PDA

View Full Version : the hunger...the other

BEASTOFRAGE
01-20-10, 2:01 am
***WARNING...THIS WILL EITHER FIRE YOU UP OR PISS YOU OFF...for what we do isn't a fuckin game!!***

what's the difference between these two lifters:

- one who half-asses, works one job and goes to school..
- one who has become one of the strongest in NC, has 2 jobs, went to school and has a family and has a 800 bench as his goal...

for anyone that trains hard and busts their ass, its obvious. the one that still busts his ass regardless of the "outside" interferring has one fuckin thing in common...they have embraced the "other". i've talked about this before...how every lifter whether it be a strongman, bodybuilding, or powerlifting has had to make that choice...the one or the other. its what separate the gymrats from the pros. everyone wants to quit because they realize the shit isn't easy but on the other hand they want it. this is where they need to get off their ass and make a choice...their hunger dictates that. they get after those extra reps past failure or add that extra plate on the bar more than they think they can do or watch videos of their competition for motivation or do that extra set just because the want more work or go to failure after puking after the previous set because they know their competition is and leaving weight in the gym is no option.

when i picked up my first flex magazine...i saw dorian yates on the cover and wonder on one question..."what's the difference between me and him?" what did he have that i didn't? all i was was this monster on the cover of a magazine as mr. olympia. then i picked up my first issue of powerlifting usa and saw guys like dave waterman, clay brandenburg, rob fusner, etc and wonder the same again...'what did they have that i don't?". i thought it was hard work. so i did just that...put in the hard work. nope...that wasn't it. i thought it was having the best supplements? so i started taking the best supplements...nope...that's wasn't it. i thought it was being in the best gym. so i trained at the best gym...nope that wasn't it.

now don't get me wrong...those things are helpful....but one thing can decide it all. its that hunger. deciding that its possible and you willing to do whatever it takes to get there. knowing that there will be a lot of obstacles in your path and your willing to face them all and break through them all. a man can lift weights for years and never break past that "plateau". that plateau isn't a plateau...its an empass. its where the road divides. where you will have to choose to stay normal and live in shadows or embrace the other. your hunger will decide that. its whether you want it or not. wolverine had the hunger for vengeance...that's all he saw and embracing the other was literally no other way. spiderman had the hunger to survive against someone who IS goin to kill him...embracing the other was no other way and they both wanted it. its not a fuckin forced decision. you can go the other way. that's always a choice. without that hunger, it will happen. you will go that other direction and become just another gymrat who only "dreams".

realize this. a friend of mine told me that when he got into bodybuilding he was weighing at 175 at 5-6. people didn't think he had much of a chance at the sport so they feel the nerve to distract him during his training session. he's now 5-6, 230. and no one dare to fuck with his session...why? he has made that choice. he's very hungry and wants it bad. mr. alabama is on his mind. he know that he will have to be "the other" do it and that he is. this applies to any sport. another friend of mine has had some rough shit happen to him but hasn't stopped him regardless of all the haters out there. that just motivates him to be even more hungry to STAY #1. that's right. he's at the top and he's goin to stay hungry at 242. sometimes you have to be "that freak that trains in the basement" to become something people never fuckin seen. why in the fuck is everyone trying to be "lean" for? put in some goddamn hard work and then work twice as hard to get lean. why is everyone wanting to change up their supplements and NOT their training? you bust your ass first in the gym...supps are fuckin supps. i'm not saying you need to be at a temple gym like dorian yates or go to columbus, ohio and train at westside barbell or at iron chamber gym. those places can instill that "killer instinct" and if you can train at those places, you fuckin should...but there is a way to find that hunger...that killer instinct...even on your own...but you have to fuckin want it...you have to be hungry for it...

again realize this...unless you embrace the other...unless you have that hunger...unless you arm yourself with that killer instinct..you have no chance at getting the strongest in your state or in the united states or in the world...you have no chance at benching that 500lbs or squatting that 800 or deadlifting that 800...you have no chance at being #1 in your weight class...you have no chance at obtaining your state title on stage...you have no chance at being mr. olympia...you have no chance at destroying that world record total, bench, squat or deadlift....your future becomes nuthin more than just a dream. you become nothing.

how does that feel? someone telling you have no chance at something before even trying. trying begins when you find that hunger and embrace the other. find that hunger..find that one thing that will make you go that extra rep or two...the one thing that you will be happy you bled for...the one thing that your willing to bust your ass for no matter the shit in your life...whether it be job, school, relationships, etc...i talk/text to powerlifters and bodybuilders on a regular basis and they have one if not all of those challenges and if they don't use it as an excuse then why would i? how does it feel knowing that somewhere in the world there is someone who your height and weight and wants it more than you?...who is stronger than you? who walks the gym like an animal? even more..what if he's at your gym? what would you do?

let me give you one more example. i trained with someone who was i thought had the best build for powerlifting. he was 5-8, 240 with 19 inch arms. very strong. he came to two meets before deciding on doin one of his own and i would do it with him. in short, he competed and totaled 1365 at 242 raw. he did good right? he didn't think so. he bitched about it all the way home saying that it wasn't good and it was a waste of his time. i didn't get it back then and why he quit on me but now i get it. he was forced to make a choice. he saw what his competition was doing. it imtimidated him. he was competiting against animals who were VERY hungry. it overwhelmed him. it did so that he decided that he didn't want it anymore. he would rather be the strongest guy at his gym rather than embracing the other and becoming more than that. he threw away his trophy and preferred to be normal...cause there isn't competition to be that..

what happened to him? he went very quietly and silently into the shadows.
do you want that do be you?

it is obvious by now that just having the potential isn't enough? that taking the best supps, goin to the best gym, havin the best training partner, and having the best training program isn't goin to do shit for you unless you have that hunger and embrace the other. only then will you find that killer instinct...that unshakable resolve to be the strongest and the best. fuck just surviving. the road ahead isn't goin to be easy and will take blood and guts just TO survive...but you have to make yourself go beyond that...

are you willing to endure the most pain in your life?
are you willing to smile after puking because you know your one step closer to shocking the fuck out of the competition?
are you willing to endure that one more set cause your competition has done two?
are you willing to do what it takes just satisfy your hunger even though it will never be satisfied?
are you willing to sacriface your "life" and live only to accomplish your current goal?
are you willing to embrace the other?
what would do when you realize that there this no tommorrow?

time is running short...we take up space...make your move...make the bid to take up more space..

find that hunger...embrace the other...believe that the killer instinct breeds warriors...not champions..believe that your resolve won't be broken...and become that nightmare ready to wreak chaos on your competition...make the haters sick with your apperance...make your mark...give your competition hell and no mercy...OR

back the fuck down so someone else can,
TB