PDA

View Full Version : FOB Salerno Afghanistan ABC

atrain11b
02-17-10, 4:55 am
To all the Soldiers, Civilians, Contractors and Local Nationals located at FOB Salerno Afghanistan; this will be the thread we use for coordination of Monthly or Bi-Monthly ABC's.

It is my goal to do the best I can to get this Chapter up off the ground. I know many Soldiers who use Animal/Universal Products daily, and are just as dedicated to lifting as they are protecting their country.

It doesn't matter what Division, Brigade, MOS you are, or what country you're from. We are all Animals, and I feel we can all learn something from one another.

The only rules I have for this thread is to keep it clean for others coming on to find information about our ABC. This means keep the MOS/Unit/Country Shit-Talking to a minimum.

Feel free to contact me either by PM or simply post in this thread.

G Diesel
02-17-10, 8:57 am
Great to see our brave men and women overseas taking part in the ABCs... We're honored to have you in the mix. You're doing great work over there and we're all exceptionally proud of you and thankful that you've got our backs.

If you need anything, just let us know.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
02-17-10, 9:26 am
Awesome to have you stepping up and taking hold brother.

Thank you.

atrain11b
02-17-10, 2:51 pm
G, Tree, always an honor. Got some takers, just need to get them logged in and posting. I see this getting HUGE in a month or two. Flyers are going up at the gym by the end of the week.

Herc, where you at?

PIJW
02-17-10, 2:56 pm
Wish i would have had this while i was in Iraq. Had to lift most of the time by myself. Grats on starting that over there and hope you get tons of members.

Semper Fi

JDH8610
03-05-10, 12:50 pm
Count me in!

starface24
03-05-10, 12:59 pm
I'm goin in

atrain11b
03-08-10, 3:46 am
Alright so we have 3 that have posted here. Total count is around 10. We need to get those others to log in here. I'll start working the logistics in the next day or so.

Lets aim for an official event in April! We can continue to do non-official events up until then.

JDH8610
03-08-10, 4:48 am
Ok, I'll get the other guys to get up on here. I got around 5 that will most likely sign up. Going to try and get more

atrain11b
03-10-10, 3:42 pm
Looks like we are stuck with just 3 signed up. We need to get some pics of our informal nightly get togethers up here soon. I know there is more then 3 of us crushing those weights nightly. JD, remind me to print and post those fliers. As soon as the others sign up I'll coordinate the banner package. Lets keep this thread alive. Got a year here, and monthly ABCs are completely doable.

Goal is to get this rolling, and do a battle handover to the guys relieving us when the time comes (seems so far away).

JDH8610
03-10-10, 3:48 pm
Gotcha' I'll get them on here. And totally agree about the pics. Probably take some tomorrow.

PIJW
03-10-10, 3:48 pm
That is freaking awesome, finish your year, find someone dedicated to take over and get it rolling with there shift till the next crew gets out there. I am on to watch this pan out, wish we would have had this in Iraq when i was over.

atrain11b
03-10-10, 3:54 pm
Gotcha' I'll get them on here. And totally agree about the pics. Probably take some tomorrow.

Sounds good. I'll create a new Photobucket account for the group. I'll be sure to give you the access info during our shift. I think if me and you post pics we will be fine. We will discuss it in the AM. Tomorrows a rest day for myself, and most of the crew if I'm tracking right. Lets aim for some pics on Fri or Sat.

That is freaking awesome, finish your year, find someone dedicated to take over and get it rolling with there shift till the next crew gets out there. I am on to watch this pan out, wish we would have had this in Iraq when i was over.

Glad to have you following along Pain. Saw Iraqs list on the Coordinators list, looks like there's a good amount of them now.

PIJW
03-10-10, 3:56 pm
Yeah they are, granted i was over there '04 - '05 almost 5 years ago. wow, forgot how long it had been.

JDH8610
03-10-10, 3:56 pm
Yea, Fri or Sat sounds good... I've been out for a few days... Dying to get back in

JDH8610
03-12-10, 3:20 pm
got one more signing up here shortly... I'll get french frye to as well, he disappeared after the workout.

atrain11b
03-12-10, 3:39 pm
JD, Sounds good. Here is my running estimate without using names:

atrain11b
JDH8610
starface24
Herc (still needs to post)
frenchfrye (good screen name for him, still needs to sign up on the FORVM)

How many others are you tracking from the front row that are not FORVM members? We have enough for me to coordinate w/ Natural Guy, but would like to hold of another day or two for the flyers to be posted and our others to log in. I still need to print flyers. We need one more true headcount w/ what we havem signed up on the FORVM and those who are not. We NEED to get those not FORVM members to become FORVM members.

Looking for April 15 first event. You know how mail is, especially if my name is on it, so I need to push info to Natural Guy NLT Monday.

PIJW
03-12-10, 3:42 pm
Yeah Mail is slow the larger it is out there for sure get stuff sent with plenty of time

atrain11b
03-12-10, 3:57 pm
Yeah Mail is slow the larger it is out there for sure get stuff sent with plenty of time

Yep ordered some Supps FEB 15, still not here. Guys order Supps last week and their shit showed up this week. Theres some Afghani kid out there getting big on my planned Animal Stak

PIJW
03-12-10, 3:59 pm
Yep ordered some Supps FEB 15, still not here. Guys order Supps last week and their shit showed up this week. Theres some Afghani kid out there getting big on my planned Animal Stak

Don't want to get you down, but im still missing a package my mom told me she sent and that was in 2005.

BTW we don't believe she sent shit. What a great birthday that was in iraq

starface24
03-12-10, 3:59 pm
How do you get to legendary status? Are you a god? Or just an animal?

C.Coronato
03-12-10, 4:03 pm
atrain we defiantly appreciate the support. Shoot me over your full name and address so i can get you out a care package to help things move along.

atrain11b
03-12-10, 4:05 pm
Don't want to get you down, but im still missing a package my mom told me she sent and that was in 2005.

BTW we don't believe she sent shit. What a great birthday that was in iraq

No shit. Man that sucks. Never can tell.

How do you get to legendary status? Are you a god? Or just an animal?

Post count my man. We are all Animals.

"I don't think its a quest to become an Animal. I think once it hits you and you start living the life of dedication and determination, you are an Animal. You don't train to become an Animal at some "point", you train like an Animal to the point of no end because there is no end, except the day you leave this earth. -slainte151

atrain11b
03-12-10, 4:08 pm
atrain we defiantly appreciate the support. Shoot me over your full name and address so i can get you out a care package to help things move along.

We appreciate the thanks also thanks for helping us roll the ball. PM Sent

JDH8610
03-12-10, 4:09 pm
I'm about to just make him one and give him the user name and password... and I'm gettin another to sign on as we speak

atrain11b
03-12-10, 4:35 pm
Alright. Coordination on the starter pack is complete. Tentative schedule looks like April. Date will be confirmed after I receive the starter pack, estimating 2-4 weeks from now.

Will do basic Flyers tomorrow, followed by actual event flyers once I receive the starter pack.

JD, don't forget to charge your camera for tomorrows informal get together.

PIJW
03-12-10, 4:40 pm
Waiting to see this. Like i have said many time, wish we would have had this in Iraq when i was out there. Get those guys to take advantage of a great opportunity while they are out there.

R.Bearse1
03-12-10, 4:47 pm
Atrain!! I'm subbed in here to watch how this goes. Fuckin awesome...I happen to have the same problem I had last tour. I ask and people bail so mostly I'm workin out by myself. I think the RIP idea with the next unit is an out-fuckin-standing Idea! never thought of actually doing that to continue it and spread the word! Anyway...all you guys in here lifti with Atrain, Im here to watch the insanity that will insue and support ya'll!

Oh and I'm waiting on a package my church sent in November...lol

PIJW
03-12-10, 4:49 pm
Got to love the endless wait for a package, waiting for the stories to come out about them now.

R.Bearse1
03-12-10, 4:57 pm
Got to love the endless wait for a package, waiting for the stories to come out about them now.

hahaha right? Whatever I'm outta here soon so if a Texas guy gets that one..fine. lol. I just need the next one my ma sent before we leave, it's got my beret in it. Yeah I know...."Why do I need my garrison cover in country?" because my demob site...requires berets.

frenchfrye
03-13-10, 2:12 pm
FrenchFrye's in I'm here to carry the team

82nd ALL THE WAY !!!!!

PIJW
03-13-10, 2:16 pm

82nd ALL THE WAY !!!!!

I hope thats not 82nd Airborne from FAY

atrain11b
03-13-10, 3:43 pm
Waiting to see this. Like i have said many time, wish we would have had this in Iraq when i was out there. Get those guys to take advantage of a great opportunity while they are out there.

That is the goal. No better way to pass the time then to crushing some iron with fellow Soldiers.

Atrain!! I'm subbed in here to watch how this goes. Fuckin awesome...I happen to have the same problem I had last tour. I ask and people bail so mostly I'm workin out by myself. I think the RIP idea with the next unit is an out-fuckin-standing Idea! never thought of actually doing that to continue it and spread the word! Anyway...all you guys in here lifti with Atrain, Im here to watch the insanity that will insue and support ya'll!

Oh and I'm waiting on a package my church sent in November...lol

R, good to have you following along. I plan to add this to my RIP TOA, this will be a mandatory battle handoff. Hopefully they keep it going. As for now, we are going to get this up and rocking. God I cant wait for the first event. And your damn right its gonna be intense!

Oh, let me know if you get that package, probably get it when I get my supps. Not looking promising for either of us

Never gets old, makes every mail delivery an exciting one, only to have your feelings crushed again.

hahaha right? Whatever I'm outta here soon so if a Texas guy gets that one..fine. lol. I just need the next one my ma sent before we leave, it's got my beret in it. Yeah I know...."Why do I need my garrison cover in country?" because my demob site...requires berets.

Fuck the beret, black ones at least.

82nd ALL THE WAY !!!!!

Holy fucking shit, Frye is in here. I feel JD had something to do with this. Glad hes signed up either way.

JDH8610
03-14-10, 4:45 pm
Holy fucking shit, Frye is in here. I feel JD had something to do with this. Glad hes signed up either way.

You know it! I had to walk him through it...

R.Bearse1
03-15-10, 2:39 am

82nd ALL THE WAY !!!!!

I'm with B 1/504PIR right now in Iraq,lol. Not deployed as a part of them but on the same FOB.

Atrain- I know it'll be intense brother, wouldn't expect anything less since it's being driven by you. Agreed, fuck the beret...the black one at least, lol. Thinking about gettin a maroon one. That's if the LRS CO in MI is taking anyone after this tour.

Vinny G
03-15-10, 4:08 am
god bless you guys. i wish i had half the courage that you guys have.

you are TRUE ANIMALS.

tatitup
03-15-10, 2:26 pm
Count me in. If were going to do this were going to do it right. Thats how we do it here at Salerno.

atrain11b
03-15-10, 4:15 pm
You know it! I had to walk him through it...

I figured, good kid, but a lil slow in the head at times

I'm with B 1/504PIR right now in Iraq,lol. Not deployed as a part of them but on the same FOB.

Atrain- I know it'll be intense brother, wouldn't expect anything less since it's being driven by you. Agreed, fuck the beret...the black one at least, lol. Thinking about gettin a maroon one. That's if the LRS CO in MI is taking anyone after this tour.

I prefer to be in the Stan any day over Iraq. Lets do our best to hit Ranger School together.

you are TRUE ANIMALS.

Thanks Vinny, we appreciate it.

Count me in. If were going to do this were going to do it right. Thats how we do it here at Salerno.

Good to see you in here. Missed a bad ass chest day today. People where fighting for plates, we had them all!

atrain11b
03-15-10, 4:20 pm
6 confirmed for the first event:

atrain11b
JDH8610
starface24
Herc (still needs to post)
frenchfrye
tatitup

I also have 2 others interested on my end, going to walk them through the account setup tomorrow. That will put us at 8. If you other guys know of anyone else get them in here!

C.Coronato
03-15-10, 5:27 pm
Atrain - Package is in route. Let me know when you receive it.

atrain11b
03-15-10, 11:08 pm
Atrain - Package is in route. Let me know when you receive it.

Thanks Tree I will let you know for sure.

Everyone, first event will be ONE week after the starter packs arrival.

PIJW
03-15-10, 11:47 pm
Still can't wait to see pictures from the 1st event. Wish i could go over just to be apart of that.

JDH8610
03-16-10, 3:57 pm
hell ya fayetteville nc its the best post in the army. a-train yes jd had something to do with me signin up

tatitup
03-16-10, 4:01 pm
Tonight my goal for dead lift was 200 lbs. I hit 275 lbs. I was pretty stoked my goal in about 2 weeks is 300

atrain11b
03-16-10, 4:07 pm
Still can't wait to see pictures from the 1st event. Wish i could go over just to be apart of that.

GONNA be Sweet, wish you could come and throw some iron with us!

hell ya fayetteville nc its the best post in the army. a-train yes jd had something to do with me signin up

Frye, why don't you log in with your own name?

Tonight my goal for dead lift was 200 lbs. I hit 275 lbs. I was pretty stoked my goal in about 2 weeks is 300

Hell yeah, you skinny lil bastards were tearin it up tonight. Awesome work to that whole crew. BTW, thanks for missing the photo of me pulling 405. You'll just have to retake it next week!

atrain11b
03-16-10, 4:19 pm
Hey now that most of you seem to be active posters on here, y'all need to start a Journey. Be good to record your years worth of gym time over here, so at the end you can look back and see how far you've come!

JDH8610
03-16-10, 4:27 pm
Yea deff.... I was just thinking about doing that

JDH8610
03-16-10, 5:09 pm
Yea... I deff surprised myself tonight, and I know I can get more! until next week...

R.Bearse1
03-16-10, 11:23 pm
atrain I'd much rather be in the stan too... this place is killing me. Ranger school?! haha I gotta get into the unit first before I can get slotted for Pre-Ranger, THEN RIP. Guard brother..lot more hoops but...Ranger has been a goal of mine since I enlisted. So keep me in the loop...maybe we can work it out :)

R.Bearse1
03-17-10, 4:41 am

you are TRUE ANIMALS.

How'd I miss this?! Damn bro...you know you got something good goin on when Vin comes in to visit!

oh yeah....I'll be stateside soon so if ya'll need anything be sure to let me know bros.

tatitup
03-17-10, 4:05 pm
Im pretty stoked for this event. I cant wait till every one in the gym is like WTF Mate. Its going to be sweet.

atrain11b
03-17-10, 4:06 pm

Stop thinking and do it!

Yea... I deff surprised myself tonight, and I know I can get more! until next week...

Didn't surprise me, knew you had it in ya.

atrain I'd much rather be in the stan too... this place is killing me. Ranger school?! haha I gotta get into the unit first before I can get slotted for Pre-Ranger, THEN RIP. Guard brother..lot more hoops but...Ranger has been a goal of mine since I enlisted. So keep me in the loop...maybe we can work it out :)

I'm telling you, we wold kill it there. Right now I am working on my 160th packet. We will see how that goes. We will get together and lift one day, thats for sure.

How'd I miss this?! Damn bro...you know you got something good goin on when Vin comes in to visit!

oh yeah....I'll be stateside soon so if ya'll need anything be sure to let me know bros.

I'm telling you, this thing may seem small now, but its about to explode. Vin is the man. A true honor to have him post in here.

Oh and thanks for rubbing the states in our faces. Ha, J/K, you did your time like we are doing. Mad respect.

R.Bearse1
03-18-10, 1:59 am
2nd time around too!! lol

You know I'd be right there if I could.

Herc
03-18-10, 5:07 am
Hey A-TRAIN im in

atrain11b
03-18-10, 6:58 am
2nd time around too!! lol

You know I'd be right there if I could.

Oh I know it!

Hey A-TRAIN im in

Bout damn time you got off your lazy ass and signed up.

atrain11b
03-22-10, 2:22 pm

You start that Journey yet?

JDH8610
03-22-10, 5:06 pm
Yea, I started it... I'm gonna post about tonight's workout

alwaysgone82
03-23-10, 4:58 am
hey I finally signed up

atrain11b
03-23-10, 5:14 am
Yea, I started it... I'm gonna post about tonight's workout

Need a link to it.

hey I finally signed up

Welcome, glad to have you on board. Now stop being lazy and get ready to lift big.

atrain11b
03-23-10, 5:23 am
Hey all. Recieved the Starter Package today details for first event below.

****FIRST EVENT NOTICE****
Chapter: FOB Salerno Afghainstan
Date: 1 April 2009
Time: 2300
Contact Email: atrain11b@yahoo.com

7 confirmed for the first event I know of one other looking to sign up:

atrain11b
JDH8610
starface24
Herc
frenchfrye
tatitup
alwaysgone82

robert.becotte
03-23-10, 6:10 am
Yea buddy, Im in!

riggin79
03-23-10, 11:51 am
Hey Brah, Im in this. Lets rock this shit. Good luck finding plates when we are up in this beeatch.

atrain11b
03-23-10, 12:02 pm
Chapter: FOB Salerno Afghainstan
Date: 1 April 2009
Time: 2300
Contact Email: atrain11b@yahoo.com

9 confirmed for the first event I know of one other looking to sign up:

atrain11b
JDH8610
starface24
Herc
frenchfrye
tatitup
alwaysgone82
robert.becotte
riggin79

JDH8610
03-23-10, 2:06 pm
Glad to see we got some guys from the "other" side of the house on this...

tatitup
03-30-10, 4:12 pm
I havent posted in a while so ill do it now. Just got done working out with atrain and Herc, beasted it up just a lil. Ya'll know everyone is going to be like wtf mate on the 1st of april, cause you know we're going to tear it up here. Thats how we do.

atrain11b
04-01-10, 5:00 pm
First FOB Salerno ABC happened tonight. Everyone looked great and helped push each other. Just the way an ABC should be. Stay tuned for the write up, and pics.

Mr. Dead
04-01-10, 5:05 pm
First FOB Salerno ABC happened tonight. Everyone looked great and helped push each other. Just the way an ABC should be. Stay tuned for the write up, and pics.

Sweet!!!

tatitup
04-01-10, 5:18 pm
That shit was great wish i could have stayed a lil longer but dont want to smoke my self to much got a pt test in 2 days but that shit is nice.

PIJW
04-02-10, 2:45 pm
Nice can't wait

the northumbrian
04-02-10, 2:59 pm
tents, shit and sand,
move thro
take time,
half way up the mountain
getting home and coming home
is the rest of the way down the mountain..

growth brother growth

the northumbrian

R.Bearse1
06-13-10, 6:17 pm
what's goin on with our FOB Salerno brothers?

G Diesel
06-14-10, 9:16 am
One of my homeboys is on his way over. I'm sure he'll be seeking you brothers out, as he knows about your chapter and is an Animal loyalist.

Much respect to all the cats over there putting your shit on the line. Thank you.

Peace, G

Aggression
06-14-10, 9:17 am
Awesome. Subb'ed in for pics and details.

atrain11b
06-21-10, 12:37 pm
Gents OPTEMPO has been up, and this group has dropped. This is my fault. I have the write up for the First ABC that happened on April 1 2010. Will post story and link to pics first thing tommorow. Stand by for that write up.

It is time to schedule our next event, and we are looking to do this mid-July. So, for those of you in on Round Two pleease post your intrest so I can start getting an early head count for this.

G Diesel
06-21-10, 12:47 pm
Gents OPTEMPO has been up, and this group has dropped. This is my fault. I have the write up for the First ABC that happened on April 1 2010. Will post story and link to pics first thing tommorow. Stand by for that write up.

It is time to schedule our next event, and we are looking to do this mid-July. So, for those of you in on Round Two pleease post your intrest so I can start getting an early head count for this.

Awesome. Good to see American heroes finding the time to do work in the gym and to represent the ABCs.

Peace, G

C.Coronato
06-21-10, 4:00 pm
As G said, glad to see you are trying to get things rolling again. You guys are unbelievable and are very much respected. If you need any help let G or I know and we would be more than happy to accommodate.

Maiden69
06-21-10, 6:33 pm
Sup! Glad to see you got some folks over there... Im at FOB Fenti now, been here for about 2 months now and at the time I go to the GYM, there is only 1 more person working out. All the other ones go to the main gym which we call the "health club", where all the cardio machines are. Anyway, hope the best bro! Ill try to get in touch once we get back to Campbell!

atrain11b
06-24-10, 3:28 pm
As promised here is the link to the First Fob Salerno ABC. Some of the pictures are shaky, we fired our Camera Man, but some turned out just fine. The best pic is on the last page, that is the group photo holding the sign in our "Brothers In Arms" T-Shirts, thank you Animal for those shirts.

Write up is to follow, but these pics are long overdue.

http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/FOBSALERNOABC/

G Diesel
06-24-10, 3:38 pm
As promised here is the link to the First Fob Salerno ABC. Some of the pictures are shaky, we fired our Camera Man, but some turned out just fine. The best pic is on the last page, that is the group photo holding the sign in our "Brothers In Arms" T-Shirts, thank you Animal for those shirts.

Write up is to follow, but these pics are long overdue.

http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/FOBSALERNOABC/

Great pics my man... That is a beautiful thing.

Peace, G

Aggression
06-24-10, 3:43 pm
Awesome pictures, guys. As G said, its a beautiful thing.

C.Coronato
06-25-10, 9:42 am
Badass pics with some badass dudes. Thank you my man.

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx6/FOBSALERNOABC/DSC01373.jpg

streetclosed
11-12-10, 3:47 am
I'm down here in FOB Salerno y'all still around?

C.Coronato
11-12-10, 11:08 am
You are more than welcome to grab some dudes and get a session going my man.

C.Coronato
02-21-11, 9:25 am
The National ABC at the Arnold Classic.

Will you be there?

Bigger and Better than last year ..

Promos/Food/Training.

When
Saturday, 3/5/10 at 7pm

Where
Metro Fitness
9 East Long Street
Columbus OH 43215

Food to follow.

Who?
Any and all. Let's show them how Animal does it.

If so, post up here and what Chapter you are going to be representing:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?34917-ROLL-CALL-National-ABC-Event-2011

Also please make sure you check out the ABC Member Directory:

http://forum.animalpak.com/showthread.php?35235-ABC-Member-directory

atrain11b
08-29-11, 2:22 pm
Working on recruiting some friends I know heading into FOB Salerno. Would love to be able to hand this off properly and Pray that they have a little more success. If anyone is there now go ahead and chime in so I can get the Horseman to pass my torch. Hate to see this fall through the cracks and never get passed onto others who love the iron.