PDA

View Full Version : Got 2 months....

VinceRkg
01-18-10, 6:44 pm
Alright guys, I have been laid off from lifting from back surgery and broken finger since November, My wedding is in two months followed by 10 day honeymoon in Hawaii. Gained some fat and lost some muscle!!!
I want to get some back and shred at the same time! Any thoughts on training?

I am at 243 now and diet has been off and on. I was up to 245 while lifting on schedule. But since stopping and eating taking a crapper, its been horrible. I am good to go 100% now!!

I got Animal Cuts, M Stack, Stack, Test, Sterol and Torrent and Shock.

I am around 25% BF now..ugh..Help....Thanks Brothers...

ghost
01-18-10, 6:56 pm
You have been given a green light to lift? Honestly, i suggest taking it slow as to not re-injure yourself and be laid up again.

cardio is the biggest thing, as it will help you lose those unwanted lbs. 45-60 minutes daily.

other than that, What does your diet look like?

shizz702
01-18-10, 8:25 pm
Diet is going to be the big factor here for you. Since you want to lose the fat and preserve the muscle a recomp is your best option.

Read this: http://www.anonymousbodybuilding.com/forum/thread15464.html

to get a basic overview, and I suggest you then further research the concept to put something together.

For training just keep it basic, ease back into things and do what worked for you pre injury.

GUNS
01-19-10, 1:37 am
What did you have done to your back. I had back surgery a few years ago and here are some Things I changed up.

Squats, you can still do them. I am doing 20 rep'ers now. I started out doing 6 sets of 20 with 135 and did that everyother week. In between I did Fronts ATG in addition to just a regular 3 or 4 sets of 10-12.

Leg Press, wish I had one, I used on for a week and it was great. just stop short of when your hips start to roll.

Deads, start light and work your way back up. This one may take longer to get back into.

Standing BB curls, depending how heavy you go, it could put alot of pressure on your back.

For cardio, running hurts me, so if you can not do it, hit the ellyptical and bike.

I can not tell you how much you need to stretch your back in between sets of everything. If your back says no, stop and move on. This is just a few things I thought could help you out in your journey. Good luck and congrats on the wedding.

fenix237
01-19-10, 9:46 am
Diet is going to be the big factor here for you. Since you want to lose the fat and preserve the muscle a recomp is your best option.

Read this: http://www.anonymousbodybuilding.com/forum/thread15464.html

to get a basic overview, and I suggest you then further research the concept to put something together.

For training just keep it basic, ease back into things and do what worked for you pre injury.

hey shizz- good article you linked to...just read it- very interesting stuff. i remember about the ABCDE diet way back when i was reading MM2K- i thought it made some sense when i read it back then although i never tried it. i've been wanting to try the Anabolic Diet as well. could work well for me since i did well on a DP/Ox "keto" last year

VinceRkg
01-19-10, 11:00 am
Yup I got the Green light! I had L4-L5 Fused when I was 18, now my L2 was slipping and pinching a nerve..so had to fix that. I ran Track and Field since I was 9 until 18, but from 16-18 was traveling all over the world to run. So ruptured disc then. I am good now..wasnt that bad. I was able to move a lot after surgery this last time.

Diet is strict since 2 weeks ago:

Meal 1: 8 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats, Protein powder

Meal 2: Chicken boob with Mustard marinade and 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 3: Protein shake and banana

Meal 4: Chicken and broco raw and 1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 5: 1/2 cup mixed un salted nuts and grape juice

Meal 6: Orange Roughy filet with 1/2 cup brown rice

I drink about 2 gallons a water, including gym time.

I work out after work, later around 6-7pm for about an hour, then hit treadmill for cardio in am if I wake up and after wokrouts except for leg days. Thats what I did before surgery and will continue this tonight.

Squats are hard for me now, so will be doing more leg press and single leg leg press. BB curls are hard once I start going heavey, so I do precher curls. I golf and teach and work for a golf company as well and have been to the range 3 times and am able to hit some. Played Sunday and felt good.

I can tell though I lost muscle since my chest has shrunk, got whats called, man boobs..UGH...and arms have shrunk big time. Was at 18.5 now at 16.5! Legs got small as well but lean, odd. Anyways, how does the diet look?? I am going to be hitting the gym every day till the wedding. Morning cardio and after work lift and some cardio.

The_Legacy
01-19-10, 1:43 pm
Diet looks in check, alot of cardio will help 5 times a week, 45 minutes at least

VinceRkg
01-19-10, 1:52 pm
As for lifting:

Monday - Chest , Shoulders
Tuesday - Back , Rear Delts , Traps
Wednesday - Arms , Forearms
Thursday - Quads , Calves , Hams
Friday - Chest , Shoulders
Saturday - Arms , Forearms
Sunday - Back , Rear Delts , Traps

No days off from lifting, Arms will be days off I guess. Time spent in Gym is from 1-1.5 hrs. I have always liked to work out long and do more reps and sweat and heavy slow lifts. Tonight is first night back in gym since Nov., so will see how it goes. Any other input guys? Thanks for listening and responding also...

Kryptonite
01-19-10, 6:35 pm
"If man made it, don't eat it. If it tastes good, spit it out." - Jack Lalanne

shizz702
01-19-10, 7:40 pm
As for lifting:

Monday - Chest , Shoulders
Tuesday - Back , Rear Delts , Traps
Wednesday - Arms , Forearms
Thursday - Quads , Calves , Hams
Friday - Chest , Shoulders
Saturday - Arms , Forearms
Sunday - Back , Rear Delts , Traps

No days off from lifting, Arms will be days off I guess. Time spent in Gym is from 1-1.5 hrs. I have always liked to work out long and do more reps and sweat and heavy slow lifts. Tonight is first night back in gym since Nov., so will see how it goes. Any other input guys? Thanks for listening and responding also...

You would either have to be a genetic freak or juiced up to gain on such a routine. There is no need to hit all those body parts twice, I would drop the second days and leave them for recovery or cardio. Even if you can or do gain off this as is, you will be holding back gains by limiting the recovery. You don't grow in the gym, you grow outside, recovering, and letting your muscles adapt to the stress.

Diet looks ok, lots of good clean food. With plenty of cardio it should keep the mass on, possible gain some, and keep you lean.

GUNS
01-20-10, 12:50 am
Try one bodypart one time a week.

try

M-Legs
T-Chest
W-Off
T-Back
F-Shoulders
S-Arms
S-off

about 13 sets for big parts and about 9 for arms. Cardio can be everyday but take Sunday completely off and rest. Cardio after your workout. Workout no more than an hour. 45 min cardio. If you can do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. And by all means use the search on this forum and read.

VinceRkg
01-20-10, 11:36 am
You are right guys, will go to one body part a night. Last night took WAY too long to workout. Gym is packed now. UGH...

Felt good thought, I am still doing cardio in AM, woke up at 6 today, walked to gym, its only 1/4 of mile away, did cardio on treadmill for 50 min, then walked back. but will do once a day and Sundays completely off. I cant wait, will take before and after pics and try to show progress on photobucket. Thanks guys, Damn back.....lol

Kryptonite
01-20-10, 8:14 pm
Your diet should consist of one serving or more of the following in each meal:
1. Protein
2. Carbohydrates (complex)
3. Fat (monounsaturated)
4. Vegetables (leafy greens)

Example meal (based on the kCals of your meals posted):
8 oz chicken breast
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
.5 oz (14g) almonds
3 oz (85g) spinach

VinceRkg
02-05-10, 6:30 pm
I added Almonds on, and more spinach...feel good, but again losing weight now. Its weird but will keep on keeping on....Thanks again