PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid and Gluten Tests - BS or Not?

Tifferzzz
01-15-10, 2:14 pm
Current issues:

Issue #1: Sensitivity to something in food that presents with aching joints and fatigue, not immediately but within 24-48 hours after - zaps energy completely, and can take up to a week to stabilize. My personal thought after researching? Gluten or wheat sensitivity.

Issues after that:

Energy Fluctuations, PMS symptoms occuring 2+ weeks each month, decreased appetite, constantly cold - except for when it's 2:30 in the morning and I wake up sweating. Difficulty losing weight, moody, irritable, constantly annoyed, quick adaptation to supplements. Summation: I've dealt with this for at least a couple years now. I'm more aware of it than I've ever been. My mother (a nurse) told me that my estrogen levels were too high and that my progesterone was too low, and that I should try 'Yaz.' Before going to that extreme, I went to get my Estrogen levels tested, and while I was there also my gluten and thyroid.

It's been two weeks and I finally got 2 of the 3 tests back. Supposedly the lab is backed up and it could take another couple weeks for the estrogen tests to come back. Annoyed? Yes. Here's why.

Test #1: Gluten (F79) IGE
Results: <0.35 kU/L
Class: 0
Class 0 = Level of Allergen/Specific IGE Antibody: Absent / Undetectable.
So my thought on this is that i didn't have any gluten in my system? Of course not. I don't eat wheat. Am I interpreting this wrong?

Test #2: Thyroid
I'm calling this a bullshit test, because after researching through various resources, come to find out that it's almost impossible to have a doctor test a thyroid correctly. You decide.

Test Name: TSH, 3rd Generation
In Range: 0.88
Reference Range: > or = 20 Years 0.40 - 4.50

I am open to all sorts of interpretation here, and no I don't have a doctor. I'm self employed. That means no health insurance, and they require a 'deposit' before I can even talk to the doctor. Hence - interpretations, please.

Tifferzzz
01-15-10, 3:02 pm
So - Yesterday I jumped for joy because BB.com uses FedEx. Why is that joyous? Because it took only a day to get my Animal Pump. I wasn't just excited, after dealing with UPS primarily, I almost cried when FedEx pulled up.

PUMP! YES!

Now I want you to think if you've ever been to a kinesiologist. If you've ever had somebody test your body to see if something is good or bad for you - if you need a supp or not. I have, but not with the pump. Please continue reading.

For about six months I've been in a foggy daze. It's a feeling of being half awake and half asleep - that point where you're awake, but un-functioning. It's like the feeling when you've trained so hard at the gym that you can't focus or do anything else. Yeah - that feeling - that's what I've been stuck in.

Until yesterday. I opened the box, picked up the can, and was hit with - well my body basically said, "FINALLY! YOU FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!" I opened the can, took out a pack, and held it to my chest - the fog disappeared.

WTF.

Pulled it away from my chest, and there was the awful fog-feeling again. Repeated x 15 times to make sure it wasn't bullshit. Tried again this morning. Same effect. Took said packet this morning before training.

Result? 10 Min HIIT Jumprope + 5 Min HIIT Bike + 30 Min HIIT Treadmill. Feeling? NORMAL. Awake! That feeling of focus has lasted for at least five hours (since I'm typing this.)

Okay - so aside from the fact that my estrogen levels are supposedly through the roof and my hormones could potentially be off the wall - aside from that -

WTF is in this pack that's giving my body something that it's been missing? WTH have I been missing?!?!

I swear, I feel like I'm my own scientific experiment.

Discuss.

willah
01-15-10, 11:37 pm
Interesting situation in the second post there. Can you tell me if you took the red pill in the pack, or did you remove it?

The reason I ask is the red pill is the stimulant pill. If you look on the ingredient section of the can, under the heading "Energy Rush Complex" you'll find it the items in the pill, one of which is caffeine.

Let me recount my personal experience and see if we might be on the same page here - for about 6 months (like you) I was feeling completely dead. I could barely roll out of bed in the morning after training sessions, I felt like I needed another 10 hours of sleep all the time. My body felt dead tired and weak, and my mind was slow as a result.. It actually really started affecting my performance at work because I was so slow all the time, even after getting 10+ hours of sleep a night when I could.

I began a cycle of M-Stak, and began consuming the packs in the morning, with the red stimulant pill - what a difference! I was totally awake, full of energy, sharp mental focus.. I still felt horrible otherwise though, but after I took that red pill in the morning things were great. The only time I felt normal was when I was all caffeined up.

At one point though, I read an interesting peice about caffeine, and it inspired me to experiment. I cut caffeine from my diet, no more coffee ( :[ ), and no more stims in the supplements.

It's about 2 or 3 months later now, and I feel normal again. After about the first week and a half, I remember waking up in the morning and feeling the most rested I had EVER felt.. It was incredible, I couldn't have slept if I had tried.

These days I'll throw a stim pill into the mix if I am doing leg day or something, but I avoid coffee altogether, and definitely no stim pills after about 4pm as it tends to mess up my sleep.

I am not saying this is the case for you, or even most people, just my personal experience under similar circumstances. Take from this post what you will.. Feel free to discuss further.

Edit:
Regarding the holding to chest phenomenon, don't really have an answer for that, though it has been said that even just the smell of caffiene/coffee can increase mental alertness.

Muscleguy93
01-16-10, 12:43 am
sounds like the red pill is doing its job?