PDA

View Full Version : What combination is best for me?

Cholden03
01-13-10, 11:37 am
I am 5'8 155 lbs 8 percent body fat. I eat 4 meals a day usually pretty healthy such as grilled chicken asparagus and potatoes. I try and stay away from eating fried food and drinking liqour but it happens from time to time. I would like to be 170 lbs and stay the same percent body fat or lower it but that doesnt really matter to me Im pretty cut up. I want to gain the size in my chest and arms. I just ordered the stak and the pak but I am not sure if that is right for me. I work out 6 times a week. I am a Physical Education teacher, and personal trainer. I know how my body works and what work outs to do to accomplish my goals but I can barely pronounce most of the words in these supplements let alone understand everything they are doing to my body and production. I do not do a lot of cardio because I have the type of body that will lose all my weight if I do. My bodys natural weight is around 140, if i dont take anything and just eat whatever and work out and do cardio I am 140. I get in shape very quickly and my body can adapt to a lot of things. My metobolism is through the roof and I burn everything and anything...

deanna7272
01-13-10, 11:43 am
You've come to the right place for answers, but I'm not going to throw out much in the way of info because I'd be blowing smoke if I tried to comment on Stak because I am no familiar with it, but you can't go wrong with Pak as your multi!!

Also wanted to say WELCOME and KUDOS for being a PE Teacher, as am I with my Personal Training Certification coming in 2010!!!

machineman
01-13-10, 12:01 pm
so are you looking for advise on supps? diet?

mritter3
01-13-10, 12:11 pm
if your looking to add some weight to your frame add in another meal thru the day, 4 is not enough, although it is if you want to stay around 145lbs....if you want to be 170, add a protein shake thru the day or 2 for that matter, as far as your supp choices...cant go wrong with either, pak is great, and stak is too as long as your over the age of 21 but id go as high as 25 for stak. if you are looking to keep the weight on it is gonna have to be a lifestyle change, not a supplement you are gonna run for a month, because if you dont keep up on the diet and such your gonna be right back to where you are now....why dont you post up your current diet and will start with that....welcome aboard bud.

Cholden03
01-13-10, 12:58 pm
I am looking for help with supplements I have maintained 155 lbs for over a year now I dont think it is going anywhere. No matter what my diet I think the weight is here to stay. I would like to know what supplements work to gain the size and mass and then ill change my diet to maintain it.

machineman
01-13-10, 2:36 pm
gotta change the diet first....supplements are just that......

Cholden03
01-13-10, 3:25 pm
Why does it seem like all these forums just answer questions with questions. My diet is fine. It was designed by a dietician in order for my to gain weight. I started out at a 124 lbs and now I never dip below 150. I eat 4 meals a day and have 3 smaller meals or large snacks throughout the day. I eat healthy foods, high in proteins, and from all my major food groups.

I eat no fried foods, no fast foods, very little saturated fats, I am borderline hollistic in nature. Less ingredients the more natural the better.

What I would like to know is which supplements work from Animalpak and which ones work the best together. My goal is to go from 155.6 lbs to 168.0 lbs. I want 13 lbs of straight muscle will animal pak and animal stak accomplish this? Help towards this?

Or should I be going to a Dark Rage and AEN Intrabolic Dark Matter stack?

I was on Super Pump, Size On, Dark Matter and it got me there but i stopped working out for 2 months due to work...and I lost the size and weight but not the strength.

JasonG
01-13-10, 4:33 pm
I would add a creatine monohydrate product and a whey drink post workout. You could also look at animal pump or shock therapy pre workout, amino/carb based drink intra. Take a look at Real Gains from Universal. I think that would benefit you a lot with your body type. Once you see how you respond to that basic proven stuff then give stuff like Stak, Test, MStak a try individually to gauge how they work for you. I've only taken MStak so far out of those three and I highly recommend it.

machineman
01-13-10, 4:56 pm
OP....we ask questions in order to learn what you may have tried so far.....it is all in order to help you out.....in your last post, you said that you eat 4 meals and have 3 smaller meals or snacks a day......that is what we need to know! Pak is a multivitamin....it won't put weight on or take weight off.....all you can really do is run Stak and see how you respond to it....if you decide to run it, I would get another can and run them back to back.....then take a week off (from Stak) and evaluate how it worked for you.....otherwise, I would definitely look at adding Real Gains into your diet......good way to get some extra cals and protein.....

Cholden03
01-13-10, 6:01 pm
Thanks alot the last two posts really helped....Ill take a look into real gains... I just put in a 200 dollar order of stuff that will last me a long time...I know super pump and size on are going in the garbage after this cycle they just dont help me anymore.

I purchased Pak, and Stak. I purchase Dark Rage, Intrabolic, Dark Matter, and my Optimum Whey.

Pak in Am
Stak at Lunch
Rage Pre
Intrabolic Intra
Dark Matter Post
Whey Before bed after dinner

Sounds productive? Anyone think I need anything else? Change orders? I believe after Stak runs out I will be switching to Mstak its sounds like its made for my body type.

Go Away
01-13-10, 6:46 pm
good luck with dark rage. that shit made me feel like I was gonna throw up hours after taking it. I gave my boy a scoop and he said it felt like taking shitty drugs...whatever that meant.
I've found that with universal supplements there's no nervousness or nausea included...just potent help.
shock therapy is dope and storm leave me feeling less bloated - just my two cents. one.

JasonG
01-13-10, 6:54 pm
I've heard of mud butt problems with your pre workout drink choice haha. I think there's better choices out there, but doesn't hurt to try different ones and see what you like. And for future reference don't list other companies products here. This forum is ran by Universal and as I'm sure you can understand they don't want other companies products talked about by name. In the future just say my normal whey product etc.

D-Kev
01-14-10, 5:40 am
I can identify with your situation...Similar frame and I eat very clean etc...
With that, I just wanted to mention a couple hard truths.

1. It is nearly impossible to gain lean hard muscle and stay a ripped 8% bf.
It's a tough pill that anyone serious has to swallow. For me, I tell myself how much easier it's gonna be to shred down a bit of bf% once I've reached a solid size\strength level...I am not really putting a limit on it. I've gone from a chunky 167ish down to a skinny-fat 135ish and back up to a muscular 160. So the next goal is 170 or so. Think of the big picture but keep the short term in mind and focus on that. It doesn't mean you have to get fat or out of shape looking to gain quality size...The guys that do that are not serious about their diet and nutrition.

2. When you reach a new weight plateau, the total amount of daily calories consumed needs to be increased as well. Sometimes you may not realize it, until you decide to have an extra meal or a cheat meal or something. You'll notice some muscle glycogen increase but no body fat increase. You may even lean up a smidgen. Basically what got me from 145-155 needed to be increased slightly to get to 160. I know I have an incredibly slow metabolism but added muscle mass increases what your body needs to maintain that. You mentioned a very fast metabolism, so your calorie increase might be at least 500cals....

3. "To gain an inch on your arms, you need to gain 10 pounds of bodyweight"

4. Supplements don't have shit on food.
Peri-workout nutrition is crucial.
Here's an example of mine:
Pre Lifting - Grilled chicken breast or tendorloins plain (Yea I'm out there in this freezing east coast weather grillin) With some steamed vegetbales, spinach/broc./cauliflower/string beans and a handful of cashews and either brown or white rice or a white or sweet potatoe...(sometimes more carbs depending on the upcoming session)
Post - aka in car asafp - pre made shake, already cold and ready to sip or chug.
Currently consists of an amino-protein whey, vanilla, 50 grams or so and an amino loaded complex carb powder about 30-40 grams. Sometimes I'll add 1/4th cup to a half cup of oats.
Post- Meal about 90 min after shake - Grilled filet mignon or strip steak...Maybe a piece of chicken too with veggies and rice or potatoe ( or both ).

When I started eating more lean meat, size and strength increased.
(Burgers, steaks and beef)

Best of luck

Aggression
01-14-10, 8:47 am
Thanks alot the last two posts really helped....Ill take a look into real gains... I just put in a 200 dollar order of stuff that will last me a long time...I know super pump and size on are going in the garbage after this cycle they just dont help me anymore.

I purchased Pak, and Stak. I purchase Dark Rage, Intrabolic, Dark Matter, and my Optimum Whey.

Pak in Am
Stak at Lunch
Rage Pre
Intrabolic Intra
Dark Matter Post
Whey Before bed after dinner

Sounds productive? Anyone think I need anything else? Change orders? I believe after Stak runs out I will be switching to Mstak its sounds like its made for my body type.

Looks like a solid game plan. I'd definitely take a look into M-stak if you're looking to put on pure muscle mass. I know you said you have a set diet, but if you're looking to gain weight, you need to increase your calories. Add more protein per meal, even if its only by an ounce. You can't eat the same amount of calories and expect to grow.