How are you feeling with all that?

Been feeling pretty good. Diet has been off since I have a room-mate who's job is to buy the groceries and he hasn't been doing so well. Finally getting some protein powder back into my life again soon also. Aside from that, I've been sitting at the 86kg for a while now. Been putting in my work though.

Gym today....
20 minute jog - 4km
30 minute bike

Didn't lift today as my whole body is sore. I'm keeping the lifting out this week to see how much that'll help me with cutting some of my excess mass. Keeping it purely cardio and conditioning training and once I get those down to where I'm not dying, I'll start the strength part of the strength and conditioning program heh.

rob_in_korea
06-14-10, 8:40 am

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
06-15-10, 5:37 am

-Rob

Thanks man.

Today...
3x3MIN RND: Jump Roping
Warm-up exercises
Conditioning session

Jon_Blaze
07-01-10, 8:47 am
So, I haven't been keeping up with posting on my journey which is an ass on my part. I'm still training my 3 days a week for weight-lifting but things are changing now as I'm getting a dog, who is now going to be my new running partner. Just figure I'd throw at least an update once and a while, and hopefully starting posting full time again once I'm not just using my work computer to write this up.

Jon_Blaze
07-02-10, 2:54 am
All Weight is done in Kilos and are done in sets of 5 unless otherwise stated....

Friday...
30 minute jog/cardio - 5.45km
Standing Military Press: 30, 40, 50, 55
Deadlift: 120, 140, 150x2, 120
Calf Raise: 80, 90, 100, 110
Dips: 10, 15, 20, 25, 30
Straight Bar Curls: 20 (bar) , 30, 40, 50, 55

Jon_Blaze
07-05-10, 1:54 am
30 minute jog - 5km
DB Bench: 28, 30, 35, 40
BB Row: 110, 120, 125, 130, 135
ATG Squat: 95, 100, 105, 110
Hypers: bwx20, 5x16, 10x15
Obliques: bwx20, 5x16, 10x15
Sit-ups: bwx20, 6x16, 10x12
Hanging Leg Raises: bwx10 (4s)
Swiss Ball Crunches: bwx15 (3s)

Jon_Blaze
07-08-10, 2:51 am
15m jog - 3.1km
Standing Military Press: 35, 45, 55, 60
Deadlift: 120, 130, 140
Calf Raise: 100, 110, 120, 130
Obliques: bwx20 (4s)
Sit-ups: bwx20 (4s)
Toe to Bars: bwx8 (2s), x6
Swiss Ball Crunch: bwx15 (4s)

Jon_Blaze
07-14-10, 5:27 am
I forgot to post up yesterday. I did the Fight Gone Bad workout from CrossFit yesterday and damn that shit was tough. Today I did the Monday 'Workout of the Day' from Crossfit which consisted of...
21 dumb-bell squat snatch (right arm: 12kg)
21 pull-ups (assisted 20kg)
21 dumb-bell squat snatch (left arm: 12kg)

Did 2 rounds of that...took me 22 minutes and I couldn't finish the workout (it is 3 rounds). I'm liking the CrossFit programs and am going to do the programs they list on the website.

Jon_Blaze
07-21-10, 1:59 am
21 Squat-snatches (15kg)
21 Pull-ups (assisted 25kg)
Got 3 rounds in today! Took me like 35 minutes. Next week going to try and cut the time down.

rob_in_korea
07-21-10, 5:28 am
Workouts are looking nice Jon.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
07-26-10, 7:27 am
Saturday...
3 5-minute Rounds (broken to 1 minute intervals)
Burpees/Bag Combinations
Wall Ball (20kg dumb-bell sub)
Push-pulls (35kg)
Squat-pulls (35kg)
Box Jumps

Monday...
1-10 1-20 1-30 (set break down)
DB Bench: 40kg-30kg. 35-20, 35-15
Toe to Bars: bwx8 (3set)
Squats: 120-100, 120-80, 120-60 (only got 20 last set)
Curls: 35x10, bwx20, bwx30
Deadlift: 100kgx10**
Dips: bwx15(2s)
Hanging Leg Raises: bwx8 (3s)

Finished the Monday workout in about 50 minutes...I couldn't finish it all since my body just couldn't keep going, so I'm going to get it to where I can finally do a full routine of it and I'll be damned happy.

Jon_Blaze
07-30-10, 2:43 am
Wednesday...
Same as last week's, except I couldn't finish the 3rd set. Just got drained of all life by the time I hit the last one.

Friday....'Fight Gone Bad'
3 5-minute Rounds (broken to 1 minute intervals)
Burpees
Wall Ball (20kg dumb-bell sub)
Push-pulls (35kg)
Squat-pulls (35kg)
Box Jumps

The workout today went pretty well. I was able to keep pace for myself so I started off with sets of 15 in 1 minute and by the last round it only decreased to sets of 10 vs my breathing heavily and doing like 1 or 2 reps. So happy about that.

Jon_Blaze
08-04-10, 9:28 pm
Postin' up Wednesday's workout...ended up going at night after work due to some time issues in the morning (aka having a girl over). I decided to up the overall weight of the workout I do on Wednesday and definitely felt it harder, and I went in fresh since I haven't worked out since Friday.

Workout...
Set 1:
21 squat-snatches*:18kg (right)
21 squat-snatches:18kg (left)
Set 2:
Set 3:
7 pull-ups (assisted 20kg)
7 pull-ups (assisted 20kg)

I also hit abs afterwards, just a quick 10 minute burning session for them.

*: Need to find the actual name of this workout.

Finished the whole workout in 33 minutes, would've been faster but was using the gym-issued shorts which are awful for any squatting movement.

With that, I'm also back on track with my eating. Going to start posting up my meals on here again, starting now! (For Thursday's meals)

Meal 1: 2 Egg, Spam (Can't find real ham or turkey out here) & Cheese Sandwich
Meal 2: 1 cup pasta & 1 can of tuna
Meal 3: Same as Meal 2
Meal 4: spam/kimchi/egg fried rice. (1/2 cup of mixed rice)
Meal 5: 2 whole boiled eggs, 2 egg whites, 1/2 cup of mixed rice

Firedrake
08-05-10, 2:29 am
Good stuff goin' on, but

"spam/kimchi/fried egg rice"??? How you get so big eating food like that? <grin>

Jon_Blaze
08-06-10, 3:28 am
Good stuff goin' on, but

"spam/kimchi/fried egg rice"??? How you get so big eating food like that? <grin>

Lol, I'm not looking to add size, and its the only thing my roommate bought (he's the grocery guy for our household), so gotta use whatever I have to eat.

Also, added Meal 6 for yesterday was a bowl of frosted flakes and a gogo ice cream cone. was so good.

Today, did Fight Gone Bad. Didn't get to do it outdoors where I could do the box jumps.
3 5 minute rounds (broken into 1 minute sessions)
Burpees
20kg db wall ball
35kg squat-pulls
35kg push-pulls
20kg machine squat jumps

Was hoping to hit another round or two but the squat jumps were killer to the legs, had to be able to walk home haha.

Meals for today are
Meal 1: 2 Denmark Milk Drinking Yogurts
Meals 2-4: Total: 3 cups multi-grain pasta, 3 cans tuna, 4 eggs (2 whole, 2 egg whites), 2 slices of cheese. (Broken into 3 meals so individually 1 cup pasta, 1 can tuna, some portion of egg and cheese)

Meals are less today since I woke up late, it felt good to just lay in bed for an extra 4 hours.

rob_in_korea
08-08-10, 12:30 pm
Outstanding workouts Jon. How's the weight loss going?

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
08-09-10, 3:35 am
Outstanding workouts Jon. How's the weight loss going?

-Rob

Weight has been going back and forth from 85kg to 88kg. I'm in the flux area as my diet is still a little mucky right now since I'm not fully onto it and won't be until September (when I'm situated in my new apartment in 부산*). I'm playing around with different weights and experimenting with the workouts with the little time I have left up here to get everything to where I want it and then start getting back into a serious mode when I move.

Today:
1-10-1-20-1-30 sets
DB Bench
BB Rows
Jump Squats
BB Curls
Dips
Dead-lift

I don't remember the exact weight numbers I used but the 1 reps are heavy, 10 relatively heavy, 20 medium, 30 light.
I'm almost able to complete the full set of workouts, jump squats and dead-lifts are the only 2 that are giving me serious issues as they just gas me completely as they're closer to the end, might have to start with them first.

prowrestler
08-09-10, 3:30 pm
interesting workouts man, im not a crossfitter fan myself but i respect any form of hard work.

Jon_Blaze
08-09-10, 9:37 pm
interesting workouts man, im not a crossfitter fan myself but i respect any form of hard work.

It took me a minute to get used to it and really enjoy it myself. For the most part I use their ideology of high intensity and some of their more weight-training based workouts and the monday workouts I do are something I crafted on my own with their ideas. So far its been pretty intense and my cardio/conditioning has improved a lot.

rob_in_korea
08-10-10, 4:50 am
You are moving to Busan? I lived down there for about four months back in 2005 (actually it was 4 days there and 3 days in Seoul).
That last workout looks intense.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
08-11-10, 2:08 am
Yeah the last one definitely kicked my butt. My hamstrings are still feelin the burn.

So I woke up at 3:30AM this morning...ran with my dog (kinda, since she kept stopping to smell stuff so I was doing a sprint, stop, sprint stop). After that, went and did my normal Wednesday routine.

Last set only got 14 pull-ups per instead of the 21, trying to keep proper form and its killer.

Jon_Blaze
08-13-10, 2:54 am
Took today off, been getting up at the ass-crack of dawn lately so my body is still adjusting to this less sleep schedule. Got some extra rest in and what I was gonna do today I'll do tomorrow.

Jon_Blaze
08-16-10, 3:23 am
So I ended up missing Saturday also...tattoo process took a little longer than expected, as I was on the table for 5 hours and waited for another 3. Was a long day. I'm pretty much out of a gym for now until I move as I don't want to pay a month membership for 4-5 days. So it sucks.

Jon_Blaze
08-16-10, 7:56 am
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53057851@N04/4897607024/

Link for my back design for any of you curious.

rob_in_korea
08-16-10, 10:34 am
That is a great looking tattoo Jon.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
08-21-10, 4:29 am
That is a great looking tattoo Jon.

-Rob

Thanks man.

So an update of why I haven't posted on my own journal lately. I've been out of the gym for the past week and a half (hating it but having to suffer it). I won't be able to get back in until the 2nd week of September (maybe earlier). This being to my move to a different city so everything has just been hectic, running around, taking care of last minute shit and just dealing with things I'd rather not. Once it is all said and done though, I'll hopefully be happy with my new place (just scoped it out today, paying a little more than I want but its worth it for my dog). I figure once I can get back into the gym, I'll finally be able to re-up my supplements since I've been without any sort of supplement or protein for the past few months. Thanks to Rob for hitting me up with a website here in Korea that sells Animal/Universal products.

SpankyC
08-23-10, 5:56 pm
Hows everything goin in here? Im in!

Jon_Blaze
09-06-10, 5:24 am
Hows everything goin in here? Im in!

Good to have you in.

I just finally got moved into my new place and settling in. With that, I just signed up to a shit-hole of a gym today and got a little workout in to see where my levels were at after a month off. All I gotta say is, SHIT I'm horribly off. A month off killed me. So I gotta go back into the gym hard-bodied.

Jon_Blaze
09-09-10, 9:53 pm
Seems like I'm posting like once a week...I'll be back on a regular basis once my routine in the gym and work is finally set in stone. Been on the new job for little over a week.

prowrestler
09-10-10, 2:03 am
Seems like I'm posting like once a week...I'll be back on a regular basis once my routine in the gym and work is finally set in stone. Been on the new job for little over a week.

dont sweat it, goodluck with the new job

Jon_Blaze
09-14-10, 5:12 am
dont sweat it, goodluck with the new job

Thank ya sir. As for sweatin' it, I think I am a little since I've packed on some fat since I last went to the gym a month ago and I feel like crap because of it.
Went in today to start going back full-time, as my sleep pattern is getting better. Did 4x4 minute rounds of circuit training and it whooped my sloppy butt. The fact I could feel fat jiggle when I was doing my training just motivated me even more.

Jon_Blaze
09-15-10, 5:49 am
So second day in a row at the gym. Did another run of a circuit course trying to get my cardio up with the weights. Ended up only doing 3x5 minute rounds as I went in late and had to make sure I got into work on time.

Workout: (1 minute intervals)
BB Rows
Stiff-Leg Dead-lifts
Flat Bench Machine
Incline Bench Machine
Lat Pulldowns

Tried to focus on chest and back today to see the endurance I have in each area, all my reps were in the 20+ range except for the dead-lifts which were in the 10-12 range.

rob_in_korea
09-15-10, 9:33 am
Nice way to get back into things Jon.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
10-11-10, 3:42 am
Been a while since I've posted. Been strugglin' with life and trying to go hard or go home. But I've vented enough during the past week to enough people to where I feel like I'm calm.

Today's workout:
4 sets 20 reps
Leg Press
Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
DB Bench
BB Row
Lateral Delt Raises
Preacher Curls
Weighted Crunches
Oblique Crunches

sunny_max
10-11-10, 5:13 am
understand where ya coming from brother....lifes tough you just gotta push trough it!!

Stong workout buddy!

Jon_Blaze
10-12-10, 2:54 am
understand where ya coming from brother....lifes tough you just gotta push trough it!!

Stong workout buddy!

Thanks brah. Going through a severe home-sickness. Not really happy with the current job and with enough home-sickness I'm considering on just quitting my job and just trying my luck back home to where its easier to maintain diet and cheaper also.

Jon_Blaze
11-01-10, 8:29 pm
Alright, I've been gone for a minute and its something I ain't proud of. The FORVM is like a second home, a place where my mind can just relax and let out the bullshit of the day. So I'm going to be back posting daily again and getting back to the good habits I should've been keeping.

Monday:
Off day from work and a much needed rest from the job. Got the opportunity to do a little house-cleaning and grocery shopping. Overall, a relaxed day.
Workout: 1 hr Ashtanga Yoga
Leg press: 3pps by 15 (4 sets)
Squat machine: 2pps by 12 (4 sets)
Leg Extensions: 25kg by 12 (4 sets)
Lying Leg Curls: 30kg by 15 (4 sets)
Walking Lunges: 4 sets
Calf Raises: 60kg by 12 (3 sets)
Abs: Oblique crunches, decline sit-ups (3 sets)

Tuesday
Another off day at work but I'm going in the office to prepare for my classes a little (I've been evaluated as the worst instructor with a rating of 4.48 out of 5) So got the joy of doing that, hopefully it won't take too long, just going to copy some stuff and prepare the first day out really. Today is going to be mainly cardio/abs day but also get my yoga in.

Jon_Blaze
11-03-10, 4:16 am
Got the work schedule for the day, not too bad. Had a decent work-out though was a little tired doing it.

Workout: 30m bike
Flat Bench 12, 12, 10, 8
Shoulder Press 15, 15, 15, 15
Incline Flye 12, 10, 10, 10
Delt Raises 10, 10, 10, 10
Incline Press 10, 10, 10, 10
Shoulder Shrugs 10, 10, 10, 20

Jon_Blaze
11-05-10, 3:18 am
I ended up not going to yoga on thursday as I was just too exhausted. Today's workout...

30minute bike
Arms (Different curls and some triceps workouts I dunno the names for) did 3 sets of everything ranging from 10 reps to 20.

Tomorrow gonna hit back..

rob_in_korea
11-05-10, 10:14 am
Solid looking workouts Jon. Hope everything is getting better with work.

-Rob

Jon_Blaze
11-08-10, 11:38 pm
Solid looking workouts Jon. Hope everything is getting better with work.

-Rob

Thanks man, sadly it isn't. Thought things were going better and they just took a huge turn south today and it was kind-of the last straw for me. They've pretty much shown me we have completely different viewpoints and goals in mind so it's best to separate before tensions and things get worse.

Jon_Blaze
12-21-10, 12:53 am
So it's been over a month since I've last posted up so let us begin....

The Job
So as some of you know, I took a new job in September and moved to a completely new city looking for a fresh start. My first month on the job was rough and wasn't going so well, and the second month went very well I thought. When the 3rd month rolled around (last month) things took a drastic turn for the worst. I had many problems with the workplace (didn't see eye-to-eye with management on a few issues, and dealt with some racist crap from random students, etc) so I decided to just terminate my contract and head state-side. So I'm in the last few days of my contract with the current job and am going to be back in the States on January 5th, 2011.

The job also took a hit on my relationship with my girlfriend. Because she's staying in Korea and I'm moving back to the States, we had to end the relationship but on an okay note (well okay in that we're still talking with one another, completely sucks because I love the girl), but shit happens.

Workout
Since my job is a split shift work schedule (work early the morning and late evenings with afternoons off) my rest period and workout schedule hasn't been the best. So I signed up for yoga for 3-5 days a week and its really helped my overall balance and flexibility (which I was sorely lacking). I've also been hitting the weights (relatively lighter weight with higher reps) to maintain current shape and cut a little while I'm at it. I'm currently sitting at 193-195lbs and been sitting here for a while now. Once I'm back in America, I'll be more active on the FORVM again and finally get back to a fully active lifestyle that'll make the last of fat-cut easier.

So that's pretty much it, as I said I'll be fully active on here again once I'm back in the good ol' U S of A.

Jon_Blaze
01-08-11, 1:26 am
So I'm finally back in America! Landed 2 days ago and just been relaxing and getting adjusted to the time difference. And finally had my first workout today in over a week, felt real good.

Pull-ups: 6 sets of 5 (body weight)
Bench (Barbell): 185x10, 190x12, 195x10, 200x8
T-Bar Rows: 90x10, 115x10, 45x20 (2sets)
Squats: 135x20 (3sets)
Abs.

Just was keeping it pretty light and simple since its my first day back and I wanna make sure I'm getting the weights right as I'm used to different materials (benches felt very different) and had to spot and manage my brother's workout also. So once I'm in full swing, I'll be hitting the gym HARD

Jon_Blaze
01-24-11, 10:12 pm
AM - 10 - 12 - Brazilian Jiu-jitsu
PM - 775m swim...took a while.

Overall: Getting better at my conditioning which I'm training now. I'll be running every other day also and working on getting my sit-ups and push-ups ready for my PT as I'm aiming to get a commission with the Army

Jon_Blaze
06-01-12, 10:02 pm
So it has been quite a while since I've posted on my journey, and it's a damn shame. To make up for that, I'll have to just start working out longer and harder and just keep posting it. And I definitely need to update everybody as to what has been going on in my life.

So I last posted sometime last year saying I was joining the Army, which I did. Basic Combat Training isn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Guess when you train like an ANIMAL, going there was kinda relaxing on the training. Only thing that was difficult outside of dealing with the living conditions (close quarters with the same people 24/7 for 10 weeks is mentally draining) was the running. I wasn't much of a runner beforehand and now it just seems I can't get enough of running. 2-3 years ago, a mile run was very taxing on me and now I do 6 mile jogs.

I've also got myself into Crossfit. Love the program as it really works on the explosiveness and just muscle endurance that's needed in military life.

Workout Today:
Insanity: Core Cardio & Balance
2.5 mile run

mcbeast
06-02-12, 2:12 am
The forvm has a way of drawing people back, Welcome back.. What is your mos?

Jon_Blaze
06-03-12, 6:28 pm
68D. OR Tech. For the time being at least. I'm aiming to go Federal OCS or ROTC once I get some sand-time in.

Jon_Blaze
06-05-12, 1:31 pm
Monday:
Insanity's Max Interval Circuit & 5k jog.

Tuesday:
Insanity's Max Interval Pylo

21-15-9
100lb hang squat clean
handstand push-up

Fun filled day. Getting ready for the field for 3 weeks where equipment and time will be limited and pretty much no internet. Gotta love the field.

Jon_Blaze
06-07-12, 8:33 pm
Wednesday:
Insanity: Max Cardio Conditioning
5k Run

Thursday:
Rest Day

So the workout tuesday didn't include the 21-15-9 workout, which kinda sucks but is good because my glutes probably couldn't have handled it as sore as they are right now. My access to the internet is gonna be cut off pretty much from Saturday until the end of the month since I'll be on the field playing soldier. Good times ahead.

Jon_Blaze
07-03-12, 10:05 pm
Alright, finally back and settled back in from 3 weeks of field training. So without further adieu....

Monday:
70 Burpees
60 Sit-ups
50 20lb dumbbell swings
40 pull-ups
30 handstand push-ups

Completed in 30 minutes....would've had it under 20 but pull-ups slowed me the hell down.

6 mile run

Today:
Nasty Girl...done in 14:50
It is 3 rounds for time of:
50 air squats
7 muscleups (I changed mine to pullups)
10 115lb hang cleans (supposed to be 135 but I can't hang power clean that just yet)

Jon_Blaze
07-06-12, 10:01 pm
Wednesday:
Rest Day

Thursday:
5 Rounds
100m Run
20lb Dumbbell Burpee
- I wasn't able to do the full Tumilson workout sadly but 5 rounds at half was great..can't wait to do the full thing of 200m runs and 60lb dumbbell burpees for 8 rounds.
650m swim

Friday:
On the minute for 10 minutes
10 hand release push-ups
3 burpees

Then attempted the WOD for today of...
50 wall balls
25 Toe 2 Bars
40 Wall Balls
20 T2B
30 Wall Balls
15 T2B
20 Wall Balls
10 T2B
10 Wall Balls
5 T2B

Ball was supposed to be 20lbs, but I only had a 25lbs ball. I also couldn't finish the workout, I got to the 20 T2B and could only get 13. My grip had completely left me and my forearms were freakin' pumped! Arms were shaking and just couldn't maintain my weight to attempt another T2B, so I had to skip the last 7 and just do the 30 wall balls before I just gave out. Didn't want to pass out in the gym. I'll attempt this WOD again and finish it, not worried about the time until I can just complete the damn thing. Once that happens then I'll aim for improving my time on it, but it is one HELLUVA workout.