PDA

View Full Version : Forearms

zHazzarD
01-10-10, 4:50 pm
Does anyone have any opinions on how to work forearms, how often do you work them, can you go everyday ect...

JasonG
01-10-10, 5:03 pm
I just do them on arm day or with bi's or tri's if I don't have a dedicated arm day. I do hammer curls across body, variations of wrist curls and reverse wrist curls

BionicMasterPiece
01-10-10, 6:29 pm
Does anyone have any opinions on how to work forearms, how often do you work them, can you go everyday ect...

you can isolate them all you want, but if you want to grow your forearms, doing indirect work will make them grow, like heavy barbell, dumbbell rows, deadlifts, chins...so basically if your doing those without straps your forearms should be growing just fine

deerenheimer
01-10-10, 7:02 pm
I work forearms once a week at the end of arm day. I do alot of uneven loaded ( take a 45 lb bar put 10lbs on one side and grip the bar with your index finger on the first lines on the bar) barbell forearm curls on the preacher curl bench- 4 sets 20,20,15,10. and plate pinches 4 sets 30 sec. hold.

toobigfred
01-10-10, 7:05 pm
I am proud of my 17 inch forearms and I do a lot of lifts that indirectly work them and I also use a forearm roller loaded with heavy weight to failure after every workout and 3x a week I do the roller accompanied by a lot of dumbell and grip work that isolates them.

It is really up to you and how your body responds tho. Mine didnt grow till I started working them like this.

SnatchDat
01-10-10, 8:48 pm
personally I'll do db hammers (kinda like the hammer curl motion without the curl), wrist curls, and wrist extensions. used to triset them but i think its better to superset two of the exercises and do the last one on its own.

BeastTom
01-10-10, 8:52 pm
you can isolate them all you want, but if you want to grow your forearms, doing indirect work will make them grow, like heavy barbell, dumbbell rows, deadlifts, chins...so basically if your doing those without straps your forearms should be growing just fine

Agreed. Indirect work is where I got my best results, but I like to hit them lightly at the very end of my arm day too.

mritter3
01-10-10, 9:15 pm
i hit em every once in awhile on arm day..but as long as im doing heavy deads, and other compound movements i dont focus too much on em

GUNS
01-11-10, 5:10 am
At the end of arm day. SS BB wrist curls on the end of a bench with behind the back w/c for 3 sets of 10-12. Follow up by rope twists, stand up on a bench, twist about 6" of rope 3 times up. Do that for 3 sets. Next get a dumbbell and lay your arm down, on the forearm, across the top of a preacher bench and do 3 sets of 12. And all the indirect work helps as well.

NaturalTrainee
01-11-10, 6:23 am
Deadlifts and rows will make them.

ChadO
01-11-10, 6:43 pm
well i tend to use straps on back days because of how heavy i go. Without straps i can't lift the weight on deads, and rows

prowrestler
01-18-10, 12:59 pm
Deadlifts and rows will make them.

not really...no. for some people who are geneticaly gifted, yes. for everyone else....thats a joke.

reverse barbell curls, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. some twists aswell will all lead to good forearms. grip work is great aswell.

J-Dawg
01-18-10, 1:19 pm
I always train forearms on arm day after bi's/tri's. Usually 2 exercises--reverse wrist curls and regular wrist curls. It's important to have a strong grip so I would suggest training them once a week, but not much more than that b/c you'll be fried when you do your other heavy lifts.

theMword
01-18-10, 1:41 pm
Ahhh.... forearms.One of my favourite muscule groups.I train them twice a week - 2 exercises after back`s day and arm`s day.My forearms are big for my age and the just grow genetically,nomater how many times i train them,but i like training them twice a week.

NaturalTrainee
01-18-10, 1:42 pm
I always train forearms on arm day after bi's/tri's. Usually 2 exercises--reverse wrist curls and regular wrist curls. It's important to have a strong grip so I would suggest training them once a week, but not much more than that b/c you'll be fried when you do your other heavy lifts.

I actually train them after back, since I usually use straps. Hammer curls, reverse curls and wrist curls all work for me.

J-Dawg
01-18-10, 1:46 pm
I actually train them after back, since I usually use straps. Hammer curls, reverse curls and wrist curls all work for me.

That's as a good of time as any to train 'em NT.

The_Legacy
01-18-10, 1:47 pm
It depends, for me I usually just train them after arms. they always get a pump when i train back to. quick work usually shocks the forearms to grow. i'll usually do some reverse curls and wrist curls. about 4 sets of each with like 20 seconds rest inbetween sets.