PDA

View Full Version : blast arms

punchy
01-25-10, 11:28 pm
whats up animals. Ok my problem is everybody part I train always get that good sore for a good 24 hrs. But not arms. hell I can barely drive home. cant shift the car for shit. Lol but never sore the next day.... looking for some good tips. Whatcha guyz got... And I do heavy preacher curls and mix in 21s... I train heavy triceps. Just never sore the next day. don't know what to do

Sho
01-26-10, 12:11 am
if it isnt sore i dont think you're training them hard enough to tear the muscle fibers, im pretty sure thats what the soreness is all about.

calcaneous
01-26-10, 12:17 am
lower the weight increase the reps.

Crazy drop sets, make them so brutal that 10lb curls make you bicep feel like they are going to be exploding out of your skin. you should be dripping sweat and tears by the end of a drop set.

go for crazy high rep pump sets.

super set bi and tri.

punchy
01-26-10, 12:27 am
sweet i haven't done drop sets for arms in a long time i will try them 2morrow thanks bro.

calcaneous
01-26-10, 12:37 am
for hammer curls, i work up to a set where i fail at 6 reps. Then i drop it down like 10lbs per arm and go till i fail. then i drop it again 10lbs and go to failure. I do these till im at like 10lb little db and literally crying trying to get the last few reps out.

punchy
01-26-10, 12:53 am
i train arms hard i can hardly shake my after workout protein shake and the next day nothing really pisses me off some times i'll have a pump from hell be happy arms are burning the nothing when i wake up. its frustrating...

punchy
01-26-10, 2:09 am
[QUOTE=punchy;889791]whats up animals. Ok my problem is everybody part I train always get that good sore for a good 24 hrs. But not arms. hell I can barely drive home. cant shift the car for shit. Lol but never sore the next day.... looking for some good tips. Whatcha guyz got... And I do heavy preacher curls and mix in 21s... I train heavy triceps. Just never sore the next day. don't know what to do. when i train i do drop sets. sets to failure. 21's. negative reps. hell i've worked out w/ other people and there arms were sore for 2 days at least. its crazy. hell when i'm done working out i cant even shake my after workout protein shake. w/ out my arms burning like hell.

theharjmann
01-26-10, 4:23 am
whats up animals. Ok my problem is everybody part I train always get that good sore for a good 24 hrs. But not arms. hell I can barely drive home. cant shift the car for shit. Lol but never sore the next day.... looking for some good tips. Whatcha guyz got... And I do heavy preacher curls and mix in 21s... I train heavy triceps. Just never sore the next day. don't know what to do

have your arms grown over the past few months? if so then theres no need to worry.

Razor
01-26-10, 7:29 am
Drop sets. That's how i got mine to get sore.

shizz702
01-26-10, 9:32 am
How about just focusing on progressively adding weight to your arm exercises?

Soreness isn't the be all end all. Next arm workout add 5 lbs to your lifts and go from there.

ironshaolin
01-26-10, 3:34 pm
Soreness is NOT the be all, end all of a good workout. A few years ago, I was doing stupid stuff in the gym. I was coming up with intense, ridiculous workouts all the time. I was ALWAYS sore after a workout, but rarely made progress. Now I train smarter, and I'm not always sore after working out, I tend to feel charged up and energized. But the weights are going up, I'm getting stronger, and the tape measurement is expanding. Don't worry about it too much if you're not sore, as long as you're doing more weight or more reps from workout to workout, you'll be good.

MrMonday
01-26-10, 3:48 pm
How about just focusing on progressively adding weight to your arm exercises?

Soreness isn't the be all end all. Next arm workout add 5 lbs to your lifts and go from there.

I would echo what shizz is saying here.

Muscleguy93
01-26-10, 4:58 pm
soreness or no soreness, if your growing keep doing what your doing.

dbbeast
01-26-10, 7:18 pm
Soreness is NOT the be all, end all of a good workout. A few years ago, I was doing stupid stuff in the gym. I was coming up with intense, ridiculous workouts all the time. I was ALWAYS sore after a workout, but rarely made progress. Now I train smarter, and I'm not always sore after working out, I tend to feel charged up and energized. But the weights are going up, I'm getting stronger, and the tape measurement is expanding. Don't worry about it too much if you're not sore, as long as you're doing more weight or more reps from workout to workout, you'll be good.

bump! every body is different, what produces soreness in one person may not in another....my back is by far my best body part and responds the quickest to training. however, i am rarely sore after a back day regardless of how intense i train. just continue to march on and keep training.

shizz702
01-26-10, 7:28 pm
As long as you are making some kind of progress, be it positive visible changes in the mirror, the scale, or adding weight on the bar (which is so important, yet overlooked by many) what you are doing is working.

Soreness may be good indicator at times you had a good workout, but just because you are not sore afterward doesn't mean you aren't progressing. If you aren't progressing in some aspect, then it's time to look into some changes, but don't let soreness be the indicator, look at the bigger picture.

BionicMasterPiece
01-26-10, 8:33 pm
If your super sore your muscles are pretty much telling you...."Hey Buddy lower the volume because you overtrained"

NaturalTrainee
01-27-10, 7:32 am
If your super sore your muscles are pretty much telling you...."Hey Buddy lower the volume because you overtrained"

The science behind this. Soreness, while it does indicate muscle exhaustion, is an ineffective calculator for growth since you could also be overtrained. The fact that you succeded your limits doesn't necessarily mean you did this without overreaching.

BionicMasterPiece
01-27-10, 10:38 am
The science behind this. Soreness, while it does indicate muscle exhaustion, is an ineffective calculator for growth since you could also be overtrained. The fact that you succeded your limits doesn't necessarily mean you did this without overreaching.

Im just saying dude...rofl...so serious!!!!! yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

NaturalTrainee
01-27-10, 11:57 am
Im just saying dude...rofl...so serious!!!!! yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually agree with you.