PDA

View Full Version : Cut the Fu$k Up and TRAIN! Push me Brothers!

Ardent
02-03-10, 12:59 am
SO there it is, bros fuckin push me i need it! Iv never been at %10 BF or below and its time. Iv had my go at the Anabolic diet but didn’t do much calorie counting im slowly losing body fat but not much but i continue to pile on muscle mass. in 2 months iv only lost 1 inch on my waist but at the same time put over an inch on my biceps and slabed on mass every where else. for whatever reason amss comes easy to me but i have trouble shredding . . . .so here it is im gonna write my diet and training as well as i can here with some thoughts and i neeed YOU to hold me accountable. No one around me gets it but you do. Big is not enough, shredded, feathered, vascular, dry and hard is where i want to be.
Please critique my diet and training any advice is appreciated, im counting on you guys to do it.

And now i begin.
Starting stats: 5'9/ 204 pounds/ 14.7% BF. Goal get 10 or below to start, eventually have a go at competition.
ill start at 2000 calories for the first 2 weeks and see how eight drops if its moving to slow ill lower it to 1800 and so on until im droping 1-2 pounds per week. Its high fat high protein low carbs (less than 30) mon-fri. Saturdays carb up and sundays back on the anabolic grind.
Training: cardio 6 days a week min of 30 minutes, double cardio at least 3 times per week. Intense weight training 4-5 days per week depending on split. 14-16 sets big muscles 10-16 smaller muscles. rep ranges betweeen 10-15 for strength maintence, hypertrophy, and all around developement. occasionally hit 15-20 for 1-2 weeks to shcok the body and burn some serious calories. at this point im hitting reps of 15/12/10/10/15. Pyrimid up and down make sure i hit it hard and deep.

here it is 2/2/10
Supplements: Animal Pak, Animal Omega, Chromimum, Alpha lipoic acid, Kre-Alkalyn, Glutamine, Milk thistle.
Diet:
Meal 1: 2 Eggs 1 tbl butter
meal 2: 1 cup ground turkey
Meal 3 1 cup ground turkey
Meal 4: 1 scoop whey 1 tbl olive oil
Meal 5: 8 oz steak whole bag of spinach
Meal 6: chicken breast.
off to a rocky start need to watch calories more closly.

Training: AM 30 min cardio ABS
Pm: 15 min cardio Chest/Biceps
Chest:
Hammer strength flat bench- 15/12/10/10
Flat dumbbell press- 12/10/10/10
Incline bench cable flys 15/12/12/10/15
Pullovers 10/10/10
Biceps:
Babell curls 15/12/10/10
Preacher curls 15/12/12/10
cable curls 15/12/12/15
tried to keep reps around 12ish and wnet up to 15 get that good pump and burn the calories.

I figure ill do 10-15 for the next 2-3 weeks then 10-12 for 2-3 weeks then again with 15-20 for a couple weeks then maybe even venture into some 3-6 power lifting . . . but will see iv never been much for PL but the time may be approaching. Always good to shock the body into growth.

Ardent
02-03-10, 1:56 am
Here are some pics of where im at now, as my journey of shred-dom continues so will the pics. No full fronts with the shirt off yet, not comfortable with where im at.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/animalj/

Ardent
02-03-10, 2:06 am
Couldn't edit post to add this: obviously calfs and forearms are my strong suite =D anyways need tp try and get some sleep.

C.Coronato
02-03-10, 9:44 am
Looks like you have a solid start my man, do you have a show in mind?

Ardent
02-03-10, 5:08 pm
Looks like you have a solid start my man, do you have a show in mind?

Thanks bro , I don't actually, iv never competed before. I'm thinking I could be ready to compete and give %110 in about a year. There's always more to learn and I know I have a lot of ground to cover before I feel I'm ready. I think id like to compete at around 202.
Question though at 204 pounds would u think 200 grams of protein as day would suffice for preserving muscle mass while cutting, alongv with glutamine and creatine? Any advice on diet or supplements from what I have written, mind u I'm on the anabolic diet. Any wisdom is much appreciated brother.

Firedrake
02-03-10, 9:28 pm
You're looking pretty lean for 14% -- If you really want to be PUSHED . . . maybe we can push each other. My cut for my July show starts right after the Arnold, and I'm closer to 20% right now.

Count me in!

Ardent
02-04-10, 3:57 pm
You're looking pretty lean for 14% -- If you really want to be PUSHED . . . maybe we can push each other. My cut for my July show starts right after the Arnold, and I'm closer to 20% right now.

Count me in!
Thank you brotha. I wanna be PUSHED i need someone to hold me accountable and push me to shred. When your ready to cut ill do the same for you. If your in im down for the cause! Cut, shredded, feathered, striated and lean, were in it to win it!
My posts will be full of questions so if anyone cares to bestow some of there wisdom upon me it is greatly appreciated should anyone read enough to find the questions within the posts =) Once again if anyone has any diet suggestions geared towards the anabolic diet or supplement, or even training advice im up for it. iv done the anabolic for 2 months now and its working great, keeping me dry but im not dropping fat quick enough. Ill go out on the limb and just assume tweaking the diet by dropping calories will do the trick. i keep putting on lean mass but im not shedding as much fat as id like, dont get me wrong i dont mind gaining muscle but for me the point of cutting is losing dramatic amounts of %BF and maintaing as much muscle mass and strength as possible.

On that not my thought of the day. THINK LESS, just do, just be. Be present be aware and live in the moment. I need to do more of this i think over thinking can be a big downfall for me anyways, thinking to much about diet, training life or what have you.
As my grandfather told me "There are thinkers and doers, the doers get things done and the thinkers only think about doing and never get anything done". What I got out of it Be a doer, dream your dreams, chase your dreams attain them and revel in them and when its time move to the next as we are creatures of constant growth and expansion.

Diet today
Meal 1: 1 egg 1 sausage patty (kept it light before cardio)
Meal 2 : 1 serving steak strip and 2 eggs with cheese
Meal 3: pre workout 1 scoop zero carb protein 1 tsp glutamine 1 tbls olive oil with omega 3.
Meal 4: 1 cup ground beef.
Thats all thus far.
Question. I know it is best to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach because glycogen is at its lowest but seeing as im on the anabolic diet and working off a fat metabolism at all times and have no stored glycogen does it make a difference? Of course this is after wednesday after my saturday cab load im sure i dont deplete glycogen until tues or wed.

Training
AM 20 min cardio eliptical
Legs
Heavy leg press 15/10/10/10/10
Fron Squat smith machine 10/10/10
Leg extensions 10/10/10 single leg 15
Seated Leg curls 10/10/10 single leg 15/15
Calf raises different foot positions numerous sets to warm up and burn out
Seated weighted calf raises 10/10/10/15

Off to do shoulders tonight. Usually i do 1 body part then the other but my schedule today today enables me to hit the gym twice and go with full intensity. Time is a luxury so when i have an abundance of it i take full advantage of it.

Firedrake
02-04-10, 4:31 pm
Just a couple of notes: What's your total in grams of protein each day?

Also: yes, first thing in the morning, fasted, will make a difference, even on keto. Especially after that carb-up day.

Ardent
02-05-10, 4:23 pm
Just a couple of notes: What's your total in grams of protein each day?

Also: yes, first thing in the morning, fasted, will make a difference, even on keto. Especially after that carb-up day.
Ill definitely keep that in mind for the morning cardio. As far as protein im having around 200 grams a day or so. I need to tweak the diet i know the anabolic should work faster for melting fat as compared to a balanced regular carb/protein fat diet but im just having trouble cuttin cals. . . I love to effin eat. I know i need to do something drastic like cycle between 1500/1600/1700 calories mon through fri on keto and carb load like a mofo on sat to get that big anabolic effect to maintain and gain the muscle but my problem is the calorie cut.
Im learning and as i learn i tweak the diet and training. The good thing is with all this nutrition, supplementation and training experimentation its been great for confusing the muscles and body and shocking it into growth. Constant change for me = constant growth in one way or another.

On that not started my carb load thursday night will finsih it today being friday and back to keto on sat. i firure rather than the mon-fri keto saturday carb load id change it up this week. worked out well for me though got to eat some good clean carb rich foods and an awesome shake to day.

Awesome carb load shake for me= Universal ultra whey 1 and half sccops, 2 servings whole milk, 1 tbls olive oil, 2 servings natuarl peanut butter and ice, BAM. was gonna add some oats to it but figured id its some very soon after.

Supplements daily have been Animal pak, animal omega, glutamine, chromium, alpha lipoic acid still.

Diet today will be clean carbs a small amounts of sugar high fat moderate protein.

On another note: I got the rings in from Kay jewelers ill be perposing to my girlfriend this week, she knows its coming because she picked out her ring with me she just doesnt know when =) Im stoked.

Ardent
02-07-10, 4:00 pm
took the weekend off from training had a good carb load. . . i'm anxious to get to the gym tomorrow and beat up the chest and bi's.

Firedrake
02-07-10, 6:06 pm
I'll be honest -- I don't think you're getting enough protein for all the work you're doing, and I would alter the ratio somewhat to around 1.5g of protein per pound of lean bodyweight.

Ardent
02-11-10, 3:37 pm
I'll be honest -- I don't think you're getting enough protein for all the work you're doing, and I would alter the ratio somewhat to around 1.5g of protein per pound of lean bodyweight.

Dually noted good sir. Im effin slackin im training hard but diet is slackin. Once again fat has droped very little but still muscle continues to grow. Iv uped my protein and its makin me grow like a well fed beef cattle haha. As in the last 2 months of trying this and being on the anabolic diet iv gone from 200 at %14.7 to 206 at %14 As they say " aint nuthin to it but to do it"

Firedrake
02-11-10, 3:41 pm
Nice -- good gains. I put on 25 lbs. during the first "Iron Contest", and 20 lbs. of that was lean muscle. It feels good, doesn't it?

Ardent
02-11-10, 4:08 pm
Nice -- good gains. I put on 25 lbs. during the first "Iron Contest", and 20 lbs. of that was lean muscle. It feels good, doesn't it?

indeed it does good sir, i would just like to get below that %10 mark and get those abs chopped and ripped with veins runnin up the abdomen haha what a sight it would be!

Firedrake
02-11-10, 4:10 pm
indeed it does good sir, i would just like to get below that %10 mark and get those abs chopped and ripped with veins runnin up the abdomen haha what a sight it would be!

You 'n me both. I'm at about 18% right now, and I need to be 4-5% by July 24th.

OPSNORM
02-22-10, 5:05 pm
hey bro, deerfield beach animal here. starting a cut to. i am 6'2" 280 right now. still playing around with the diet but i am curious to find out more about yours.where do you lift?
been doing 1 cup oats and 8 egg whites for breakfast 1 cup oats and 8 oz tilapia for meal 2 and the rest of the meals are just 80 chicken or tilapia. curious to see how your diet works. i have size but i also am cursed with moms genetics and hold all my fat as a tire around my gut. tired of seeing that and want to bust out the big guns and see whats hiding under these layers. hit me up! Rob