PDA

View Full Version : Why are you reading this?

twoheadedboy
02-10-10, 11:42 pm
You shouldn't be, because right now someone is at the gym lifting more than you. Someone is taking an extra lap around the track. Someone is putting an extra pair on the bar. Someone is making sure that what goes down must come up in the squat rack. Bottom line is, if you are reading this, someone somewhere is working harder than you right now. If you want to achieve more you have to outwork the other guy, and if you want to maintain what you have then you have to outwork the guy who wants what you have. You get 16 hours in a day, 365 days in a year, to make the most out of everything that you do in your life. If reading this post and this forum right now is a part of that, then great, but if not...someone else is outworking you right now.

GJN5002
02-10-10, 11:45 pm
I have to disagree. Its 11:36 p.m and I already worked out and did cardio. Now is the time for relaxation, sleep and growth. But I get your point.........

twoheadedboy
02-10-10, 11:53 pm
Covered at the end dude. I'm in the same boat as you - I'm done with my gym time. If you're done with your gym time, and your eating is where it needs to be, and your food is prepared or at least planned for tomorrow, and the time spent here is not preventing you from getting the necessary sleep to recover and start again tomorrow, then great. If not, you're not maximizing your potential.

It's a paraphrase and expansion of something said about Kobe Bryant. There are few, if any, who outwork Kobe Bryant (no matter what you might think of the person), and it's that work ethic that allows him to match up with the younger, bigger, stronger, and more talented LeBron James amongst others. LeBron figured out when they played together for Team USA that he was being outworked and stepped up his offseason program, but he just does not have the same ferocious mentality that Kobe does. If any NBA player would fit in the Animal world, it's Kobe.

dedsqtbnch
02-11-10, 12:00 am
the only time i have time to get on is after my last whole meal and befor my last protien shake of the day so its true though and every one needs to be on the same boat nomatter what