PDA

View Full Version : Bison steak medallion stir-fry w/ Asian veggies

Girevik 69
02-06-10, 10:59 am
Nothing gets me in touch with my Inner Hunter-Warrior, like bison. Here's what you'll need:

2 six-ounce bison steak medallions, sliced into small pieces.

Fresh or frozen Asian vegetables of your choice: I prefer bok choy or napa, as well as snow peas and water chestnuts. Other veggies are fine too--eg., broccoli, carrots, mushrooms of various kinds, etc. Be creative.

2 cups of brown rice.

SAN~J Japanese Steak sauce

Sesame oil (optional)

This dish can be made either in a wok (a traditional hand-hammered type will work best), or in a regular skillet (preferably cast iron) for the meat, and a health steamer for the veggies. If you're using a wok, you'll need to use fresh veggies.

Cook the brown rice (I prefer the Uncle Ben's instant stuff), and set aside.

If using a wok:

Pre-heat wok and add cooking oil. Cook bison until it changes color, and then pull the meat up to the side. Add 1 cup of water, place veggies along the side of the wok, cover, and steam for about 5 minutes. Remove excess water, and return the meat and veggies to the bottom and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes.

If using a skillet:

Coat skillet with PAM spray. Cook bison until it changes color. Steam veggies in health steamer. Combine meat and veggies.

Then, combine the meat & veggies with the rice, and season with SAN~J Japanese steak sauce to taste. A few drops of sesame oil may be added, if desired--it provides a nice, smokey flavor.

The ratios of meat, veggies, and rice can be altered for your specific nutritional needs.

Enjoy!

mritter3
02-06-10, 11:00 am
i like it, love me some steak stir fry....good stuff man.

Girevik 69
02-06-10, 11:57 am
i like it, love me some steak stir fry....good stuff man.

I tend to crave red meat... I've never had my blood type checked, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was Type O...