PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos and stretching

Mindaugas
08-10-07, 7:46 pm
So I am planning on getting a tattoo on my shoulder and bicep. I am currently 6.3 and 180 pounds and my arms are at almost 15 inches. What is bothering me is that some people told me that if i get the tattoo now and keep getting bigger that it will stretch and become unfocused.

So im not sure what to do if i should get it now or just wait.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

TufffGuY
08-10-07, 7:47 pm
thats not true bro, ur skin grows as well, it will look fine. Lee Preist has tons of tats on his arms and his arms are like 23 in.

Artem_
09-30-09, 10:47 pm
Hey guys,

I plan on getting a tattoo over my shoulder, but I also plan on making my shoulders much larger over the year.

Is it going to stretch proportionally or look bad?

If so, what should I do about this? Do I need to pick one or the other, basically?

The tattoo is this,
http://media.photobucket.com/image/superman%20tattoo/bluetightssupermangraphics/SupermanTattoo.jpg
but on a smaller scale covering the shoulder.

C.Coronato
10-01-09, 10:28 am
Yo brother .. i have one big tattoo .. my entire left pec, and a half sleeve on my left arm. I got them when i was probably 150-160 or so. I have since bulked up to 210 and and now cutting down to do my next show at 180 or so. I have has zero problems with stretching.

Razor
10-01-09, 11:51 am
Yo brother .. i have one big tattoo .. my entire left pec, and a half sleeve on my left arm. I got them when i was probably 150-160 or so. I have since bulked up to 210 and and now cutting down to do my next show at 180 or so. I have has zero problems with stretching.

inked up and huge! That's the way it should be. I have a shoulder tattoo that i got before i got serious and since then i've put on about 40 lbs of muscle and never noticed any problems either.

GJN5002
10-01-09, 3:35 pm
I just had my chest tattoo redone. It stretched and was uneven so I just got a chest piece instead haha. I was about 160lb skinny cigarette smoking punk when I got it and I'm about 205 at the moment. The tat over my shoulder hasnt stretched, I have a half sleeve and it looks fine.

GJN5002
10-01-09, 3:36 pm

Do you have any problem covering them when you compete? I want more tats but I dont want to ruin my look if I ever decide to compete.

C.Coronato
10-01-09, 3:49 pm
Do you have any problem covering them when you compete? I want more tats but I dont want to ruin my look if I ever decide to compete.

Ehh, it depends. They def cover up, and if your dark enough you will have no problems. Mine are all greyscale so im not sure if that matters. But i get sprayed professionally with Jan Tana Spray. Two coats, and im what the judges call "mahogany" So im pretty dark, and the judges have not said it screws there perception.

xMATT182x
10-03-09, 8:30 am
I'm with TTL here, I've got a full sleeve on my left arm and I've gained 45 pounds of lean mass since I've got it. It hasn't changed a bit, it somehow brought out the color more.

GUNS
10-03-09, 9:17 am
The majority of mine I got in 1991, I was 170 and skinny for 6'1". Distance runner. I have been heaviest 220 and they look the same. Both shoulders and arm. No worries Bro!

InkdMuscle
10-03-09, 2:48 pm
Yeah bro. TTL and myself are pretty well covered with ink. Dont worry about stretching i have a full slevee and 1/2 sleeve on the other side. i got all my tats when i was about 160ish while in college. I am now bulking to 215. and my tats are still fine.

Beach91
10-05-09, 10:11 pm
Yep these guys are all right, the ink doesnt change much, mine are black all over, and have h had to be retouched in areas where skin stretches and loosens espec. around the elbow, but the overall shape and style dont change too much, i have been 242 in off season, down to 160 contest, not much change