PDA

View Full Version : Animal Cuts - My situation, is it ok?

RK4
01-17-10, 8:50 pm
First of all, first post, thanks for having me.

A little intro to where Im at:

I am a 29 year old former Marine. I did 14 months in Afghanistan (extended past my EAS) and was honorably discharged when we returned. The very next weekend, I was involved in an atv accident and broke my leg in 6 places and shredded every ligament and tendon in my ankle. I was 175 at the time and 5'8. Im naturally a athletic build. After the accident I blew up to what eventually became 260. I stayed that way until September 09. I went on a strict diet/cardio plan. I am currently down 70 pounds at 190. I began weight training in early December, and I havent really moved the scale in a few weeks. I am not a bodybuilder, Ill leave that to some of you. My goal is to cut body fat and add some muscle, but I have seemed to reach a stopping point in progress. Im not interested in traditional fat burners. Id like to get down to 165-175. Currently Im taking a men's sport multi, about 40-60g of Whey Protein a day, and fish oil. After all of that, do you think Animal Cuts will help me? Or is this strictly for those of you competing and/or serious BB's?

engann
01-17-10, 9:39 pm
First of all, first post, thanks for having me.

A little intro to where Im at:

I am a 29 year old former Marine. I did 14 months in Afghanistan (extended past my EAS) and was honorably discharged when we returned. The very next weekend, I was involved in an atv accident and broke my leg in 6 places and shredded every ligament and tendon in my ankle. I was 175 at the time and 5'8. Im naturally a athletic build. After the accident I blew up to what eventually became 260. I stayed that way until September 09. I went on a strict diet/cardio plan. I am currently down 70 pounds at 190. I began weight training in early December, and I havent really moved the scale in a few weeks. I am not a bodybuilder, Ill leave that to some of you. My goal is to cut body fat and add some muscle, but I have seemed to reach a stopping point in progress. Im not interested in traditional fat burners. Id like to get down to 165-175. Currently Im taking a men's sport multi, about 40-60g of Whey Protein a day, and fish oil. After all of that, do you think Animal Cuts will help me? Or is this strictly for those of you competing and/or serious BB's?

hey RK, animal cut is designed not just for bbers; of course you can use it provided good diet/exercise is also part of your life these days!
you be your own judge; whether to lose body fat first or bulk up first as these two instances do not occur just once on its own. you gotta decide! but hey...why not just eat clean, train hard and get plenty of rest and im sure you are on your way to greater results in the future.
everyone's diff; some may only take couple of months to build mass whereas the majority of us browsing thru these forums require longer period of time. but never give up my friend...
oh as a general thumb of rule, make sure you are consuming at least 1 gram per pound of protein of your body weight; meaning not just whey protein but also other sources i.e fish, meat bla bla bla.... you get my words. if you're intending on shedding some bodyfats at this stage, drop your calories by 500 and once desirable weight is achieved or at least you get a leaner body shape, then thats time you shall bulk up.
thats my own personal experience, i bulkd then cut, and bulk and cut again, then bulkd again and currently cutting. it workd for me at least.. :)

RK4
01-17-10, 10:00 pm
hey RK, animal cut is designed not just for bbers; of course you can use it provided good diet/exercise is also part of your life these days!
you be your own judge; whether to lose body fat first or bulk up first as these two instances do not occur just once on its own. you gotta decide! but hey...why not just eat clean, train hard and get plenty of rest and im sure you are on your way to greater results in the future.
everyone's diff; some may only take couple of months to build mass whereas the majority of us browsing thru these forums require longer period of time. but never give up my friend...
oh as a general thumb of rule, make sure you are consuming at least 1 gram per pound of protein of your body weight; meaning not just whey protein but also other sources i.e fish, meat bla bla bla.... you get my words. if you're intending on shedding some bodyfats at this stage, drop your calories by 500 and once desirable weight is achieved or at least you get a leaner body shape, then thats time you shall bulk up.
thats my own personal experience, i bulkd then cut, and bulk and cut again, then bulkd again and currently cutting. it workd for me at least.. :)

Thank you. I think with me, because I was out of shape for quite a while, I need to shed fat to get to a good foundation to build on. My leg prevented me from doing much for about a year. At this point (5 years post injury) I feel no effect at all from the accident. I have been training pretty hard for the past few months. I just ordered Cuts, so we will see where I can take it from here. I do eat protein in fish/chicken/shrimp/etc, but I will keep better track of it to meet the ratio you are talking about. Thanks again for the words of wisdom...

engann
01-18-10, 3:56 am
Thank you. I think with me, because I was out of shape for quite a while, I need to shed fat to get to a good foundation to build on. My leg prevented me from doing much for about a year. At this point (5 years post injury) I feel no effect at all from the accident. I have been training pretty hard for the past few months. I just ordered Cuts, so we will see where I can take it from here. I do eat protein in fish/chicken/shrimp/etc, but I will keep better track of it to meet the ratio you are talking about. Thanks again for the words of wisdom...

no probs RK.. we are all here to help each other... keep track of your calorie in vs out is fairly important imho.. calorieking.com or fitday.com are pretty cool sites to play ard with!
if your training is in check, diet in check..you should see progress..perhaps your consuming too much carbs ( i meant simple carbs like refined carbs??!?? )
knowing when to take carbs are pretty crucial when dieting down as well.

Aggression
01-18-10, 8:32 am
Animal Cuts is designed for anyone willing to put time and effort into their diet and training. If you're willing to lay the ground work, Animal Cuts will be there to help give you that extra boost.

RK4
01-18-10, 10:01 am
no probs RK.. we are all here to help each other... keep track of your calorie in vs out is fairly important imho.. calorieking.com or fitday.com are pretty cool sites to play ard with!
if your training is in check, diet in check..you should see progress..perhaps your consuming too much carbs ( i meant simple carbs like refined carbs??!?? )
knowing when to take carbs are pretty crucial when dieting down as well.

I think Ive got everything locked down diet/training wise - it seems like my changes are noticeable in a mirror and not so much on the scale lately. I can definitely see changes, its just the scale isnt moving. I should be starting Cuts on Wednesday - looking forward to it.

The_Legacy
01-18-10, 2:01 pm
yep, cuts ain't just for bodybuilders. if you have your diet and cardio in check you'll see resutls bro.

MELTDOWN
01-18-10, 2:37 pm
I think Ive got everything locked down diet/training wise - it seems like my changes are noticeable in a mirror and not so much on the scale lately. I can definitely see changes, its just the scale isnt moving. I should be starting Cuts on Wednesday - looking forward to it.

You may need to hide that scale somewhere. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and a lot of times the mirror is more of a measure of progress than the scale. Once you've lost the bulk of the fat, muscle is most of what's left, along with water weight. Cuts will help remove the water between the muscle and skin, which will make you look more defined and ripped. Then at that point, all 'ya got is bone, organs and muscle, which is where we all want to be. In 19 years of training, I've tried them all, and Cuts stays in the pantry.
Carry On !!!

RK4
01-18-10, 8:08 pm
You may need to hide that scale somewhere. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat and a lot of times the mirror is more of a measure of progress than the scale. Once you've lost the bulk of the fat, muscle is most of what's left, along with water weight. Cuts will help remove the water between the muscle and skin, which will make you look more defined and ripped. Then at that point, all 'ya got is bone, organs and muscle, which is where we all want to be. In 19 years of training, I've tried them all, and Cuts stays in the pantry.
Carry On !!!

Good times, Im ready to start the next step - CUTS! Thanks for all the advice.

RK4
01-21-10, 6:58 pm
I started Cuts today, which leads me to my next question: Is it completely pointless to take Cuts if you only take 1 pack a day? I took a pack early this morning, did about 75 minutes cardio and I really liked the feeling and the extra burst. No jittery feeling at all, great thermo effect, a lot of sweating - I enjoyed it this morning. I took the 2nd pack this afternoon and while I didnt feel horrible (I did get a small headache and some mild stomach pain), I would rather take it only early in the morning if its feasible. My 2nd option is to try to do 2 again for another day or two and see if things change. Any opinions?

U Mad Brah?
01-21-10, 8:02 pm
why not try out the 1 pack per day brah? see how it works for u my good brah