PDA

View Full Version : All Confused

Vinny G
02-05-10, 10:24 pm
i been experimenting a little lately with NOT following a routine.

we hear about the confusion principle as to always change our routine and work load in the gym, so our muscles keep responding.

here is an example of another way to confuse your muscles.

ok its leg day:

warm up real good -

leg ext - set the stack that you know you can just about get 12 reps, do your set and only wait about 20 seconds and get back in there and get as many as you can.

leg curl - do them the same as above.

squats - set the bar with weight that you can get 12-15, do your set, then move onto...

leg press - set it up to do 20 wide stance reps, do your set then move onto...

leg ext - same as above, do your set then move onto....

squats superset with leg curls - same as above, do your set then move onto....

dumbbell walking lunges - then move onto....

leg press - same as above but with a narrow low foot placement, then move onto...

hack squats - set it to do 12 reps and superset it with dumbbell walking lunges, then move onto....

leg curls - same as above, then move onto...

leg ext - same as above....then finish it off with.....

leg press for 20 reps....feet placement a little higher this time.

take your normal 1-2 min break between sets.

its something different and you wont get bored.

you will get a huge pump.

basically just move to what ever equipment is available, thats what i did.

in total it's 12 sets of destroying your legs....dont mock it till ya try it.

Ardent
02-05-10, 10:28 pm
i been experimenting a little lately with NOT following a routine.

we hear about the confusion principle as to always change our routine and work load in the gym, so our muscles keep responding.

here is an example of another way to confuse your muscles.

ok its leg day:

warm up real good -

leg ext - set the stack that you know you can just about get 12 reps, do your set and only wait about 20 seconds and get back in there and get as many as you can.

leg curl - do them the same as above.

squats - set the bar with weight that you can get 12-15, do your set, then move onto...

leg press - set it up to do 20 wide stance reps, do your set then move onto...

leg ext - same as above, do your set then move onto....

squats superset with leg curls - same as above, do your set then move onto....

dumbbell walking lunges - then move onto....

leg press - same as above but with a narrow low foot placement, then move onto...

hack squats - set it to do 12 reps and superset it with dumbbell walking lunges, then move onto....

leg curls - same as above, then move onto...

leg ext - same as above....then finish it off with.....

leg press for 20 reps....feet placement a little higher this time.

take your normal 1-2 min break between sets.

its something different and you wont get bored.

you will get a huge pump.

basically just move to what ever equipment is available, that what i did.

in total it's 12 sets of destroying your legs....dont mock it till ya try it.

I like it, I see change as growth. As in everyday life when one leaves there comfort zone they experience growth in one way or another in most cases. Looks like a leg day of burning and pump.

MrMonday
02-05-10, 11:14 pm
Personally my muscles don't grow from being "confused", they grow from pressing/pulling an extra 10lbs this workout than they did last workout.

Ardent
02-06-10, 9:48 am
Personally my muscles don't grow from being "confused", they grow from pressing/pulling an extra 10lbs this workout than they did last workout.

There's logic in that. some people require more weight than others to stimulate fiber and grow. . . . whatever works for you.

NaturalTrainee
02-06-10, 9:59 am
Those extra 10 lb are a kind of confusion if you think about it. You change one of the most fundamental things in your training: the weight you're using.

Deathride
02-06-10, 2:35 pm
I'm a fan of these changeup weeks. Run an increasing weight regime, then every 3-4 weeks nail a high rep workout (like the deload weeks in powerlifting regimes) and your muscles won't know what hit them. Try a solid 60 minutes of pushups (narrow / normal / wide / on rolling dumbbells to simulate flies)....