PDA

View Full Version : Beginning Of The End

B.Charles
01-12-10, 11:34 pm
OK so here goes.....

I am fairly new here and I decided that the best way to familiarize myself here is to get out there and share my experiences with you guys!

Great. So I've been working out for about three years so far, though not as committed as i would have wanted it. So with this new year upon us I have taken a personal oath to push myself to the limit, all the while being the most committed i have ever been in my life! This is the beginning of the end! The end of non-commitments, the end of doing things half heartedly.

This week starting Mon 4th Jan `10 i started back gym,began using animal products, more specifically pak and cuts one week later...stacking them. So the first day (Mon 11th) i took animal pak around 12 noon with my lunch. About two hours later took cuts and headed to gym.

Dunno but that was the most pumped I've been in a while! Also i could tell
when the cuts kicked in. Started feeling really hot and sweating profusely!
SO...Began with chest exercises. Set to 40kg (Cmon dont bash me here i just started back!)
Did 3 sets/12 reps.
Continued with declined cable flyes. Set to 10kg. Did 3 sets of 12.

Moved to arms. Started with dumbbell hammer curls. 20lbs each.
Did 3 sets/20 reps.
Continued with normal curls. Took 3 weights (15,12,7 1/s lbs) and 5,10,15 reps in order of weight. 3 sets.
Followed with Standing dumbbell extensions behind head. 20 lbs. 3 sets/10 reps.
Followed by Lying dumbbell extensions behind head. 20 lbs. 3 sets/10 reps.

Finished up with abs. 100 sit ups. set of 20's and ab machine set to 45kg. 3 sets/12 reps.

ANY RECOMMENDATIONS AND TIPS WOULD BE GLADLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.Will be updated daily! peace brothers!

C.Coronato
01-13-10, 11:32 am
Awesome start brother. Hows the diet looking?

Cholden03
01-13-10, 11:42 am
Stop doing sets for your abs. Your abs are a muscle that needs to be worked till failure. Instead of doing sit ups over and over again 100 times and wasting your pressure work out time and supplement buzz you can do a set of 5 negatives on a declined bench and get the same results. Do 2 minute long planks. Do mayweathers. Sit ups are not the go to ab work out anymore and I dont ever recomend ab machines so get off them get on the floor and get to burning yourself out.

B.Charles
01-13-10, 5:40 pm
Stop doing sets for your abs. Your abs are a muscle that needs to be worked till failure. Instead of doing sit ups over and over again 100 times and wasting your pressure work out time and supplement buzz you can do a set of 5 negatives on a declined bench and get the same results. Do 2 minute long planks. Do mayweathers. Sit ups are not the go to ab work out anymore and I dont ever recomend ab machines so get off them get on the floor and get to burning yourself out.

Thanks for the advice! I will most definitely try your method!

B.Charles
01-13-10, 5:46 pm
Awesome start brother. Hows the diet looking?

Thanks for the support bro. Every morning i usually start breakfast(8am) with protein based foods: Eggs, Milk etc. 10:30AM Is a protein shake. 12 noon is lunch which is always mostly chicken, vegetables etc. Lots of water through out the day. 6PM is a post workout protein shake. 8PM is a light dinner. RINSE AND REPEAT!

C.Coronato
01-14-10, 9:37 am
Are you trying to drop weight ? What do you weigh now?

B.Charles
01-14-10, 7:02 pm
Are you trying to drop weight ? What do you weigh now?

I'm currently about 6 feet...weighing 160 pounds. My goal is to get extremely huge. I'm pretty muscley in the arms but in the midsection there is an annoying layer of fat although it has been disappearing recently with my cardio + animal cuts routine. Any recommendations on achieving my goals?

B.Charles
01-14-10, 7:17 pm
Today i ran to the gym (taking animal cuts 30 mins prior). It's basically a 15-20 minutes run.

The itinerary for today was to work out chest.
Started with standard chest press. 4 sets/12 reps. Set to 30kg
Moved on the inclined chest press. 4 sets/12 reps. Set to 20kg
Followed by standing cable flyes. 4 sets/10 reps. Set to 10kg

Even though it was a chest day I still did a bit of arm work:
Hammer curls. 2 sets/10 reps. 25kgs
Normal dumbbell curls. 2 sets/10 reps. 15kgs (For some reason i always find this harder than hammers)

Finished up with abs. Taking the advice of a guy who commented on my post, i did negatives..ALOT..until i couldn't even get up!

Took a cool down walk to home 20-30 mins.

B.Charles
09-14-10, 11:24 am
So it has been ages since I've updated my journey. Let me give you guys the breakdown of how it is these days. Right now im bulking up as much as possible with little cardio, taking my pak religiously along with a whey protein, you know, the basics. I try to get as much of my nutrition from whole foods as possible: milk, eggs, chicken, beef, rice, pasta, potatoes etc. Currently I weigh in at a measly 194lbs.

Mondays are leg days. At my gym i see most if not everyone doing chest or arms on mondays. Not me though. I like to beat my legs to a pulp at the beginning of each week. here's my routine:

Stationary bike: 5 mins warmup
Machine leg extensions: 5 sets (20 reps x 25lbs, 10 x 40lbs, 8 x 50lbs, 6 x 60lbs, 2 x 70lbs)
Leg press: 5 sets(20 reps x 90lbs, 10 x 180lbs, 8 x 360lbs, 6 x 630lbs, 90 lbs to failure)
Leg curls: 4 sets(20 reps x 20 lbs, 10 x 50lbs, 10 x 50lbs, 10 x 50lbs)
Calf raises: 5 sets(20 reps x 20lbs, 15 x 50lbs, 15 x 50lbs, 15 x 50lbs, 50lbs to failure)
Barbell squats: 4 sets(10 reps x 100lbs, 10 x 100lbs, 10 x 100lbs, 100 lbs to failure)

Wednesdays are deicated to the forearms, guns and shoulders.
Bike warmup:5 mins
Concentration curls: (3 Supersets of 15 reps x 15lbs, 10 x 20lbs, 10 x 25lbs)
Hammer curls: (3 Supersets using same weights as above)
Preacher curls: 3 sets(20 reps x 20 lbs, 10 x 40lbs, 10 x 40lbs)
Barbell curls *close grip: 3 sets(10 reps x 40lbs, 10 x 40lbs, 10 x 40lbs)
Barbell wrist curls palms faceup: 3 sets(20 reps x 10 lbs, 20 x 10lbs, 20 x 10lbs)
Military presses: 3 sets(10 reps x 70lbs, 10 x 70lbs, 50 lbs to failure)

Thats how it looks for the first half of my week. I'll update you guys about what goes on Fridays and Saturdays later on in the week. Before i sign out, i would just like to say thank you to animalpak.com for the motivation, help, and knowledge i have gained from staff and members alike. Universal and Animal are truely supportive of this game and with them it all comes down to the grassroots. Thank you guys.