PDA

View Full Version : Ace's Journey to the Beau Moore Classic

TigerAce01
02-06-10, 12:31 pm
Hey brothers, this will be my journey for the next 8 weeks as I run 5/3/1 in preparation for my first powerlifting meet, the Beau Moore Classic by RAW United on April 10th.

Let's see what it brings...

-Ace

BryanSmash!
02-06-10, 1:13 pm
Git r done Ace!

Necromatrix
02-06-10, 1:15 pm
Subbed!

TigerAce01
02-10-10, 6:31 pm
Horrible workout tonight, I'm not even posting it. It's been a terrible past few days, and I thought it wouldn't affect me, but tonight was the worst workout I've had since I can remember. For starters, I had food poisoning on friday and saturday...any food that went down came up or shot out...then sunday and monday I didn't eat nearly enough because I needed to ease my body back into eating. Then on tuesday, I sustained a pretty bad rib/side injury, with a large spot on my upper side that is black and blue (I might get it checked after feeling as bad of a pain as I did), and a chunk of skin missing on the lower end of my side (pics posted below). I didn't expect any of it to bother me as much as it did...my energy levels were basically zero, and I tried to wear a belt, but intense pain shot throughout my ribs when I pushed my obliques out. I'm going to take the rest of the week off, try to get my diet back in order, then start fresh on monday.

Pics of the ribs : http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/TigerAce08/brokenrib.jpg

-Ace

J Wong
02-10-10, 10:37 pm
Hope this week is a good recovery week, then next week you can start the prep strong. Can't wait to share the platform with you in 2 months!

TigerAce01
02-10-10, 10:39 pm
Hope this week is a good recovery week, then next week you can start the prep strong. Can't wait to share the platform with you in 2 months!

Same here boom! I'm motivated as hell, but sometimes shit happens...at least it's early enough right now that it won't throw anything off. I really want my 1st meet to be an event I can remember and look back on in pride.

-Ace

widdlewade44
02-10-10, 10:42 pm
Well good luck Ace even if tonight's workout wasn't what was expected. One day at a time and I'm happy to follow along brother, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

TigerAce01
02-10-10, 10:51 pm
Well good luck Ace even if tonight's workout wasn't what was expected. One day at a time and I'm happy to follow along brother, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

Thank you so much widdlewade. You guys keep me accountable, and there's nothing more motivating than that. We'll get to April 10th together...

-Ace

T o m m Y
02-15-10, 4:18 pm
Awsome!

Subbed for this one..

TigerAce01
02-15-10, 6:40 pm
So, instead of padding my ego and missing reps, I lowered my 1RM from 375 to 350 because I felt the weights were a bit too heavy from last week. I am running two cycles, so I can raise the weight for the 2nd. The program is very deceiving, and is a lot more intense than I suspected. Overall, it went very well today.

Warmup - bike, stretching

Squats - warmups

235lbs x 5

250lbs x 5

265lbs x 5

Assistance Work :

Squats - 155lbs x 10, x 10, x 10

Leg Curls - 60lbs x 10, x 10, x 10

Cooldown - stretching, abs, back ext

-Ace

BryanSmash!
02-15-10, 6:42 pm
Nice work Ace, it's better to start conservative IMO, it'll only help in the long run.

TigerAce01
02-15-10, 6:46 pm
Nice work Ace, it's better to start conservative IMO, it'll only help in the long run.

Exactly, I have 9 weeks until the meet...that's plenty of time to get stronger and raise the weights. It's actually really odd for me to do 5 reps...I rarely ever get into that range, it's usually either high reps (10+) or low reps (3-), so my body is having trouble adjusting.

-Ace

T o m m Y
02-15-10, 7:09 pm
Nice first day of the program bro..
Good idea on lowering the weight..

TigerAce01
02-15-10, 8:24 pm
Nice first day of the program bro..
Good idea on lowering the weight..

Thanks brother...leave your ego at the door!

-Ace

J Wong
02-15-10, 9:26 pm
Were you only capable of doing 5 reps on your last set of squats or did you just stop there?

TigerAce01
02-15-10, 9:48 pm
Were you only capable of doing 5 reps on your last set of squats or did you just stop there?

That was it, it was tough. I don't know what happened, but the power in my legs just doesn't feel the same as a few weeks ago...

-Ace

T o m m Y
02-15-10, 9:50 pm
That was it, it was tough. I don't know what happened, but the power in my legs just doesn't feel the same as a few weeks ago...

-Ace

Same shit happened to me..

sunny_max
02-20-10, 6:39 am
late but subbed...haha

J Wong
02-23-10, 6:52 pm
Where have you been?!

And have you thought about going to the ABC this weekend?