PDA

View Full Version : cut and training

msktyshha
01-13-10, 5:52 pm
I am thinking about shedding off some fat, and I know it's mostly the diet that does the job and cardio, but why do most guys do high reps and less weight while on a cut? how does this help. Another thing I wanna know is, can I be on a cut diet,(like keto sort of a diet except carbs pre and post workout and maybe breakfast) and power lifting type training(low reps 3-5 and heavy weight on all body parts). will this help me save muscle during my cut. what sort of an impact would being on a cut diet and doing power lifting training have on my muscles? pros and cons please

BionicMasterPiece
01-13-10, 7:48 pm
I am thinking about shedding off some fat, and I know it's mostly the diet that does the job and cardio, but why do most guys do high reps and less weight while on a cut? how does this help. Another thing I wanna know is, can I be on a cut diet,(like keto sort of a diet except carbs pre and post workout and maybe breakfast) and power lifting type training(low reps 3-5 and heavy weight on all body parts). will this help me save muscle during my cut. what sort of an impact would being on a cut diet and doing power lifting training have on my muscles? pros and cons please

a keto with pre and postworkout carbs...? thats not a keto then.....for training stick to heavy ass weight with good form and INTENSITY.....

msktyshha
01-13-10, 8:27 pm
yeah only pre and post workout meals with carbs in them, and all other meals like keto diet meals.

Kryptonite
01-13-10, 8:56 pm

This sounds good to me.

The only pros and cons I can come up with during a cut diet is the following:
Pros: You look awsome.
Cons: You DO NOT lift awsome.

By, "You DO NOT lift awsome." I simply mean you will not be lifting to your full potential. High reps are usually associated with cut diets because of the myth (some beieve to be true or false) that high reps will define your muscles. This is not 100% true, but this "cardio-like" way of training will help you to lose excess bodyfat, thus giving your muscles a more defined appearance. (This statement was made through my own experience, not scientific facts.) I suggest doing 12 reps and 4 sets for most excercises.

Cycle cardio days 1 day on, 1 day off or two days on, 2 days off (Depending on how much weight you want to lose.). **Do not do cardio on leg days.

Powerlifting on a cut will most likely have the same effects on your body as if you were training high reps, but you may look more defined using high rep training. I wouldn't suggest powerlifting on a cut because you will not be able to lift to your full potential. Training high reps and moderate weight will enable you to fully fatigue the muscle easier.

I always contradict myself... So, here are some other options:

1. It's the winter time, you should be bulking so you look better when you cut in the summer.

2. If you do decide to cut, just keep your workout routine the same and add some extra cardio.

BionicMasterPiece
01-14-10, 1:02 am
yeah only pre and post workout meals with carbs in them, and all other meals like keto diet meals.

if you do that your body wont be in a keto....which means your body will still be getting its fuel from carbs....and since you are taking them in pre and post only you will be on a low carb diet....and youl just end up losing muscle, so its either you do a keto or you dont.....you can always do the anabolic diet that works great too

fenix237
01-14-10, 2:16 pm
all good points made- i went on "Rage's" diet, where you eat carbs for your first 3 meals then go protein and fats for the last 3. all carbs period are slow burning complex (oats, sweet pots/yams, brown rice)- no simple carbs at any point.

Rage suggests lots of reps and sets on a cut diet. I asked him why do i need to do higher reps when i do my normal lower volume style yet i'm spent and soaked with sweat afterwards- he called it "emptying the tank". i believe he meant your depleting your muscles of all glycogen stores to aid further burning fatburning while keeping as much LBM as possible

there are trainees who eat carbs only in the morning, pre WO and PWO- maybe 150 carbs/day. Rage's diet had me eating roughly the same, during the first 3 meals. i do know that eating a very low carb diet will have you feeling like shit because your body is having difficulty deciding whether to use carbs or fats as fuel.

try eating your first 3 meals with carbs, then cut them out for the last 3-see how it works. i've done KETO and it worked well for me, but as we all know that's an individual thing. I've heard nothing but positive feedback on the Anabolic Diet- i'm going to try it out soon

Biggie973
01-15-10, 10:54 am
if you do that your body wont be in a keto....which means your body will still be getting its fuel from carbs....and since you are taking them in pre and post only you will be on a low carb diet....and youl just end up losing muscle, so its either you do a keto or you dont.....you can always do the anabolic diet that works great too

Thats true. I'm on keto now. So you gotta fuel your pre & post workout with some healthy fats like Natural PB or Almonds.