PDA

View Full Version : Getting Into The Game

Pages : [1] 2

Wingman
02-12-10, 3:21 pm
Hey guys i am 17 turning 18 soon and I have just recently got into the game this summer when i started i weighed 190 and had 20% BF now im at 155 and prolly 8% BF maybe lower...My goals are to start bodybuilding, but idk if i want to do it competitively or not. Health is a big part of my life so i know wat i need to be eating...The main thing i am looking for is workout plans thata work and jus solid advice and suggestions. I would like to work my way up to 185 but solid muscle. So any suggestions and advice are very much appreciated

sodapop
02-12-10, 3:50 pm
What routine did you use when you were cutting?

For a bulking phase, I would recommend something like Bill Starr's 5x5 or Rip's Starting Strength. Google 'em and check 'em out.

Wingman
02-12-10, 4:06 pm
Haha well since i played soccer getting up at 7 in the morning for a month staright and doing 45 mins of cardio that early will cut you up and i used P90X it works wonders man keeps u strong

Birdman
02-12-10, 4:11 pm
Have you looked at any of the articles in the Training section of the site? Tons of good info..take a look at Schak's series he wrote..

ARMory, Vol. 1
Back to Basics, Vol. 2
Bigger Wheels, Vol. 3
Howmuchyabench? Vol. 4
Shoulders 101, Vol. 5

Wingman
02-12-10, 4:22 pm
thanks alot bird i definetly will but gotta go help at my skewl so i will tomoro or tonite thanks alot man

Wingman
02-12-10, 11:30 pm
Where is the Arnold in ohio haha i live here but i forget where its at?

Birdman
02-13-10, 2:19 am
Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, OH March 5,6,7

Wingman
02-13-10, 9:20 am
Bird u about to be there?

Birdman
02-13-10, 12:54 pm
you know it bro

Wingman
02-13-10, 12:59 pm
sweet man so wat program r u doin rite now like lifts and shit?

Birdman
02-13-10, 1:02 pm
Mon-Chest
Tues-Back
Wed-Shoulders
Thurs-off
Friday-Legs
Sat-Arms
Sun-off

Wingman
02-13-10, 1:06 pm
u bulkin or cuttin?

Birdman
02-13-10, 1:07 pm
bulkin for sure...what are you goin for

Wingman
02-13-10, 1:13 pm
hahaha well if i cut at 160 i wouldnt be strong so def bulkin lookin to be 185 by summer of solid lean mass

Birdman
02-13-10, 1:19 pm
nice man its good to set goals like that, helps you push harder, im shootin for 210 by early fall

Wingman
02-13-10, 1:25 pm
what u at now? and wat r some ur one rep maxs?

Birdman
02-13-10, 1:32 pm
im sittin at 188 right now, 6' 1". not sure on one rep max im more into bodybuilding than powerlifting. But bench is 255x6 squat is 365x6 and deadlift is 435x4

Wingman
02-13-10, 1:33 pm
holy shit! thats insane man 255x6 and ur only 188 god dam

r u on any supps?

Wingman
02-13-10, 4:59 pm
Here is a workout i jus made...if anyone has any feedbak or ideas or suggestions or comments please post thank you
Chest-Monday
Flat Press5x5
Weighted Dips 2x6
Incline Fly 3x12
Decline DB Press 3x10
Weighted Dips 2x6
Med Ball Pushups 3xMax
Abs 1(The ab routines will be posted at the end)

Tuesday-Legs
Squat 5x5
Lunges 4x10
Claf Raises 4x15
Leg Ext. 3x12
Leg curl 3x10

Wednesday-Shoulders
Military Press 5x5
Shrugs 5x5
Clean and Press 3x6(I think these reps and sets need to change i just dont to what)
Bent over Raise 3x10
Side raise 3x12
Upright Row 4x10
Abs 2

Thrusday-Back
Deadlift 5x5
Weighted Pullups 2x6
Barbell Row 3x10
Lat Pulldowns 4x12
Wide pullups to max
Close Grip Weighted pullups 2x6

Friday-Arms
Close Grip Bench 5x5
BB curls 4x10
Incline Hammer Curls 3x12
Concentration Curl 3x12(this is the one alternative to preachers i thought of if there is something better just lemme know...i thought about DB preachers on a stability ball)
Pushdowns 3x12
Skullcrushers 4x10
Abs 1

Abs1-Incline weighted Crunch 3x15
Side Bends 3x10
Weighted sit ups 3x15

Abs2-Leg Lifts 3x15
Cable Crunch 3x10
Ab Roller 1 set in all directions

I also hav heavy hand grippers for 150 250 and 350 pounds i do them about 3 times a week
so any changes u feel are necessary lemme kno

Wingman
02-13-10, 6:01 pm
bump....anyone wanna giv me any suggestions for my workout?

Wingman
02-13-10, 7:34 pm
bump...

Birdman
02-14-10, 9:19 pm
holy shit! thats insane man 255x6 and ur only 188 god dam

r u on any supps?
Yea i take Pak, Shock Therapy, Storm, Ultra Whey Pro, and Uni-liver. they help out alot

and as far as ur routine you posted goes on chest day i would thro incline bench in there, its a great mass builder and really shapes ur pecks. On leg day i like to do a few sets of extensions then go directly into leg press and then put squats last, your numbers will be down on you squat but it will be brutal. Just a couple of suggestions give em try and experiment with different things.
Good luck bro

Wingman
02-14-10, 10:03 pm
thanks bird ill try incline press like u suggested...but my legs are week cuz i pulled mt groin 2 years ago and havent really worked em since so i need to rebuild the basics first...where should i put in the inclines?

Wingman
02-15-10, 12:10 am
another question bird...wat hav u heard bout casein do u recomend it?

Birdman
02-15-10, 1:35 pm
as far as incline goes, i like to switch it up every week. One week ill do incline first then flat and the next week ill do flat then incline.
Casein is a protein found in milk and most other dairy products such as cottage cheese. Casein is digested much slower than whey and therefor is less desirable as a pre or post workout supplement. It is however, more favorable throughout the day and especially in the evening. It gives a sort of time released effect.

Wingman
02-15-10, 3:22 pm
Thanks Bird

Here is my chest workout for today

Flat bench 145x5, 145x5,145x5,150x5,155x5
Weighted dips 10lbsx6,15x4,15x5
Incline Fly 25x12,25x12,30x12
Decline DB Press 45x10
Explosive Box Pushups:16,17,16
And some ab work

I felt really good today on bench i felt i could hav gotten 165x5 but its a new program so i figured i would stay where i was.
I lifted at a new gym with one of my friends and it was the best place ever good atmosphere

After we lifted Subway sounded goor so i downed a footlong turkey on wheat with double turkey alot of veggies and mayo and mustard.
I have a good feeling about this program

Wingman
02-15-10, 6:35 pm
quick question to any1 who mite kno...would it be bad for to do a 20 min jog about 5-7 hours before i squat or deadlift. becuz i like to run before school on some days. any advice will help thanks

OklahomaMuscle
02-16-10, 2:24 pm
the runs "may" have a negative effect on your workout strength but if you like it keep doing it. Lots of people do early morning cardio and then lift in the evenings, especially when trying to keep bodyfat under control. give it a few weeks and go from there. Remember EVERYTHING works to dome degree... Just give it all you got whenever your in the gym and then eat good solid foods as often as you can and at your age skies the limit my man...don't get hung up on details. Smash weights, and fill your plate, leave the rest to the "fitness guru's"

Wingman
02-16-10, 4:42 pm
haha sounds good to me man thanks

Wingman
02-16-10, 4:43 pm
Today was legs and after not working them for 2 years man did i feel it but im ready to come back strong

Here is how it went

Squat 5x5
Lunge 4x10
Calf Raise 4x15
Leg Ext 3x12
Leg Curl 3x10

Havent posted the weigths yet because i am just getting back into the grove

Wingman
02-17-10, 9:50 pm
Had shoulders today felt real goin in

Shrugs 185x10, 185x10, 205x10, 225x10, 225x10 (struggled on last set felt it)
Military Press 100x5,100x5,110x5,110x5,120x5
Bentover Raise 25sx10, 30sx10, 30sx10
Side Raise 15sx12, 25sx8, 25sx8
Upright Row 75x10,75x10,75x10, 85x6
ANd some good ab work.

that last set of rows killed came home got in 12 oz chicken a potato and some cottage cheese. New gym is makin me feel even stonger so im definetly lookin forward to the next 11 weeks. put on 3 lbs. so far since last week.

Birdman
02-17-10, 11:50 pm
there ya go bro..tip that scale

Wingman
02-18-10, 5:59 pm
hahaha it aint much man but im doin wat i can

Wingman
02-18-10, 10:51 pm
Had back today and workout was fairly decent headin in tomoro for arms...hopin to have an awesome day. Any tips on fatloss while bulking?

Birdman
02-19-10, 12:24 am
Had back today and workout was fairly decent headin in tomoro for arms...hopin to have an awesome day. Any tips on fatloss while bulking?

fat loss and bulking dont usually go together. all i can tell ya is to do cardio on top of your workouts to try and burn some off

smoothballer
02-19-10, 9:36 am

It is possible to lose fat while bulking. We normally call this a clean bulk. It is mostly chicken, yams, brown rice, eggs, oats...stuff like that. Right now I am doing no cardio on my clean bulk. So far it looks like I am leaning out a little. I will do a BF% check in a month or 2.

Wingman
02-19-10, 6:10 pm
Thanks Bird and SB those tips will definetly help me out

sodapop
02-20-10, 12:26 am
Solid work and eating bro.

Wingman
02-23-10, 6:42 pm
Thanks soda,

Well yesterday was a great bench day but i got a little distracted with some thoughts towards the end. But Today i definetly feel it.

Today was leg day and I cannot seem to get motivated to work them at all. I know i need to but i have not worked them at all since i started lifting. I can bench prolly more than i can squat and i know thats bad....Any tips for strengthening them or any workout I might be able to follow

Birdman
02-23-10, 6:49 pm
the first couple days, hell first couple weeks will be horrible and nothing short of painful. But after you make it past that intro period ur good as gold bro. Youll crave that massive quad pump.

Wingman
02-23-10, 7:04 pm
Thanks Bird would it be better to do 5x5 on squat or 5x10?

Birdman
02-23-10, 7:24 pm
start with higher reps such as the 5x10 in order to get the motion and form...plus if you go with a weight that only allows 5 reps you will regret it the next day lol start light and strict

Wingman
02-23-10, 7:37 pm
Thanks alot man, so wat is ur workout looking like?

Birdman
02-23-10, 7:41 pm
Well, right now im limited to strictly legs and abs. Fucked up my finger pretty good. All upper body is outta commission for at least a month probably more.

strivin for more
02-23-10, 8:03 pm
Well, right now im limited to strictly legs and abs. Fucked up my finger pretty good. All upper body is outta commission for at least a month probably more.

could be a blessing in disguise though man, now you can focus on legs (you said a few posts ago you hadnt hit them in years) what program are you on?

Wingman
02-23-10, 8:04 pm
dam man that sucks im sittin at a pretty solid 165 right now and i put up 165x5 yesterday but i prolly coulda pumped out one more but i had 5x5 so i didnt force it...i feel so good when i walk in the gym haha kind of a natural high. but in december i was puttin up 165 once so i definetly see a difference

Birdman
02-23-10, 8:27 pm
could be a blessing in disguise though man, now you can focus on legs (you said a few posts ago you hadnt hit them in years) what program are you on?

Yea thats the way im taking the situation, and as far as me not working them out for years idk where you read it must not have been my post lol legs have always been one of my favorite days. And my program as of now is posted on my journey in my sig.

Wingman
02-23-10, 9:32 pm
yo rob it was me who said i havent worked legs lol

OklahomaMuscle
02-24-10, 10:18 am
If you want to do 10 reps per set on the squats I'd drop the number of sets. Especially since you are just starting to work out your legs. I'd stick with 5 reps a set,you're not trying to set a 5 reps max or anything you need to focus on GOOD reps, the weight is irrelevant for now, that will increase over time. By trying to go higher reps you run the risk of using bad form as you fatigue, not good. Thus the benefit of doing 5 sets of 5 reps and not 3 sets of 10-12. It's much easier to keep good form for 5 reps than it is for 10 reps especially when you're still building your foundational strength. Great job so far, and congrats on the weight gain.

smoothballer
02-24-10, 11:09 am
If you want to do 10 reps per set on the squats I'd drop the number of sets. Especially since you are just starting to work out your legs. I'd stick with 5 reps a set,you're not trying to set a 5 reps max or anything you need to focus on GOOD reps, the weight is irrelevant for now, that will increase over time. By trying to go higher reps you run the risk of using bad form as you fatigue, not good. Thus the benefit of doing 5 sets of 5 reps and not 3 sets of 10-12. It's much easier to keep good form for 5 reps than it is for 10 reps especially when you're still building your foundational strength. Great job so far, and congrats on the weight gain.

I completely agree. Drop the weight and focus on the technique. I am still working on my squat technique as well and I have to keep reminding myself to leave my ego at the door to make sure I do it right.

Wingman
02-24-10, 5:42 pm
thanks guys i think the best thing for me is to get 3 or 4 sets of 10 and go pretty light but idk what would be best.

Wingman
02-24-10, 8:06 pm
Hadd shoulders today...overall was a pretty good day.

Shrugs went up ten pounds and felt really good and got 10 strong solid reps of 235
Had to use dumbells for military and got 45's up for clean sets of 5
then some light work to close it all down

For shrugs is it ok if i invert my grip on one of my hands and switch it everytime?

Birdman
02-24-10, 10:07 pm
Hadd shoulders today...overall was a pretty good day.

Shrugs went up ten pounds and felt really good and got 10 strong solid reps of 235
Had to use dumbells for military and got 45's up for clean sets of 5
then some light work to close it all down

For shrugs is it ok if i invert my grip on one of my hands and switch it everytime?

when i use to go heavy before i had straps i would do one hand over and the other under and switch them with every set. but with my straps i can go alot heavier and really fry those traps

smoothballer
02-24-10, 10:11 pm
You can invert your grip, but it will obviously work each trap a little different because of how the muscle pulls. I would get some wrist straps or see if the gym has any...mine does. I use them on Shrugs when I go heavy. However, I don't use them on deadlifts because I want to strengthen my grip.

Wingman
02-24-10, 10:23 pm
i see well the gym i go to does but i lifted at skewl today so they dont...as for grip i reccomend heavy grip hand grippers i can now hold 205 like nothing when before i couldnt

Wingman
02-26-10, 10:55 am
Had Back yesterday and im feelin it today.

Deadlift is going up repped 235 for 5
Then did some weighted pull-ups and lat pull downs
Got Barbell Row in too.

Got Arms today and no skewl so im pretty pumped

sodapop
02-26-10, 1:27 pm
Had Back yesterday and im feelin it today.

Deadlift is going up repped 235 for 5
Then did some weighted pull-ups and lat pull downs
Got Barbell Row in too.

Got Arms today and no skewl so im pretty pumped

Sounds like a good back day, man. Keep it goin.

Wingman
02-26-10, 4:04 pm
Just got back and i had a dam good day.

Close grip Bench got 155x5 on my last set
Got 75x10 on barbell curl on last set
And on skull crushers got 65x10 on the straight bar for my last set
Did some other work on arms along with weighted chin ups and some ab work

My Whey and Casein got here along with my Multi so after my workout had a 12oz can of chicken 2 pieces of wheat bread 16oz milk with one scoop of whey some veggies and a multi. Everything keeps lookin really good. Gotta figure out what to do bout legs, Hopefully they will start to strengthen up

Wingman
03-01-10, 7:51 pm
Today was chest:

got 155x5 160x5 165x5 165x5 and 170x2 idk wat it was i wasnt really feelin it today

still need suggestions for leg days becuz i dont think i hav enough stuff

did some other chest work felt really burnt out

Wingman
03-01-10, 8:37 pm
I also have a Question....on leg day would it be alright to do quads and hams
then on back day throw in calves?

smoothballer
03-01-10, 9:28 pm
I also have a Question....on leg day would it be alright to do quads and hams
then on back day throw in calves?

You can do calves them on leg day if you want, but I prefer to actually do them on my back, rear delt day so I can really isolate them. A lot of people like to do them on leg day because they already have the weights set up on the leg press and squat rack.

Some good things on leg day are squats, squats, and squats. Also do leg press, leg extensions, and leg curls. Stiff legged deadlifts and standing leg curls are also really good exercises.

Form is everything on squats. I have actually been fixing mine lately. I had virtually no hip drive. I found these great videos by Mark Rippetoe that have been helping out tremendously.

Wingman
03-01-10, 9:35 pm
Thanks alot ya my squats are weak so i am definetly going to build them up.
Would you mind putting a video link up to the movies

smoothballer
03-01-10, 9:45 pm
Thanks alot ya my squats are weak so i am definetly going to build them up.
Would you mind putting a video link up to the movies

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Video

Wingman
03-01-10, 10:20 pm
thanks alot SB so how is ur work comin along any big gains?

smoothballer
03-02-10, 8:54 am
Seeing some good results in the mirror. Leg press is definitely going up. I am finally understanding how important diet is to bulking up. I have a feeling bench and military press are gonna be the next to jump up. Keep up the good work man.

Wingman
03-02-10, 4:19 pm
Good deal man. Whats your diet looking like?

smoothballer
03-02-10, 7:42 pm
Good deal man. Whats your diet looking like?

300 grams protein and 300 grams carbs split across 6 meals. Check out the Iron Contest in the Living section. I am basically doing the bulking diet for under 200 lbs.

Wingman
03-02-10, 9:04 pm
Sounds good SB thanks for the tips on hip drive i think it helped haha wasnt to sure cuz i changed up my squats.

Had a great day at the gym today. Did quads and hams. I can barely walk lol. I think this was the missing link to my success, A good leg day.

Headed up to the Arnold Friday and possibly saturday

Wingman
03-04-10, 8:49 pm
Yesterday was shoulders, had a pretty good day got up and ran at 5 then lifted at around 630 pm. Today was back and deadlift is going up very nicely. next week tryin 250 for 5 and i know ill get it. tried T bar rows for the first time and...well...I felt it...everywhere. tomorow is the Arnold can not wait gettin up early to run than ridin on down. Who all is going.

Birdman
03-05-10, 8:09 pm
just got back to the hotel bro...were there today?

Wingman
03-05-10, 8:24 pm
ya big man i was there today got alot of good shit haha. about a months worth of protein haha. but did u hav a good time? you compete in anything? idk wat ya look like so i couldnt really match faces.

Wingman
03-06-10, 12:23 am
Had arms today...and after going the arnold i was jacked, but tired lol. Got 150x5 on close grip bench but this time i tried to barely touch my chest with the weight and it made a huge difference talk about burn. controling the wait is harder than hell on that last rep. got skullcrushers 50x10 55x10 65x10 and 70x7. weighted chin ups and cable pulldowns to finish it up along with sum incline curls. had a great pump today i lost 2 pounds so i am cutting cardio to one day a week. hopefully going back to the Arnold on sunday.

Birdman
03-06-10, 5:17 pm
nah i didnt compete but i was there quite a bit...ill be at the ABC tonight youll have to hit me and do some legs lol

Wingman
03-06-10, 5:37 pm
i am doing legs lol i just forget to post them hahaha just cuz i have been busy busy busy

Wingman
03-06-10, 10:12 pm
definetly tired from this past week not doing shit today or tomoro except eatin all that i can. doubt ill be going to the arnold tomoro im too dam tired. but gotta rest up got a big chest day monday followed by leg hell on tuesday.

Birdman
03-06-10, 10:57 pm
dude, that ABC was KILLER! my legs are still pumped and im already back at the hotel lol the food was great to

Wingman
03-07-10, 12:43 am
haha glad to hear it man, enjoying ur stay in ohio?

Wingman
03-09-10, 12:31 pm
was feelin kinda laggy last nite at the gym. had chest and kinda had an off nite.

155x5
160x5
165x5
165x3
165x3

incline flyes were good and did decline bench with dumbells. ended with cable crossovers and man i feel it today. pumped for legs today.

C.Coronato
03-09-10, 4:52 pm
Good to see you on here my man. You have a world of knowledge in one tight knit place. Make sure you take full advantage of it. Like i have told you before, you have a solid start and a great head on your shoulders .. dont lose that.

Wingman
03-10-10, 3:46 pm
Never do big man thanks for stoppin by.

Had legs yesterday. It was awsome got a great pump and had to crawl out of the gym. good thing i got shoulders today. Definetly on to bigger things.

strivin for more
03-10-10, 7:54 pm
i wish i had an ABC meet to go to... lucky... but the bench day wasnt terrible. we all have those days. and hit them legs hard!!

smoothballer
03-10-10, 8:33 pm
i wish i had an ABC meet to go to... lucky... but the bench day wasnt terrible. we all have those days. and hit them legs hard!!

You gotta take that ABC mentality with you every day when you head to the gym. I work out at a health club and it isn't exactly an Animal atmosphere. So I throw on some heavy tunes, throw the hood up (mostly cause they keep it so damn cold) and get in the zone. Works for me brother.

Wingman
03-10-10, 10:05 pm
hahaha rob i dont hav an ABC by me man i dont really even kno how to get into that i just went and did legs at my gym haha. and ya my gym has like old people, but there are some big dudes there and they help out so much. they really know their shit.

had shoulders today. had a little extra energy (prolly cuz i slept in 3 of my classes) so i ended each set with burnouts. I fried my traps on shrugs and got 255x10 did some bent over raises and last set got 35x10 and did some light upright rows with 65x12 for 4 sets and a set of burnouts with the bar. a little more assisstance work and abs and im torched. O and overhead press works alot better when you hav a lift off (i found out the hard way). tomoro is my attempt at deadlift 250x5 wish me luk.

Birdman
03-10-10, 10:44 pm
killer shoulders bro, i put my buddy thru a shoulder routine earlier and he couldnt raise his arms after he was done lol. good luck on the deads..there a bitch but one of the most effective back workouts around

C.Coronato
03-11-10, 11:29 am
Drew where in Ohio are you again?

Wingman
03-11-10, 8:12 pm
Haha Birdman Deads are my favorite exercise now idk why i just love feeling...well dead after i do them.

TTL im i live in a town called jeromesville its about 70 miles out of cleveland.

Had Back today. Got my deads. I was feelin 260 but i did not want to push it. Definetly gonna start wearing a belt. Got Tbar rows up to 110 and kept them very clean. Got a good squeeze on lat pulldowns. finally found a bar i like with an awsum grip. ended with calves and pull ups. had an awesome day. definetly feelin this one tomoro

Wingman
03-11-10, 8:17 pm
Another thing I thought I migth mention. My shirts are definetly tighter, and it has only been a month. Next 6 weeks I am moving all reps to 8-10. I feel this might be the key in getting the burn and the growth. Then the last 2 weeks of the cycle drop down to 5 reps on main sets and 10-12 on assisstance sets

Wingman
03-12-10, 5:27 pm
Had a fantastic arms day today. Got a great a pump and left feelin full. Came short one set on skulls, I felt wore out and didnt wanna risk it. I figure it will save me in the long run. I am looking at the progress and it blows me away everyday. I promise even better gains in the up coming months, this shit is awsome!

smoothballer
03-12-10, 9:13 pm
Keep up the good work my man.

Wingman
03-15-10, 8:01 pm
Today was a shit day. I changed the reps up and i liked that. But i didnt hav my pre workout meal i usually hav i changed it up and it fuked me up. going back to the pb, bread, and banana. gonna change chest days a little bit as well.

Question: Would it be good to take out normal BB bench and replace it with decline BB bench and Flat DB press

Birdman
03-15-10, 10:14 pm
DB bench is always an acceptable replacement bro. I usually bounce back and forth between BB and DB about every 2 months.

smoothballer
03-15-10, 10:17 pm
Today was a shit day. I changed the reps up and i liked that. But i didnt hav my pre workout meal i usually hav i changed it up and it fuked me up. going back to the pb, bread, and banana. gonna change chest days a little bit as well.

Question: Would it be good to take out normal BB bench and replace it with decline BB bench and Flat DB press

We all have those days brother. Just get right back on the horse next workout.

Just out of curiosity why do you want to take out BB Bench? It is good to switch things up from time to time so you can switch out BB Bench for DB Bench. You can add Decline Bench to your workouts but I would not substitute it for BB Bench. Flat bench does much more for your chest than decline. Decline hits the lower chest. Just my opinion.

Wingman
03-16-10, 7:37 am
well i hav been using it for so long and even with my new diet and new supplement stack and all that...i think if i took say a 2-4 week break from it the plateau might go away cuz it never seems to go up.

smoothballer
03-16-10, 8:44 am
Well if you have been doing it for a long time a chance might be becesary for growth. DB bench might help. You can also throw in some drop sets and negatives to bust through plateaus. Good luck buddy.

Wingman
03-16-10, 9:25 pm
Today went pretty well had legs and had another killer workout. legs are hurting like no other and hopin to hav a good rest of the week.

Birdman
03-16-10, 9:37 pm
gotta love them legs!!! hows ur squat comin along?

Wingman
03-17-10, 4:16 pm
i thought it was comin along pretty well almost able to rep body weight 15 times...but i dont keep my chest out so i use my back kind of. so now its back to the basics and rebuilding it back up again. but i dont care i would rather do it right then hurt myself...plus im gettin a lot bigger in my legs and upper body regardless.

got shoulders today postin the results when i get back.

C.Coronato
03-17-10, 4:25 pm
Keep up the hard work. Also, Ohio is big country for Animals. Here are all the ABC chapters out, there .. lots of good people that can push you, im gonna send some in here. Check the chapters out as well, not sure whats close .. There is a Columbus ABC next month, perfect for you to start!

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=14291 - Akron/Canton
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12576 - Cincy/Dayton
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=10816 - Cleveland
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=11462 - Columbus
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=29252 - Lorain
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=12706 - Toledo
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21381 - Ohio Valley.

Many of them all mesh together. Reach out into there, like i said, great people.

ghost
03-17-10, 4:45 pm
some solid work going on in here.. i hope you can make it to the columbus abc coming up next month! if you need ANYTHING let me know!!

ghost
03-17-10, 4:46 pm
i thought it was comin along pretty well almost able to rep body weight 15 times...but i dont keep my chest out so i use my back kind of. so now its back to the basics and rebuilding it back up again. but i dont care i would rather do it right then hurt myself...plus im gettin a lot bigger in my legs and upper body regardless.

doing it right and doing it for numbers..... you chose the right one man. Do it right. dont get yourself hurt, always choose form over weight.

OklahomaMuscle
03-17-10, 4:51 pm
how's things big man? I like the idea of reworking the squat form, if it isn't solid you can really do some damage n the long run. let us know what problems you are having and we can try and help you get it figured out... keep up the good work my man You've been killing it in here

Big C
03-17-10, 7:27 pm
Yo what's up bro......looks like you have a good plan for your goals brother. However, lifting five days in a row is rough. I like to do either a 2 on 1 off, or 3 on 1 off routine.

Are you from Ohio? Have you heard of the Animal Barbell Club? We have lifting sessions throughout the state just let me know what major city you are near so you can possibly attend the next one. Trust me going to just ONE of these will boost your overall motivation and give you a different outlook on your training. I live near Canton.

deanna7272
03-17-10, 8:19 pm
Hey... I was just reading up in here and I was just going to ask where ya were in Ohio...lol I head the Ohio Valley Chapter ABC (Check out the link below) We are in Yorkville, Ohio, right on the river across from Wheeling WV. We have several Chapters covering the state and most of us travel to each others ABC's... Ohio is a very close knit group, we are all family here.

I know that the Columbus Chapter is having one on the 24th of April and I am having one either the 15th or 16th of May, if you are anywhere close, we usually have fellas carpool and travel. I'm sure you are somewhere close to someone...lol

Check out some of the chapters and find yourself at "home".... Best of luck with your goals... Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and are determined, that makes you one of us... Welcome...

Ohio Valley ABC
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21381&page=24

~Deanna

Birdman
03-17-10, 8:55 pm

Good plan brotha, gotta do it right. Weight is irrelevant if the forms not Perfect. What helps me keep my chest up and out is to keep my head up or straight forward, my gym has mirrors all over so i usually look myself in the face. keep on killin it man

Wingman
03-17-10, 9:28 pm
Thanks bird.

Fried the hell out of my traps and got my shoulders in pretty well. Felt strong throughout the whole thing. ended my day with 185x10 on shrugs supersetted with machine shrugs for 5 sets. im dead haha. bagel and cream cheese with can of tuna for dinner. casein shake before bed.

MrMuscles22
03-17-10, 10:12 pm
Yo what's up bro......looks like you have a good plan for your goals brother. However, lifting five days in a row is rough. I like to do either a 2 on 1 off, or 3 on 1 off routine.

Are you from Ohio? Have you heard of the Animal Barbell Club? We have lifting sessions throughout the state just let me know what major city you are near so you can possibly attend the next one. Trust me going to just ONE of these will boost your overall motivation and give you a different outlook on your training. I live near Canton.

110% correct. Hitting up an ABC session will get your motivation really going and give you a chance to train with some awesome people who have a lot of experience with trial and error. We have all be there before, so next time you see an ABC session coming up, feel free to come by. We would be more than happy to have you join us bro and you are always more than welcome to train with any one of us and pick our brains as much as possible. I don't know where you live, but the Ohio chapters are some of the most active chapters in the country, so there are plenty of opportunities. Let us know where you live, and we can help you locate the closest chapter to you and introduce you to some key people in the chapter. Best of luck with everything bro! Sounds like you have the right attitude and work ethic to be successful!

Wingman
03-17-10, 10:32 pm
yo Big C, deanna, and MrMuscle...Thanks for stoppin by. i live in a little town called jeromesville. i would love to hit up an ABC session. I am 70 miles from cleveland and 70 miles from columbus. u can shoot the details via forum if u would like. Im jus gettin into this iron game so i would love to go to an ABC meet and learn and meet my Animal Brothers.
And thanks mrmuscle. i been at it for 5 weeks (this being the fifth) and already seeing great results and am loving the feeling.

ghost
03-17-10, 10:33 pm
yo Big C, deanna, and MrMuscle...Thanks for stoppin by. i live in a little town called jeromesville. i would love to hit up an ABC session. I am 70 miles from cleveland and 70 miles from columbus. u can shoot the details via forum if u would like. Im jus gettin into this iron game so i would love to go to an ABC meet and learn and meet my Animal Brothers.
And thanks mrmuscle. i been at it for 5 weeks (this being the fifth) and already seeing great results and am loving the feeling.

Dude, april 24th is the Columbus ABC...hope you can make it out there... i am driving in from detroit for it

Wingman
03-17-10, 10:37 pm
Dude i would completely go but the 24th is my dam prom and i cant let down the ladies =P

ghost
03-17-10, 10:39 pm
Dude i would completely go but the 24th is my dam prom and i cant let down the ladies =P

prom? aaah. haha. well there is a chicago abc coming up april 10th!

Wingman
03-17-10, 10:48 pm
ya man im still in high skewl. but i wont be able to make to one until this summer when is the next ohio one after the 24th?

Big C
03-17-10, 11:07 pm
ya man im still in high skewl. but i wont be able to make to one until this summer when is the next ohio one after the 24th?

The Ohio Valley (which is in yorkville near Wheeling) is having one sometime in May. Deanna (who posted above) is the chapter coordinator for the OV.

Wingman
03-17-10, 11:29 pm
alrite man can u guys send me a link of addresses and some more info?

ghost
03-18-10, 6:50 am
Ohio Valley ABC
http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?t=21381&page=24

~Deanna

here is the link to the Ohio Valley ABC thread

deanna7272
03-18-10, 8:28 am
Sorry, I HAVE to share this.... I went to google to see how far you are from us, and you are about 2 and a half hours from here. THEN I looked at the map and saw that you are much closer to Canton... I typed in Canton and didn't put OHIO... It sent me to CHINA!!!

Just for your info, IF you were to come from "CANTON" in China to Jeromesville, it would take 38 and some odd DAYS to get here and you have to do 2 different sessions of KAYAKING across the PACIFIC OCEAN....lol

So back to the issue, you are just under an hour to Canton, that may your best bet as far as a "home" chapter... We would love to see you at the OV ABC... We have a couple young Animals at The Body Shop that will be there and they have a passion for the iron also...

Wingman
03-18-10, 12:05 pm
well it would be cool to see some younger guys who are in it. i mean im so new to all of this it is just such a good feeling i mean 5 weeks and im getting results i can not imagine how i will be in 5 months...as just beginning in all of this i am determined to make myself better for me.

Birdman
03-18-10, 12:06 pm
well it would be cool to see some younger guys who are in it. i mean im so new to all of this it is just such a good feeling i mean 5 weeks and im getting results i can not imagine how i will be in 5 months...as just beginning in all of this i am determined to make myself better for me.

great attitude man.

OklahomaMuscle
03-18-10, 12:15 pm

Dude it is so cool to actually see a young cat like yourself taking the tips and tricks and USING them to get better. Your approach to this whole thing has been awesome homeboy, smart training asking questions and finding what works for you. Outstanding job Drew... respect

Wingman
03-18-10, 4:08 pm
Thanks alot OKM it means alot. thanks everyone who is stopping in it's nice to know all this shit is gonna get me somewhere. I do hav a qwestion to anyone who wants to answer it. I'm getttin a little pudge round the mid section any tips I am starting sprinting in the Am next week fuk that jogging shit but any other ideas?

MrMuscles22
03-18-10, 4:51 pm
I'm getttin a little pudge round the mid section any tips I am starting sprinting in the Am next week fuk that jogging shit but any other ideas?

Low intesity cardio is the best way to save the muscle mass you have gained while dropping fat. Start with 30min/day 3-5x/week keeping your HR at about 120-130bpm. For me, all that means is walking on the treadmill on an incline @ 3.0mph. Also, make sure you are eatting clean food for your diet, even if you're trying to gain size, this will make sure that the majority of the weight you gain is muscle and not fat. Hope that helps ya some bro.

Wingman
03-18-10, 6:48 pm
It helps alot man thanks alot should I do it before or after my workout?

Wingman
03-18-10, 7:38 pm
Had back and calves today. tried more reps on deads and a little less weight and it kicked my ass. got 225x8 and went for 235 and got it 6 times. did lat pulls as wide as i could go and squeezed the hell out of my lats. got T-bar rows and those are going up very nicely. Crushed barbell row with 145x10 and last week i could only get 125x10. great things expected on arms tomoro.

ghost
03-18-10, 7:43 pm
one thing that will help with increasing your deadlift numbers, rack pulls from various heights.. great job on deads today!

Wingman
03-18-10, 7:51 pm
thanks ghost how do rack pulls help though strengthen your back or what?

smoothballer
03-18-10, 8:25 pm
It helps alot man thanks alot should I do it before or after my workout?

Definitely do cardio after your workout or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. You don't want to tire yourself out before hitting the weights. And also your heartrate will be raised going into the cardio if you do it after lifting.

Wingman
03-18-10, 8:39 pm
thanks alot big man ya i liked running in the morn it was kinda free feeling. but definetly gonna start sprinting in the morn and doin incline walking post.

smoothballer
03-18-10, 8:42 pm
thanks alot big man ya i liked running in the morn it was kinda free feeling. but definetly gonna start sprinting in the morn and doin incline walking post.

Do you do HIIT workouts when you sprint? They are great for burning fat if you like sprinting.

Wingman
03-18-10, 8:58 pm
to tell the truth not really i love running for long distances and stuff but i kno thats not the best. please explain High Intensity Interval Training to me, and possibly give me a sample workout.

smoothballer
03-18-10, 9:05 pm
HIIT
Jog for 5 min (Warm-Up)
Sprint for 30 sec
Fast Walk for 90 sec
*Repeat the Sprint/Walk for a total of 5-6 times
Fast Walk for 5 min (Cool-Down)

The way it works is that you get your body ready to have a fast heart rate with your warm-up. Then you sprint to get your heart rate really going. Then the fast walking is great because you heart rate is still way up so you am burning much more than if you was normally going that speed. Same with the cool-down. Your heart rate is still elevated.

It is a killer cardio workout that can be done in less than 20 min.

Wingman
03-18-10, 9:19 pm
sounds great imma start monday doin that 3 times a week. thanks alot man it really helps. hows ur progress comin along?

ghost
03-18-10, 9:19 pm
thanks ghost how do rack pulls help though strengthen your back or what?

they will help your back get used to heavier weights, and help you get past sticking points by hitting them at various heights.

smoothballer
03-18-10, 9:38 pm
Progression is going well. I am doing HRT 3 times a week right now. Everyday but legs (my buddy works late on Mondays). Making strides my man...

Wingman
03-18-10, 10:17 pm
thanks alot ghost i am sticking to a steady workout my first twelve weeks of training but after that i can have some variety going into the gym
and good to hear SB small steps is all it takes

Wingman
03-18-10, 10:38 pm
Also anyone have some sample trap and shoulder routines combined mine seem to be effective but im not to sore in the morning anymore.

Birdman
03-18-10, 10:49 pm
Also anyone have some sample trap and shoulder routines combined mine seem to be effective but im not to sore in the morning anymore.

ur soreness will ease up now that ur 5 weeks in but heres a little somethin guaranteed to burn like hell

Dumbbell shoulder press super set with shrugs- immediately after ur set of presses, without putting the weights down, shrug em out for about 20 reps. shoot for 4 sets of 10 presses and 20 shrugs

DB side laterals super set with cable side lateral. shoot for 3 sets of 10 on both

Rear delt flies. shoot for 3 sets of 10 slow full reps

keep ur intensity high and you will have a nasty pump and a helluva burn. pretty quick workout to

Wingman
03-19-10, 7:14 am
Dam dude sounds painful haha. Could I through overhead bb press and upright rows in or is that too much

ghost
03-19-10, 7:20 am
my traps routine... simple and purely brutal

135x10
225x10
315x10
405x10
495x8
585xpain
675xpain
765xpain
855xpain
945xburnout.

if you arent sore for the following week, you arent doing them right.

C.Coronato
03-19-10, 9:50 am
HIIT
Jog for 5 min (Warm-Up)
Sprint for 30 sec
Fast Walk for 90 sec
*Repeat the Sprint/Walk for a total of 5-6 times
Fast Walk for 5 min (Cool-Down)

The way it works is that you get your body ready to have a fast heart rate with your warm-up. Then you sprint to get your heart rate really going. Then the fast walking is great because you heart rate is still way up so you am burning much more than if you was normally going that speed. Same with the cool-down. Your heart rate is still elevated.

It is a killer cardio workout that can be done in less than 20 min.

I do this after my workouts 5x a week. I do it for 20 mins, and i do fast walk for 60 seconds. Its a damn killer.

smoothballer
03-19-10, 10:04 am
I do this after my workouts 5x a week. I do it for 20 mins, and i do fast walk for 60 seconds. Its a damn killer.

Crap! Now that I think about it, I also do the fast walk for 60 sec not 90 sec. My bad.

When I do these on the stairmaster, I often go 60 second on, 60 sec off. But I can't keep that intensity while running. You can do HIIT with just about any cardio equipment.

Birdman
03-19-10, 2:06 pm
Dam dude sounds painful haha. Could I through overhead bb press and upright rows in or is that too much

You can ad whatever you want man, just no how much is to much, you dont want to over train. But i dont see why it how throwin those in the mix would hurt anything

Wingman
03-19-10, 6:14 pm
ghost...are u talking about shrugs? and if u are uh i can maybe rep 315 once i have only been doin this for 5 weeks.

TTL sounds great i will definetly be hittin the HIIT next week.

SB thanks alot man

Birdman i will def try out that workout it seems like a killer

Had arms today and boy are they pumped...i had to rip my shirt because it was hurting under my arm becuz it was way to tight. skulls went awesomely got 70x10 for clean reps found a new and better angle. got a great bicep pumps in 4 sets of BB curls and 4 sets of Incline hammerrs. feltdead i tried to do chins but since i changed the reps on the excercises and upped the weight i could barely pump out 10 clean ones. PB sanwich and banana pre workout and whey imediatly after. 12 oz chicken and a yam and some greens when i get home. starting cardio next week.

Wingman
03-19-10, 9:09 pm
other than actual lifting shoes...what type of shoes could anybody recomend for lifting. i heard nike shocks were really good and opinions or suggestions?

boyer77
03-19-10, 9:27 pm
other than actual lifting shoes...what type of shoes could anybody recomend for lifting. i heard nike shocks were really good and opinions or suggestions?

I am an ex-marine so my Bates Combat Boots are my shoe (boot) of choice. My wife yells at me because I run in them too! I never have really run in regular shoes before. Just a thought...

boyerfitness
03-19-10, 9:31 pm

Speaking from experience.....I dont like the nike shocks I don't feel like they offer good support and it pains me to say that as my sister is a design engineer for Nike. With that said the Nike air soles are decent if you like Nike and want that brand.

Wingman
03-19-10, 10:15 pm
haha thanks boyer77 but i like running shoes to run in bt i give u probs for running in them boots

and BF im not particular on the brand just the performance ya know and support

machineman
03-19-10, 11:37 pm
hey Drew.....some good looking work in here, bro....just keep hittin it hard and heavy....where abouts are you?

Wingman
03-19-10, 11:53 pm
im about 2 hours and 30 mins from Toledo my Brother. If u got an ABC out there I want in haha. keep me posted man im lookin forward to the summer i want hit up at least 3 different chapters =P how r things progressing for u?

machineman
03-20-10, 12:42 pm
im about 2 hours and 30 mins from Toledo my Brother. If u got an ABC out there I want in haha. keep me posted man im lookin forward to the summer i want hit up at least 3 different chapters =P how r things progressing for u?

we will be having an ABC in late May or early June....I will make sure to keep you informed! had to take this week off for family reasons, but I will be back at it on Monday......

Wingman
03-20-10, 1:08 pm
hey family first brother. i cant wait to finally start going to some ABC's this summer i hope to learn alot from the best. Cant wait to see my progress from now til the end of August.

Wingman
03-21-10, 10:46 pm
i thought i mite show my diet and the stack i plan on getting as soon as my parents get their heads out of their asses.

Meal 1- 3 eggs 1 cup oats fill it with milk and a banana
Meal 2- 1 cup nuts an orange and a granola bar thing
Meal 3- 2 slices of wheat bread lots of meat and some veggies
Meal 4 (pre workout)- PB sandwich and banana gonna be adding shock therapy to this
Meal 5- (post workout)- whey protein and Bcaa Stack imediatly after working out
Meal 6- can of tuna glass of milk and some rice
Meal 7 (Depending on time) 12 oz chicken and a yam and some veggies (this mite be meal 6)
Meal 8-(this mite be meal 7 its just depends on time) casein protein and some cattage cheese

Stack:
with Meal 1- fish oil, flaxseed oil, opti-men, uni liver
with Meal 3- opti-men, uniliver
with meal 4- shock therapy ( on the way to the gym)
with meal 5- whey and Bcaa stack (this already contains glutamine)
with Meal 6- uniliver, opti-men

Lemme kno wat all u guys think

Thanks

ghost
03-21-10, 11:46 pm
drew, yes i was talking about shrugs, and as far as shoes are concerned, pick yourself up a pair of Converse Chuck Taylors, and you are all set man.

smoothballer
03-22-10, 9:31 am
i thought i mite show my diet and the stack i plan on getting as soon as my parents get their heads out of their asses.

Meal 1- 3 eggs 1 cup oats fill it with milk and a banana
Meal 2- 1 cup nuts an orange and a granola bar thing
Meal 3- 2 slices of wheat bread lots of meat and some veggies
Meal 4 (pre workout)- PB sandwich and banana gonna be adding shock therapy to this
Meal 5- (post workout)- whey protein and Bcaa Stack imediatly after working out
Meal 6- can of tuna glass of milk and some rice
Meal 7 (Depending on time) 12 oz chicken and a yam and some veggies (this mite be meal 6)
Meal 8-(this mite be meal 7 its just depends on time) casein protein and some cattage cheese

Stack:
with Meal 1- fish oil, flaxseed oil, opti-men, uni liver
with Meal 3- opti-men, uniliver
with meal 4- shock therapy ( on the way to the gym)
with meal 5- whey and Bcaa stack (this already contains glutamine)
with Meal 6- uniliver, opti-men

Lemme kno wat all u guys think

Thanks

Have you calculated how much protein and carbs this is? You can use sites like LiveStrong.com The Daily Plate to get the numbers down. 8 meals seems like a lot, but that's just me and I am not an expert. Maybe others can chime in here.

Just a heads up that you shouldn't post other brands on here. Just say multi-vitamin instead.

Wingman
03-22-10, 3:57 pm
O ok I didn't kno I wasn't trying to advertise and it's eight meals becuz I count my post and pre workout on there

smoothballer
03-22-10, 4:15 pm
O ok I didn't kno I wasn't trying to advertise and it's eight meals becuz I count my post and pre workout on there

No worries bro. It is a common mistake around here. Here are the rules J-Dawg made for the FORVM: http://Forum.animalpak.com/announcement.php?f=5

Birdman
03-22-10, 4:18 pm
as far as ur diet goes...i got one question-are you gaining weight/muscle?

Wingman
03-22-10, 6:41 pm
ya lol i am birdman...why wouldnt i be?

and thanks smooth

As far as todays chest day goes did very well today switched things up. used incline DB press as pre exhaustion then hit decline bench very hard got 155x10 on my last set which is a big improvement. did alot of assistance today and did flat DB bench for the first time and i like it alot. did cardio and that kicked my ass. my calves were on fire and i worked up a good sweat.

OklahomaMuscle
03-22-10, 7:21 pm
Everything looks good in here Drew, I like the diet. Lot's of variety and solid food choices. If you are gaining muscle getting stronger keep it up. As for the shoes I lift in a few different shoes depending on the lift/body part. For squats I rock the old converse flat sole basket ball shoes, for my deadlift days I have a pair of Asics wrestling shoes, bench and military press day are done in whichever running shoes I have on that day. If I were to pick one shoe for everything it'd be the Chuck Taylors but they are not that great for running/cardio. Adidas has some good shoes with nice flat bottoms that would be great for everything I believe they are indoor soccer shoes. It's all preference my man, a good flat sole will definitely help in the squat/deadlift but other than that just get in there and lift homie. Keep up the good work

Wingman
03-22-10, 8:08 pm
Thanks bro hows the 5/3/1 ur way my man?

Birdman
03-22-10, 11:30 pm
the reason i asked that would be that as long as ur gaining how u want then its the right diet for you. The only thing i can think to change is maybe a little more protien with ur morning meal. As you have it now ur getting about 25-26 grams not including the little bit of milk so you could either throw another egg or two in there or drink a good 12 oz of milk on top of that

Wingman
03-23-10, 6:47 am
Alrite thanks bird. Ya I normally do drink some more milk. I also fill my bowl haha.

Birdman
03-23-10, 11:38 am
no problem bro, train hard

Wingman
03-23-10, 7:58 pm
Always do big man.

So today was legs. I had the owner of the gym help me with squats. She knows wat she is doing my squats have already improved and so i only did 135x10x3 . but the other leg stuff i went heavy.

Leg press 240x10, 270x10, 320x8
SLDL 115x10, 135x10, 145x10
Leg Ext 2x10, burnout
Leg Curl 2x10, burnout
Hack squat (went lighter but kept feet together) 3x10

Wingman
03-24-10, 8:43 pm
First of all i wanna say thanks to Birdman. Hardest shoulder burn in the world.

Second my workout for today doesnt matter i want to talk about something. My parents got mad at me for sleeping in class and being tardy because my principle bitches at me for carrying my gallon of water. its a distraction...it aint a distraction if dumb fukers wouldnt poke holes in it. My parents dont get wat im doing..o well ill prove them wrong. To those who are with me the support is much appreciated...and to those against well u better watch out becuz nobody is gonna stop me from doing wat i want. im growing mentally and physically. I wont bak down. Others criticism is my drive and the dirty looks and questions i get are my passion. i dont get why everyone is so judgmental. i didnt do shit to u so fuk off. So this is my final word I will become an Animal no matter who says i can or cant. I will get bigger and stonger no matter how hard i havta work. Again to those with me I giv u props. Thanks to all.

ghost
03-24-10, 9:29 pm
we are all here to support one another man. Keep at it. and i know the rules of the school suck, but they are the rules... don't go getting yourself in trouble in order to get the water in.... your best bet is to drink the water after school. just be safe brother. if you need anything just ask.

Wingman
03-24-10, 9:31 pm
thanks ghost...its just alot of the shit is startin to come out ya kno...if i didnt lift i would lose my mind man haha.

ghost
03-24-10, 9:35 pm
thanks ghost...its just alot of the shit is startin to come out ya kno...if i didnt lift i would lose my mind man haha.

trust me man, i know how that goes. Work is my motivation for lifting. haha. Shit will always get to you, the only thing you need to remember is to not let it get to you too much. bottle it up and unleash it on the weights...and not others.

Birdman
03-24-10, 10:08 pm
bro we are always here for you...keep at it and keep to urself man, no need to retaliate, the best way to get back at someone is to prove them wrong. and you will at the rate ur going.

Wingman
03-24-10, 10:26 pm
thanks guys i got 45s for shoulder presses and i normally do 35's haha i went nuts today lol but im calmer now.

smoothballer
03-24-10, 10:26 pm
Drew, my man, we all have obstacles in our lives that get in the way of our training, diet, supplementation. Most of us are not professionals, we have to live a life outside the gym. We all go through it. It is what you make out it that counts. Fighting your parents or the school in my opinion isn't your best option. You are going to want all the support you can get which definitely includes your parents. The Bodybuilding life is hard, hard on you to get everything in and hard on those around you. Trust me I know. I am constantly having to remind myself that I am not the sole person in my life. So let your parents in on it. It make take them awhile to come around, but putting up a wall is only gonna make it harder. As far as school goes, I would ditch the gallon jug if it is causing problems. You don't want to get in trouble. If you are allowed, I would just grab plastic water bottle like Deer Park or something and fill it up between classes. It will be less conspicuous and you can still get the H2O in. And sleeping in class (while I did it occasionally in my day) is a sure fire way to trouble in school. And finally, I agree with Ghost...take all that criticism and take it out on the weights. Good luck brother...we are here for ya.

Wingman
03-24-10, 10:29 pm
thanks SB its jus i try to explain to my parents and i get that they are worried but i kno some stuff about wat im doing. now i kno i still hav alot to learn but this is going to be where i am at for a long time. they do support and i try to let them in and its that i hav other priorities according to them. i hav finally dedicated to something and im sticking with it i think they would be happy.

OklahomaMuscle
03-24-10, 11:52 pm
I gotta agree with the fellas here Drew. You got the fire for the weights no doubt, but you got to apply that intensity and drive to everything else my man. You wanna show people be the top student plus be jacked as fuck, don't just settle for being committed to lifting and that alone. Apply the same principles you've learned in the gym to school and everything else. It's a marathon and while it may suck right now, school should be the top priority right now homeboy. It's all about BALANCE... keep hitting it hard man

Wingman
03-25-10, 6:59 am
Thanks dude I think I jus needed to hear from someone other than my parents.

Wingman
03-25-10, 9:05 pm
I got carried away yesterday and it wasnt the responsible thing to do. I got in over my head and a little heated and it was disrespectful to everyone here, so i apologize.

went to the gym today and had a great workout.

Romanian DL 225x8 235x8 255x8(definite PR) could barely stand after that holy shit that was an awsum pump
5 sets of pull ups
lat pulldowns Super Wide 4x8
T-Bar rows 110x10 115x10 125x10
Calves and cardio

C.Coronato
03-26-10, 11:35 am
Keep that level head of yours Andrew. Dont let people poke at you or tell you that you cant do things, keep your head down and do what you love. You dont have to do it for anyone but yourself. As i have told you multiple times, you are in a good place and you listen to advise that others are willing to throw out at you. You take it, and use it. That alone is steps above most kids your age. Once again .. dont lose that level head of yours my man.

ghost
03-26-10, 11:52 am
-poke.

jk. I definitely agree with what TTL said, you are already miles ahead of most kids your age by recognizing what needs to be done, and doing it... and when running in to problems, asking for help is the key. we are all here to help man.

Birdman
03-26-10, 1:24 pm
Keep that level head of yours Andrew. Dont let people poke at you or tell you that you cant do things, keep your head down and do what you love. You dont have to do it for anyone but yourself. As i have told you multiple times, you are in a good place and you listen to advise that others are willing to throw out at you. You take it, and use it. That alone is steps above most kids your age. Once again .. dont lose that level head of yours my man.

x2 bro, do what needs to be done

Wingman
03-26-10, 5:55 pm
Thanks alot guys I thought about it alot and I am doing this for me becuz I wNt to prove myself wrong and I Am thanks for all the support. I'll be postin todays workout layer.

Wingman
03-26-10, 10:06 pm
So the workout for today goes

close grip bench 135x8x4 145x5 (slow strict form)
incline db curl 3x8
BB curl 4x8
skulls 55x10 70xx10 75x8 (had 2 barely assisted) 80x4 (needed help with the last 6)
pull downs with the bands
abs and a little bit of cardio.

Got an awesome pump today getting stronger and definetly feeling it.

Wingman
03-28-10, 4:10 pm
So i got into cali for spring break. I got a place to lift, but they do not ha the equipment i need for my normal split. I am going to be adding an extra week on to my 12 week cycle because of this. This week is definetly gonna make or break me. Gotta challenge myself to keep with it and stay disciplined through fun and friends. And passover is here (Im Jewish) so no mroe whole wheat bread for me =/ Hope everyone else has a good spring break.

ghost
03-28-10, 5:00 pm
your best bet is to adapt and overcome with the equipment you do have available to you.

smoothballer
03-28-10, 5:36 pm
You can get a good workout wherever you go man! Sometime you just gotta be a little creative.

Wingman
03-28-10, 6:44 pm
I definetly plan on making the best out of it. gonna come up with some awesome stuff. gonna try out some different moves and see how they feel. definetly gonna do good this week. goal is to drop 5 lbs, all fat. im at 173 atm. im ahead of schedule so a drop will not hurt me. 185 by the end of may is lookin good. swimmin every morning at 7 and doin 30 mins of incline walk every day after lifting. more to come.

Wingman
03-28-10, 11:03 pm
anyone have a swimming workout. i didnt kno if there might be a good one to follow or if i should just swim my ass off.

Wingman
03-29-10, 1:18 pm
so what i thought would be difficult to do ended up turning into one of the best pumps ever. had a great chest day. no barbells at this gym so i took the advantage of getting some heavy DB sets in. the young buck who worked there (maybe 6 or 7 years older than me) wouldnt spot for watever reason so i asked this 70 year old dude haha.

started with incline DB press 35x10 40x10 50x10
Dips (they are starting to get weak gotta up the volume to 2 days a week)
this machine press like 6 sets becuz i couldnt find a good number to do idk wat the weight was.
bench fly and pec dec super set 25x10 30x12 35x10 and ped dec numbers were just 3x10 idk the exact weight. by this time by chest feels like its about to explode
ended with flat DB bench 50x10 without resting 60x4
Pumped and off to 30 mins incline cardio

Abs and pool later today.

This week is gonna be fuking nuts. going to bigger and lose weight i know it. im actually pumped for leg day (that never happens). liking working out in the AM gives me a good drive all day. more to come.

mritter3
03-29-10, 1:21 pm
good stuff drew...solid workout man.

Wingman
03-29-10, 1:27 pm
thanks for stopping by big man.

Wingman
03-29-10, 11:49 pm
i know i keep changing things up but, i hav a question. would i still be able to gain if... i did 20-30 mins of HIIT in the morning on an empty stomache, amd 30 mins incline walk after i lift?

OklahomaMuscle
03-30-10, 10:18 am
i know i keep changing things up but, i hav a question. would i still be able to gain if... i did 20-30 mins of HIIT in the morning on an empty stomache, amd 30 mins incline walk after i lift?

You may not get any bigger but you should be able to recomp a little and change the way you look. Maybe try just doing the HIIT after you lift for a while and see how that goes and if necessary add the low intensity stuff... looking good in here Drew, keep at it

Wingman
03-30-10, 10:21 am
i will definetly keep that in mind. might try one week on one week off. and i would only o HIIT three times a week.

Wingman
03-30-10, 10:39 am
i hav looked at my diet and that could be a problem but im not sure. can anyone recomend and a clean bulk diet. im weighing about 170 right now so any help would be appreciated.

OklahomaMuscle
03-30-10, 10:41 am
i hav looked at my diet and that could be a problem but im not sure. can anyone recomend and a clean bulk diet. im weighing about 170 right now so any help would be appreciated.

Look up Rages Iron contest diet in the living/games section. Team Yellow is the bulkers. A bunch of people have used it with Great success

Wingman
03-30-10, 10:43 am
good lookin out big man. i jus wanna keep my abs. cuz i kno how hard it was t get them.

smoothballer
03-30-10, 10:58 am
I am currently on the bulkers dirt from the iron contest. Rage had me drop everything by 25% since I was under 200 lbs. If you read through the iron II yellow thread the under 200 lbs diet is laid out.

mritter3
03-30-10, 12:13 pm
I am currently on the bulkers dirt from the iron contest. Rage had me drop everything by 25% since I was under 200 lbs. If you read through the iron II yellow thread the under 200 lbs diet is laid out.

its a solid diet as well, very easy to follow.

Birdman
03-30-10, 1:05 pm
Look up Rages Iron contest diet in the living/games section. Team Yellow is the bulkers. A bunch of people have used it with Great success

x2, Rage knows his shit

Wingman
03-30-10, 2:17 pm
ok. sweet ill see wat it looks like. and change wat i need to. thanks alot guys.

todays workout was legs.

got 6x20 on the leg press dont kno the weight but i maxed out the machine on the last set.
DB SLDL 3x12 ended with the 50's
Leg Ext 3x20
leg curl 3x20
single leg leg ext 1x20 2x12
single leg leg curl 1x20 2x12
tried to do lunges but i felll over.
30 mins cardio

felt good today. gonna try to not worry bout the abs and just keep growin. more to come.

Wingman
03-31-10, 1:45 am
finally had some time to put in my diet into the daily plate. here is what i got

Calories 2507 Fat 94 g Cholesterol 881 mg Sodium 3075 mg Carbs 244 g Sugars 63 g Fiber 28 g Protein 194 g

is this good or bad?

ghost
03-31-10, 8:26 am
finally had some time to put in my diet into the daily plate. here is what i got

Calories 2507 Fat 94 g Cholesterol 881 mg Sodium 3075 mg Carbs 244 g Sugars 63 g Fiber 28 g Protein 194 g

is this good or bad?

total per day? increase your protein intake.

smoothballer
03-31-10, 9:38 am
total per day? increase your protein intake.

+1.
How much do you weigh?

Wingman
03-31-10, 10:15 am
sittin at 170 right now

Wingman
03-31-10, 10:17 am
pther than the protein is the rest ok? too much fat not enough carbs?

ghost
03-31-10, 10:26 am
your carbs and fats are fine. but you definitely need to increase your protein for your bodyweight.

Wingman
03-31-10, 10:40 am
well when i put it in the daily plate i did minimal servings. i forgot to put in the meat i hav for lunch. but how much should i up it by 40 grams?

ghost
03-31-10, 10:45 am
well when i put it in the daily plate i did minimal servings. i forgot to put in the meat i hav for lunch. but how much should i up it by 40 grams?

what do you weigh?

Wingman
03-31-10, 1:26 pm
about 170

Wingman
03-31-10, 1:33 pm
today was shoulders. Followed birdmans workout and added some stuff here and there

Warm-up on shoulder press machine
DB PRess/ DB Shrug superset 3x10
Cable side Raise/DB side raise super set 3x10
(Made this one up) Front cable raise palms up/FCR palms down/ DB upright row triset 3x10
Rear Delt flies 3x10 1xburnout all the way up the stack
Shoulder press machine 1xburnout jus one weight
30 mins incline walk.

Worked up a good burn today. Rethinking some goals. Prolly hittin the pool later today. more to come.

ghost
03-31-10, 1:34 pm
about 170

daily, 280-340 grams of protein.

Birdman
hey bro how tall are you? i got a program i had to buy for a nutrition class that tell how many kcals you need per day by age/height/weight/and activity level

Wingman
god dam! thats alot well ill look at my diet and add wat i need to

Wingman
03-31-10, 1:35 pm
thanks ghost

Wingman
03-31-10, 1:35 pm
im about 6 foot tall B-man. Whats this program

smoothballer
03-31-10, 1:53 pm
god dam! thats alot well ill look at my diet and add wat i need to

Rage's bulkers diet for under 200 lbs comes out to 300g protein and 300g carbs. Which is where I started until Rage cut my carbs to 250.

Birdman
03-31-10, 1:55 pm
today was shoulders. Followed birdmans workout and added some stuff here and there

Warm-up on shoulder press machine
DB PRess/ DB Shrug superset 3x10
Cable side Raise/DB side raise super set 3x10
(Made this one up) Front cable raise palms up/FCR palms down/ DB upright row triset 3x10
Rear Delt flies 3x10 1xburnout all the way up the stack
Shoulder press machine 1xburnout jus one weight
30 mins incline walk.

Worked up a good burn today. Rethinking some goals. Prolly hittin the pool later today. more to come.

good lookin shoulder routine man, i can feel the burn from here. I to have shoulders today

Wingman
03-31-10, 1:57 pm
haha well u gave me most of it. u should try it out.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:05 pm
Rage's bulkers diet for under 200 lbs comes out to 300g protein and 300g carbs. Which is where I started until Rage cut my carbs to 250.

yup yup. in 13 weeks i put on 22lbs and dropped a few points in bf.

Wingman
03-31-10, 2:09 pm
were u doin cardio ghost?

ghost
03-31-10, 2:11 pm
were u doin cardio ghost?

my cardio consisted of my walk from the couch, to the kitchen, or the shitter.

Wingman
03-31-10, 2:12 pm
hahaha holy shit man. how much fat intake a day if u remember?

ghost
03-31-10, 2:18 pm
385carbs, 430protein.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:18 pm
200 lbs and over

Meal #1
8 oz. Top Sirloin or 8 whole eggs and 1 cup of oatmeal
Meal #2
3 scoops Real Gains and 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey
Meal #3
8 oz. chicken breast, 10 oz yam
Meal #4
3 scoops Real Gains and 1 scoop Ultra Iso Whey
Meal #5
8 oz. chicken breast, 10 oz yam
Meal #6
Dinner - flexible. Eat about 75 grams worth of protein and 75 grams of carbs. Keep the fat down and add a salad

Under 200 lbs reduce the above diet by 25% to start.

C.Coronato
03-31-10, 2:19 pm
Solid diet for sure! Andrew .. hop on that my man.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:19 pm
Solid diet for sure! Andrew .. hop on that my man.

Rage definitely knows his shit man... those were some of the sickest gains i have seen in a LONG time.

Wingman
03-31-10, 2:20 pm
definetly gonna havta talk to my parent about it. its hard to get them to switch between things. but ill do wat i need to.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:23 pm
definetly gonna havta talk to my parent about it. its hard to get them to switch between things. but ill do wat i need to.

make it work man. we are all here to help support ya

Wingman
03-31-10, 2:23 pm
thanks alot dude. i just wish they got it like everyone in here does. its hard to explain it to them.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:32 pm
thanks alot dude. i just wish they got it like everyone in here does. its hard to explain it to them.

everyone here doesnt get it... that's just it.. have you read some of the diet threads? many of us are still lost on our diets, and trying to figure out what works best. that's what we are all here to do.

Wingman
03-31-10, 2:38 pm
i mean why im changing up wat i eat and why i eat the same thing every day. they say ur 18 enjoy life...i say i do enjoy it and i would rather put in my body wats good and has no taste than wats horrible and tastes decent.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:39 pm
i mean why im changing up wat i eat and why i eat the same thing every day. they say ur 18 enjoy life...i say i do enjoy it and i would rather put in my body wats good and has no taste than wats horrible and tastes decent.

understandable man

Wingman
03-31-10, 2:40 pm
well i go home in a couple days so after i see the doc ill sit them down and ask if they will get me wat i need

thanks guys it helps out alot.

ghost
03-31-10, 2:46 pm
well i go home in a couple days so after i see the doc ill sit them down and ask if they will get me wat i need

thanks guys it helps out alot.

it's what we are here for.

Wingman
03-31-10, 5:00 pm
What meal can replace real gains?

ghost
03-31-10, 5:34 pm
What meal can replace real gains?

pick up Sportpharma Specialized protein for Lean Mass.

Wingman
03-31-10, 5:44 pm
is there any type of food like 4 slices of wheat bread and some tuna? or something like that?

ghost
03-31-10, 5:59 pm
is there any type of food like 4 slices of wheat bread and some tuna? or something like that?

well the best thing about the protein shakes is they are easier than making the chow.

you can always just do another chicken and yams meal.

Wingman
03-31-10, 6:02 pm
ya thats tru. would it be ok to substitute brown rice for the yams. since the rice is easy to make.

ghost
03-31-10, 6:11 pm
ya thats tru. would it be ok to substitute brown rice for the yams. since the rice is easy to make.

yup.

Wingman
03-31-10, 6:14 pm
how much rice is equal to 10oz of yams?

Wingman
04-01-10, 12:19 am
so if all goes accordingly. sometime next week i should be start Rage's bulking diet. After my the last 6 weeks of this 12 week cycle im gonna start Rage's training program it looks really solid. Gonna keep cardio so its a mega clean bulk. Stack will be Pak, Nitro, Shock Therapy, Uniliver, Real Gains (maybe not too sure yet), and some whey. Going to think about adding Storm into the mix after the first month or 2 and see where im at. thanks to all the guys who helped me thorugh this and pointed me in the right direction. gonna post up the exact diet because i might to make some slight changes but ill know monday or tuesday.

Wingman
04-01-10, 2:10 pm
had back and calves today.

Lower back ext 3x10
did some DB rows for the first time in a long time. 40x10 50x10 60x8 70x8
pull ups 10,9,9,8,8
Low row 4x10Row machine 2x10 1x8
calves rasie on leg press 2x burnout all the way up the stack.
(i could barely get to cardio today because walking hurt)
30 min incline walk (nose started bleeding cuz of the dryness in the air, wadded up the sweatshirt sleeve and kept goin haha). more to come.

Firedrake
04-01-10, 3:17 pm
Nice work!

I can heartily recommend Rage's bulking plan. During the first Iron Contest last fall, I managed to put on 25 pounds, 20 of which was lean muscle, in 14 weeks using that plan, and I'm 55 years old!

As for dealing with your parents: What -they- see is their son following a lifestyle the don't understand and are a little afraid of. They've heard all manner of horror stories about everything from Steroids to AIDS in bodybuilding, and they don't know WHAT to think. The other issue that -may- be happening is that they're looking at your focus on good, clean eating, and may be more than a little guilty about their OWN diet.

I remember, way back in the dark ages when I was your age, having this same discussion with MY father. My stepmother kept trying to tell him I was eating too much and would get fat, and that it was costing WAY too much to feed me, and if I wanted a special diet I should pay for it myself. From the end of wrestling season my senior year of high school (Feb. 1) to my graduation (June 18), I put on 30 LEAN pounds. They about freaked.

Just explain, calmly, that you're trying to build a solid foundation of nutrition for the muscle growth you're trying to build, and that you really DO enjoy training, or you wouldn't be keeping at it. People who don't have the iron bug just don't get how much fun it can be to challenge yourself each day.

Keep at it! Thanks for stopping by my Journey!

Wingman
04-02-10, 12:50 am
Thanks a lot man. I think they do get it. The cost would be under 100 a week for food for me which is a little pricey but i kno they spend more now. as for their diet i have inspired them to eat alot cleaner. they read labels of everything and eat well. now its not the best but they say they are going to keep it up while im off too college. thanks for the support though i will definetly use those lines u hav given me they make alot of sense.

ghost
04-02-10, 8:04 am
Nice work!

I can heartily recommend Rage's bulking plan. During the first Iron Contest last fall, I managed to put on 25 pounds, 20 of which was lean muscle, in 14 weeks using that plan, and I'm 55 years old!

As for dealing with your parents: What -they- see is their son following a lifestyle the don't understand and are a little afraid of. They've heard all manner of horror stories about everything from Steroids to AIDS in bodybuilding, and they don't know WHAT to think. The other issue that -may- be happening is that they're looking at your focus on good, clean eating, and may be more than a little guilty about their OWN diet.

I remember, way back in the dark ages when I was your age, having this same discussion with MY father. My stepmother kept trying to tell him I was eating too much and would get fat, and that it was costing WAY too much to feed me, and if I wanted a special diet I should pay for it myself. From the end of wrestling season my senior year of high school (Feb. 1) to my graduation (June 18), I put on 30 LEAN pounds. They about freaked.

Just explain, calmly, that you're trying to build a solid foundation of nutrition for the muscle growth you're trying to build, and that you really DO enjoy training, or you wouldn't be keeping at it. People who don't have the iron bug just don't get how much fun it can be to challenge yourself each day.

Keep at it! Thanks for stopping by my Journey!
Jim is the MAN

smoothballer
04-02-10, 9:29 am
Jim is the MAN

+1

Wingman
04-02-10, 12:00 pm
Jim is the MAN

haha he seems like it s definetly good to hav him on board with me.

Shawn Rainey
04-02-10, 3:09 pm
lol this is funny to me cause my mom is the same way.. "you eat way to much, blah blah blah" I could go on for hours about what she says. But at the end of the day, its you making thous sacrifices in the gym, when you eat and every day. Its you who is responsible for you! Its your life and you should live it the way you want to! Keep lift'n!

Birdman
04-02-10, 3:19 pm
Definitely take to heart whatever Jim has to say, hes been thru it

Wingman
04-02-10, 4:40 pm
lol this is funny to me cause my mom is the same way.. "you eat way to much, blah blah blah" I could go on for hours about what she says. But at the end of the day, its you making thous sacrifices in the gym, when you eat and every day. Its you who is responsible for you! Its your life and you should live it the way you want to! Keep lift'n!

haha ya i keep on going man. gonna definetly talk to them after my doctor appointment on monday. gettin a physical and my liver checked out fr some supps.

Wingman
04-02-10, 4:41 pm
Definitely take to heart whatever Jim has to say, hes been thru it

ya dude i believe it. Jim seems like an awesome guy. gonna definetly havta meet him. how was that leg session today.

Igot arms in a little but gonna post up how it went when i get back.

Firedrake
04-02-10, 6:41 pm
ya dude i believe it. Jim seems like an awesome guy. gonna definetly havta meet him. how was that leg session today.

Igot arms in a little but gonna post up how it went when i get back.

Thanks for the props, guys, but I'm just offering things I've learned the hard way <grin>, in hopes you don't have to. If I can give you a little motivation, or a little learning, I'm passing on what I've gotten FROM the Forvm, and ask only that you pass it along to the next Animal who needs a little help.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you did to those arms!

Wingman
04-02-10, 8:41 pm
Thanks for the props, guys, but I'm just offering things I've learned the hard way <grin>, in hopes you don't have to. If I can give you a little motivation, or a little learning, I'm passing on what I've gotten FROM the Forvm, and ask only that you pass it along to the next Animal who needs a little help.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you did to those arms!

well big man im bout head off and pound them. gimme acouple of hours and the hell, i mean workout will be posted haha!