PDA

View Full Version : New to Animal. Fast question.

Ancher
02-03-10, 9:07 am
Hello,
Glad to say I finally received my first shipment of Animal pak and stak.

Heres my question.
Today is my rest day. Should I go ahead and start the stack today? Wait till I train tomorrow? Or start fresh at the beginning of the week?

Thanks for reading

ghost
02-03-10, 9:09 am
Hello,
Glad to say I finally received my first shipment of Animal pak and stak.

Heres my question.
Today is my rest day. Should I go ahead and start the stack today? Wait till I train tomorrow? Or start fresh at the beginning of the week?

Thanks for reading

Glad to have you on the boards, some background intel will help us with when you should be taking it....
How old are you, what is your current training routine, and your current diet?

Ancher
02-03-10, 9:26 am
28 y/o

I train M,T,T,F
Monday - Shoulders and Triceps
Tuesday - Back
Thursday - Chest and Biceps
Friday - Legs

I follow that up with an ab routien on tues and thrus.
Afterward I do cardio for 45 min, then 15 min cool down.

Diet
7am 2 servings protien(50g) 3 eggs
10am 1s protien 25g, 1s mixed nuts
12pm 1s protien, 2s mixed nuts,
3pm 1s protien, 1s nuts
6pm (Afterworkout) 2s protien
8pm Bigmeal- I usually get upwards of 1500cals with this meal. Usually 1lb of meat, 2 slices of some type of cheese, Green veggies

I am currently cutting

ghost
02-03-10, 9:28 am
you can start the Stak today if you want with any one of your meals. Pak take first thing upon waking. on workout days take stak 1/2 hr to 45 minutes pre-workout.

ironshaolin
02-03-10, 11:35 am
Dude, thats a wierd diet. Where did you come up with that? It looks like you're just taking in shakes all day, and only having 1 meal a day.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I'm following the warrior diet and do something similar, just wondering why you take 5 shakes and 1 meal.

Ancher
02-03-10, 12:03 pm
Dude, thats a wierd diet. Where did you come up with that? It looks like you're just taking in shakes all day, and only having 1 meal a day.

Not saying there's anything wrong with that, I'm following the warrior diet and do something similar, just wondering why you take 5 shakes and 1 meal.

Its a modified protein pulse diet. I get the majority of my protein at dinner after my workout instead of the pulse at lunch. Why so many shakes? Mostly convince, I leave home 5am and dont get back until 7pm. I never go out to eat during the week, hate packing my lunch, and almost despise canned tuna.

ghost
02-03-10, 1:15 pm
Its a modified protein pulse diet. I get the majority of my protein at dinner after my workout instead of the pulse at lunch. Why so many shakes? Mostly convince, I leave home 5am and dont get back until 7pm. I never go out to eat during the week, hate packing my lunch, and almost despise canned tuna.

start to pack your lunch... and start liking other foods... a 90% liquid diet is not that good for you.

fenix237
02-03-10, 1:32 pm
Diet
7am 2 servings protien(50g) 3 eggs
10am 1s protien 25g, 1s mixed nuts
12pm 1s protien, 2s mixed nuts,
3pm 1s protien, 1s nuts
6pm (Afterworkout) 2s protien
8pm Bigmeal- I usually get upwards of 1500cals with this meal. Usually 1lb of meat, 2 slices of some type of cheese, Green veggies

I am currently cutting

^^^this looks like a keto diet to me- @300g of protein, @100+ g/fat, no carbs at all

if this is the style diet you are looking to follow, you need to add some more greens (spinach is the best) for fiber and to balance out a high meat diet. consider taking some Metamucil too to keep the pipes clean

i would recommend adding some EVOO into your salads. some Omega 3 fish oils are always good as well.

go to the "Ask the Pro's" section, and find "Ox's Stable"...LOTS of great info about KETO diets straight from the man himself (Evan Centopani)- these diets need to be followed strictly for best results

* btw, you really need to get in the habit of bringing your food with you- if your diet is not on point, the best supps and training routines will NOT get you where you want to go- the others here will attest to that- it's the reality in this game - MM

EMAWkat
02-03-10, 3:51 pm
Quick question about leg workouts, about a year ago i was in a pretty bad car wreck and broke my femur, after serious months of rehab I want to get back to the gym, I was going pretty hard at it before the wreck, before the wreck I weighed 215, now I'm about 230 but mainly from not doing anything, good thing is that I am fully healed from the wreck, so any suggestions would help in getting my strength and muscle back in my legs, I don't think I would have any problems with the upper body, I just don't want to over do the workouts with legs. Thanks.

Ancher
02-04-10, 8:44 am
Thanks for reading and all the awesome responses. Ive been readin Ox threads for hours now. Very cool stuff.

Brought my lunch today. Going to attempt to form a habit.

ghost
02-04-10, 8:47 am
Thanks for reading and all the awesome responses. Ive been readin Ox threads for hours now. Very cool stuff.

Brought my lunch today. Going to attempt to form a habit.

"attempt"? dont attempt. just do it.

xman
02-04-10, 6:30 pm
wow good stuff . thats a lot of shakes! but hell why not