PDA

View Full Version : Lent, what are you giving up?

dominatetheiron
02-15-10, 8:16 pm
Lent starts this wed. and i was curious to see what people on here are giving up.

I guess i will start i am giving up beer and soda. I dont drink beer a lot but it seemed to fit and i have been meaning to give up beer for a while i figured start with lent so its socially acceptable and then just never start back up. i hate it when people give me shit about my crazy diet and trainning so its just one more thing i need to eliminate.

The soda will be a big thing for me i always drank soda even when i wrestled in college i love me some diet coke and it will be something that i usually have daily so it will be a great sacrifice for me.

So what are you all giving up?

Feel The Power
02-15-10, 8:33 pm
I'm giving up fast food for lent. I usually only eat it on the weekends for cheat meals. I'm not a big sweets guy, but I sure do love my fast food.

MELTDOWN
02-15-10, 11:26 pm
I gave up soft drinks in 2003. Now it's time to nix the energy drink. What makes it doubley hard is they are a personal sponsor of mine, but my minds made up already.

rjs
02-16-10, 9:12 pm
No red meat on fridays of lent. That's how I was raised. Never really questioned why and to this day, as a grown man, i still maintain this tradition. If anything, it sure keeps mama happy.

violator
02-17-10, 5:51 am
So what are you all giving up?

Catholicism.....haha....

Beach91
02-17-10, 9:17 am
I eat fairly clean year round, but live for my 1-2 cheat meals i have during the week, usually on the weekend, so I am giving those up, itll be tough as i really look forward to those cheat meals every week as a reward for the hard work, but, thats the whole point, nobody said it was easy

ghost
02-17-10, 9:23 am
may try and give up swearing.... i have a horrible problem of swearing all the time.