PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Of the GrudgeStone

MassMonster
02-02-10, 8:34 pm
I'm creative with the names... lol makes it interesting i guess..... either way i've changed my style of lifting a bit.. trying to rid myself of when i used to train like a bodybuilder.. And since I no longer desire that path, I need to change the way i train to match. I have been holding off making a new plan for the most part because i know I'll create sum way to make it bodybuilding-ish. I like strongman i Like power... and most of all i like a heavy Squat and Deadlift. Granted my Dead isn't wat it used to be ... but ill rectify that soon enough... everything on me is in order and I think it's time to run with it .

Currents
Bench: 345x1
Squat: 355x1
Dead : 455x1

Wants/Will Happen
Bench: 375
Squat: 405
Dead: 505

I'm Giving myself the rest of this semester of school, so end of May begining of June. so this is do-able if I train right and eat a tad better lol.... starting the latter and the training atm is up in the air.. I've been doing a 5x5 to 3 rep pyramid for the most 5-6 sets per exercise get more of the easy power thru, and explosive power in my movements.... I realize my bench is almost my squat llol i hate it but for sum unfathomable reason unbeknownced (sp)? to me. I'm a natural bencher .... i rather be 1 of the latter tho.... either way if u have ne exercises or programs that are good to help me gain strength, a little more reliably im all ears...

For some retarted reason i was thinking of doing Doggcrap training ... yet again bodybuilding program ... i was thinking of more of the fact i met the critearia better since i have been lifting for 4-5yrs now ... but then again didnt think it thru considering it's def not what i want...

but im rambling on... so ill cut this here looking forward to my progress and any help u ppl might throw my way

C.Coronato
02-03-10, 9:39 am
Looks like a solid start my man.

MassMonster
02-03-10, 5:48 pm
Looks like a solid start my man.

ye bro like i said used to be a bodybuilder always had my self trained for going into shows not lettin myself go to much so i could taper up ... but idc bout that so i gotta steer another way by force lol ... gunna give smolov a try for squats and ill also try 5/3/1 ..

MassMonster
02-04-10, 4:09 pm
Well I figured it out... I hope Jim Wendal Doesnt cuss me out lol...

gunna do both programs suggested to me from a friend .... and yes i am a crazy bastard... if this doenst workout after im done with the 2 week micro cycle ill drop wnedlers program...

if you guys havent guessed it yet I'm going to Combo 5/3/1 and the Smolov Squat program

i'm going to break it down like this

Monday - Bench
Tuesday - Legs
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Shoulders
Saturday- Legs
Sunday - Deads

And if you havent noticed Thursdays today so ima get to it

BTW... thanks Boom

Vaze_06
02-04-10, 9:45 pm
i expect great things from u... so u better deliver!
tho i dont think u need to do a combo, i have seen people have great gain from 531 only. should be interesting to see how it goes
hmm, if u promise to cut down on the pb blueberry jelly, im sub =)
oh and go check your yahoo mails

J Wong
02-04-10, 9:48 pm
Wait a minute...

Are you running the microcycle before the base mesocycle? And deadlifts are not supposed to be done during Smolov.

widdlewade44
02-04-10, 9:48 pm
Good stuff MM, happy to have you back in the mix and I'm looking forward to this leg of your Journey, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

BionicMasterPiece
02-04-10, 9:53 pm
Cant wait to see some action!

MassMonster
02-04-10, 10:01 pm
Wait a minute...

Are you running the microcycle before the base mesocycle? And deadlifts are not supposed to be done during Smolov.

hmm the thing i have read didnt say nething about the deads... ill drop deads gladly tho if thats the case :) ill re-read the whole thing .. i actually did it today and well im tired as crap. Also ye im on Micro atm.... and anyone who thinks those warm ups are easy business are stupid strong... or just stupid lol

to prove it to ye ill write down what i did ..tho it didnt say how many sets to reps i was suppose to do of lunges ... so i mirrored the warmups to a point

Warm ups
No Dip Long Grip Snatches 5x3
Behind the Back Presses 5x3
Over The Head Squats 5x3

-I really dont like the behind the back presses tho not surre y i need them

Lunges (focused on stretch)
3x5
4x5 - Increased weight
3x5 -Increased weight

Plyometric training

Box jumps 4x5
Long Jumps 3x5
Short jump ups 3x5

heres the link where i got it boom lemme kno if i read it wrong or misinterpreted sumthing .... but either way im sticking wit smolov its beast

http://www.ontariostrongman.ca/Resources/training/smolovsquatcycle.htm

J Wong
02-04-10, 10:05 pm
http://wkak.net/SmolovFAQ.htm

^a FAQ

http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

^ the calculator for when you get to the base meso/intense meso

MassMonster
02-04-10, 11:30 pm
http://wkak.net/SmolovFAQ.htm

^a FAQ

http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

^ the calculator for when you get to the base meso/intense meso

then its settled ill quit dead day ... fine with me ill work at um after the 13 weeks :)

thanks again B.

MassMonster
02-05-10, 10:37 pm
Shoulders today enacting the 5/3/1 style

and damn i rlly gotta gain sum strength in my shoulders granted i messed up a bit with the percentages and forgot to project the lifts off my 90% of the 1RM but still i need to make sure i get them trained ... other than that good workout

BB presses
65% x5
75%x5
85%x3 -- gotta get sum work done sadly this was suppose to be another 5 rep set

Accessory work

Push Presses
x5-8 for 4

Laterals
x5-6 for 4

Core training
8 sets of 10-20
20 min jog

MassMonster
02-05-10, 10:41 pm
looking forward to tommorrow ... been reading and re-reading the program .. i dont wanna fuck this up for lack of better terms... but im seriously gunna bring the rain with this 1. i feel it in my legs today, they arent sore but they know they've been worked.... hahahaha i think every time i pull out the papers for it an evil chuckle should follow, they werent kidding when they compared it to the gates of hell and halloween every other day >:)

J Wong
02-05-10, 11:46 pm
Shoulders today enacting the 5/3/1 style

and damn i rlly gotta gain sum strength in my shoulders granted i messed up a bit with the percentages and forgot to project the lifts off my 90% of the 1RM but still i need to make sure i get them trained ... other than that good workout

BB presses
65% x5
75%x5
85%x3 -- gotta get sum work done sadly this was suppose to be another 5 rep set

Accessory work

Push Presses
x5-8 for 4

Laterals
x5-6 for 4

Core training
8 sets of 10-20
20 min jog

You are probably doing it wrong bro.

Did you use 90% of your real max as your training max?

Vaze_06
02-05-10, 11:50 pm
bullshit @ title!! last time i saw u, u were a skeleton! AH!
u better get those squat up... u wouldnt want me to catch up.. just saying...

MassMonster
02-06-10, 12:18 am
You are probably doing it wrong bro.

Did you use 90% of your real max as your training max?

nah thats what i said in the post ..lol but ye i used %'s off of max instead of 90% but ye i still have work to do : /

MassMonster
02-06-10, 12:20 am
bullshit @ title!! last time i saw u, u were a skeleton! AH!
u better get those squat up... u wouldnt want me to catch up.. just saying...

wtf u talking bout??? wat title?? the thread ? and when u catch up to me in squats is the day florida breaks off and becomes part of castro's Cuba

Vaze_06
02-06-10, 7:21 am
wtf u talking bout??? wat title?? the thread ? and when u catch up to me in squats is the day florida breaks off and becomes part of castro's Cuba

yeah your thread's title... and u should play with balen instead...last night i was doing a PQ and some dude gave me 9 willpower talismans lol tho we got Owned by a hero >.>...... *cough*i need u*cough*
O.O, that would be badass!!! hmmm will u cook for me too? pretty pleaseee
be happy! at least your chesticles will always be stronger than mine =)

MassMonster
02-06-10, 12:08 pm
i thought u were on gonnag? lol but nvm this aint the place for this.... excited for todays lifting , i wanna get sum squats shorts anyone know where to pick them up?

MassMonster
02-06-10, 10:26 pm
2nd day of Smolov and hell im luvin this shit... seriously ive never felt better... the only thing i need to work on is the time it takes me to do another set... I'm going back in the hole too quick and i gotta remind myself I'm not in that business no more lol.

Warm Up

Wide Grip Snatch (nodip) x5
Behind The Back Squats (Pause at bottom) x5
Over the Head Squats x5

Lunges
135x5
135x3
155x5
185x4
205x4

-I've never done lunges that high before, it felt good-

Jump Work

3 box jump course
4 rounds for 3 sets

Small jump ups for 3 sets

done

-Overall its an entirely different way of training and i really like it .. it may not look it but this stuff is pretty taxing :)

Firedrake
02-08-10, 5:39 pm
That's certainly looking taxing to THIS old man . . . great stuff!

MassMonster
02-08-10, 10:36 pm
done with the 1st week of Smolov ...time to get into the real stuff ... I really can't wait till thursday. I feel pumped like never be4 ...but anyway enough rabble... heres today

Warmup
Wide Grip Snatchx4
BehindTheback Pause Squatx5
Above Head Widegripp Squatx5

-Stretches-

BB Lunges
155x5
185x4
205x4
225x3
80x5
100x5

-Went Significantly lower after 225 because i messed up a bit and stomped my knee so i didn't wanna irritate it too much since it was throbbing a little-

High Jump Low Jump Box course
4sets of 4-5

-Stretches-

Pause Body Squats
4sets of 5

followed my long lunges to the car lol

MassMonster
02-09-10, 6:25 pm
anyone have ne ideas what are the best types of shoes to squat in ... these nikes i have are lacking in where i need um to excell lol if that makes any sense ..... and also whats a good knee wrap to get ... i have a feeling i may need them in the future

J Wong
02-09-10, 6:25 pm
anyone have ne ideas what are the best types of shoes to squat in ... these nikes i have are lacking in where i need um to excell lol if that makes any sense ..... and also whats a good knee wrap to get ... i have a feeling i may need them in the future

APT convict knee wraps is a popular choice.

Firedrake
02-09-10, 6:32 pm
APT convict knee wraps is a popular choice.

*2 -- actually, I started with the APT Hybrids, and liked them well enough. APT makes good products all around.

I still want some Inzer lifting shoes, though.

MassMonster
02-09-10, 7:43 pm
I used to have an Inzer belt so i kno their stuff is good, but expensive... but ill take ya words on it.. atp it is :)

Vaze_06
02-10-10, 8:55 am
i see this time u didnt ''almost'' lunges 2 pies huh... lol
thursday is to damn far.. go train Ahora ...

Ohh!!!!! u almost karate chop my head off when i said i wanted to buy wraps!! i see a double standard here ...

MassMonster
02-10-10, 11:01 pm
??? no i didnt.... and tomorro is going to be fun Oh Btw i modeled the orc face today :) it looks sweet tho its not done.... i gotta take a screen shot when im in skool tuesday

MassMonster
02-11-10, 11:10 pm
Well i havent kept up with the other days so ill post um now

Monday - back

Pullups
4x5

Rows
155x5
185x5
205x5
225x5

Low Row
145x5
160x5
175x5

PullDown
160x5for3

10min cardio

MassMonster
02-11-10, 11:13 pm
Wednesday - Chest (i forgot and last post was suppose to be tuesdays W/o)

Warm up Stretches

Bench
205x5 65%
235x5 75%
265x5 85%

(was easy )

- Assistance Work -

DB Presses
75x5
85x5
95x5
100x5

Push Presses
145x5
160x5
170x5
185x5

Decline Twists and situps
5sets of 12-20

-Done

MassMonster
02-11-10, 11:18 pm
Thursday - Smolov start of Week 2 of MicroCycle

back was a bit tender today so i was leery about today but all in all happy with outcome...

Warm up
wide Grip Snatchx5
Behind The Back Squat x5
Above Head Squatx5

Squats
275x3 80%
275x4
275x3
295x3 85%
275x3

- I tried doing the jump exercises but my legs musta been a bit tired cuz after the 1st set i tried for a second and missed the box lol .... i smashed my shin into the thing as well ... i think that was prolly an indicator to go

Firedrake
02-12-10, 12:05 am
Great work -- good pulls, solid chest!

MassMonster
02-12-10, 7:13 pm
Set up for Shoulders today ... i kno it doesnt follow the week order for 5/3/1 but i redid last weeks and i was successful now i that i did it right

Shoulders - Friday

BB press
165x5 65%
185x5 75%
205x5 85%

was real nice and got a good feel in the shoulders happy as a clam

DB presses
60x5
70x5
80x5

Push Presses
135x5
155x5
185x5

few sets of core training

21min on eliptical

good stuff stoked for tomorro

Firedrake
02-12-10, 8:09 pm
Good stuff, indeed!

MassMonster
02-12-10, 8:23 pm
Good stuff, indeed!

ty i hope to get 85% for 5 tomorro

Vaze_06
02-13-10, 2:19 pm
so legs are next? strong pressing. done seated or standing

MassMonster
02-13-10, 10:30 pm
"Lets Show 'em Wots' Wot, Who's Who, and How We handle Business Roun' 'Ere." - Drorrin Grudgestone

lol idk the quotes fun and it reminds me im battling myself this whole 13 weeks....
Did sum serious leg work today. Kicked it up a notch for sure, cuz in 1 more session im on to base cycle... and hell if i aint gunna be ready.

Smolov Cycle Week 2 Day 2

Warm up
Overhead Squat x5
Back Deep Squat x5
Wide Snatches x5

Squats
275x5 - quota accomplished for 80%
295x5 - quota accomplished for 85%
295x3
295x1 - busted on this 1 lol didnt give enough recoup time
275x4

Jump exercises

-This time i didnt bus ass lmao-

3sets of 3

Core
4sets of 20

5 min high resistance cardio

-Done-

Firedrake
02-14-10, 12:14 am
Great leg day -- I was off working Rage's new "Hell-Raiser" leg training, and my legs are already telling me ALL about it!

MassMonster
02-14-10, 1:13 am
hahhahaha at least it wasnt like last session where i busted my shin cuz my legs were too tired for jump exercises

J Wong
02-16-10, 10:45 pm
When do you start the actual base mesocycle?

MassMonster
02-17-10, 4:56 pm
When do you start the actual base mesocycle?

tomorro lol my B-day

Firedrake
02-17-10, 5:39 pm
tomorro lol my B-day

You could almost call it a REbirthday!

Congratulations, for all of that -- the birth of a whole new MassMonster! 21, eh? I vaguely remember that day . . . it's so long ago . . .

MassMonster
02-17-10, 8:58 pm
lmao i guess all 21st birthdays are vaguely remembered... even the day afterwards when u wake up in sum1 elses apartment with a sheet around ye head and sum chik asleep on ye chest ...lol kidding kidding .. but thatd be pretty sweet none the less :)

Firedrake
02-17-10, 9:03 pm
lmao i guess all 21st birthdays are vaguely remembered... even the day afterwards when u wake up in sum1 elses apartment with a sheet around ye head and sum chik asleep on ye chest ...lol kidding kidding .. but thatd be pretty sweet none the less :)

Unfortunately, I spent most of mine in the hospital -- I'd been in a car accident that morning (no, I wasn't driving), and was utterly wiped on pain meds for about 48 hours.

I hope yours is much better!

MassMonster
02-18-10, 6:06 pm
idk if i posted my last days of the Microcycle but if i didnt it went well lol

today was the start of my Base cycle and damn if i didn't expect wat was coming... helluva way to kick off my b-day and the rest of the weekend since i got tomorro off :)

Warm-Ups

Snatchesx5
Over the head Squatsx5
Pause Squats x5

Squats at 70%RM
245x9 -that was a no no i rounded up figuring 5 pds was no big deal lol i was wrong
240x9 for 3sets

-the actual reading was 241.45 or sumthing along the lines i figured lemme round up since i dont have lowsy 1 pders ahahahaha never again it feels different definitely

core sets
5sets of 15-20

legs trashed lol im ready to go eat sum b-day sushi :)

Firedrake
02-18-10, 6:26 pm
Very solid work -- enjoy the sushi!

MassMonster
02-19-10, 12:48 am
lol i ate my fill for sure and they sung me happy b-day in japanese...as well as hit a gong a few times lol

MassMonster
02-20-10, 11:47 pm
well today was less than satisfying... i had a hard time keeping reps >.>

Warm Ups
Snatchx5
Squatx5
Lungex5

Squats
255x7x7x5x5x7

Body Squats3 sets of 15-20
Lunges 2sets of 10
Core 5sets of 15-20

legs were not feelin it today lol ill get used to it in time i guess

Vaze_06
02-21-10, 7:26 am
dont sweat it, still a really good work out
no doubt u'll be smoking prs in no time

MassMonster
02-23-10, 6:07 pm
bah, been trying to get stuff ready to move since my B day ... havent been able to get on here alot :/ .... ne way heres yesterdays and todays squat junk...

Monday 80% - was waiting a while for squat rack so i had a full warmup -
warmups
stretches
Bodysquats

Squats80%

275x5 for 7 sets

Stretches
Lunges

-out-

Tuesday85% - the 3 rep thing was easier thn the higher volume but still it was killer-
Warmups
Stretches

Squats 85%
295x3 for 10 sets

stretches

-out-

MassMonster
03-15-10, 3:19 pm
havent been able to get around to posting on here waay too busy for my own good... but im on my 1st 1rm for base cycle ... anyone wanna gimme sum advice on how to train on 1rm day? i figure i should warm up with light light weight but should i start from where i finished off last week since i repped it or should i go heavier than that ?

MassMonster
03-16-10, 2:53 pm
From yesterday to today been finishing up base ... unfortunately i wasn't able to res this weekend and ended up getting drained from siting in the sun for 5-6 hrs a piece putting up a fence.... its all good tho despite the burns and soreness i put up some decent weight and am overall satisfied since this is my first time venturing into this type of training.

yesterday i think i could of put up more but my spot wasn't all of the best kind for my last set and my left knee has been a lil temperamental. i missed 385 half way thru but prolly could have powered thru it having a better spot ... I ended it with a 365 1rm and today i only managed a 5 pound difference which is all well and good 25pd increase to my squat is nothing to laugh at lol ... also considering 225 feels like easy money and 315 feels much lighter as well .... im thinking my goal of 400 by the end of this is quite obtainable... Im going to look into the second program it suggests for the next 2 weeks of the switching phase in which i hope to start up friday or saturday .... we will see

MassMonster
03-23-10, 9:12 pm
Playing a bit of catch up here .... Ive started including a bit of Jump squats into my training to get sum explosion to get outta my sticking point..also training on form especially snatch form and such ... gotta pik up sum flex to alieve my knees of soreness... also in the upcoming im going to pick up better squat shoes and possibly sum power briefs

MassMonster
03-25-10, 1:32 am
After This weekend I'm going to start back up with some real training again. Smolov heavy Cycle starts, and in the mean time i will be looking for good bench Program To incorporate into the days i dont squat. I've decided to Join My ABC crew in the league they are competing in

My First Meet is June 17th i believe the next 1 is August 9th... I hope to have at least a 1250 total by june and maybe a 1300 by august ... we will see but in the upcoming i will be working my ass off eating a shit load better and be a hell of alot more free of stress,....

gunna make a quick checklist of what i really need and just roll with it .... i gotta make sure i have a singlet at least b4 since its required for sum reason :/ guess i should get used to lifting in it ... either way I def gotta invest in sum sick songage, Chalk, Tape, and better Squattin shoes... prolly gunna pik up 2 cans of flex while im at it .... hahahaha i smell a paycheck down the shoot

MassMonster
03-30-10, 6:52 pm
Just got done moving, started 5/3/1 bench program and picked up some equiptment... and a can of flex ... hopefully next week when i start smolov everything goes well and i get my shit in gear to kill it

Firedrake
03-30-10, 9:04 pm
Get back to work, bro! <grin>

MassMonster
03-30-10, 9:13 pm
bah Ive been workin lol just havent posted in a While since I've been in the Proces of moving, and Ive been on the 2 week deload off of smolov base cycle

Firedrake
03-31-10, 3:01 pm
bah Ive been workin lol just havent posted in a While since I've been in the Proces of moving, and Ive been on the 2 week deload off of smolov base cycle

Good to hear! The work is more important than the posting, to be sure!

MassMonster
04-01-10, 7:57 pm
going to start utilizing Westside conjurgated method **For Bench Solely** but as a back up im posting this dummy link as a reference i can look back at http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=30370

MassMonster
04-03-10, 7:43 pm
Did some Deading yesterday wasn't too bad tho my knee is achin lately which sucks ... especially since for some reason my flex i ordered is taking forever to get here and i start smolov wednesday.... a highlight tho , I got my singlet and it fits nicely figured i'd break it in while i hit up deads yesterday /// all is well tho ill post up my speed bench day in a bit

MassMonster
04-03-10, 10:15 pm
Speed Day or DE however you wanna spin it

- Took me a bit on how to figure out the way to set up the bands so they wouldnt come off the bottom part but after that i was cruisin

Speed Bench + Mini Bands
205 close grip 3x3
205 Normal/Mid Grip 3x3
205 Wide Grip 3x3

(felt great afterwards got a good feeling in the chest and tris and didn't get so much delt action in the bench that i usually feel i do)

Floor Presses (saw a vid of them doing this and i figured i'd mimic they sets since i wasn't too sure)
185 x8
185x12
185x12

(had never done these before ...now i dont think i ever will not do these ...tho i am going to rotate these with board presses and possibly j.m presses every 2-3 weeks)

Nose Pulls
120x6xx8x8

1 Arm Tri Ext
40x8
35x10
35x10

BOL -(bent over laterals)
30x8-12 for 3

felt real good felt strong as well i kno its only the first day and a speed day at that but i liked it alot ... glad i made the choice to use it

Firedrake
04-04-10, 12:44 am
Hey, give it a shot -- if the program does what you want it to, more power to you!

Vaze_06
04-04-10, 1:55 pm
u'll smoke 4 pies in no time. nice work

MassMonster
04-04-10, 2:38 pm
i rather get that in squats but i hope the same down the line

Vaze_06
04-04-10, 3:14 pm
true squatting 4 pies is more badass than pressing.. but im not worried, with your ethics u'll get there

MassMonster
04-04-10, 3:15 pm
i never knew i had any ethicsO.o

Vaze_06
04-04-10, 3:20 pm
i never knew i had any ethicsO.o

LOL, for lifting?!
tssss... its in your blood, so damn consistent abou it.... i wonder if u hadnt taken a break where u would be at right now... *shrugs* thats the past... present, future and 4 pies, yep yep

MassMonster
04-04-10, 6:21 pm
when did i take a break?

Vaze_06
04-04-10, 7:43 pm
. . . . . .
ya know, when u did your last bb contest ..... kinda disappear after. but then u met adam. model who loves and train his abs to damn often. but at least he got u back into the groove; came back as iron...... huh!
u should know this better than me >.<

oooh, u took a 1-2 weeks from deads when u screwed up your back and was taking drugs.. i mean Pills !

ye, think ima hush and go make a protein's shake . ..

MassMonster
04-04-10, 9:10 pm
i didnt stop lifting tho .... never have never will even when i hurt my back i was still squattin and benching .... in the famous words O' Ozzy Never Gunna Stop

Vaze_06
04-04-10, 9:58 pm
i said Break...... never said u stopped... lol u are kidding me?! u're gonna go loco or depression if u do that
tho im still waiting on a 505 deads.... *looks at watch* yep, still waiting! No Pressure hehe

MassMonster
04-04-10, 11:00 pm
i said Break...... never said u stopped... lol u are kidding me?! u're gonna go loco or depression if u do that
tho im still waiting on a 505 deads.... *looks at watch* yep, still waiting! No Pressure hehe

Eh shut yo gord fool.......

Vaze_06
04-04-10, 11:32 pm
hey hey now! no need to bite. i always been on your freaking side Fooool so calm the fuck down! i wouldnt search for u if i didnt think u were up for the challenge
u know u're a freak so 505 will be a piece of cake

MassMonster
04-06-10, 12:22 am
got my 24in wraps and my free 12s in today along with my can of flex and for some reason a sportpharma hat... guess it was free for some reason,.. im not sure how to work max effort i know they use chainz which ill be supplementing with bands but im not sure how many bands i needa put on .... ill test it tomorrow stoked for it tho

MassMonster
04-07-10, 12:15 pm
Ill Update on how Max effort went yesterday later on but for now im excited... Smolov starts again today and im liking todays line up >:)

MassMonster
04-08-10, 5:25 pm
First off ill be removing bands from ME Day until i get the hang of things ... especially since they use chainz
second I was pretty banged up wednesday so everything didnt go as well as i planned but my wrist wraps are epic as shit lol

Close/Mid Grip Bench (all sets with * include the 1in bands)
245x4*
275x3*
305x3*
325x1
345x0
355x0-no clue why i decided to go up more in weight but i did lol

Floor Presses
185x5
225x4
245x4
275x3

Tate Presses
35x5
40x5
45x5
55x6

Bar Chins
x10x10x10

-Done

MassMonster
04-08-10, 5:31 pm
Smolov heavy Cycle .... exciting shit :)

Warm Up
Wide Grip Snatch 135x5
Jump Squats x5
Bar rest pause Squats 185 x5

Squats
245x3
275x4
315 4sets of 3
315x5

Jump Squats cooldown
3sets of 8

last few sets were rocky but it was fun as always

Firedrake
04-08-10, 8:06 pm
Solid work, bro -- with my aging joints, I don't think I'll ever be a powerlifter, but I love seeing the workouts!

MassMonster
04-08-10, 9:45 pm
ye its def ruff on ye ... im taking flex as well as a small gluco and collagen supp to keep them smooth.. still waitin on my knee sleeves to get in stock as well

J Wong
04-08-10, 9:58 pm
Pretty sure it was supposed to be 3 sets of 4...

MassMonster
04-08-10, 10:11 pm
nah sets come first reps after

Vaze_06
04-09-10, 8:55 pm
nice work outs

MassMonster
04-09-10, 11:02 pm
hahahaha wait till you see today

mark
04-10-10, 1:56 am
ummmmm... Yeah....

I'm guessing you're trying to run a "westside" style split on bench... And i'm only guessing because i have no idea about people using chains and bands exclusively on "ME"/whatever they call it day...
no idea where you got your info from, but if you really want to do westside, do a lot more reading on it because you're missing the mark...

And mixing westside and smolov... bad combo... both programs are too CNS intensive to truly be done together... either bench or squats will suffer...
Not to mention, few folks can truly run smolov with no issues...

Your training is coming off as being very haphazardly thrown together... Pick 1 program, find a solid time proven template, and run it till your meet...

MassMonster
04-10-10, 10:33 pm
another Squat day

Warm Up
Wide Grip Snatchx5
Lungesx5
Bar Squatsx5

Squats
240x3
275x3
305x4
335x3
315x5
315x5

MassMonster
04-10-10, 10:40 pm
ummmmm... Yeah....

I'm guessing you're trying to run a "westside" style split on bench... And i'm only guessing because i have no idea about people using chains and bands exclusively on "ME"/whatever they call it day...
no idea where you got your info from, but if you really want to do westside, do a lot more reading on it because you're missing the mark...

And mixing westside and smolov... bad combo... both programs are too CNS intensive to truly be done together... either bench or squats will suffer...
Not to mention, few folks can truly run smolov with no issues...

Your training is coming off as being very haphazardly thrown together... Pick 1 program, find a solid time proven template, and run it till your meet...

im not sure how its coming as haphazardly coming together also since i printed the program from their site .... i just got back on smolov from weeks off of it ... no clue how its gunna effect each other when its fits nicely into the day spacing i have ... as for the bands louie says in the article that they use bands for speed days and chains for their ME day ...

MassMonster
04-11-10, 11:02 pm
Burnt all to hell from the beach yesterday hit up smolov today ... testing out the knee sleeves... i like em a hell of alot better the the wraps ....

Warmups
Jumps Squatsx8
Static stretches
Wide Grip Snatchesx5
Balance Stretches
Light Bar Squatsx5

Squats
225x4
260x4
295x4x4x4x4x4

Hercules
04-11-10, 11:05 pm
... testing out the knee sleeves... i like em a hell of alot better the the wraps ....

Yep, they're a lot more comfortable. Much better for 'everyday' use.

Vaze_06
04-12-10, 5:00 pm
jump squat as u jump on a box?... sweeeet i love those ones!!!
nice numbers loco

Firedrake
04-12-10, 6:31 pm
Nice work with the sunburn. . .

I liked sleeves, too -- but with my creaky knees the wraps gave better support.

MassMonster
04-12-10, 10:19 pm
jump squat as u jump on a box?... sweeeet i love those ones!!!
nice numbers loco

nah its floor i explode up and jump up with the weight

Vaze_06
04-12-10, 10:34 pm
damn... how much weight do u use? thought i had to do those ones once... my knees screamed nooo. hmm dont remember u havent shitty knees...... Dont join the club!

MassMonster
04-12-10, 10:58 pm
i went to 225 one time... but i try to stay at easy weight like 135-155

MassMonster
04-13-10, 5:51 pm
ME Day

Bench
245x3
275x3
315x2
335x1
340x1
345x0

Floor Press
205x5
225x4
245x4
275x3
295x3

Football Presses
140x5
190x5
220x5

1 Arm Ext
30x5
35x5
40x5

Close Grip Pullups
x8x8x8

Vaze_06
04-16-10, 11:08 am
what happen with bench? how were u feeling?
hmmm, otherwise pretty damn good session crazy guy

MassMonster
04-16-10, 4:50 pm
Forgot to post up wednesdays squat session ... no clue why but todays was a helluva lot easier

Firedrake
04-16-10, 6:26 pm
Good work -- but, for the unfamiliar, what are "Football Presses"?

MassMonster
04-16-10, 7:21 pm
what happen with bench? how were u feeling?
hmmm, otherwise pretty damn good session crazy guy

I try ... Im gunna have my uncle make me sum boards to do presses with im getting stuck 3/4 of the way

Good work -- but, for the unfamiliar, what are "Football Presses"?

it's that chair that has the rotational bars like a chest press but you put plates on it and move each side of it freely

MassMonster
04-16-10, 7:32 pm
forgot to post been busy with school

Wednesday -feeling a bit weak... and i have only myself to blame i deff didnt eat right, i had like an apple for breakfast and a salad or sumthing for lunch ,...

225x4
260x4
295x4
335x3 -hard as shit felt grindy the whole way
335x3 -pissed got half way and dropped on 4th
335x4 -still very hard and was quite irritating

Decline Situpsx25
Floor situpsx40

Friday - I'm not gunna lie i saw the schedule for today and was scared shitless.. serious work.. and for the first time most of my workout was in the 300's..

245x3-easy
275x3
315x5-was ecstatic how easy this set was
335 3x3 - felt a ton load lighter than wednesday
350x3

Overall i was happy with today very much the weight wasn't heavy on my back at all.. but one thing will be changing in my future workouts... the one guy i asked for a spot for 350 told me i should squat wider because there was an instance or two that i lost my balance a bit... especially on my last set of 350.. and I never really noticed how close my stance was and when I widened it i felt alot more comfortable with the overall lift... so I hope to put this into affect sunday...

and on that note I plan to download more Viking Metal

MassMonster
04-18-10, 11:00 pm
Once when we were returning from a battle and
We got lost in a gloomy forest
in the middle of the woods
we saw an old house
with tired minds we knocked
the door very loudly
Old woman opened the wooden door
She asked us to come in
with kind words
From her pot arose a scent so weird
Stunning and bitter but very summoning

Bring me a magic potion
it will heal my aching wounds
A taste so bitter that makes
my bleeding soul feel so good
It will make us sing and dance
in our endless feast
Or it might even unleash
the beast in me

She filled out pints with that devils beverage
And served another round with an hideous grin
The world was spinning in a new light I saw everything
and everyone was singing this song

With nature, trolls and the spirits of the forest
We are one; let our singing rise up into the stars
The witch's magic drum was still beating hard
When a goblin brought me a new pint and together we roared

Drink and dance!
People of the forest sing with us!
Who wants to brawl with me?
Who can shape a kantele from a pike's jaw?
Like the great one once did

Close your eyes
Calm your mind and drift away from the pain
Beyond dreams
Into the depths of the cauldron
Like a rain it falls
And mirrors nature's healing powers
Surrender this time
And relief you shall find

Catcher of souls
hunter of spirits
Grant us the final frop of the life's elixir
I want to drown all my misery
Into the green trolls blood
And brown swamp drink
Fight against diminishing time
Burden of a solitary warrior's life
Catcher of souls
hunter of spirits
Grant us the final frop of the life's elixir

Bring me a magic potion
it will heal my aching wounds
A taste so bitter that makes
my bleeding soul feel so good
It will make us sing and dance
in our endless feast
Or it might even unleash
the beast in me

- Ensiferum

Trully the only reason i Made it out of the gym sorta satsfied ... bad day, bad Mojo... Bad Everything... I gotta get my ass to the gym earlier when i have energy to kill it...

Warmups

stretches 5min

Pridiga Warmups x5 a piece

245x3
275x3
315x4
335x3x3x4x4

I got revved up at the end but alas i couldnt get a 5 rep ... i was wiped and I kno Exactly why... and I will say this once and never again... This shit wont Fly and It will not happen again