PDA

View Full Version : It seems like aches and pains replace each other...

Kryptonite
01-12-10, 11:34 pm
It seems like aches and pains replace eachother. I don't know what's going on with me lately. I'm pretty sure I'm performing all the excercises correctly, I'm not going to "deep" in any of them, I'm not going too heavy, I manage my weight with 8-12 reps for 4 sets, I have a really well balanced diet, take my daily multi-vitamin, but it all just doesn't seem to be enough. I hurt my shoulder which still bothers me from time to time, I had a pretty big "knee scare" a while back, then when I finally got over that my lower back starting bugging me for a while, and now I have this pain in the midsection of my back. It seems to be the lowest part of my trap. I don't know why I'm getting all of these aches and pains. I'm young, I'm not supposed to be having my mid-life crisis. Will this affect my future career as a bodybuilder? If I want I want to have a future should I lower the intensity and add a lot of cardio just to keep in shape instead? I'll definitly continue eating healthy. I don't think that will ever stop. I love with giving my all to look a little bit better. Does anybody have any advice for me? Maybe some of you guys went through the same situation. I just don't know what to do and I could really use some advice. Thanks guys, for all your support. I'm looking forward to what you have to offer.

GUNS
01-13-10, 10:00 am
How old are you? I am 39 and have the same problems. Seems like you are doing everything ok. Just got to make sure if you feel anything a hair painfull, stop. Don't push it. You will only do more damage. I have a ton of injuries from going balls out on everything in my life. Just take it easy every now and then, lighten it up for a week or even take a week off. change up to DB's on thigs you usually do with BB's and just watch your form. Give it a shot and you might be happy with the results.

Kryptonite
01-13-10, 8:02 pm
How old are you? I am 39 and have the same problems. Seems like you are doing everything ok. Just got to make sure if you feel anything a hair painfull, stop. Don't push it. You will only do more damage. I have a ton of injuries from going balls out on everything in my life. Just take it easy every now and then, lighten it up for a week or even take a week off. change up to DB's on thigs you usually do with BB's and just watch your form. Give it a shot and you might be happy with the results.

This is exactly what I'm talking about, bro. I'm only 16 years old and I get the injuries of a 30 year old. It's ridiculous... I'm definitly going to have to take a few days off or something. I've been dieting and training non stop for the past 6 months... So, I guess I could use it.

GUNS
01-13-10, 8:42 pm
Yes, take a week off. Eat right, get plenty of sleep. Come back and take the first week slow and light. Look at your form. Make sure it is perfect. You sound like you are overtraining.

Cole673a
01-14-10, 4:28 pm
i know exactly where your coming from, i have problems with my right shoulder i played baseball for a long time and it screwed my rotator cup up... but its bothers while lifting..and i get forearm splints all the time

GJN5002
01-14-10, 5:13 pm
I had been injury prone in the past too. I make sure to warm up properly. 5 minutes on the bike, roto cuff warm ups, broom handle warmup, get a few light sets of 20 in to get the muscles moving before working out. Other than that, plenty of water, good dietary fat in your diet. Try foam rolling, massage, A.R.T. and other recovery techniques. All in all you might just need a week off.

Kryptonite
01-14-10, 7:47 pm
Yes, take a week off. Eat right, get plenty of sleep. Come back and take the first week slow and light. Look at your form. Make sure it is perfect. You sound like you are overtraining.

I'll give it a try, bro. Thanks for the help.

Kryptonite
01-14-10, 7:53 pm
I had been injury prone in the past too. I make sure to warm up properly. 5 minutes on the bike, roto cuff warm ups, broom handle warmup, get a few light sets of 20 in to get the muscles moving before working out. Other than that, plenty of water, good dietary fat in your diet. Try foam rolling, massage, A.R.T. and other recovery techniques. All in all you might just need a week off.

That also may be a factor. I haven't really been warming up or stretching as much as I would in the past. I'm definitly going to have to start. I'll play it safe and take the week off as well. Midterms are coming up for me anyway. You wouldn't happen to know any good sites for stretching or warm up techniques would you? To be honest I've never heard of most of the warm up or recovery techniques you listed.

desolation
01-14-10, 10:29 pm
This is exactly what I'm talking about, bro. I'm only 16 years old and I get the injuries of a 30 year old. It's ridiculous... I'm definitly going to have to take a few days off or something. I've been dieting and training non stop for the past 6 months... So, I guess I could use it.

have you had breaks in between training over the last 6 months???

widdlewade44
01-14-10, 10:34 pm
Eat up, rest up, take a small break from the weights (they'll wait for you) and go to a bone bender, sounds to me like you could be out of alignment.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Kryptonite
01-15-10, 12:01 am
have you had breaks in between training over the last 6 months???

3 days on, one day off.

Kryptonite
01-15-10, 12:02 am
Eat up, rest up, take a small break from the weights (they'll wait for you) and go to a bone bender, sounds to me like you could be out of alignment.

Kevin
widdlewade44

A bone bender, huh? Sounds like fun. Haha, good thing my cousin is a chiropractor.

desolation
01-15-10, 3:03 am
3 days on, one day off.

nah i meant like a week off hard training every couple of weeks,
heavy lifting is taxing on the body and you need to rest every couple weeks to recover, you might simply be overtrained and that causes all the aches and pains because your body is simply fucked

GJN5002
01-15-10, 11:51 am
That also may be a factor. I haven't really been warming up or stretching as much as I would in the past. I'm definitly going to have to start. I'll play it safe and take the week off as well. Midterms are coming up for me anyway. You wouldn't happen to know any good sites for stretching or warm up techniques would you? To be honest I've never heard of most of the warm up or recovery techniques you listed.

scroll to the bottom and look at the "agile 8"
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/defrancos_training_rules_for_washedup_meatheads?ut m_source=weekly_dose&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tmuscle

elitefts.com is always a good resource too
http://elitefts.com/documents/hurts.htm

I was always getting hurt until I started warming up correctly. Some people can just get to it but will eventually get injured. This guy walks in the gym the other day, about 6'3 180 lbs skinny as a pole. Little bit of upper body mass stick legs. He goes right to the o bar a puts it on the floor in the middle of the isle. He proceeds to deadlift 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 10, 415 x 3 or 4, 500 x 2. No warm up, no excercise bike, no straps or belt. I about shit my pants. He was wearing a t shirt, shorts and boat shoes! My point is, some people can just jump right in and are fine, but I willing to bet someday that routine will backfire.

Kryptonite
01-16-10, 8:21 am
scroll to the bottom and look at the "agile 8"
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/defrancos_training_rules_for_washedup_meatheads?ut m_source=weekly_dose&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tmuscle

elitefts.com is always a good resource too
http://elitefts.com/documents/hurts.htm

I was always getting hurt until I started warming up correctly. Some people can just get to it but will eventually get injured. This guy walks in the gym the other day, about 6'3 180 lbs skinny as a pole. Little bit of upper body mass stick legs. He goes right to the o bar a puts it on the floor in the middle of the isle. He proceeds to deadlift 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 10, 415 x 3 or 4, 500 x 2. No warm up, no excercise bike, no straps or belt. I about shit my pants. He was wearing a t shirt, shorts and boat shoes! My point is, some people can just jump right in and are fine, but I willing to bet someday that routine will backfire.

Thanks for the sites, bro. I just finished checking them out. I'm going to the gym now so I read them just in time.