PDA

View Full Version : Training too much?

AP4
02-15-10, 3:50 pm
So I'm 19 and I lift everyday there might be one day i don't during the week but that's rare. Is it a problem if i feel fine and lift everyday, I'm getting stronger and stronger so i don't see any damage but is it a problem?

My schedule looks something like this but I'm not really on a set day schedule cuz it chnges every week

Mon: Legs
Tues: Chest
Wed: Biceps, Triceps, shoulders
Thurs: Back
and then I'm back to legs Friday and just repeat that

Mindaugas
02-15-10, 3:59 pm
I would swich up Back day with Shoulder/bis/tris, because doing legs after back isn't such a great idea especialy if you do deadlifts and squats. And if you're feeling fine and making progress then you're good, but it wouldn't hurt to take a day off after 4 days. So 4 days on, 1 day off, repeat.

Birdman
02-15-10, 4:10 pm
i use to train 7 days a week and only took days off if i were sick or my schedule got in the way. if you are gonna continue lifting everyday i would recommend that you at least spread your split out. for instance..
Mon-chest
Tues-biceps
Wed-legs
Thurs-triceps
Friday-back
Saturday-shoulders
Sunday-abs, calves, forearms
doin somethin like this gives you some rest yet you dont have to take a day off

MrMonday
02-15-10, 5:37 pm
There isn't a problem with training nearly every day. Most successful bodybuilders train that way.

I train almost every day, although my routine is a little different, it's still a repeating 4-way split.

PrinceCook
02-15-10, 6:27 pm
So I'm 19 and I lift everyday there might be one day i don't during the week but that's rare. Is it a problem if i feel fine and lift everyday, I'm getting stronger and stronger so i don't see any damage but is it a problem?

My schedule looks something like this but I'm not really on a set day schedule cuz it chnges every week

Get more rest, youl pay for it in the long run. Your joints will just end up sore and your muscles will just not respond to the volume your puttin in everyday because your nervous system will be weak. Atleast 2-3 rest days if you want to gain some serious mass without any problems. Some people do train everyday and they "SAY" they are putting on weight (which they mean on the scale), but in reality its mostly just excess fat and water from the heavy eating. So stick the best bets.....in other words....Dead or Alive.

Young&Hungry
02-15-10, 11:01 pm
Get more rest, youl pay for it in the long run. Your joints will just end up sore and your muscles will just not respond to the volume your puttin in everyday because your nervous system will be weak. Atleast 2-3 rest days if you want to gain some serious mass without any problems. Some people do train everyday and they "SAY" they are putting on weight (which they mean on the scale), but in reality its mostly just excess fat and water from the heavy eating. So stick the best bets.....in other words....Dead or Alive.

x2. Unless you're some sort of genetic freak, I don't believe anyone who is natural (or even geared up for that matter) can recover from lifting with decent intensity and weight 7 days a week. I only lift 3 days a week and it's the best decision I've made in my training in a while. Some guys are volume guys, some are not, but in the end you have to be smart and do what works for you. Bottom line - your program has to avoid overtraining and give you adequate time to recover and recuperate. You don't grow inside of the gym.

C.Coronato
02-16-10, 10:24 am
I have trained 6-7 days a week for literally, the past 6 years. I went to college and wasnt a fan, so my outlet was the gym. I never looked back .. Once you get in the zone of training every day, it becomes routine.

The only time i really took some time of was for my competitions.

I have trained like this:

Shoulders
Back
Chest
Hams/Calves
Arms
Quads

HatemElAkkad
02-21-10, 6:40 am

o me i found that when i gave my body a little extra rest, it responded better...such as with my calves and biceps....

so it depends from guy to guy i guess but i strongly believe and recommend you take at least 2 days off every week, in order for your to properly recover, and i completely agree with u Princecook, you gotta take care of your nervous system an d joints in order to stay in this game for good....

other than that, ur looking and feeling strong dude....stay that way!!!! all the best

NaturalTrainee
02-21-10, 7:52 am

x3
Otherwise you would simply have to train until you've gained 4 pounds of muscle per day.

MrMonday
02-21-10, 8:44 pm

I am not putting on "just excess fat and water" by training every day lol what a RIDICULOUS thing to say, come on man get your head out of the internet articles and into reality.

WHY would someone who knows what they are doing have a "weak" nervous system from training every day? Explain that to me.

Why would training every day automatically create too great a "volume" for your muscles to respond to? You realize volume is just something you manipulate to fit your own strength and recovery don't you?

josh90
02-24-10, 10:48 pm
when i first started training i would lift 6-7 days a week and got good results but as i got bigger and stronger i found that i needed much more time to recover, but i say if your still getting results with training that often then stick with it until it no longer works

Muscleguy93
02-24-10, 11:01 pm
Everyone is diffrent... How many times does someone need to say this?

Alk
02-25-10, 1:23 am

Are you splitting quads and hamstrings up between your two leg days?

Chest and front delts should be one day, and shoulders in general should be it's own day. That's just my opinion though.

How long are you at the gym normally, and how many exercises do you do in that time period?