PDA

View Full Version : Is my Animal Stack the cause of my midsection issue?

akagino
02-10-10, 8:50 am
Since taking Animal Pak, M-Stak, Stak and Cut (i'm staking them), I've noticed that not only am I getting slightly bigger - *slightly* - but at the same time I'm picking up weight/water retention/softness around my midsection. I've been on the supps for almost two weeks (Cuts for a few days). I weigh 169 pounds, and I'm 30 years old.

My diet since taking the above supplements is:

Wake up: two scoops of whey protein shake, Animal Pak, Cuts

Breakfast: Cereal (45g carbs) with skim milk and one scoop whey protein

Before gym (I gym at 09h30): one scoop of whey protein; Animal Stak

Gym

ON Vassive C5 and two scoops of whey protein

Lunch: chicken (30g protein) with 2 mulitgrain wraps; whey protein shake; Cuts and M-Stak

Mid afternoon: Two scoops of BSN Syntha6 protein shake

Sometimes I'll have another snacl late afternoon: 1 oe 2 scoops BSN Syntha6 protein shake or a tub of cottage cheese

Dinner: chicken (35g protein) with veg

Before sleep: two scoops cassein protein

I do weights 4 times a week too, and aside from pre lunch meals I time my food and shake intake every 2-3 hours.

Could these supps be causing this mid section issues or is it my diet? Should I cut back on some calories? My aim is to get defined while adding some lean mass. And for the life of me I can't issolate which supplement could be causing the "wabble".

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

naturalguy
02-10-10, 9:11 am
Stak wouldn't cause that but you are taking in a ton of protein powder. Where is the whole foods?

Fury317
02-10-10, 9:31 am
Stak wouldn't cause that but you are taking in a ton of protein powder. Where is the whole foods?

That's the first thing I saw too. Too many liquid meals. You are naturally going to hold a lot more water if youre drinking your meals instead of eating them, in addition to the water you should be drinking. Swap some shakes for some fish, chicken, beef, or eggs and youll see the midsection tighten up A BIT. It probably wont be drastic but it should help.

Also, just a little extra info- the bio availability of protein shakes is far less than real whole food, so you'll get more "bang for your buck" by just eating, and it'll probably be cheaper too! Good luck man.

mritter3
02-10-10, 9:34 am
ya man stak wouldnt cause any of those midsection issues it would help it...why are you taking mstack with cuts?...and you do have a lot of protein powder...whole foods for sure man...and dont forget to not mention any other supp companies products on this forum..just say protein powder or what type of supp it is without posting the name

akagino
02-10-10, 9:53 am
That's the first thing I saw too. Too many liquid meals. You are naturally going to hold a lot more water if youre drinking your meals instead of eating them, in addition to the water you should be drinking. Swap some shakes for some fish, chicken, beef, or eggs and youll see the midsection tighten up A BIT. It probably wont be drastic but it should help.

Also, just a little extra info- the bio availability of protein shakes is far less than real whole food, so you'll get more "bang for your buck" by just eating, and it'll probably be cheaper too! Good luck man.

Thanks for the reply. So would this be more appropriate? Also you mentioned A BIT. So could there be a relation to the suppls then?

Wake up (06h30): ONE scoops of whey protein shake, Animal Pak, Cuts

Breakfast (07h30: Cereal (45g carbs) with skim milk. NO WHEY ADDED.

Before gym (09h00 - I gym at 09h30): one scoop of whey protein; Animal Stak

Gym

Creatine and two scoops of whey protein (10H45)

Lunch: chicken (30g protein) with 2 mulitgrain wraps; Cuts and M-Stak

Mid afternoon: ONE scoop of protein shake

Sometimes I'll have another snack late afternoon: tub of cottage cheese

Dinner: chicken (35g protein) with veg

Before sleep: ONE scoop cassein protein

akagino
02-10-10, 9:55 am
ya man stak wouldnt cause any of those midsection issues it would help it...

So it's got to be the extra cals from the extra shakes then?

why are you taking mstack with cuts?.

I want to add lean muscle (m stak) but because of the mid section issue i want to get rid of this midsection water/fat/whatever it is. my thinking is m stak alone would just worsen the issue, or not make it go awat.

and dont forget to not mention any other supp companies products on this forum..just say protein powder or what type of supp it is without posting the name

Sorry, didn't know i couldn't/shouldn't.

mritter3
02-10-10, 10:02 am
its all good man, but i would def. say that its due to the extra cals...i would slow down on the protein powder and get more whole foods, eat more protein and healthy fats and limit the carbs and you will be fine.

akagino
02-10-10, 10:20 am
its all good man, but i would def. say that its due to the extra cals...i would slow down on the protein powder and get more whole foods, eat more protein and healthy fats and limit the carbs and you will be fine.

Could I ask you to please check my reply above at 02-10-10, 9:53 am and if that's a more appropriate diet? I've cut back on some of the shakes (scoops). Or it that still too much?

I'm so annoyed with myself for upping them since taking the supps thinking it would do me good when instead it's counterproductive...

mritter3
02-10-10, 10:27 am
Could I ask you to please check my reply above at 02-10-10, 9:53 am and if that's a more appropriate diet? I've cut back on some of the shakes (scoops). Or it that still too much?

I'm so annoyed with myself for upping them since taking the supps thinking it would do me good when instead it's counterproductive...

ok..its better but this is optimal...

meal one--4-6 whole eggs, cup of oats
meal 2--pre workout...have your shake
meal 3..pwo have your shake with creatine
meal 4--chicken with veggies and wrap is cool
meal 5--beef/fish/chicken, veggies, yam
meal 6--snack
meal 7--casein shake before bed

akagino
02-10-10, 10:38 am
ok..its better but this is optimal...

meal one--4-6 whole eggs, cup of oats
meal 2--pre workout...have your shake
meal 3..pwo have your shake with creatine
meal 4--chicken with veggies and wrap is cool
meal 5--beef/fish/chicken, veggies, yam
meal 6--snack
meal 7--casein shake before bed

Rockstar. Let me give this a try and see if it works! Thanks.

mritter3
02-10-10, 10:50 am
Rockstar. Let me give this a try and see if it works! Thanks.

no problem man...hope it works for ya.

Aggression
02-10-10, 12:27 pm
Could these supps be causing this mid section issues or is it my diet? Should I cut back on some calories? My aim is to get defined while adding some lean mass. And for the life of me I can't issolate which supplement could be causing the "wabble".

Its 100% your diet that is causing the issues. Drop those protein shakes. You should be having a shake postWO and maybe another before bed. Other than that, rely on whole foods throughout the day. You'll be amazed at how your physique changes one you start eating more whole food.

akagino
02-10-10, 3:14 pm
Its 100% your diet that is causing the issues. Drop those protein shakes. You should be having a shake postWO and maybe another before bed. Other than that, rely on whole foods throughout the day. You'll be amazed at how your physique changes one you start eating more whole food.

Thanks for the feedback. Will give the while food thing a try and report back if it's working.